Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magic Warrior

Sand Dancer Shaka
I can understand your frustration.... but I don't agree that it's laziness. Some items aren't made/meant to be cut with scissor items. It's really up to the discretion of the artists. Since not everyone has the scissors it's not an essential feature of an item.

I can agree with a request that it does work with the item, but not that it be necessarily mandatory.

Well, personally, I don't really believe it's laziness, really, just a mistake or an inattention.
All short haircuts (I've had so far) always were compatible with the Summer haircuts, with fun results. Agape is another story, it' special.
But the summer haircuts always work on everything which is why I regretted they wouldn't work on this haircut.
I kind of just assumed they were bound to work on every hairstyle that way, so I do realize that the artists aren't really to blame if they rather didn't want the haircut to be compatible with these hair mods.

I also learned today that complex hairstyles that work with these mods take a lot of layers, so I can understand why the mods won't work on this one.
I just hope the request can still be taken into consideration. owo

(BTW, most lovely picture of our almighty Tanuki leader you got there. Makes me swell up with pride. QwQ)

Magic Warrior

dreamsk
Samanthai
dreamsk
Samanthai
dreamsk
Hair is probably the most difficult pose to make since it has so many layers. sweatdrop I cant remember the exact number, but an artist said there were 60(?) layers to each hair. Most other poses only have one or two.

Whoa!
Well, that would explain why maybe the artist didn't remember to think of the hair mods. o.o
It's regrettable, but understandable.

I do thank you for that tidbit of info.
Now terrible recolors with colors that look like s**t mint green - those I'll give the artists a hard time about.

I as well do feel that each recolor should maintain the same standards as the original item, so I do get why a lot of people are more annoyed at those than at new items with a problem.

It's only normal to expect the same high quality.
I'm more annoyed that there are not any vivid/rich forest green items. emotion_drool It's my favorite color.

But it's possible an artist will stumble in and fix this wig for you. SF isn't so devoid of miracles every now and again. wink

I can only hope, but I am already super happy that we got this particular hairstyle. owo
Not so long ago, I did start up a tread where I requested more curly hairstyles, and I literally cried when I saw this item. XD

And it is nice to see they listen, because I have been seeing more attempts at green in items, that aren't this soft minty color. <3
So there's that!

Special Snowflake

Samanthai

Well, personally, I don't really believe it's laziness, really, just a mistake or an inattention.
All short haircuts (I've had so far) always were compatible with the Summer haircuts, with fun results. Agape is another story, it' special.
But the summer haircuts always work on everything which is why I regretted they wouldn't work on this haircut.
I kind of just assumed they were bound to work on every hairstyle that way, so I do realize that the artists aren't really to blame if they rather didn't want the haircut to be compatible with these hair mods.

I also learned today that complex hairstyles that work with these mods take a lot of layers, so I can understand why the mods won't work on this one.

(BTW, most lovely picture of our almighty Tanuki leader you got there. Makes me swell up with pride. QwQ)

It's always nice when the scissors/ pins do work on hairstyles so I know how you feel when it doesn't work. Yeah, from what I understand of it, because it works by clipping specific layers the artists more likely than not have to do it specifically for the scissors ... It's difficult - so I'm neither way on the subject to be honest. It's nice when it works though.

Thanking you very much, I want him to win so much! XD

Diamond Rabbit

idea

thank you OP for asking politely!

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
I have a lot of hair that can't be cut. :<

Too many items on gaia, so they probably just left out a lot on accident.

Tipsy Smoker

Isn't the hair awesome though? User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Magic Warrior

Sand Dancer Shaka
Samanthai

It's always nice when the scissors/ pins do work on hairstyles so I know how you feel when it doesn't work. Yeah, from what I understand of it, because it works by clipping specific layers the artists more likely than not have to do it specifically for the scissors ... It's difficult - so I'm neither way on the subject to be honest. It's nice when it works though.

Thanking you very much, I want him to win so much! XD

Oh, your comment gave me an idea, I hadn't tried the sketchbook pins yet!
But even if they don't work, that hair is still very nice to use. owo

Thank you for that suggestion! <3

Magic Warrior

bara-chan
idea

thank you OP for asking politely!

The pleasure is mine, I wouldn't like to ask it any other way. <3

Magic Warrior

its a curse
I have a lot of hair that can't be cut. :<

Too many items on gaia, so they probably just left out a lot on accident.

That is too bad, I usually only have the issue with very short haircuts. o.o
But I do assume they don't do it on purpose, why would they, really. XD

Magic Warrior

Chahklet
Isn't the hair awesome though? User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It is absolutely GLORIOUS, that's what it is! <3

Magic Warrior

Big thank you again! o /

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out