Welcome to Gaia! ::

I see many asking to talk to the CEO, and while directly addressing the community might not be his job, I bet he would if you monetized it and charged $100 GC per person for 5 minutes of his time in a private Ask the CEO Skype chat

Loyal Prophet

17,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Object of Affection 150
Imagine how many angry users would actually drop that much money in order to get 5 minutes to chew him out.
Q2k
Imagine how many angry users would actually drop that much money in order to get 5 minutes to chew him out.
are you implying that he doesn't deserve a bit of heat from us who are genuinely concerned about the direction and longerivity of the site? As acEO he should know the users who are his customers

Loyal Prophet

17,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
Lalune Solair
Q2k
are you implying that he doesn't deserve a bit of heat from us who are genuinely concerned about the direction and longerivity of the site? As acEO he should know the users who are his customers
No not at all. He'd definitely have it coming.

I'd just be thoroughly impressed at the reality of people giving him large sums of money to do so.
Q2k
Lalune Solair
Q2k

I'd just be thoroughly impressed at the reality of people giving him large sums of money to do so.
in reality, it's a more realistic concept than people paying $50-$1000 for pixels they don't even actually own
And yet, that's already happened

Loyal Prophet

17,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
Lalune Solair
Q2k
Lalune Solair
Q2k

in reality, it's a more realistic concept than people paying $50-$1000 for pixels they don't even actually own
True. My head's still reeling from the freaking $500 backwings.

They weren't even good-looking.
(they were ugly)
(and people bought them)
(amazing.)
Q2k
Lalune Solair
Q2k
Lalune Solair
Q2k

True. My head's still reeling from the freaking $500 backwings.

They weren't even good-looking.
(they were ugly)
(and people bought them)
(amazing.)
oh, those wings were awful

Fuzzy Strawberry

19,750 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image
I would not be able to pay it but I'm sure there are a lot of people who would JUMP at the chance. Just guessing, but it might even be more profitable to them than a week's worth of flash sales!
Daffodil the Destroyer
User Image
I would not be able to pay it but I'm sure there are a lot of people who would JUMP at the chance. Just guessing, but it might even be more profitable to them than a week's worth of flash sales!
it just might be. I bet it would
And Gaia staff wouldn't know until they tried it

Dangerous Man-Lover

Let's all pitch in and have a conference call emotion_dowant

Invisible Gaian

13,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • 1 Win 50
  • PvP 200
You could always write him a letter, address it to the company and print:

Personal and Confidential -- To be Opened by Addressee Only

If you wrote that in big letters on the front of the envelope, they might give it to him. Worth a try. He'd probably be more likely to read a letter that someone actually took the time to write and mail than some faceless/nameless rants on here.

I'm thinking this CEO probably doesn't read these forums; maybe just gets a summary of what people are complaining about from one of his staff, and then ignores it. I get the impression that the only "feedback" that matters to him is whether people are still buying.

I was considering the other day that this company has a really good thing going on. They've basically turned the site into a massive store for selling virtual items. And unlike other companies, they have no inventory to worry about, no shipping department, etc. Some companies would be thrilled to be able to sell a few thousand dollars of merchandise a week. Gaia does massively better than that, merely poofing and selling invisible items. Just based on the number of these items, like Flynns Booty, that show up in the MP (which represents only a fraction of them), you can get a rough idea of what they're making, and it's staggering.

Invisible Hunter

9,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
`Smarties

I second this notion! emotion_awesome

Dangerous Man-Lover

Alex Nightwalker
`Smarties

I second this notion! emotion_awesome

Awesome! emotion_yatta

Loyal Exhibitionist

It's... an interesting idea, but I really doubt much will come out of it anyway... except that your wallets would be $100 poorer and he would be $100 richer. All in just 5 minutes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff