Welcome to Gaia! ::

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
There has long been a debate about the voting system as there are users who are bothered by the system and want it changed while others see no problem with it. I would like to suggest something that may satisfy both sides and hopefully end the debate, and all it would require is a button that can be checked or unchecked on a users account settings.

This button would hide the entire voting system from users , including the option to vote and the tally of votes and how many like and dislike the thread. That way, if a user is bothered by votes they can choose to hide it and not have to see their thread being up or downvoted

This would only apply to the individual user, not al l users

Also, there would be a small charge on this , but it would have two free charges in order to keep this feature from being abused.

Consider my suggestion please gaia.

Nimble Explorer

I'm all for this. I like the voting system, but I'm sick of people whining about it.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Lady Aeducan
I'm all for this. I like the voting system, but I'm sick of people whining about it.

I feel it might be a good compromise for those who are having a problem with the system and want something done about it.

Tipsy Exhibitionist

Sure, whatever. We let people hide pretty much everything else, and this way would still allow people to vote if they wanted, so noody is losing anything.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Mortok
Sure, whatever. We let people hide pretty much everything else, and this way would still allow people to vote if they wanted, so noody is losing anything.

Exactly, those who want to vote will vote and those who don’t won’t be able to.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Those who use Adblock and related internet technologies can already leverage the ability to hide the results.

gaiaonline.com##div#thread_like

For example.

As for your idea, I guess if it resolves the problems it's a good solution. I wouldn't really say it's necessary though.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

Sounds like an interesting way to pay for a feature.
I assume the charge is to turn on, then charge to turn viewing said vote off, then if you decide you can deal with seeing votes or want to see votes, charge again....

I like this. Maybe a flat rate, like genderbender potions.

Barton Pirate

17,500 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Once again, I'll say I think that's a pretty good compromise, but...I'm a little confused why you didn't just bump up your other recent thread on this same matter.

Assimilated Wolf

Still agree with this. What happened to the other thread?

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Slick Southpaw
Sounds like an interesting way to pay for a feature.
I assume the charge is to turn on, then charge to turn viewing said vote off, then if you decide you can deal with seeing votes or want to see votes, charge again....

I like this. Maybe a flat rate, like genderbender potions.

A flate rate would be a good idea, something that’s not too easy to earn but still obtainable

@Gundamu: it died.. wasn’t sure if I could bump it up since its been a while since the last post was made.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Tsuki_Kirkland
@Gundamu: it died.. wasn’t sure if I could bump it up since its been a while since the last post was made.
I think its necroing if its been months/years since the last post, AND that the topic has been resolved in some way or another.

Plus you cant really necro anymore, hasnt Gaia decided to lock all threads over a few months old?

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
dreamsk
Tsuki_Kirkland
I think its necroing if its been months/years since the last post, AND that the topic has been resolved in some way or another.

ah well .. its too late now .. but now I know so thank you

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Tsuki_Kirkland
dreamsk
Tsuki_Kirkland

ah well .. its too late now .. but now I know so thank you
I can agree with your idea as it is now, even though you could have just edited the OP. lol

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Personally, I don't see why people can't learn to just stop caring. This isn't going to stop muletrolls from mass-downvoting it, nor stop the people who have the voting enabled from seeing the mass downvote.

Eloquent Lunatic

Sonic Offline
Personally, I don't see why people can't learn to just stop caring. This isn't going to stop muletrolls from mass-downvoting it, nor stop the people who have the voting enabled from seeing the mass downvote.

.... but it will stop the people who have it disabled from seeing that s**t. Which some people want. It's kind of a win win.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff