Welcome to Gaia! ::

Awww. Just when I started getting into it. sad
I do wish they kept it, even with no updates. There's not much left to do in Gaia and Alchemy is a huge time killer.

ElectricTerra's Senpai

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Eal Cat
I do wish they kept it, even with no updates. There's not much left to do in Gaia and Alchemy is a huge time killer.

User Image Well, Narumi did say they were only considering it, and that we should post our feedback on it here. I might think about making a petition soon, if there isn't one already, so that would be something to definitely share around. User Image

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Daffodil the Destroyer
Eal Cat

User Image Well, Narumi did say they were only considering it, and that we should post our feedback on it here. I might think about making a petition soon, if there isn't one already, so that would be something to definitely share around. User Image

Do it! Let's save this thing! I mean, they can use GoFusion to help fix some things. They should take advantage of that! There is still a lot of things they can do to save it! I mean, they did recently put a few items in Mecha Neko recently to help with Alchemy needs!

ElectricTerra's Senpai

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Nyadriel
Daffodil the Destroyer
Eal Cat

Do it! Let's save this thing! I mean, they can use GoFusion to help fix some things. They should take advantage of that! There is still a lot of things they can do to save it! I mean, they did recently put a few items in Mecha Neko recently to help with Alchemy needs!

User Image http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/keep-alchemy-possibly-incorporate-it-with-gofusion/t.94470605_1/

Went ahead and created it.. No time to pretty it up right now since I'm just on my lunch break, so it's bare bones at the moment. But I will add more after work tonight.
User Image

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
They're so different, and you never fail on Gofusion. And I'm sure that's great to some people, but it took a lot of work to get to level 6 (and that's not even as high as some people!) Gofusion has no levels, no counter, nothing.
I think it stopped counted after I fused 10 items o_O I know I fused way more. (trying to get the 50 item fused achievement)

This isn't the same system at all, you can't just "buy" your way through Alchemy.
Like, just leave Alchemy as it is or update it? cause it really could use an update.
Unless Gaia wants to sell backwings for 999 diamonds 999 hearts 999 stars or something.
But that'd be a HUGE ******** smack in the face to people who literally spent so much time getting the fish and ink and failing over and over in attempt to get the damn wings.

Diamond Lover

20,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Millionaire 200
Alchemy will always be my one and only true love on this site.
It is what made me want to come on every day. But now I can't even afford to finish the wings I started prior to this mass inflation. So I have three formulas just locked on my account with nothing I can do. I pretty much wander the site now.... trying to make my place somewhere but Alchemy was my place on this site.

I'd honestly like to see the focus get put on Alchemy again and making it more do-able.
So many people loved Alchemy when it came out.

And the only reason anyone gives any attention to Gofusion is like the horns.
Other than that I don't see anyone really paying attention to it.
sweatdrop

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
One thing I don't want to see go into GoFusion, should Alchemy be retired in favor of it, are my backwings. I do not want to see my alchemized wings be craftable there for 999/999/999. It's a HUGE smack in my face (as well as all the alchemists that make their wings) because I spent 8~ish months on my quest and I'm sure others have spent even longer.

I'm all for components to be crafted via GoFusion (like other items that need to be destroyed in other formulas) but not the wings themselves.

I support bugs being craftable or even tradeable like fish, but not fish because it'd be a smack to fisherman who work hard fishing. Bugs in towns are almost mythical in rarity and the only way to get them is by Flynn's Plunder or waiting months for one to appear.

I also would like for my achievements via alchemy to be retired and unobtainable. It isn't fair to us who got them via alchemy (time, energy, gold) only for others to get it simply by purchasing charms. It's not a challenge. The achievements are what we strive to get, the wings are the ultimate goal for a lot of us and those achievements are something we are proud of.

Everyone benefits from alchemy whether they see it or not. Crumpled newspaper, fish, bugs, inks... those are all used for alchemy. Some people only make gold with those items alone and taking alchemy away would really lose out on profit and to make a living here.

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250

Even aquariums is tied in to alchemy with Enki's catch.

As long as we are given every opportunity to finish our current quests I'll be content.

ElectricTerra's Senpai

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Loveparody
One thing I don't want to see go into GoFusion, should Alchemy be retired in favor of it, are my backwings. I do not want to see my alchemized wings be craftable there for 999/999/999. It's a HUGE smack in my face (as well as all the alchemists that make their wings) because I spent 8~ish months on my quest and I'm sure others have spent even longer.

I'm all for components to be crafted via GoFusion (like other items that need to be destroyed in other formulas) but not the wings themselves.

I support bugs being craftable or even tradeable like fish, but not fish because it'd be a smack to fisherman who work hard fishing. Bugs in towns are almost mythical in rarity and the only way to get them is by Flynn's Plunder or waiting months for one to appear.

I also would like for my achievements via alchemy to be retired and unobtainable. It isn't fair to us who got them via alchemy (time, energy, gold) only for others to get it simply by purchasing charms. It's not a challenge. The achievements are what we strive to get, the wings are the ultimate goal for a lot of us and those achievements are something we are proud of.

Everyone benefits from alchemy whether they see it or not. Crumpled newspaper, fish, bugs, inks... those are all used for alchemy. Some people only make gold with those items alone and taking alchemy away would really lose out on profit and to make a living here.

User Image I have mixed feelings about the wings, myself. I've been working on my first pair of wings for more than a year, currently just plugging away at ink and fish, and hoping to get lucky on those monarchs. I would be really, really upset if they shut down Alchemy and didn't provide a way for me to finish these wings. But on the other hand, I can see where I would also probably not want to see the full 3-pose "Alchemized" backwings to be crafted in GF. :/

Alchemy achievements definitely need to be kept exclusive to Alchemy. I do hope to get at least one of the wing achievements (would like to someday craft them all if I can) and would not want non-Alchemists to be eligible for those via other means. Especially since now with all the cheap backwings to choose from the achievement is the main reason for alchemizing them.

I would like to see them introduce the rare bugs, extinct components, and possibly some of the rare formulas as GF craftables but not any more of the Alchemy items themselves.

Do you mind if I quote some of your post in my OP here and in my petition?
User Image

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Daffodil the Destroyer
Loveparody

User Image I have mixed feelings about the wings, myself. I've been working on my first pair of wings for more than a year, currently just plugging away at ink and fish, and hoping to get lucky on those monarchs. I would be really, really upset if they shut down Alchemy and didn't provide a way for me to finish these wings. But on the other hand, I can see where I would also probably not want to see the full 3-pose "Alchemized" backwings to be crafted in GF. :/

Alchemy achievements definitely need to be kept exclusive to Alchemy. I do hope to get at least one of the wing achievements (would like to someday craft them all if I can) and would not want non-Alchemists to be eligible for those via other means. Especially since now with all the cheap backwings to choose from the achievement is the main reason for alchemizing them.

I would like to see them introduce the rare bugs, extinct components, and possibly some of the rare formulas as GF craftables but not any more of the Alchemy items themselves.

User Image

gaia_nitemareleft gaia_diamond gaia_nitemareright

I don't mind. 3nodding

If they do shut down alchemy, I really do hope they will leave it up for you to finish your wings.
They can just keep it how it is now... it's not really hurting any of the site by being there.
I may never be able to craft anymore seeing as how rare the formulas are...
Hell I can't even find a NSFW alchemy formula. I've been crafting chests and it's just a no go.
Shameful because I have everything it needs to be crafted. ;~;

Winged Kitten

24,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
Dear Gaia,
Please do not deprecate Alchemy.

It is a beautiful system.

Thanks.

ElectricTerra's Senpai

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Loveparody
Daffodil the Destroyer
Loveparody

User Image

gaia_nitemareleft gaia_diamond gaia_nitemareright

I don't mind. 3nodding

If they do shut down alchemy, I really do hope they will leave it up for you to finish your wings.
They can just keep it how it is now... it's not really hurting any of the site by being there.
I may never be able to craft anymore seeing as how rare the formulas are...
Hell I can't even find a NSFW alchemy formula. I've been crafting chests and it's just a no go.
Shameful because I have everything it needs to be crafted. ;~;

User Image Thanks! :3

Ugh, that sucks! I'm pretty sure that is what will happen to me once I finish this pair of wings and start looking for the formulas to begin the others. I think it would be nice if they added those really rare formulas to GoFusion (with a high charm requirement, of course) so we can craft them.

I was kind of against GF in the beginning, before they added free ways to obtain charms, because I didn't like the idea of a crafting system that required the use of cash and had nothing to do with the rest of the site. But I would like it a whole lot better if it were used as an aid to Alchemy rather than a replacement.
User Image

Skilled Alchemist

45,825 Points
  • Fusion Expert 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Bumping this back up

Saitoh Souji's Husbando

Shadow Wolf

48,425 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • OTP 200
I just posted in another thread that mentioned your petition.
Your idea is a perfect compromise linking the two crafting systems.
And being able to make components needed in Alchemy that are
basically unavailable would be so great.
I still want to use Alchemy, I thought it was a great idea when it was
implemented, and then they abandoned it rather than working on
making it totally balanced and usable.
This could change that, I hope they are noting we don't want it gone.

11,925 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Champion 300
The day Gaia drops alchemy will be the day that I leave Gaia.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff