Wait...isnt this a song? 0.27692307692308 27.7% [ 36 ]
Total Votes:[ 130 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 62 63 64 > >>

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200
~Lesson VIII: Divination

Divination is the art of foretelling future events or any system for inquiry into hidden matters other than used by the five senses. There are many different 'mechanical' aids to boost the inspiration or intuition needed to foretell, such as tarot cards, runes, pendulums, and scrying. Psychic tools can help hone focus, meditation and unlock the door to the other side.

Divination Tools

Whichever form or medium you choose, explore through different methods of divination by use of a tools like runes, tarot cards, crystal balls, scrying bowls, oracle tools, scrying mirrors and more.

Runes are great divination tools that have different purposes. They can be used for making charms and talismans, magickal work and foreseeing the future.

Pendulums are a divination tool that uses both your right and left brain to calculate interpretations. The swinging of a pendulum can be used for finding energy fields, making decisions and for its healing powers.

Crystal balls and scrying bowls employ the ritual of scrying to foresee the future.

Tarot Card Decks

The ancient art of Tarot incorporates astrological, numerological, and Qabalistic symbolism in a variety of decks and interpretations that go back to the beginning of recorded history. Tarot cards were originally used to play a variety of card games in Europe. From the late 18th century on, tarot cards were used by mystics for divination purposes, or for seeing into the future. Whichever tarot cards deck you choose, you’ll be pleased with their amazing intricate decorations and attention to detail.

Consecrating Your Tools
Before you use your tools in rituals or spell work, they must first be consecrated. Why? First, it removes any negative energy that may be attached to it and secondly, it sets the item apart for magickal use. Once you have consecrated a tool, use it only during ritual or spell work. If you use it for mundane purposes, you will have to consecrate it before each ritual that you do.

What you will need:
1. Representation of the Lord and Lady (like a gold and silver candle)
2. Representation of each of the Elements (bowl of salt for Earth, feather for Air, bowl of water for Water, red or orange candle for Fire)
3. Representation of yourself (like a candle in your favorite color or a picture of yourself)
4. The tool (or tools) you will be consecrating
5. Table (altar)

In a straight line at the top of the table, put your God item on the right, the Goddess item on the left, and your item in the center. Place the representations of Earth, Air, Fire, and Water in the center of the table, again in a straight line. Finally, set your unconsecrated tool(s) on the table nearest you. Take a few moments to calm your mind and center yourself. Once you feel you are ready, do the following:

1. Hold up the tool to be consecrated and say “By the powers of the four elements, I consecrate this __________ (name of tool) in the name of the Lord and Lady (you can use names of your patron God/dess if you wish)."
2. Pass the tool over Earth and say “By the strength and stability of Earth, I consecrate this ______ (name of tool)."
3. Pass the tool over Air and say “By the inspiration and creativity of Air, I consecrate this ______ (name of tool)."
4. Pass the tool over Fire and say “By the passion and determination of Fire, I consecrate this ______ (name of tool)."
5. Pass the tool over Water and say “By the compassion and emotion of Water, I consecrate this ______ (name of tool)."
6. Hold the tool in your hands for a few moments and say “Lord and Lady (again, you can use the names of your patron God/dess if you wish) I thank you for blessing this ________ (name of tool)."

Repeat steps 1-6 for each tool that you are consecrating. Once you have finished consecrating your tool(s), extinguish the candle flames and put each consecrated item away in a safe place.
Runes as in like ancient artifacts or are they something else entirely?

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200
I hope everyone is doing well

2,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
LiluraIsis

Eh... could be better.

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200
james-kun
LiluraIsis

Eh... could be better.
a lot of us could be dear

2,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
LiluraIsis
james-kun
LiluraIsis

Eh... could be better.

All one can do is move forward.

5,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200
james-kun
LiluraIsis
james-kun
LiluraIsis

Eh... could be better.

Agreed
All one can do is move forward.
Bump biggrin

Dabbler

5,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
Name: Niless
Birth Sign: Cancer, 7-12-94
Your path: open. I have decided to look into everything and denounce nothing.
What are you best at: Researching.
Anything else you want to share: I come from a family who has had terrible run ins with magickians. I want to be the one who can defend them with knowledge on all magick. Hahaha Oh and I read every page before thinking of joining. This seems like a great environment to learn.
Niless
Name: Niless
Birth Sign: Cancer, 7-12-94
Your path: open. I have decided to look into everything and denounce nothing.
What are you best at: Researching.
Anything else you want to share: I come from a family who has had terrible run ins with magickians. I want to be the one who can defend them with knowledge on all magick. Hahaha Oh and I read every page before thinking of joining. This seems like a great environment to learn.

Welcome to the school ^^

2,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
I still have the all important question about magick religions and how different and similar from each other they are.

Then again, I'm Catholic so I know about religious separations a lot...
I would try to answer but I'm afraid I may be unfit to answer your question :S sorry.
I get where you are comming from, I am Christian as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff