Welcome to Gaia! ::

or more accurately, someone to badger me into productivity.

a digital personal assistant, i guess, except you don't get to wear slick clothes and lean seductively against my desk. unless you really want to. mostly it's to keep me on track with a writing project, not real life things. admittedly i need to do those as well, but those have deadlines which make the job easier.

ideally you'd be close to my timezone. according to gaia time, i'm online very late at night and into the early morning (i live in japan だから...) i'm not very much of an a*****e; i'm just lazy as ******** and my writing self-confidence is a house of cards that keeps collapsing and fluttering to the floor.

no idea on appropriate payment. so feel free to lemme know what you think??

Tipsy Businessman

I can try pester you to write when ever I'm online. Some days I'm gone for the entire day, but I usually pop in once daily. c:

Invisible Loiterer

I'd be happy to help, if you'd like to hire me. Unfortunately, I am not in your timezone (California), so I'd only be able to pester you once a day. I'm a half-decent writer, and enjoy time management, though. Interested?

What sort of writing are you doing, what is your deadline, and what is your progress.

Pricing: No idea. What's your budget?
KLTC
I'd be happy to help, if you'd like to hire me. Unfortunately, I am not in your timezone (California), so I'd only be able to pester you once a day. I'm a half-decent writer, and enjoy time management, though. Interested?

What sort of writing are you doing, what is your deadline, and what is your progress.

Immediate thoughts: Yes. You seem on top of the ball, yes yes yes *__*

Slightly long post, so ---

What sort of writing am I doing? Excellent question! In terms of work/effort, picture something on par with a novel (or even novel series), but not in novel format. I'm playing around with different formats that the Internet offers, rather than trying to think in print. I have a pitch that I wrote up for some artists I was courting, although it doesn't say too much about the literary side of it.... Buuut here's a pertinent excerpt:

The project, tentatively called +After, begins after an apocalyptic contagion has wiped out most of America. What's left after the infection contaminates a person is something zombieish, although this version of the world has never experienced zombie films/books/media/etc., so they're never described as such in-story. And in any case, the zombie-creatures (and the apocalypse, really) are backdrop to the more important character drama. I'm not as interested in talking about the event itself, although backstories will inevitably include scenes of it. The project is called +After for that very reason. It's not a survival horror story, but rather one about picking up the pieces and beginning anew.

The narrative follows several different groups of survivors as their paths slowly convalesce. Each group has its own conflicts and dilemmas, and the varied locations/casts allow a bit of every genre into the plot. I don't want to give too many plot details, so hopefully that's enough of a summary. An overriding theme for me is 'truth' or the production of truth. I've been frustrated by apocalyptic stories that simply pick up where civilization left off, without much discussion of things which could be changed, given a 100% fresh slate. Less theoretically, I'm also interested in 'truth' in terms of hard facts, which our characters (and often our readers) are woefully short on --- what exactly happened, what exactly are the creatures, etc. The reader can watch different groups theorize with the limited information they have, and compare it to the other characters and try to decide for themselves who's picking the right path.

Whether we're talking about facts or ideas, among all characters, there's a sense of seeking out, grasping in the dark, and hoping they can accept whatever truth they find.

Progress was reasonable, until I had a meltdown and decided everything was terrible and I needed to restart. xD I still have a ton of groundwork done for plot and characters, but I'm in the progress of reworking the more technical world-building details. There's a big bucket of scenes scripted and noted, but not written out in proper sentences.

Next steps:
- finish the world-building that i decided to entirely redo, because i'm smart
- start converting the scripts into real writing
- experiment with organization and formatting

Budget? I have in total.... I think five bil to my name? Not a lot, and no real items to speak of. But I'm hoping this won't be hugely expensive, since the work per day is not very large.

Invisible Loiterer

Hint -- Your Name
KLTC

Immediate thoughts: Yes. You seem on top of the ball, yes yes yes *__*

Slightly long post, so ---

What sort of writing am I doing? Excellent question! In terms of work/effort, picture something on par with a novel (or even novel series), but not in novel format. I'm playing around with different formats that the Internet offers, rather than trying to think in print. I have a pitch that I wrote up for some artists I was courting, although it doesn't say too much about the literary side of it.... Buuut here's a pertinent excerpt:

The project, tentatively called +After, begins after an apocalyptic contagion has wiped out most of America. What's left after the infection contaminates a person is something zombieish, although this version of the world has never experienced zombie films/books/media/etc., so they're never described as such in-story. And in any case, the zombie-creatures (and the apocalypse, really) are backdrop to the more important character drama. I'm not as interested in talking about the event itself, although backstories will inevitably include scenes of it. The project is called +After for that very reason. It's not a survival horror story, but rather one about picking up the pieces and beginning anew.

The narrative follows several different groups of survivors as their paths slowly convalesce. Each group has its own conflicts and dilemmas, and the varied locations/casts allow a bit of every genre into the plot. I don't want to give too many plot details, so hopefully that's enough of a summary. An overriding theme for me is 'truth' or the production of truth. I've been frustrated by apocalyptic stories that simply pick up where civilization left off, without much discussion of things which could be changed, given a 100% fresh slate. Less theoretically, I'm also interested in 'truth' in terms of hard facts, which our characters (and often our readers) are woefully short on --- what exactly happened, what exactly are the creatures, etc. The reader can watch different groups theorize with the limited information they have, and compare it to the other characters and try to decide for themselves who's picking the right path.

Whether we're talking about facts or ideas, among all characters, there's a sense of seeking out, grasping in the dark, and hoping they can accept whatever truth they find.

Progress was reasonable, until I had a meltdown and decided everything was terrible and I needed to restart. xD I still have a ton of groundwork done for plot and characters, but I'm in the progress of reworking the more technical world-building details. There's a big bucket of scenes scripted and noted, but not written out in proper sentences.

Next steps:
- finish the world-building that i decided to entirely redo, because i'm smart
- start converting the scripts into real writing
- experiment with organization and formatting

Budget? I have in total.... I think five bil to my name? Not a lot, and no real items to speak of. But I'm hoping this won't be hugely expensive, since the work per day is not very large.

Sounds like you're already pretty organized.

But, it sounds like you need due dates.

After initial world building, what schedule are you looking at? A chapter every month? Every two weeks? Every week? I would recommend to start with one a month, since you probably have a long list of other responsibilities. Once you have a definite number of survive groups (less than five, I hope?), I would just cycle through them, knocking one chapter out each month.

Do you have climax/most critical moment already figured out? Do that, then tentatively set it one year (or some other set date) away.

Don't worry about pricing; this is fun. c:
KLTC

-touches ur arm- finally my angel has arrived

This is what I need, man. It's extremely easy for me to plan real-life stuff --- -glare at pile of graduate applications- ---- perhaps because they have built-in due dates. But this is something good to think about.

I have already a definite number of groups. It's four ish; two groups start apart and then join up pretty early in the story; sometimes single people leave groups and have an individual narrative for a little while, etc. But four big areas. -nod-

I don't exactly have chapters, though. The format I'm working with is mostly scene by scene, which are too short to be considered real chapters, so I think the due dates would be better divided by scenes. So probably...two or three a week? I'll have to look them over again. I've been away from the project awhile. -stares at grad apps again-

I'm pretty much at/approaching the critical moment in the plot. I need to figure out what happens after, and then where to stop the story. A survivor story could dawdle on for ages, but I want to arrange a fairly satisfying conclusion to each group. I know how one will finish, but not the others.

As for pricing, if you see something pretty you like, you're welcome to ask me to buy it at any point?? And if I can afford it, I will. ^___^

Invisible Loiterer

Hint -- Your Name
KLTC

-touches ur arm- finally my angel has arrived

This is what I need, man. It's extremely easy for me to plan real-life stuff --- -glare at pile of graduate applications- ---- perhaps because they have built-in due dates. But this is something good to think about.

I have already a definite number of groups. It's four ish; two groups start apart and then join up pretty early in the story; sometimes single people leave groups and have an individual narrative for a little while, etc. But four big areas. -nod-

I don't exactly have chapters, though. The format I'm working with is mostly scene by scene, which are too short to be considered real chapters, so I think the due dates would be better divided by scenes. So probably...two or three a week? I'll have to look them over again. I've been away from the project awhile. -stares at grad apps again-

I'm pretty much at/approaching the critical moment in the plot. I need to figure out what happens after, and then where to stop the story. A survivor story could dawdle on for ages, but I want to arrange a fairly satisfying conclusion to each group. I know how one will finish, but not the others.

As for pricing, if you see something pretty you like, you're welcome to ask me to buy it at any point?? And if I can afford it, I will. ^___^

Sounds good.

Your assignment:
By the end of every weekend, right down the title (or nickname or other reference) of two scenes you plan to write in the next week.
By a week from that day, have those scenes first-drafted and rewritten (edited) at least once.
Repeat each week, saving each scene into the same document in chronological order as you go.

Every month or so, read through the entire document, and edit to flow/line up/sound more cohesive.
KLTC

This sounds magically simple, and I'm going to keep telling my brain it is simple until it realizes I'm lying. But that sounds great. This weekend, my grad apps will also be complete, so it's a perfect time to start. In the days until then, I'll finish the world-building details.

@__@ How often do you want to do a sort of checking-in thing?

Invisible Loiterer

Hint -- Your Name
KLTC

This sounds magically simple, and I'm going to keep telling my brain it is simple until it realizes I'm lying. But that sounds great. This weekend, my grad apps will also be complete, so it's a perfect time to start. In the days until then, I'll finish the world-building details.

@__@ How often do you want to do a sort of checking-in thing?

As long as you turn it into a habit, it will feel easy. It takes seven weeks to form a habit. You just have to slog through those seven weeks, and then it should feel great.

I'll send you a pm once a week-ish? I also have a ton of work (mechanical engineering, woo!), but I'll try to stay on top of it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff