Welcome to Gaia! ::

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Himemiya Neko

Yes its optional already, and if the OP cares so much then why not let them hide it where they can not have to see or think about it and can go on making a thread. If they still care after hiding it , that’s their problem and they have the option to leave it on. They can’t have it both ways.

And again this is something that would appeal to both parties. Your way only appeals to one which is kind of unfair. People who like the voting system should not have to lose their option to vote because the OP cannot handle voting.

Wolfenspyre's Waifu

Demonic Vampire

Valheita
And if they expose themselves to something that upsets them, even given the option to ignore it, this is a problem?

Frankly, I prefer the OPs idea. A way to sweep it under the rug for the sensitive, without impacting the forum "experience" for the rest of us.

User Image

I hardly see how making it optional would impact anyone.
It is a voting system, that is all.
And if someone does not want to have it there at all, instead of merely hiding it,
they should have that option, I think.

User Image

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Himemiya Neko
Valheita
And if they expose themselves to something that upsets them, even given the option to ignore it, this is a problem?

Frankly, I prefer the OPs idea. A way to sweep it under the rug for the sensitive, without impacting the forum "experience" for the rest of us.

User Image

And if someone does not want to have it there at all, instead of merely hiding it,

User Image

it impacts those who like to vote because it would take away their ability to express their opinon on the thread. My way gives a compromise for both ways that allows the sensitive to not see it and doesn’t cater to one side of the voting argument people

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Himemiya Neko
Valheita

User Image

User Image
Just because it's not a part of your particular forum experience, doesn't mean it's not widely used by others - and wouldn't be missed by them.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one however. I simply don't see why one users insecurities should change the way others use the site.

Wolfenspyre's Waifu

Demonic Vampire

Valheita
Just because it's not a part of your particular forum experience, doesn't mean it's not widely used by others - and wouldn't be missed by them.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one however. I simply don't see why one users insecurities should change the way others use the site.

User Image

I don't use it, nor care about it, either.
Voting is an option I have never bothered using at all.

But yes, we will have to agree to disagree.
As far as my opinion goes, optional means not using/having the feature at all.
I see this as hiding the feature, which contradicts the whole point of it.
Most people will know the feature is still available, whilst hiding it.
I think that would annoy some, either way.

User Image

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Himemiya Neko
Valheita

User Image

I don't use it, nor care about it, either.
Voting is an option I have never bothered using at all.

But yes, we will have to agree to disagree.
As far as my opinion goes, optional means not using/having the feature at all.
I see this as hiding the feature, which contradicts the whole point of it.
Most people will know the feature is still available, whilst hiding it.
I think that would annoy some, either way.

User Image
As a long time user of Adblock Plus to get rid of unwanted site features, I think you'd be surprised how easy it is for the human mind to forget about things.

Just wanted to say that, since you seem to think that hiding is a second-rate option, whereas I've found that it is just about perfect in pretty much every situation I've encountered.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Keeping this alive for further feedback

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Sounds good to me.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
glad you like the idea..

keeping this alive in case anyone has further feedback
Would we just get a dev alert if it were implemented, perhaps into the labs?

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Idia
Would we just get a dev alert if it were implemented, perhaps into the labs?

Hopefully, they would give us a dev alert if Gaia implements this feature . Also, It wouldn’t that terrible they could start it in the labs as a feature and perhaps move it into the settings later . But i’d perfer it just be added to the settings.
I still see the voting system getting abused.
What is we were given an amount of times we can vote? Such as, 15 threads we can down/up vote, give or take.
That way, I think the amount we can vote on is still quite decent, but people would not abuse how many they can vote on as much.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Apocalyptikos
What is we were given an amount of times we can vote? Such as, 15 threads we can down/up vote, give or take.
That way, I think the amount we can vote on is still quite decent, but people would not abuse how many they can vote on as much.

That seems unfair , people shouldn’t be limited to how many times that they can vote. Its only a small amount abusing the system,why punish everyone for what a few are doing?

Assimilated Wolf

Tsuki_Kirkland
Apocalyptikos

That seems unfair , people shouldn’t be limited to how many times that they can vote. Its only a small amount abusing the system,why punish everyone for what a few are doing?

That and the idea that people wouldn't abuse with a limited amount of votes is pretty naive.
Gundamu
Tsuki_Kirkland
Apocalyptikos

That and the idea that people wouldn't abuse with a limited amount of votes is pretty naive.

I said as much.
I am not naive enough to think it would stop entirely.
But when you're given an amount, it would cause some people to not abuse the system as much.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff