Welcome to Gaia! ::

OtakuJeannie
Plans change and too many people would assume things on that list are promises, it'd be too much hassle for the staff and not enough benifit to instate.

I'm not saying the sticky would be 'This is a guaranteed thing you WILL have this, as you requested' list, but more of a 'We've acknowledged you want this and we agree it's got potential.'

It's just a nice thing to see, you know? Visual proof that there is a 'bounce back' when we bounce ideas to the team. ^ ^

The ones that are the best of the best, mind you. If they listed every suggestion anybody posted, yes. THAT would be a hassle xD

Perfect Saint

It seems to be a good idea, but sometimes even the best and most secure plans can come crashing down. Take zOMG for example. Lots of plans...now busted. It might be better for Gaia to have an exit strategy when things fall through.
Myrielle
It seems to be a good idea, but sometimes even the best and most secure plans can come crashing down. Take zOMG for example. Lots of plans...now busted. It might be better for Gaia to have an exit strategy when things fall through.

Exit strategies are smart to have. 3nodding

It's good to note that not every suggestion in Site Feedback is asking for something as big a project as zOMG! was.

Similar to my point to Jeannie's, the happy medium for a sticky like this would be 'we know you like it, we think it has potential, and it's not too big that it could hurt us if something unexpected happens.'

Wintry Dragon

The FMI sticky actually has a section for upcoming projects. Sadly, they've been there for years unrealized.

Quote:
Pet System
We have had our first peek with Gaia Aquariums! At current time, there is no complete description of this system, but it is in the works. Feel free to suggest how a pet system could work. Generic threads for or against a pet system in will be recycled if they lack details on how a system could be implemented.

Personals
The Personals feature was removed in 2004 but we would love to see it return. However, in discussing the possible return of the Personals, it was decided that it should be an entirely new feature, which will take time to create. Threads asking the feature be returned without suggesting possibilities of how it should work will be recycled.
A mali
The FMI sticky actually has a section for upcoming projects. Sadly, they've been there for years unrealized.

I wonder if that 2009 post still reflects the user suggestions of 2013... owo'

This also makes me wonder how many people aren't seeing what Gaia is currently working on (or that the team isn't telling us clearly enough) for the Site Feedback forum to be so active as it usually is.

If we knew the team was too full of projects and too busy to take on anything new, we'd probably just... not suggest anything in here. o o At least not until room became available...

Hard to really know without being a Gaia developer! > <' Sometimes they show they have the spare time to whip up something pretty quickly for us. Like the item update that gave us cakes. :{D~

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Ozzy the Dreamer
OtakuJeannie
Plans change and too many people would assume things on that list are promises, it'd be too much hassle for the staff and not enough benifit to instate.

I'm not saying the sticky would be 'This is a guaranteed thing you WILL have this, as you requested' list, but more of a 'We've acknowledged you want this and we agree it's got potential.'

It's just a nice thing to see, you know? Visual proof that there is a 'bounce back' when we bounce ideas to the team. ^ ^

The ones that are the best of the best, mind you. If they listed every suggestion anybody posted, yes. THAT would be a hassle xD

The thing is people WILL take it as a guaranteed thing, they have a tendancy to do so and get impatiant if things aren't delivered this second, trust me I've been a reg of the SF for years. I think it'll cause too much greif and not enough benifit for the staff really. Not to mention as Spring Cleaning showed, they aren't good at keeping anything up so it'll get out of date fast.
I'm on pretty often, and I haven't seen a thread for people whining about the 'pets' feature or the 'personals' one A mali mentioned. If anything, that's proof that people forget about the Stickys entirely xD

I can relate on the realistic feeling that people (including me and you) are horrible creatures that complain about all their first-world problems, but I'm feeling a lot more optimistic these days. I know humans are big stupid apes, BUT... I'd like to think the users are big boys and girls that can read and understand 'These are not guaranteed; we just acknowledge you like them and we agree they have potential. Please respect that and enjoy the site! <3'

Maybe I'm naive on that, but I don't think so ;3

Just like the ideas that the staff may have overlooked and never realized what good ideas were once on the first page and that could have been great-- I don't think we can predict this idea being a train wreck. At least not without a developer popping in and commenting on the matter.

Because we only know what it's like to be users on this site. Not one of them :{D~

Anxious Werewolf

I've had a petition since 2007 @.@ (link in profile)

Every so often I go in, update the signatures, and see what else I can do...if there's anything more I can add to prove to them that it's a good idea

The only reason I've kept at it is because there has never been a definite "No"...I mean s**t, someone else has the exact same petition as mine. There are TWO petitions for the same effing idea.

So I dunno...I like your idea. "Hey, we've seen your idea...now just chill..."

iMutt
I've had a petition since 2007 @.@ (link in profile)

Every so often I go in, update the signatures, and see what else I can do...if there's anything more I can add to prove to them that it's a good idea

The only reason I've kept at it is because there has never been a definite "No"...I mean s**t, someone else has the exact same petition as mine. There are TWO petitions for the same effing idea.

So I dunno...I like your idea. "Hey, we've seen your idea...now just chill..."

Precisely. That's what I've seen, and I feel for ya.

It's easy to understand why they can't send someone in to say 'no' for every single idea thread people make (here and in petitions), but for things still going since 2007? That even have more than one petition going for it? Come on. We need a break from the war for the first page, thousands of signatures, and bright and shiny images decorating our threads for just that extra attention pull. @~@

Funny how I've spent more time suggesting ideas for Gaia than just enjoying it of late. xD

I'll check out your petition :]
Edit: Signed it. <3

Anxious Werewolf

Ozzy the Dreamer

Precisely. That's what I've seen, and I feel for ya.

It's easy to understand why they can't send someone in to say 'no' for every single idea thread people make (here and in petitions), but for things still going since 2007? That even have more than one petition going for it? Come on. We need a break from the war for the first page, thousands of signatures, and bright and shiny images decorating our threads for just that extra attention pull. @~@

Funny how I've spent more time suggesting ideas for Gaia than just enjoying it of late. xD
I'll check out your petition :]

Yeah, it's just like...when do I stop ya know? Do I keep going and hope for the best?

The title I made is a tad misleading I guess but it's all I could think of at the time xD

But I figure...they have shops with hardly anything in them, and they've added and deleted shops before...so it doesn't seem like a big request imo

iMutt
Yeah, it's just like...when do I stop ya know? Do I keep going and hope for the best?

The title I made is a tad misleading I guess but it's all I could think of at the time xD

But I figure...they have shops with hardly anything in them, and they've added and deleted shops before...so it doesn't seem like a big request imo

It's cool that you've been pushing what you (and everyone that's signed your thread) believe would be a good addition to the site for the amount of time you have.

To me, pushing suggestions like we do is a lot like voting. It's mostly useless and isn't going to change a whole lot in the end... but maybe... just MAYBE... A miracle will happen and they'll look into our suggestions xD
*pole dances* Legal. dramallama
Multitasking legal bump :{U~

Relentless Glitch

Ironically, putting ideas in a sticky seems to be the best way to get them overlooked and forgotten.
Dalia Royce
Ironically, putting ideas in a sticky seems to be the best way to get them overlooked and forgotten.

I know, right? I think it's part of the impatience that comes from when you need to accept the terms of a program installation. No-one wants to read; they just want to get to the good stuff.

But the best way for a sticky to get attention is always if it benefits you as a user in the end. That's why people frequent codemonkey's Towns 2.0 thread or Stein's item glitch report. The beautiful thing is posting things for yourself is actually helping everyone else anyway; since we all have access to these features and items :{3~

For people who frequent Site Feedback a lot, I'd like to think this would be one of the popular stickies people actually pay attention to. Let them be able to confirm whether their ideas have been at least considered or not.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff