Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hot Lop

Ozzy the Dreamer
Captain Silas Manner
If users wouldn't hold Gaia staff to that list like it's written in stone,
maybe this would be a wonderful benefit. I feel bad that there are multiple threads under the same kind of subject always competing for the front page over and over, wondering if one day they will achieve their purpose. At least with a list like this we know that users and staff definitely are on the same page, literally xD

That makes me wonder how much a difference it would make if the forum's topics were all about the same thing. I mean literally every single one. We've gotten close to that sure, but not to that level owo

Would that be an 'alright already, geez!' moment for the staff? Orrr just another day :F

Hmm, I do wonder. That would be a historic day for SF fo' sho! We are spoiled with the level of communication we have with the staff as it is, so who knows what a full page of the same topic would do xD

I think even with the initial flipouts over Alchemy there was still the usual 'Recolor/Make this item' and 'More guy items plox' threads that have been floating around here.
LOVE AND HATE AND SITE FEEDBACK

LEGAL BUMP

*breakdance* dramallama

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
My only concern with this would be two years down the line... the last developer post/update would be a year old. It'd have steam for a year, but then fizzle out as other things become more important or as developers get shifted around. It's a good idea... but like every thing else on this site (except dev/staff notices, they've done pretty good so far), it'll be pushed off as unimportant and be long forgotten and we'll have this list of things that are a possibility that either have been done or have been tossed and chaos would ensue...
Rya Dracosin
My only concern with this would be two years down the line... the last developer post/update would be a year old. It'd have steam for a year, but then fizzle out as other things become more important or as developers get shifted around. It's a good idea... but like every thing else on this site (except dev/staff notices, they've done pretty good so far), it'll be pushed off as unimportant and be long forgotten and we'll have this list of things that are a possibility that either have been done or have been tossed and chaos would ensue...

Yeah, it's pretty easy to assume the worst possible scenario isn't it? We must be used to disappointment on this site. Like I'm sure the staff are used to being disappointed in us -w-'

I just figure it's worth a try, you know? I mean, how many years have we just pushed ideas to the front page, signed petitions, and never known what's going on in the team's heads about the things we throw out there?

Very rarely we see someone pop in, and the monthly update videos are really nice. I just think a little more communication would be nice to have. So idea flingers like me can give it a rest.

LOL. Ya hear that, Gaia staff? Want me to shut up? There's one way xD

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Ozzy the Dreamer
Rya Dracosin

Yeah, it's pretty easy to assume the worst possible scenario isn't it? We must be used to disappointment on this site. Like I'm sure the staff are used to being disappointed in us -w-'

I just figure it's worth a try, you know? I mean, how many years have we just pushed ideas to the front page, signed petitions, and never known what's going on in the team's heads about the things we throw out there?

Very rarely we see someone pop in, and the monthly update videos are really nice. I just think a little more communication would be nice to have. So idea flingers like me can give it a rest.

LOL. Ya hear that, Gaia staff? Want me to shut up? There's one way xD

They could stick it in a post in the dev notices. Or include their thoughts on suggestions and ideas in the monthly update. or something

Festive Celebrator

Perhaps this was said before but your idea sounds like VOs old "Item suggestion thread"... wait, was it VO's?
Now that I think of it, there were 2 stickies. One in which people posted their suggestions and another in which those suggestions were "digested" (categorized, ect.), if memory serves right.

During that time, it was ok to make threads suggesting things already mentioned in the sticky, just because it gave people the chance to elaborate or give a new perspective on an "old" idea.

The thing with that kind of thread, though, is that it needs constant maintenance. Usually the organizing sticky had an index in the first pages where people could see the big list of ideas/items/suggestions categorized. Someone needs to be there reading constabtly through all the pages and updating the main one. It sounds like fun but after a while it gets very tiresome. ><

Back then I think they had "In the works" and "Not happening" kind of categories. It is very interesting to note that many things on the "impossible" list did happen over time. (Such as girls getting bigger bosoms, which is now possible with certain items.)
Ninina

VO's thread I have noticed, but found kind of redundant when most users just make a thread of their own talking about the suggestions (features also, not just items, like VO's thread). Not to mention his thread is from 2003 (when the site started) and doesn't have any 'updated in 2013' details or lists about it. So it's like... where do we post our ideas? Here or there? Which do you pay more attention to, staff? xD

I found that thread you were talking about and HOLY CRAP it's almost exactly what I'm talking about... and it's just as old as VO's thread... and it's in the Recycling Bin... o o' Assuming the reason it's there IS such, that's clear evidence of how high-maintenance a thread like that could be.

But if you look at the things on the list there, we have most of those things now. Now nobody pushes for those things (unless they're pushing for moar). If they made a new sticky, but make it more strict and up to the standards they're used to being a nearly 10-year-old site now, I'd like to think it would be less maintenance than back then.

I mean we only want a few things now it seems. Recolors and more masculine items from what I've seen. There definitely are more, yes, but not nearly as many as when the site was new. owo

Also, it wouldn't be a thread users could post ideas in and force the staff to go digging through like they did in that one. I think all suggestions should be threads in the forum itself, while a list like this would be a Sticky you can only read; not post in. 3nodding

What we have now is two options:
a.) Continue gathering signatures and fighting over the front page; never really knowing whether or not our ideas are getting any attention by the Gaia staff, and only being surprised if they end up doing something that we asked for (and everything else, you just have to keep signing and and fighting for that first page).

b.) Have a list to let us know we can stop; they've acknowledged we like it, they see it has potential, and it isn't too much that it could hurt them if something went wrong. Or even just a 'what not to suggest because we're busy or that simply can't happen' list.

Legal bumping at the sky until it rains, or having a forecast that says there's at least a chance of raining.

(Sorry that ended up being so long >w< )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff