Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unholy Shapeshifter

Jujunu
I mean the gold doesn't belong to you. You don't own it. Gaia owns it.

So if you tip your post, the gold comes from your account but it actually belongs to Gaia, so it won't matter.

Creative rights, yes, Gaia owns it
and the system, I suppose, that churns out the gold.

The gold on your account is yours to use though, despite it
being Gaia's.

When you tip someone, it subtracts 25g from your account balance,
and adds it to the person you've tipped.

So essentially you're taking away the 25g and then putting it back.
And that's pretty pointless, even if Gaia does own it.
It's not like you tip someone and the gold goes away. You're
essentially giving them 25g for making a good post or something.
Its a sort of transfer.

Rapire's Queen

Demonic Cutie-Pie

Jujunu
Dr Jin Love
X

User Image

So wait, if you tip your own post a s**t load of times, your post gets bumped up to the first page?

I don't even see how they could code that to begin with. Even if they could, that would be horrible, The pages would all be mixed up and chaotic because people are tipping their own post thousands of times and posts would be moving to the first page all the time.

If you wanna toot your own horn, you're free to do so already. But I don't think they need to change a feature so that you can do it.

User Image

No, your post gets displayed on Gaia's front page.
Either way I still don't see how that would work, no gold is being given or taken away so I can sit here all day and tip my post, along with everyone else. So there'd be no point to it showing up on the front page cause it would just keep changing so constantly. And a post doesn't need to go over there.

We don't need to tip ourselves, it's just plain pointless.
Existential Existence
Jujunu
Existential Existence
Jujunu
Existential Existence
...25g is not a lot of money...if you want to pat yourself on the back...well...you can always..uh...quote yourself....and say..."I agree with this post ^".....?

It doesn't make sense to tip yourself though because you're essentially...giving...gold....to yourself...using...your.....own...gold.......

But it's not your own gold. It belongs to Gaia.

When you tip someone it uses your own gold...try it out. Watch your gold count go down by 25g after tipping someone and refreshing the page to see your new gold count.

So if you tip your post, the gold comes from your account but it actually belongs to Gaia, so it won't matter.

...you gettin' all philosophical on me eh?

although if you think about it, yeah, all our stuffz r belong 2 Gaia....

even this post. THEY CAN STRIKETH DOWN, AND TAKETH, OR GIVETH AND LET LEAVETH
!!!! crying

I'm happy someone understands.
Freeborn Pirate
Jujunu

being Gaia's.

Its a sort of transfer.

No, the gold belongs to GAIA. So if you tip someone, it comes from your account but it originally belongs to GAIA. If you tip your own post, it's not because you want to give yourself gold. It's because you want people to know that your post is important.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Jujunu
Existential Existence
Jujunu
Existential Existence
Jujunu
Existential Existence
...25g is not a lot of money...if you want to pat yourself on the back...well...you can always..uh...quote yourself....and say..."I agree with this post ^".....?

It doesn't make sense to tip yourself though because you're essentially...giving...gold....to yourself...using...your.....own...gold.......

But it's not your own gold. It belongs to Gaia.

When you tip someone it uses your own gold...try it out. Watch your gold count go down by 25g after tipping someone and refreshing the page to see your new gold count.

!!!! crying

well some of the logic in the first post i don't understand.
like, if gaia owns everything, how can anyone really be 'rich'/'wealthy' on gaia? if you're going to take the 'it belongs to Gaia' route then tipping yourself with gold to show you have gold is a meaningless gesture isn't it? if that gold belongs to gaia. ;P
Dr Jin Love
Jujunu
Dr Jin Love
X

User Image

So wait, if you tip your own post a s**t load of times, your post gets bumped up to the first page?

I don't even see how they could code that to begin with. Even if they could, that would be horrible, The pages would all be mixed up and chaotic because people are tipping their own post thousands of times and posts would be moving to the first page all the time.

If you wanna toot your own horn, you're free to do so already. But I don't think they need to change a feature so that you can do it.

User Image

No, your post gets displayed on Gaia's front page.
Either way I still don't see how that would work, no gold is being given or taken away so I can sit here all day and tip my post, along with everyone else. So there'd be no point to it showing up on the front page cause it would just keep changing so constantly. And a post doesn't need to go over there.

We don't need to tip ourselves, it's just plain pointless.

It wouldn't matter if it kept changing because people are always looking at the front page and would see your post even if it wasn't up there that long. Someone would see the post eventually.

5,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
That is...odd. Why would you want to give yourself money you already have? Plus I highly doubt people look at how many tips someone gets and goes 'oh they're so rich.' Tips are only 25 gold anyway...
Jujunu
Freeborn Pirate

being Gaia's.

Its a sort of transfer.

No, the gold belongs to GAIA. So if you tip someone, it comes from your account but it originally belongs to GAIA. If you tip your own post, it's not because you want to give yourself gold. It's because you want people to know that your post is important.

What you fail to understand is that tipping your own posts is not going to bring more attention to your posts, nor is it going to let people see that your post is "important." If you could tip you own posts, then people could go around tipping what ever nonsensical post they make, regardless of content (Which you can already do with other people, so tips do not automatically equate to being an important post). And seeing as how you can't see the tips a post has unless you check their tip jar, unless people went checking the tips on every single one of your posts, they will not see whether you tipped yourself or not.

So... I don't see where you're going with this. As everyone else has said, it's absolutely redundant.
Existential Existence
Jujunu
Existential Existence
Jujunu
Existential Existence

!!!! crying

like, if gaia owns everything, how can anyone really be 'rich'/'wealthy' on gaia? if you're going to take the 'it belongs to Gaia' route then tipping yourself with gold to show you have gold is a meaningless gesture isn't it? if that gold belongs to gaia. ;P

You don't understand what I'm saying. The gold belongs to Gaia so when it comes from your account, it belongs to Gaia anyways. When you tip your own post, it shows that you have a lot of gold but it doesn't mean a way to show your own richness. Just the amount of gold you have, but it's NOT YOURS.

Ambrosyne's Waifu

Sparkly Lunatic

What I THINK she's trying to say is that she wants it so the post stays on the front page if it keeps getting tipped. That's not the case though. Tipping does not move the post and you don't even get to see how many times the person has been tipped. If you want the thread to move, you simply have to post.
Bubble Tae
That is...odd. Why would you want to give yourself money you already have? Plus I highly doubt people look at how many tips someone gets and goes 'oh they're so rich.' Tips are only 25 gold anyway...

If you do it enough times, people will see that you have gold. Also, there are some people who can't afford many things.
Jujunu
When you tip your own post, it shows that you have a lot of gold but it doesn't mean a way to show your own richness.

Uhm. No it doesn't.

Your first post of the day grants 40 gold. That nearly pays for two tips right there.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Jujunu
Existential Existence
Jujunu
Existential Existence
Jujunu
Existential Existence

!!!! crying

You don't understand what I'm saying. The gold belongs to Gaia so when it comes from your account, it belongs to Gaia anyways. When you tip your own post, it shows that you have a lot of gold but it doesn't mean a way to show your own richness. Just the amount of gold you have, but it's NOT YOURS.

If the gold isn't yours then why would it matter what amount of gold you have, if the gold isn't even yours?

Inquisitive Bibliophile

To be honest, I just can't see enough of a point to this feature to warrant the effort spent coding it. =)

Ambrosyne's Waifu

Sparkly Lunatic

Or she wants people to look at the post's tip jar and see they have a lot of gold which again, makes no sense. You can't view how many times someone has been tipped. Only the achievement will tell you it's been fifty or more. Other than that, there's no way of determining.

This thread is making me gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces