Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should there be more wigs outside of RIGS, and put into the gold stores?

Yes 0.91106719367589 91.1% [ 922 ]
No 0.088932806324111 8.9% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 1012 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 32 33 34 > >>

Man-Hungry Fairy

16,200 Points
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
I don't see the gold shop ever being as good as it once was. I understand that the CIs are what keep the site running, but it's pretty much shattered the economy on the site and it's removed the majority of the effort that was originally put into the GS. The majority of the avatars you see around the site these days are either dressed mostly or completely in CIs because there's really just no purpose for the majority of the GS items. Because of that, you're not going to see better wigs in the GS for the same reason that you won't see items that rival the majority of CIs (well, unless you have a male avatar haha).
Apollos Liar
I don't see the gold shop ever being as good as it once was. I understand that the CIs are what keep the site running, but it's pretty much shattered the economy on the site and it's removed the majority of the effort that was originally put into the GS. The majority of the avatars you see around the site these days are either dressed mostly or completely in CIs because there's really just no purpose for the majority of the GS items. Because of that, you're not going to see better wigs in the GS for the same reason that you won't see items that rival the majority of CIs (well, unless you have a male avatar haha).
while that sadly, may be the case, I just want to see more gs wigs. I know poeple are going to deck themselves out in fancy cash shop items, more often, and fine, whatever. gaia needs to keep the cs up to stay alive, and most thigns that come out the cs are fancier and people wan them more. I get that. but I think cs wigs, just the wigs, have had more than their time to shine, and have 10x's more the amount than gs wigs, which is insane. There just needs to be more balance and fair treatment, regarding wigs out the cs vs the gs, and maybe people would show a speck of interest in goes into the GS, if Gaia started listening and trying to provide more of what's popular to the community- wigs.

Man-Hungry Fairy

16,200 Points
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
  • Partygoer 500
Lalune Solair
Apollos Liar
while that sadly, may be the case, I just want to see more gs wigs. I know poeple are going to deck themselves out in fancy cash shop items, more often, and fine, whatever. gaia needs to keep the cs up to stay alive, and most thigns that come out the cs are fancier and people wan them more. I get that. but I think cs wigs, just the wigs, have had more than their time to shine, and have 10x's more the amount than gs wigs, which is insane. There just needs to be more balance and fair treatment, regarding wigs out the cs vs the gs, and maybe people would show a speck of interest in goes into the GS, if Gaia started listening and trying to provide more of what's popular to the community- wigs.
Yeah, I agree. I think it'd be nice to see more attention paid to the GS overall.

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
With CIs, most people end up buying them in the MP, sometimes pretty cheaply. (Or don't bother, because they're like, 7 mil GG.) Whereas with the GS items, you might end up buying a whole set (Headgear, Top, Bottoms, Footwear), or several different colour options.
Nova0437
With CIs, most people end up buying them in the MP, sometimes pretty cheaply. (Or don't bother, because they're like, 7 mil GG.) Whereas with the GS items, you might end up buying a whole set (Headgear, Top, Bottoms, Footwear), or several different colour options.
most CI wigs aren't cheap, and the items that they're in are usually in the millions, because people usually want the wig, not the shirt, skirt, dress, accessory, ect that comes grouped in that item. On the other hand, I've never known people to be forced to bu an entire set, with gold shop wigs, because the few gold shop wigs we have don't need sets to match them, if that's what you're implying

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
Lalune Solair
Nova0437
most CI wigs aren't cheap, and the items that they're in are usually in the millions, because people usually want the wig, not the shirt, skirt, dress, accessory, etc that comes grouped in that item. On the other hand, I've never known people to be forced to buy an entire set, with gold shop wigs, because the few gold shop wigs we have don't need sets to match them, if that's what you're implying

I was thinking of GS Items in general, and the fact that if someone wants to dress an avatar, Gaia tends to sometimes use odd shades of colours that don't match or go with much else. Therefore it's easier to buy 4 GS Items in the same set then 4 of the same CI.

I have bypassed CIs with nice wigs or tops or whatever because I didn't like anything else in the set. People sometimes wait to see how REIs evolve before buying them.

CIs differ from GS Items, because they usually have multiple poses or evolutions. Hence, more expensive/you get what you pay for. Why is there then considered to be a huge gap in quality between Cash and Gold Items, when we have a shop like Dernier Cri?

Gaia has released wig only CIs before (the Spacefleet sets, Courtly Coiffure). The most expensive REI right now is Sainte Ciel: Agape, which allows you to cut your hair. The Porridge and Lunarian sets have recoloured Alchemy items that are just the hair. They obviously know there's a market for wigs. They just prefer to focus on the Cash Shop/Alchemy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff