Welcome to Gaia! ::

I was wondering if we could have the option to tip our own posts? I don't think it makes any sense to have it grayed out, especially since other people can do it. It would give us the ability to make ourselves known because people will see that we have tipped our own posts and we have a lot of money. And there should also be an option that when you get a lot of tips that you get displayed on the first page.

Okay. Thank you.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
...25g is not a lot of money...if you want to pat yourself on the back...well...you can always..uh...quote yourself....and say..."I agree with this post ^".....?

It doesn't make sense to tip yourself though because you're essentially...giving...gold....to yourself...using...your.....own...gold.......

Unholy Shapeshifter

That's kind of redundant, isn't it?

You tip yourself your own gold to get the 25g back.
That's kind of pointless.

And you 'make yourself known' by posting around,
add to the community. Tipping yourself is
not going to do that...

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
No.

Tipping doesn't make you famous.

Rapire's Queen

Demonic Cutie-Pie

X

User Image

So wait, if you tip your own post a s**t load of times, your post gets bumped up to the first page?

I don't even see how they could code that to begin with. Even if they could, that would be horrible, The pages would all be mixed up and chaotic because people are tipping their own post thousands of times and posts would be moving to the first page all the time.

If you wanna toot your own horn, you're free to do so already. But I don't think they need to change a feature so that you can do it.

User Image
Existential Existence
...25g is not a lot of money...if you want to pat yourself on the back...well...you can always..uh...quote yourself....and say..."I agree with this post ^".....?

It doesn't make sense to tip yourself though because you're essentially...giving...gold....to yourself...using...your.....own...gold.......

But it's not your own gold. It belongs to Gaia.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Jujunu
Existential Existence

When you tip someone it uses your own gold...try it out. Watch your gold count go down by 25g after tipping someone and refreshing the page to see your new gold count.

Wintry Dragon

Jujunu
Existential Existence

Incorrect. The gold comes from your account.

I don't think this self-congratulatory feature is needed.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Uh, being able to tip your own posts wouldn't prove that you're rich, cause you're just giving the money to yourself.

Ambrosyne's Waifu

Sparkly Lunatic

...I don't understand why. You're giving yourself gold you already have. You're neither gaining nor losing anything by this method.
Existential Existence
Jujunu
Existential Existence

When you tip someone it uses your own gold...try it out. Watch your gold count go down by 25g after tipping someone and refreshing the page to see your new gold count.

I mean the gold doesn't belong to you. You don't own it. Gaia owns it.

So if you tip your post, the gold comes from your account but it actually belongs to Gaia, so it won't matter.
A mali
Jujunu
Existential Existence

Incorrect. The gold comes from your account.

I don't think this self-congratulatory feature is needed.

Well that's just your opinion.
Dr Jin Love
X

User Image

So wait, if you tip your own post a s**t load of times, your post gets bumped up to the first page?

I don't even see how they could code that to begin with. Even if they could, that would be horrible, The pages would all be mixed up and chaotic because people are tipping their own post thousands of times and posts would be moving to the first page all the time.

If you wanna toot your own horn, you're free to do so already. But I don't think they need to change a feature so that you can do it.

User Image

No, your post gets displayed on Gaia's front page.

Relentless Glitch

It's like online masturbation! emotion_facepalm

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Jujunu
Existential Existence
Jujunu
Existential Existence

I mean the gold doesn't belong to you. You don't own it. Gaia owns it.

So if you tip your post, the gold comes from your account but it actually belongs to Gaia, so it won't matter.

...you gettin' all philosophical on me eh?

although if you think about it, yeah, all our stuffz r belong 2 Gaia....

even this post. THEY CAN STRIKETH DOWN, AND TAKETH, OR GIVETH AND LET LEAVETH
!!!! crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas