Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Shapeshifter

Tipping yourself will not accomplish anything. It definitely does NOT bump your thread up either.The gold you gain on Gaia is YOURS to do what you please with even if it is "gaia's gold" you can do whatever you wish with it, gaia does not control what you do with it what-so-ever so it is yours, mine, his, hers and the person above me wish to do as they damn well please with it, hence why we say "my gold."

You know what promotes your threads for real? Getting enough <3 (likes if you will) or getting people active in your thread, not mindless tipping. People tip posts if they feel that the post REALLY deserves it and works more like a donation than it does serve bumping a thread. By the way it's only 25g like 25 cents, it's not a lot to crap yourself about.

While I'm on the subject, do you know how silly it really looks, giving yourself gold? Imagine it in real life, people would think there was something mentally wrong with you, if you kept giving yourself the same 25 cents and agreeing with yourself. If you really feel the need to pat yourself on the back or if you really want people to see your thread...quote yourself and/or bump your own thread and hey guess what? You'll get a lot more than measly 25g!

User Image

Oneirose Ashwalker's Significant Otter

Smitten Kitten

18,475 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
I don't see a point so I'd rather they not waste time on this.

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
How would you be in essence rich? Since you would be tipping your own 25g to yourself and then you would neither be over or under in gold it would stay the same.

Sexy Assailant

The only rationale I see for this is for the tipping achievements. However, if you are so despised that other users won't tip you, you are free to make a mule.

pixolotl's Stud

Dominant Darling

16,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
Ryxios
The Shattered Silence
This thread is making me gonk

I think you mean

User Image

No one will ever convince me you told a lie.

Saving this .gif for later. xd

Moriarty was REAL!

Girl-Crazy Lover

15,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Pet Lover 100
It would be kind of like patting yourself on the back, wouldn't it?

Star-Crossed Seraph

25,775 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Object of Affection 150
My understanding is that if you tip a post, all it does is put it under the Tip Jar. Doesn't show anything about being rich (25 gold?) or bumping the post to the front page ... unless I missed something here.

I think its a rather ridiculous idea actually.

Powerhouse

I'd tip my posts all day long because I'm big and clever and funny, also rich apparently.

Seriously though this isn't a good idea at all.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
-sees posts-

Jujunu
StrawberryZ0mbie
To be honest, I just can't see enough of a point to this feature to warrant the effort spent coding it. =)

That's your opinion. You don't understand how Gaia works, because you probably haven't worked there before. There are probably people there who would like my idea.

Jujunu
If people would stop downvoting, then my idea would probably be heard. Gaia shouldn't have made a downvote feature.

But anyways, I'm going to bed.

Jujunu
A mali
Jujunu
StrawberryZ0mbie
To be honest, I just can't see enough of a point to this feature to warrant the effort spent coding it. =)

That's your opinion. You don't understand how Gaia works, because you probably haven't worked there before. There are probably people there who would like my idea.
You are saying you have worked for Gaia or have an intimate knowledge of the Gaia's workings? confused

No, I said that there might be people there who would like my idea. I never said that I work at Gaia or know anything about them.

Given your behavior, OP, you're acting like Gaia would fast-track your idea just because YOU think it's awesome.
First off, i would agree with everyone else, even the moderator, that self-tipping is nothing more than masturbation. The tipping of oneself is pointless other than an ego boost. It's not worth the coding.
Secondly, you're complaining about having your idea downvoted and "attacked," as others might say. Actually, Site Feedback is THE place to have a bad idea shot down and a good idea exalted on high and hot-button ideas debated.
Thirdly, your attitude needs MAJOR work.

Dorian_Archer's Partner

Codebreaking Reveler

10,375 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Is this the idea that makes one a legend in their own mind?

Or is this the idea that helps one break their arm patting themself on the back?

Makes no damned sense. Dumb idea. And Gaia would be so stupid to code it into the system.

Gaian

-Facepalm.-

Demonic Gatekeeper

9,625 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Jujunu
I was wondering if we could have the option to tip our own posts? I don't think it makes any sense to have it grayed out, especially since other people can do it. It would give us the ability to make ourselves known because people will see that we have tipped our own posts and we have a lot of money. And there should also be an option that when you get a lot of tips that you get displayed on the first page.

Okay. Thank you.

Easier way of "making yourself known". Post in the Forums with intelligent and insightful discussion and opinions. Making a post to get an option that serves no actual purpose is rather silly and makes you look the same. Personally, I would rather be known for the intelligent and insightful discussion and opinions instead of looking silly.

Unbeatable Survivor

10,025 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Tip your own posts to make yourself look important?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Jujunu
Existential Existence
Jujunu
Existential Existence
...25g is not a lot of money...if you want to pat yourself on the back...well...you can always..uh...quote yourself....and say..."I agree with this post ^".....?

It doesn't make sense to tip yourself though because you're essentially...giving...gold....to yourself...using...your.....own...gold.......

But it's not your own gold. It belongs to Gaia.

When you tip someone it uses your own gold...try it out. Watch your gold count go down by 25g after tipping someone and refreshing the page to see your new gold count.

I mean the gold doesn't belong to you. You don't own it. Gaia owns it.

So if you tip your post, the gold comes from your account but it actually belongs to Gaia, so it won't matter.

ROFL!!! rofl rofl rofl

Ok but you understand what people are saying - the gold comes from YOUR account and goes to YOUR account. It does NOT prove that you are rich - you could have 30 gold and tip yourself 100 times... why? because the gold comes FROM your account and goes INTO you account. 30 minus 25 plus 25 still equals 30- get it? If you want to prove you're rich wear million gold items. Tipping yourself is a dumb dumb idea. It degrades the entire idea of tipping. Tipping is to show someone ELSE that you like their idea a LOT. It's a nice thing to do - it does't make you famous and it sure does NOT make you well known - If a person were to be able to and were to go around tipping themselves it would however show that a person is probably very insecure and has some major issues that they have to agree with themselves. It's an aweful idea. If you really really really feel you need to tip yourself then get a mule account and go tip every post you've ever made.. it still isn't going to help you and people will not respect you for tipping yourself.

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

I just. I can't. This thread. oh man. I love it. This is great. xd

Warden Watts
I'd tip my posts all day long because I'm big and clever and funny, also rich apparently.

Seriously though this isn't a good idea at all.

DAMN RIGHT. I'd tip the ******** out of my self. I'm hilarious. Not to mention damn sexy.
/shot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces