Welcome to Gaia! ::

Excuses, excuses. NO ONE smokes because they think it's "cool" because they saw cigarettes on a website. Period. You know every goddamn thing the schools have taught you about smokers and why they smoke? Unlearn it, because it's lies.
I don't think smoking on gaia is bad, only in real life.
cant think though... anyways.. im a new person here, can someon donate money or items to me, im jus soo poor....
Longer post short: The cig does make my avatar look cooler. To me, anyway. It fills up that space on my face. And since I don't think the pink Face Veil would look good on this avatar, the cig stays.

There are a lot of "questionable" clothing items here on Gaia with "questionable" descriptions, along with a lot of "questionable" sigs that do follow the rules, and "questionable" posts that also follow the rules. But, since they're only "questionable", and they are, in fact, PG-13: They will stay.

To be honest: I don't smoke. And just because my little pixelated avatar is smoking a cigarette doesn't mean I'm going to go out and buy a pack. If someone buys a pack of cigarettes because they saw a pixelated chibi with one on this site, then, honestly, I think they need a swift kick in the a**. Of smoke. Made by them. From their mouth. With a cigarette. Which they bought. From a store.

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
[ . Pudding Nazi . ]
Razumi Yazura
People have already bought these items, therefore the items cannot just be removed. People would just stop changing their avatar if these disappear.

Also, seeing it here makes no difference whereas it is more common to see this IRL and other things around children, which is worse.

Why complain about items here? If these were removed, others would most likely want other items removed, therefore starting an endless chain of "This item is wrong and I think it should be removed." No. Not good.
Yeah you got a point there I mean if so then I bet there would even be christians on this site then wanting the horns of the demon gone, or something like that.
I'm Catholic and those items don't bother me. xd It's rather silly to complain about items like that. It's alright to have. Not like another pretending to be real demons and such.
Kai Hyugiha
As someone who hates smoking I can understand. The even the sight of the pixelated one makes me cringe.

Same here.
Razumi Yazura
People have already bought these items, therefore the items cannot just be removed. People would just stop changing their avatar if these disappear.

Also, seeing it here makes no difference whereas it is more common to see this IRL and other things around children, which is worse.

Why complain about items here? If these were removed, others would most likely want other items removed, therefore starting an endless chain of "This item is wrong and I think it should be removed." No. Not good.
Yeah you got a point there I mean if so then I bet there would even be christians on this site then wanting the horns of the demon gone, or something like that.

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500

Eloquent Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
TRex-kun
Silent Foxfire
I don't think that having the Cigs and Smokers on Gaia is bad. Though this site has alot of young people on it, it is not totally orientated towards young people. There are people who are 17, 18, even 19 or older on this site. Making the site less smoker friendly will not make kids stop smoking.

True enough. But since Gaia CLAIMS to be PG13, I also believe they should not have the smoking items.

We have revealing bikinis and underwear for both male and female avatars and you think cigarettes aren't PG-13?

don't buy them. Its quite simpe neutral
does anyone actually dress like their gaia avitars? not that ive ever heard of, sure cigarettes are like, really bad for you in real life, but if you ask me, the only reason youd want to equip a cig or smoker in gaia is if you already smoke, or think it looks cool, i dont think that anyone would start smoking because of a pixelated smoking item.
Silent Foxfire
I don't think that having the Cigs and Smokers on Gaia is bad. Though this site has alot of young people on it, it is not totally orientated towards young people. There are people who are 17, 18, even 19 or older on this site. Making the site less smoker friendly will not make kids stop smoking.

True enough. But since Gaia CLAIMS to be PG13, I also believe they should not have the smoking items.
Waz
[ . Pudding Nazi . ]
Well then what are we gonna do about people with cigs already then I mean it's not like Lanzer can just take cigs ,and all those related items out of our inventory without us being pissed.Besides I agree about this ,and all ,but I don't quit well think it would be great to delete them I think it would just be good to have probably a warning or something in the item description. I don't know. confused

And if they DID try, I'd throw a fit, and demand compensation.

It's different if they discontinue it - then the item becomes rare, and valuable. I don't really care if this sounds greedy, but I PAID for my smoker, and I'd be angry if I just lost that gold.
Yeah. I even have a pipe ,and cig. I don't wanna lose them. If they become rare hell I'm fine with that ,but if they delete the item I know Lanzer will get alot more enemies. 3nodding

Festive Celebrator

Silver Archangel
I don't see any reason why it would be removed anyway. The cigarette, smoker and Long drag are not lit, they are simply accessories. Our avatars are not smoking, the admins are not promoting such an action with simple accessories.

Hey, personally I don't really care... I also went through that phase when I thought smoking was cool... All I got was stinky clothes and sorethroat.

But, I want to ask you something, this is an actual suggestion, some people want Gaia to have furry handcuffs. Now... my stance was that "Such items have no place in a PG13 site." Supporters replied along these lines: "But we could use them to tie in furry demons, because they're furry... so... [/innocentlashflutteringhere]."

So... if unlit cigs do not necessarily relate to smoking, would furry handcuffs not relate to whatever they relate to? [/prudeness here]
Ayrissa
I would like to see the removal of the smokers, cigarettes, and other like items. The reason I say this, is more and more people are putting these things on their avatars with the belief that these items make their avatars look "cool". This site is full of young people who are incredibly impressionable. In a society where smoking is NOT COOL, I don't think that Gaia should be promoting smoking in that way.

I agree, smoking is wrong 3nodding
What about Aladdin? The Genie smoked in there and did it start kids smoking? NO. Pixilated cartoon cigs and pipes are not going to make people start smoking unless they are complete and utter morons. What about the signs in front of 7 Eleven? They advertise cigarrettes. What about all the other magazines and movies that have smoking or advertise it? Does that mean you're going to write to all of those places and people to say "Please don't post flyers etc because little kids would get the wrong idea." Come on. If a little kid's movie has smoking in it and not get in trouble then why should Gaia? Parents, teachers, friends of the family, and older siblings (the ones that aren't idiots that smoke) all tell the kids not to. So in conclusion it's a picture. Deal with it. [/rant]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff