Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shadowy Girl

11,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
You know, both sides need a day to themselves. ninja It would be awesome if we did something for ninja day.

Scurvy Pirate

I dunno, ninja day seems like it would contradict itself. Not being able to see avatars or the content of posts would make it hard to do anything wink

Shadowy Girl

11,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
You make a good point. wink

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100

Renkon Root supports this!

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
Uncle Kenny
I dunno, ninja day seems like it would contradict itself. Not being able to see avatars or the content of posts would make it hard to do anything wink

You're only thinking of one aspect of ninja, though. Yeah, they're stealthy and everything. But that's not all they are.

Ninja got their start in mountain regions when political enemies fleeing from China sought asylum there. They brought with them a lot of the fighting and subterfuge techniques that we today associate with the ninja. Unlike the Samurai (a warrior-nobility cast), the ninja were farmers, priest and other such humble casts. We could have an item that harkens back to this history.

Also, the characters that make up the word 'nin-jah' mean to "suffer" and "endure". Maybe something based off that.

There are plenty of things we can do for a ninja day. All you need to do is a bit of research and no rely solely on their pop-culture conceptions.

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Well...I've known of Talk Like a Pirate Day for years, but have never once heard of Ninja Day. I'm not really sure what we could even do in the forums that's ninja related.

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
Denham
Well...I've known of Talk Like a Pirate Day for years, but have never once heard of Ninja Day.

Ninja Day

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100

And one more Ninja Day link.

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Renkon Root
Denham
Well...I've known of Talk Like a Pirate Day for years, but have never once heard of Ninja Day.

Ninja Day
Okay, but what exactly are you proposing that they do for a site wide event? Talk Like a Pirate Day is easy because it tells you what to do in the name. I saw you mentioned not to solely rely on pop-culture conceptions, but isn't that kinda what we're all doing with this event? I'm not completely opposed to celebrating it, but I wouldn't expect them to do any extra research for a mini event.

Wintry Dragon

Leaking out a secret like this can get you killed by...

/userisdead

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
Denham
Okay, but what exactly are you proposing that they do for a site wide event? Talk Like a Pirate Day is easy because it tells you what to do in the name. I saw you mentioned not to solely rely on pop-culture conceptions, but isn't that kinda what we're all doing with this event? I'm not completely opposed to celebrating it, but I wouldn't expect them to do any extra research for a mini event.

* Going off a points system similar to today's TLaPD, people could be awarded points for being the FIRST poster in a new thread. That would fit in with the pop-culture conception of ninja's being crazy fast.
* They could black out avatars so that only the eyes are visible (like when they pasted cat-heads on all the avatars on Caturday).

Also, there have been mini-events in the past where they didn't really do much of anything just give out an item to those that actually read the Dev. Alers and Announcements (like that April Fools item from a few years ago).

Unholy Shapeshifter

Edit: Whoops, not paying attention.
Copy-pasta'd the wrong coding in here.

My lousy posting aside, I wouldn't mind this if they could pull it
off right.
3nodding

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Renkon Root
Denham

* Going off a points system similar to today's TLaPD, people could be awarded points for being the FIRST poster in a new thread. That would fit in with the pop-culture conception of ninja's being crazy fast.
* They could black out avatars so that only the eyes are visible (like when they pasted cat-heads on all the avatars on Caturday).

Also, there have been mini-events in the past where they didn't really do much of anything just give out an item to those that actually read the Dev. Alers and Announcements (like that April Fools item from a few years ago).
These actually sound like pretty neat ideas! More items (and possibly more achievements) never hurt.

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
Denham
Renkon Root
Denham

These actually sound like pretty neat ideas! More items (and possibly more achievements) never hurt.

Exactly! heart

Thirteenth Bilge rat

29,025 Points
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I dunno. I like these random events. If they planned every event, it wouldn't be such a pleasant surprise. :/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff