• Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200

6,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200
~LESSON X:
The four Elements of the Signs

Each of the 12 signs of the zodiac corresponds to one of the four elements and can be either, Cardinal, Fixed or Mutable in their mode.

" By the bright circle of the golden sun,
By the bright courses of the errant moon,
By the dread potency of every star,
In the mysterious Zodiac's burning girth,
By each and all of these supernal signs,
We do adjure thee, with this trusty blade
To guard yon central oak, whose holy stem,
Involves the spirit of high Taranis:
Be this thy charge. " - MASON

Aquarius - January 21 - February 19
Pisces - February 20- March 20
Aries - March 21 - April 20
Taurus - April 21 - May 21
Gemini - May 22 - June 21
Cancer - June 22 - July 22
Leo - July 23 -August 21
Virgo - August 22 - September 23
Libra - September 24 - October 23
Scorpio - October 24 - November 22
Sagittarius - November 23 - December 22
Capricorn - December 23 - January 20

Tradition sees the entire universe as consisting flow of the elements: fire, air, water and earth. When we apply this system to personalities, the elements represent certain basic traits and give a certain “temperament”.

Fire
People with a strong emphasis of the fire element are spontaneous and impulsive, they apply their energies wholeheartedly. Their emotional response is quick and they have a lively imagination.
Fire signs: Aries, Leo and Sagittarius

Air
Airy people are quick and animated. They apply their energies in very diverse ways. They tend to intellectualize their feelings and expectations.
Air signs: Libra, Aquarius, Gemini

Water
People with a strongly emphasized water element are feeling types and are very sensitive. Their imaginative and emotional lives are deep and rich.
Water signs: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces

Earth
Earthy people react quietly and slowly. They apply themselves with endurance. Emotionally they are deeply rooted and slow to change.
Earth signs: Capricorn, Taurus, Virgo

Also take into account a fifth element, the 'quinta essentia'. This very simply describes the soul or the spiritual being of a person. It stands apart from the other four elements and is not depicted in the horoscope. This is why it is frequently overlooked. It takes us beyond the doctrine of the four elements and their application in the field of astrology. It hints at the freedom of man and reminds us of the great mystery of the eternal.

Elementary states or Qualities

Each of the four elements occurs in three states or qualities, respectively named the cardinal, fixed and mutable or common states. We can consider the physical properties of water as an analogy: Here too, chemical elements can occur in various states. Water, for example, is liquid in its usual, real state. Seen astrologically this would be the cardinal state. When frozen it takes on a solid form, astrologically this would correspond with the fixed state. When heated, it becomes vaporous steam - comparable to the mutable state in astrology. In the individual horoscope, the placement of planets in cardinal, fixed or mutable signs also reveals basic traits of the personality.

Cardinal
People with an emphasis on cardinal signs have an urge to take the lead and to shape things. They are initiators and act according to their aims and goals.
Cardinal signs: Aries, Libra, Cancer, Capricorn

Fixed
People with an emphasis on the fixed signs have a desire to build on what is already there and to organize it more efficiently. They tend to preserve a "status quo" and act in response to given circumstances.
Fixed signs: Leo, Aquarius, Scorpio, Taurus

Mutable
People with an emphasis on the mutable or common signs tend to seek change and renewal. They can easily replace one thing with another and align their actions with unfolding processes.
Mutable signs: Sagitarius, Gemini, Pisces, Virgo

This gives us twelve quite different basic types. These varying qualities provide the “backdrop” to the planetary positions. As each horoscope has different planets in different signs, there can never be a “pure” Aries or a “pure” Gemini. Each horoscope is a highly individual, very complex and usually also very varied combination of parts. In order to understand the signs, we must take into account the typical expressions of the elements, as well as the characteristics belonging to the planets associated with the signs.... AND HERE IS A GOOD WAY TO START:

Aries
Cardinal fire; ruled by Mars
Willpower, impulsive, initiative, courage, energy, activity
Often rushes headlong into things

Taurus
Fixed earth; ruled by Venus
Sensual, pleasure-seeker, steadfast, strives for security
Sees red when provoked for a long time

Gemini
Mutable air; ruled by Mercury
Mental type, witty, communicative, mobile, takes pleasure in learning. Rarely touches down

Cancer
Cardinal water; ruled by the Moon
Emotional type, stubborn, seeks safety and closeness
Very much a family person

Leo
Fixed fire; ruled by the Sun
Glamour, generosity, organizer, the center of attention
Likes to take the lion's part

Virgo
Mutable earth; ruled by Mercury
Precise, differentiates, does what is necessary, utilitarian
A critical point of view

Libra
Cardinal air; ruled by Venus
A sense of beauty and proportion, tactful, seeks balance and harmony. Sometimes hovers between the scales

Scorpio
Fixed water; ruled by Pluto
Corrosive, passionate, piercing, extreme situations
Frequently quarrels with the spirits he called

Sagittarius
Mutable fire; ruled by Jupiter
Free spirit, carefree, love of movement, cheerful
Wanderlust, often seems to be elsewhere

Capricorn
Cardinal earth; ruled by Saturn
Enduring, has a sense of purpose, proud, ambitious
Can get stuck in craggy heights

Aquarius
Fixed air; ruled by Uranus
Communicative, humanitarian, progressive, fraternal
Universal spirit with occasional astonishing obstinacy

Pisces
Mutable water; ruled by Neptune
Sensitive, compassionate, helpful, sociable
Very adaptable, hard to get a hold on

6,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Name:Todd but please call me Trinity
Birth Sign:18 Capricorn
Your path:Prophet...maybe guardian?
What are you best at:Precognitive dreams...protection,scrying
Anything else you want to share:I often dream of things that could happen and about 85% of the time they come true. Also I have tendency to sing and my mama always told me when I sing it soothes her heart and soul. I started my practices from my mama. Still kinda new to this and I can't wait to be taught more!

Eloquent Explorer

Hi Trinity! Welcome to the school ^^

6,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Eloquent Explorer

6,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200
~Notes:

Elder Futhark runic symbols and meanings.

The oldest form of the runic alphabets. It was a writing system used by Germanic tribes for the northwestern and Migration period Germanic dialects. Its inscriptions are found on artifacts (including jewelry, amulets, tools, weapons, and rune stones) from the 2nd to 8th centuries.

*this is an example of the meanings, but not exhaustive.*

User Image

6,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200
yata346
Name:Todd but please call me Trinity
Birth Sign:18 Capricorn
Your path:Prophet...maybe guardian?
What are you best at:Precognitive dreams...protection,scrying
Anything else you want to share:I often dream of things that could happen and about 85% of the time they come true. Also I have tendency to sing and my mama always told me when I sing it soothes her heart and soul. I started my practices from my mama. Still kinda new to this and I can't wait to be taught more!

Welcome! and if you have any question pls dont hesitate to ask.

Eloquent Explorer

6,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200

6,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image

This year the User ImageGuild is hosting a One day, 24 hour Party celebration! In the already here Summer Solstice!

Starting Exactly at Midnight, Morning of Thursday, July 4th to Midnight again (Depending on were you live for the time), this event will be for 24 hours.

We encourage you to bring your Gaia friends and family as well, it is open to everybody.

Also, as a special treat there will be prizes!

~~~2013 JULY 4TH GUILD EVENT: EVERYONE IS WELCOME!!!!!
CLICK HERE FOR DIRECT LINK!!!

Most importantly let have fun together as a guild. ~(^u^)~ We hope you come and join us!

Any questions just ask me biggrin

6,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Omg, I have so much to catch up on! :3 *grabs pencil and paper*

Eloquent Explorer

Yep, yep ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff