Total Votes:[ 37 ]

Dapper Hunter

9,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Daemon Prince
How was uni today?

Ughh, I'm annoyed at an announcement that from now on my Chem lectures will be taking attendance due to "an alarming drop in people present" :I
Yeah.. lectures aren't compulsory and there are recordings posted up.. Also we do still pay our uni fees and pay for our textbooks.. however they're threatening us with failing us if our attendance is below 80%..
Also our lecturer isn't so great..

I skip the Tuesday lectures because it's the only class I have that day.. God forbid I spend over 2hrs on public transport for 50 minutes of class, but since there are 3 Chem lectures a week I'll fail if I keep that up now >_> Probably wouldn't be considered as an exception either, sigh..
I just really believe that I could make better use of that time :/
Lady Solarius
Daemon Prince
How was uni today?

Ughh, I'm annoyed at an announcement that from now on my Chem lectures will be taking attendance due to "an alarming drop in people present" :I
Yeah.. lectures aren't compulsory and there are recordings posted up.. Also we do still pay our uni fees and pay for our textbooks.. however they're threatening us with failing us if our attendance is below 80%..
Also our lecturer isn't so great..

I skip the Tuesday lectures because it's the only class I have that day.. God forbid I spend over 2hrs on public transport for 50 minutes of class, but since there are 3 Chem lectures a week I'll fail if I keep that up now >_> Probably wouldn't be considered as an exception either, sigh..
I just really believe that I could make better use of that time :/

Wow, that is completely ridiculous. As you said you are paying all the fees if you go or don't. I think as long as you get good marks on the exams it shouldn't matter.

Dapper Hunter

9,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Mik Laid

Hmm, Streakeh Pants ordered with us once before for the same thread, but I can't seem to find her on our past customer's list? xD

Dapper Hunter

9,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Daemon Prince
Wow, that is completely ridiculous. As you said you are paying all the fees if you go or don't. I think as long as you get good marks on the exams it shouldn't matter.

Yeah ==;; Sometimes my Human Bio lectures are pretty empty (namely that stupid 8am class XD) but again the recordings are posted and there is a lot of material to cover in that subject and people self-study..
I think this is just a matter of the lecturer's pride being stepped on since people aren't turning up to her class >_>

I even asked my Human Bio lab group members if their Chem classes took attendance and they said no =_= Inconsistent with the rest of the grade, good job selfish lecturer.. lol

Dapper Hunter

9,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Dapper Grabber

7,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
emotion_yatta

Shirtless Initiate

12,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Oooh. Eye dissection? I dissected a cows eye in grade 8. I made up a song about it since the other girl in my group got all squicky about it. It was fun. 3nodding That's standard where I am (either cows or sheep - but it's usually cow). Not sure about country wide , but definitely provincially... and in at least one other province as well... but I'm not sure if it's standard there... I don't know if they have standards for grade 8... maybe it's a high school thing there... I can't remember. I'll stop rambling...

I've never heard of a uni demanding attendance for a non-compulsory class... that's sort of contradictory, isn't it?

Dapper Hunter

9,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Raspberry Flavored Milk

I just got reminded that we did do dissections from Yr 7 (sheep's heart and poking chicken wing tendon) but only started using scalpels from Year 8 (on flowers), I think xD And that was with flowers..
But never worked with eyes before xD

Now we're not allowed to have scalpels in our uni first year dissection kits :I
My friend told me that the US starts high-school from Grade 6 xD
I never knew that.. I'm so slow.. XD

And yeah.. the only things they should be allowed to take roll for is lab.. and for tutes it's just for statistic's sake. >_>
Added the new bumpers to the front page ^^
The ones that showed up again xD

Dapper Hunter

9,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Dapper Hunter

9,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Lady Solarius
Daemon Prince

Yeah ==;; Sometimes my Human Bio lectures are pretty empty (namely that stupid 8am class XD) but again the recordings are posted and there is a lot of material to cover in that subject and people self-study..
I think this is just a matter of the lecturer's pride being stepped on since people aren't turning up to her class >_>

I even asked my Human Bio lab group members if their Chem classes took attendance and they said no =_= Inconsistent with the rest of the grade, good job selfish lecturer.. lol

Yeah it really just sounds like that person is just pissed and wants to pull a power play.

Dapper Hunter

9,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Daemon Prince
Yeah it really just sounds like that person is just pissed and wants to pull a power play.

Sigh ==;

Lonely Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
I have a question can someone answer it !

Lonely Nerd

10,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items