Welcome to Gaia! ::

would you participate?

yes! i would love to donate my talent! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
yes! i would definitely bid on some art 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
maybe! i dont know if id bid, but i would love to donate to the cause 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
no, i dont have the money to...sorry 1 100.0% [ 1 ]
no, i like how much money there is 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 1 ]

Hello Gaians!

My name is Lethal Sarcasm, but you can call me whatever you want, i usually go by Kuru (was my previous username)

i have this thread here because i am planning on opening a joint auction, with a twist!
as you all know, there has been a MASSIVE inflation in the Gaian economy which leaves some people left behind. and i'm sure even those who aren't left behind are not enjoying the high prices.

after delving into this matter, i found out what made it start.. and a way to start fixing it!

upon my reading, i was linked to -this thread- (if you have the time, i suggest going to that thread and reading at least the first post, it is full of a lot of information that you may find useful.) and found a lot of information, including a few different ways to "erase" gold from exhistance, bringing the amount of gold circulating through the Gaia univers (and ultimately, prices) down!

that is where you come in! My plan is to make a joint auction, selling art, graphics, layouts, profiles, and anything else us gaians can offer! just like any other joint auction, people will be bidding on your talent in order to commission you for what you do best, but at a much higher price than you would get just for selling it. i realize that this could bring the amount of money you would be getting for your piece lower than you would usually receive. but it will only be ONE piece from you AND you are still getting paid along side other artists willing to donate for their work.

how will this help "erase" the excess gold? GOOD QUESTION! this is the part i may lose you on, but please, continue to consider until i have said everything. My plan is to take a percentage of the money we make from the auction and "sink" it by donating it in Kickstarter! (for more information see the thread linked above) this erases the gold by removing it from the circulation.

i dont have much detail on how the auction will be set up or even what percent will be donated, but i would love to know who is interested and get any ideas or feedback from the community about this!

would you participate in this?

---if you are an artist and would like to participate, please fill out and submit the form below for reviewing---

[quote="lethal Sarcasm"] [size=20][color=red]HEY KURU! I'M INTERESTED![/color][/size]
[b]Username:[/b] Your gaia username
[b]Talent:[/b] The service you will offer be it Art, Post/thread layout, graphics, profiles, etc.
[b]Samples:[/b] a link to your current shop, deviant art, or just a bunch of links to your samples
[b]How much i usually charge:[/b] this is how much you would usually expect to get for your service
[b]what % i think should be sunk:[/b] i want to be fair, what % of your earnings would you be willing to donate to help the economy?
if this is the wrong place for this! please let me know so i can arrange it moving
I sold all of my items before leaving Gaia temporarily about a year ago...I ended up with millions, and was halfway rich. Now.....everything is ridiculous.

I like to help, but I'm not online very often, so couldn't do too much.
Elvaneyl Do_Urden
I sold all of my items before leaving Gaia temporarily about a year ago...I ended up with millions, and was halfway rich. Now.....everything is ridiculous.

I like to help, but I'm not online very often, so couldn't do too much.

i know, i was the same way when i left about a year ago.
do you do art? because i would love to see what you have to offer and i could find something for you to do :3
Lethal Sarcasm

i know, i was the same way when i left about a year ago.
do you do art? because i would love to see what you have to offer and i could find something for you to do :3

Always do art ^_^ Is the most awesome thing ever.

I would give you individual links, but...too lazy. Here's my dA gallery LINKYLINK
Can't do digital at the moment, so just traditional. Chibis, anime, semi-realism, realism; pencil, ink, colored pencil, some watercolor.
Elvaneyl Do_Urden

Always do art ^_^ Is the most awesome thing ever.

I would give you individual links, but...too lazy. Here's my dA gallery LINKYLINK
Can't do digital at the moment, so just traditional. Chibis, anime, semi-realism, realism; pencil, ink, colored pencil, some watercolor.

aah its so pretty! i like it a lot! and your realism is fantastic!
Lethal Sarcasm

lol Thanks. I'd love to help out and offer art, but, like I said, I don't know how often I can get on. Right now, I'm able to get on every day or two for a little while, but it seems like every time I commit to something, something with my internet or computer screws up.

If you still want my help, I'd be glad to. I can do a few pieces of art for the header of the shop, if you need, or take requests periodically.

And, just to tell you, I usually get 1 to 10 billion for my work (but I have a pay-what-you-want art shop, so I dunno). If the shop is charging a price like that, maybe donate 10% or 20% at least? I would also suggest having the thread host more than one auction at a time; when anyone honestly wants to contribute, a new auction can be added, or something like that.

Oh well, just trying to help. >w< Sorry if I'm intruding on your plans lol
Elvaneyl Do_Urden
Lethal Sarcasm

lol Thanks. I'd love to help out and offer art, but, like I said, I don't know how often I can get on. Right now, I'm able to get on every day or two for a little while, but it seems like every time I commit to something, something with my internet or computer screws up.

If you still want my help, I'd be glad to. I can do a few pieces of art for the header of the shop, if you need, or take requests periodically.

And, just to tell you, I usually get 1 to 10 billion for my work (but I have a pay-what-you-want art shop, so I dunno). If the shop is charging a price like that, maybe donate 10% or 20% at least? I would also suggest having the thread host more than one auction at a time; when anyone honestly wants to contribute, a new auction can be added, or something like that.

Oh well, just trying to help. >w< Sorry if I'm intruding on your plans lol

well, its no problem at all about how often you are able to get on. with the auction, it will be a timeline. i was thinking about 4 months for bidding. all you would need to do is come by and post, just like this, whenever you get the time. and at the end of the 4 months, do one piece of art! :3

and you arent intruding on any plans. all of the plans i have are just ideas and i love any ideas or input. biggrin im teetering between doing one auction per artist, or one auction for ALL of the artists. the one auction i have done was bid on one and if you win, you get one piece from each artist.

it was a little more difficult to split up the money that way but we all went into it knowing which percent we would be getting and whatever the total was, we split it the way we all agreed on. like.. there was 5 of us. and instead of everyone getting 20%, some of us will ability less amazing (like myself) got 10-15% while the others got 25-30%. it made us all get something, but it made it less in the end for each of us.

so idk. ive got some thinking and planning

also, go to this thread, i remade this one and put it in the right place. thats where most people are talking at
Lethal Sarcasm

im teetering between doing one auction per artist, or one auction for ALL of the artists. the one auction i have done was bid on one and if you win, you get one piece from each artist.

To get more interest from Gaians with different amounts of money, I would offer more than one auction, of different types.

Maybe a few auctions for just one piece, a couple for sets of three or four, and then a massive one for a piece from each artist. I personally would donate more than one piece of art, and others might too.

I'll go check it out ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces