Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Gold!

+1 1 100.0% [ 37 ]
Total Votes:[ 37 ]

Butterfly Bumps
It really depends on the forum, but to use charity/quests as an example: that forum never moves fast enough to bump 1-2 times a minute. It does sometimes move fast enough to do one bump every 3-5 minutes. Personally I open about three of my orders in the forum at one time. So three threads are passing each other, along with the threads other shops are working on and random people are posting in. I don't know if that works for you guys or not, since you have limited slots; but it's worked well for me.

Oh, for the OOC forum that one usually moves pretty slow, the fastest I have seen is where I could bump once every ten minutes. That one has the same rule, so does GGN; which only moves fast when spammed. Bumps aren't allowed period in the welcome forum.
Yeah, I've been thinking about this. The stuff I was thinking about:

Removing the one slot at a time requirement.
Pros: meet forum rules more easily.
Cons: it's a lot harder to end on 0s or 5s. Personal counts can get messed up, since you're switching between them and it's often tricky to subtract it all out at the end.

Remove the personal count within post requirement.
If you allowed people to take on more than one slot, we'd have to do this as well, since it's super easy to get mixed up. (I worked for BB's for a few months before TLC and I remember getting confused about my PC occasionally.)

Reinstate timed bumps.
If we don't allow for multiple threads to be bumped, we would have to inform employees that they might need to wait between bumps for some threads.

I can usually bump two threads at once through different Internet browsers my mules, but that's not necessarily feasible for everyone. If we make these changes, then we could take on more slots (although we'd probably need to increase pay to attract more employees), but probably some of the neatness and order in the way we bump would be sacrificed, and I think that's a unique distinction that makes working for TLC really enjoyable.

I would be willing, however, to come in and bump threads to a 5 or 0 without adding them to my PC if we were to allow for multiple threads to be bumped, but I'm also starting law school in August, so I probably won't be around for too much longer.
sakari_paradox
Butterfly Bumps
It really depends on the forum, but to use charity/quests as an example: that forum never moves fast enough to bump 1-2 times a minute. It does sometimes move fast enough to do one bump every 3-5 minutes. Personally I open about three of my orders in the forum at one time. So three threads are passing each other, along with the threads other shops are working on and random people are posting in. I don't know if that works for you guys or not, since you have limited slots; but it's worked well for me.

Oh, for the OOC forum that one usually moves pretty slow, the fastest I have seen is where I could bump once every ten minutes. That one has the same rule, so does GGN; which only moves fast when spammed. Bumps aren't allowed period in the welcome forum.

Cons: it's a lot harder to end on 0s or 5s. Personal counts can get messed up, since you're switching between them and it's often tricky to subtract it all out at the end.

If you allowed people to take on more than one slot, we'd have to do this as well, since it's super easy to get mixed up. (I worked for BB's for a few months before TLC and I remember getting confused about my PC occasionally.)

Reinstate timed bumps.
If we don't allow for multiple threads to be bumped, we would have to inform employees that they might need to wait between bumps for some threads.

I can usually bump two threads at once through different Internet browsers my mules, but that's not necessarily feasible for everyone. If we make these changes, then we could take on more slots (although we'd probably need to increase pay to attract more employees), but probably some of the neatness and order in the way we bump would be sacrificed, and I think that's a unique distinction that makes working for TLC really enjoyable.

I would be willing, however, to come in and bump threads to a 5 or 0 without adding them to my PC if we were to allow for multiple threads to be bumped, but I'm also starting law school in August, so I probably won't be around for too much longer.
I am psychotically organized, so it's true that my way won't work for everyone lol. I also don't require people to end on a certain number or include pc in their bumps unless they want to. They just add them up at the end. With posting when they start and what they stop on it's easier to keep track of totals. I also have a record guild where they can keep track of where they bumped and how many. If they want to. Everything is kept in extreme order lol. But again, that's me. I am like that for all of my shops, threads, and guilds. This is just the account for my bump shop, not my main. I also run it alone, and am the only one doing edits.
Kyuui Kiwi

This has definitely crossed my mind but I wasn't quite sure what to do about it. I just know that this inflation has caused 1 mil to be the new 100k.
This has just happened recently, too, hasn't it? I disappeared for about a month or so do to IRL stuff, and I came back to Gaia throwing billions of gold at us.

Also, I feel like we could just open up a subforum in the Guild for employess to talk about competition/changes/etc, haha. I think it would be better than discussing it all publicly in the thread.
_xNeonFirefly
Kyuui Kiwi

This has definitely crossed my mind but I wasn't quite sure what to do about it. I just know that this inflation has caused 1 mil to be the new 100k.
This has just happened recently, too, hasn't it? I disappeared for about a month or so do to IRL stuff, and I came back to Gaia throwing billions of gold at us.

Also, I feel like we could just open up a subforum in the Guild for employess to talk about competition/changes/etc, haha. I think it would be better than discussing it all publicly in the thread.

I think this is a great idea!
Honestly, post count wouldn't be that difficult; you'd have a separate post count for each thread you're bumping, and then, each time you finish working on a thread, you add that amount to your post count. Keeping them separated until the very end really makes it no issue at all.

I already try to pay attention to how fast the forum is moving, regardless of its posting rules. I honestly find it unfair to customers to just bump their thread as fast as I can to raise my post count. I understand that people want to get paid, but we need to have some regard for the threads we're bumping.
sakari_paradox
Aw, thank you!
Palpable Love

Order Up!
Tired Owner; xCaramelcandy
# of Bumps; 100
TLC-deprived location; http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-ooc/1-x-1-group-hetero-platonic-play-both-genders/t.91681747/
Special Treatment; n/a
Rushed; n/a
Amenities; n/a
Sub-Bill; n/a
Extra Change; 1.000
Total Bill;1.300
How did you find us?; Service forum
Wait List?; Yes

Gracious Millionaire

9,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

Palpable Love

Date of registration: 3/27/2007
Past experience: I have bumped in so many different services, I think I even bumped here before once upon a time. I have also owned services before.
Amount of love able to give weekly & daily: 100/wk
Say hello: Hi there! I have been off and on Gaia for many years now. My recent hiatus was because of the preparation of my wedding. I typically only bump Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays while at work because I get bored and when I'm not at work my husband demands my attention. lol I look forward to working with everyone here.
Were you referred? If yes, by who?: N/A

Chatty Gaian

8,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
I made a suggestion box thread on the main forum in the guild. Feel free to post any ideas there or here. Or PM them to Kyuui & I. Either or.

I'm not quite sure about the pay. I think both pay and how much we're charging need to be reevaluated and how we're bumping orders. More personalized, less machine-producing bumps. As for the orders with 50k worth of bumps ordered, I just don't even know what to do about them, really. :/ Were either of those a thread that got complained about or cancelled?

I love hearing all of y'all's input. I'd like to hear more. (:

Chatty Gaian

8,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
[S]ilver[R]ose
User Image

Palpable Love

Date of registration: 3/27/2007
Past experience: I have bumped in so many different services, I think I even bumped here before once upon a time. I have also owned services before.
Amount of love able to give weekly & daily: 100/wk
Say hello: Hi there! I have been off and on Gaia for many years now. My recent hiatus was because of the preparation of my wedding. I typically only bump Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays while at work because I get bored and when I'm not at work my husband demands my attention. lol I look forward to working with everyone here.
Were you referred? If yes, by who?: N/A
Rehired. Yes, indeed you did work here before. A couple years back. I remember your username. :3

Gracious Millionaire

9,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Mik Laid

Aw I'm glad I'm remembered and thanks for the opportunity. 3nodding

Chatty Gaian

8,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
sakari_paradox
Butterfly Bumps

Reinstate timed bumps.

Multiple threads are allowed to be bumped already. You can't bump one thread with two accounts, but you can bump two, three, etc threads with one account if you wanted to. :3 The only time it's not allowed is when there are a lot of bumpers online at the same time and someone needs a slot.

As for the removal of the post count in the bumps, what other way would we keep track of them?

I think reinstating timed bumps is going to have to happen because otherwise, we're going to get reported till we're closed. And we're going to piss people off too. >w>

Chatty Gaian

8,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
[S]ilver[R]ose
Mik Laid

Aw I'm glad I'm remembered and thanks for the opportunity. 3nodding
Lol. Yep. I can remember a username from 3 years ago, but not something said to me 30 seconds ago. xDDD You're welcome. Welcome to TLC, again!
Mik Laid
I love your avi.

Desirable Shoujo

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Palpable Love

Order Up!
Tired Owner; Seracella
# of Bumps; 1k again ^u^
TLC-deprived location; Beep
Special Treatment; n/a
Rushed;n/a
Amenities; Pm or quote me if someone goes into the thread c: or converse with him/her if you could ^^
Sub-Bill; 6k
Extra Change; 4k
Total Bill; 10k
How did you find us?; Used services before ^^
Wait List?; Sure c;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items