Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Gaian

10,600 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Moira's Valentine 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
I'm a bit surprised no one has gave feedback asking or this yet! On a website where we are all about having exquisite looking items for our avatars to equip, how has no one suggested Alexander McQueen fashion items?! gonk

For those of you who don't know, he was pretty much the greatest haute couture fashion designer of our age.

A few pictures:

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Please Gaia? PLEEEEEAAASE??? crying heart

I don't even care if it were Dernier Cri, I'd quest the s**t out of it!!

Assimilated Wolf

Wow. Those outfits are really out there. Perfect for Gaia!

Original Gaian

10,600 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Moira's Valentine 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Gundamu
Wow. Those outfits are really out there. Perfect for Gaia!

Glad to see someone agrees! biggrin

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
I think we actually have a few items inspired by McQueen in one of the past RIGs, but more would be nice.

Sparkly Smoker

McKing's Saintly Cache & McKing's Sinful Cache are both based on Alexander McQueen. 3nodding

Demonic Lover

I'd love to see Gaia items based around his exhibition in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Savage Beauty is just magnificent~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm such a fan girl * O*

User Image

Swashbuckling Humorist

14,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I don't think they'd do the n****e furry dress one, but the others, sure.

O.G. Nerd

Viviette Valentine

oh god oh god that cloak *fashion boner*

Familiar Citizen

This... is why I'll never "get" high fashion.

But, otherwise, I see some neat concepts that would mesh well in Gaia's atmosphere. Some of the outfits in the picture with all the orange are ringing "Don't we already have something similar to this?" bells in my head, but I can't pinpoint anything in memory so I'll just say it's similar enough to Gaia-themed stuff anywho, why not?
I am never going to understand the rules of fashion. The crazier and more flamboyant an outfit/piece of clothing, the more fashionable it is. I'm such a simple plane Jane. The only thing there I'd consider wearing is the cloak and third image down that Viviette Valentine posted.

None the less, since this is Gaia, those kind of things fit right at home and I know a lot of people other than myself would really love to have them. I don't see why we can't have more of the designs. Why not? Outlandish fashion fits right at home here. heart

Demonic Lover

Jaded Jellyfish
You are just looking at it from the wrong angle C: those clothes aren't meant to be the type to make you think: "oh I could wear that next friday with that cute purse I bought last week", they are couture, they are art, they are, mmm, I'll just quote this from a really good episode of Ugly Betty (minute 2:54): "fashion is art, it's, just another way of taking what's on the inside and putting it out there for everyone else to experience it, it's not shallow it's corageous it's, beautiful." it might be a little dramatic but that's basically it~ many designers have in their collections pieces that can be actually worn and some that are just for the runway, just to be seen and experienced C: those two overlap sometimes of course and there are no written rules, nor what I'm posting is what everyone else thinks XD;;; but I just find it so fascinating I couldn't resist quoting you, I really hope you don't take this as me lecturing you or anything of the sort ;> 3< it's just a topic that interests me and I never get to talk about it, sorry XD

I agree with you about those pieces fitting in Gaia though C: many collections feel like the designer is shaping a fantasy land and telling a bit of the people living there through their clothing, it would be nice to give them a home in an actual fantasy land XD ours~

User Image

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
I LOVE McQueen, I would love to have his creations as items.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
kerminatrix
Viviette Valentine

oh god oh god that cloak *fashion boner*
That dress is gorgeous.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
I think the only time we ever got an actual fashion designer's NAMED clothing items here were the Christian Siriano set. I don't think we'll ever get the estate of Alexander McQueen to release exact copies, but... having a little creative licensing and some tribute items certainly can't hurt. Besides, all of that practically screams "Gaian" style.

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
What's the word I'm looking for. Avant Garde?
Stuffs got flair, not that I would personally use any.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff