Welcome to Gaia! ::

Relentless Glitch

Ozzy the Dreamer
Dalia Royce
Ironically, putting ideas in a sticky seems to be the best way to get them overlooked and forgotten.

I know, right? I think it's part of the impatience that comes from when you need to accept the terms of a program installation. No-one wants to read; they just want to get to the good stuff.

But the best way for a sticky to get attention is always if it benefits you as a user in the end. That's why people frequent codemonkey's Towns 2.0 thread or Stein's item glitch report. The beautiful thing is posting things for yourself is actually helping everyone else anyway; since we all have access to these features and items :{3~

For people who frequent Site Feedback a lot, I'd like to think this would be one of the popular stickies people actually pay attention to. Let them be able to confirm whether their ideas have been at least considered or not.
Lol. I actually had to do a double-take. I've completely forgotten about that sticky you mentioned.

GobSlobTsu's Husband

Eerie Bunny

10,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I full agree with the suggestion, with the exception that there must be a mandatory youtube link in the thread to the song Relax, Don't Do It.
RELAX. DON'T BUMP IT. WHEN IT FALLS OFF THE FRONT PAGE.

Oh, wait...
dramallama

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
This is definitely a good idea. It would be nice to have a place to consolidate ideas
Darth Acheron
This is definitely a good idea. It would be nice to have a place to consolidate ideas

Glad you think so. I think I think so too. owo

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Even if staff said explicitly that there were no guarentees on those ideas, people will still expect them to do it. Not too sure how to avoid that.

And also, a lot of those threads are for specific items. The most items come out each month through RIGs. Which means the list could possibly spoil a future RIG if the GCD stalks the thread. Because I know those guys are smart.

But I really like the idea. I might like it more if it was a google excel sheet that was posted such as with the forum changes sheet. And then I can only hope Gaia maintains the list.
dreamsk
Even if staff said explicitly that there were no guarentees on those ideas, people will still expect them to do it. Not too sure how to avoid that.

And also, a lot of those threads are for specific items. The most items come out each month through RIGs. Which means the list could possibly spoil a future RIG if the GCD stalks the thread. Because I know those guys are smart.

But I really like the idea. I might like it more if it was a google excel sheet that was posted such as with the forum changes sheet. And then I can only hope Gaia maintains the list.

I'm glad you like the idea pirate

You raise an interesting point about the possibility of this spoiling future items and such. I wonder what would feel better though: Knowing your idea has been acknowledged and they see its potential (so you can stop pushing for them to notice it), or being surprised they released something you wanted.

Both are very nice feelings I imagine! :{D~

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
Ozzy the Dreamer
dreamsk

I'm glad you like the idea pirate

You raise an interesting point about the possibility of this spoiling future items and such. I wonder what would feel better though: Knowing your idea has been acknowledged and they see its potential (so you can stop pushing for them to notice it), or being surprised they released something you wanted.

Both are very nice feelings I imagine! :{D~
Like someone suggested having a staffer view count on the thread. Maybe instead it could be just a little green checkmark or something, so it doesn't look so important but conveys the same message? Though in the SF, staff actually do look a lot at the threads. For petitions, I kind of imagine it as a chicken house. lol
dreamsk
Like someone suggested having a staffer view count on the thread. Maybe instead it could be just a little green checkmark or something, so it doesn't look so important but conveys the same message? Though in the SF, staff actually do look a lot at the threads. For petitions, I kind of imagine it as a chicken house. lol

That was me, actually >w<

I like your idea of just a simple checkmark. But I imagine the folks in that thread would just say 'everyone would just clamor for having that checkmark and then brag about it, blah blah...' I can never win on here sometimes xD

Site Feedback rocks, man. I love it when any business values what the people think. I feel so sorry for the petition folks, though. They have so much hope for their ideas despite not getting noticed. I can relate to that TwT

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
Ozzy the Dreamer
dreamsk

That was me, actually >w<

I like your idea of just a simple checkmark. But I imagine the folks in that thread would just say 'everyone would just clamor for having that checkmark and then brag about it, blah blah...' I can never win on here sometimes xD

Site Feedback rocks, man. I love it when any business values what the people think. I feel so sorry for the petition folks, though. They have so much hope for their ideas despite not getting noticed. I can relate to that TwT
lol Well you should be more honored that I remembered the idea than your name.

Yeah but it wouldn't put a value to how many staffers have seen the thread, like the other one. Theres still a few problems, but with some problem solving it can be figured out. We don't want to be creepy stalkers.

Some of those petitions would be awesome ideas, but perhaps the devs cant do them with the coding we have on the site, or the artists cant find a place to put the items. I'd feel pretty overwhelmed if I was a staffer in that forum.
I'd be like a vulture when it came to suggestions, man. If I worked at Gaia, I'd be the idea guy. Lurk the hell out of SF and jot down anything that could improve the site.

Because hell, a better site means more users. More users means more money :{D~

Hot Lop

If users wouldn't hold Gaia staff to that list like it's written in stone,
maybe this would be a wonderful benefit. I feel bad that there are multiple threads under the same kind of subject always competing for the front page over and over, wondering if one day they will achieve their purpose. At least with a list like this we know that users and staff definitely are on the same page, literally xD
Captain Silas Manner
If users wouldn't hold Gaia staff to that list like it's written in stone,
maybe this would be a wonderful benefit. I feel bad that there are multiple threads under the same kind of subject always competing for the front page over and over, wondering if one day they will achieve their purpose. At least with a list like this we know that users and staff definitely are on the same page, literally xD

That makes me wonder how much a difference it would make if the forum's topics were all about the same thing. I mean literally every single one. We've gotten close to that sure, but not to that level owo

Would that be an 'alright already, geez!' moment for the staff? Orrr just another day :F

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff