Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Survivor

7,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
User Image

Welcome to my hiring thread for my newly aquired shop Anthropomorphs. Please read everything below before posting.

As you can see my name is Dracier, I recently purchased Anthropomorphs after having worked there as a colorist for some time, however I lost my coloring program as well as most of the old colorists through inactivity from them and the shop and am now trying to bring anthropomorphs back to life for our many dedicated and loyal customers.

What I am offering in exchange for dependable, qualified, talented and active artists is some pretty awesome customers who if they like you will come back for more services time and time again, as well as some pretty good wages.

The way payments work in my shop is for every custom and breeding you do, though the price of those has yet to be determined, the gold is all yours. I am not in this shop for profit, I do not wish to be greedy. I believe that since you have put all your work into doing the anthro that you should reap the rewards. If you're reading this please post "colorist application" above the questions posted at the bottem in blue bold font. I will however require you to create at least 2-3 anthros on lineart from the shop per month for flatsales of which you will recieve half of the sale price. (The amount of anthros required depends on how many colorists end up being hired.

Now before we begin this is going to be a harder hiring process than some, I will be asking you to submit samples, potentially ask for referances, as well as using my lineart to see how you work with our lines as well as customer interaction. Now if you still think you're cut out for the job please answer the questions below.

1. How often do you get on gaia?

2. Samples of work and when it was done?

3. Can you do lineart edits? custom lineart? certing?

4. Do you have any experience in working with customers one on one? Running flatsales?

5. Anything you want to add that makes you think you're a good fit for the job?

6. Do you have any referances?

7. What kind of workload do you think you could handle per month, breedings, customs and required flatsale anthros?

8. Would you be willing to color a few anthros for a tiered hiring process without compensation?

Devoted Survivor

7,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
Colorist Applications

ruppychan

1. How often do you get on gaia? uhm.. honestly i have been gaia lurking.. i just.. havent posted anywhere in like FOREVER! :3 but i can be on like.. alot biggrin

baby2
fadora boi
music boi
baby 1
baby 3
top hat boi
i edited and colored i just didnt highlight or shade sad
ikaki chook and this little critter i drew colored and such lol i think i have more but ya razz

3. Can you do lineart edits? custom lineart? certing? I have done lineart editing before.. im just not very confident.. i have some in my samples :3

4. Do you have any experience in working with customers one on one? Running flatsales? I work customer service in RL so ya biggrin and i have never ran a flatsale before but i would like to try biggrin

5. Anything you want to add that makes you think you're a good fit for the job? im eager to learn and improve and i just need a good shove in the right direction biggrin

6. Do you have any referances? uhm... i dunno i might if i ask around?

7. What kind of workload do you think you could handle per month, breedings, customs and required flatsale anthros? uhm.. im not sure

8. Would you be willing to color a few anthros for a tiered hiring process without compensation? Sure biggrin

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Colorist Application

1. How often do you get on gaia? Daily, sadly

2. Samples of work and when it was done?[ x ] Done in Jan 2012 in SAI. [ x ] Done in Jan 2012, also in SAI. (Was the first time working in the program). Please note, these two are NOT my art, they're art drawn by 0o_Daisuke_o0 a artist for Age of Adz. Stricktly shading The time it was done is listed on the cert. Full artwork Done in Photoshop CS5, counting down from most recent to older but still good stuff. Oh god so embarrassing This link appears to be a great deal of everything I colored before I was hired in Adz @-@ Very embarassing

3. Can you do lineart edits? custom lineart? certing? Yeah, all of it. Depending on who's art it is and the detail, pretty fast too

4. Do you have any experience in working with customers one on one? Running flatsales? Yep, all the time

5. Anything you want to add that makes you think you're a good fit for the job? Ruppy says I'm a good person and he wants me working here .o.;

6. Do you have any references? Ruppychan

7. What kind of workload do you think you could handle per month, breedings, customs and required flatsale anthros? Honestly, it depends on my load at actual work. I usually work about 50 hours or more a week, so really its how much they're working me. I can handle usually at least one breeding, custom and required flatsale anthro. Probably more if I can squeak in a two day weekend

8. Would you be willing to color a few anthros for a tiered hiring process without compensation? Sure why not~

Lessieal

colorist application

Lurk at least once a day to check forums. If it's a place that well is active and chats with me I'm there for long hours. I'll be honest, if I feel someone wants some of my work I tend to do it more, supply and demand based.

Most Current, shows minor edits
Shade/Shine matching the base shade.shine that came with the rats.

Riversong 1/18/12
Parker 1/18/12
Lorien 1/04/12
Lute 1/04/12

Older Work with clothes and hair edits
12/19/08 Lute
12/17/08 Aurora
11/16/08 Uni
11/13/08 Nikaial
10/25/08 Sloth
10/02/08 Kisoka

Lineart Edits: Yes
Custom Lineart: Semi/Not Really, I don't have mad art skills and it takes me forever because I tend to try to get it as close to perfect as I can. It isn't as well loved.
Older Examples, so you can truly decide:
Teacher
Angela Chibi
Milo
Certing: Yes, but I hate doing so, so please only for the Antros I do.

4. Do you have any experience in working with customers one on one? Running flatsales?
Yes, Yes, and experience also running and making old shops. Sister and I created Spirit Avatars and ran it for a few years. What caused it to end was, moves and such that separated us for awhile, or kept one of us busy in real life.

I don't know if this is a good thing or not, but I tend to have a weakness for roleplay, to the point of give discounts or surprises to people who roleplay actively and wish for certain characters badly. I also tend to at times find people who aren't in the shop yet and try to drag them in if they are great roleplayers.

I don't know if my sis wants to be a reference, but she's Kiara Lime. She tends to be honest with my work, and tells me if I'm up to par or not.

7. What kind of workload do you think you could handle per month, breedings, customs and required flatsale anthros?
This is a tricky one for me, as I stated above, to me I tend to be more aspired to do more if the customers want it. If I don't see many or any asking I slack more, if I see people are waiting for breedings, customs, and are willing to get them from me, I do them faster and more often. Flatsales, it matters how many people shop wise are looking forward to them, if it's the same three every week and we only have three colorist (me being one) I'm willing to do my share of one for example. If we get an overwhelming amount of people wanting flatsales I can do 2 and will try to do more if requested.
Breedings 2-3 a month.
Flatsales 1-3 a month.
Customs 2-4 a month.
Overall on slow months I can manage 1 antro every 3 days easily, to about 10 a month (30 day month) be it in whatever combination you want them in.
In inspired filled months 1 antro at least a day, equaling at least 30 a month (30 day month base) be it in whatever combination you want them in.

8. Would you be willing to color a few anthros for a tiered hiring process without compensation?
Yes, It's only natural for a tryout to do so. Just hand me what you want me to try, and what you want done.

LiShaMoon

1. How often do you get on gaia? I am on Gaia most all the time, everyday, but its mostly in the background since I work at home. But I do lurk a lot

My deviantart these were done a couple months ago

3. Can you do lineart edits? custom lineart? certing? Yes, yes and ... Certing please define I'm sure i have with my job but this term is new to me

4. Do you have any experience in working with customers one on one? Running flatsales? Yes, I design art for a screen printing company I email and while I was in the shop its self for training I worked with costumers daily.

Flatsales, ehh... not sure

5. Anything you want to add that makes you think you're a good fit for the job? Like I said I work in RL with graphic art and design. i have the programs, training and I just really want to expand in my level of experience.

Pulse since the old man forgets i'm here I often need something to kill time. stare

6. Do you have any referances?I can ask around but I had only just started doing art on gaia so its not many.

7. What kind of workload do you think you could handle per month, breedings, customs and required flatsale anthros? I haven't hit a work load I couldn't handle, yet, so hit me with your best shot I might just stay with 3-4 for at a time and finishing 2-3 days later for or up to 2 weeks for the complex customs stuff.

8. Would you be willing to color a few anthros for a tiered hiring process without compensation? yes.

Draconian Dignitary

Colorist Application

Generally I check on everything here at least 3 times a week, though if I have obligations to something I'm more prone to checking on things. I run on two accounts, so if you don't seem to be able to catch me here, it's likely I'm on Diamonds Droog.

Right here!
The first 3 are done completely by me, while the last 3 are only colored by me. All of these images are from the past 6 months.

This is the photobucket of the shop I currently work for, and while I didn't design the certs, I did cert a ton of these images.

I can do all of the above, though I don't guarantee that my style will mesh well with other peoples'.

Sure do! I help a friend run her Pokemon Ginjinka shop on Ernya.com. While I don't do a ton of working with customers, I do help run flatsales and shop events.

There's not really anything I can think of, unfortunately.

6. Do you have any references?
Ahh, I suppose? Dollottie is really the only person I chat with here on gaia. She's also the owner of the Pokemon pet shop I help run on Ernya.

I'm not really sure, I don't have much experience in that department. I do know that it takes me about 2 hours to color an image if there's no specified palette, and about 4 to fully complete a piece. I do know that I work best with direction, and seem to be able to get at least 4 pieces done a month.

Totally! Even if I don't make the cut, it's good practice.

Aldrailian

- I used to get on religiously. I can't guarantee certain days I'll get on, as I work a full time job and have a two other jobs as a mother and wife. I'm sure we all understand those jobs. ^_^

- I reeeeally hope you remember some of my older work. I've gotten a bit better, but since it's been so long since I touched either a pencil or GIMP ((program of choice)), It might take me a few days to relearn some skills.

- Yes, yes, and yes. I prefer to do Custom Lineart actually, allows more personality of the character to come out.

- Tons. I used to be a colorist with the old owner. ^_^;

- My charming personality?? I'unno. I enjoyed Anthropomorphs when they first started, and I think my collection is proof of that. I love the characters and adore watching them grow, both art wise and RP-wise.

- Again, I hope you remember me. ^_^;

- Considering RL, it'll vary each month. I'd set a safe measure for 4 Customs, 2 breedings, and 6 flatsale anthros. If I can get more in, I'll ask you first obviously, or just save them up for when I'm short a month.

- Practice makes perfect. ^_^

DesuAlice

colorist application

Recently, almost every day. I've been on gaia for a few years, and there are times I'll suddenly stop and then come back. It really depends on my schedule.

I cant say when they were done, but the first two in my gallery was recent.
[ x ]

I dunno what certing is, but all the art that's in my gallery is done by me. As for line art edits, if it's EDITING, then certainly. I work for a shonen-ai scanlation group as an editor/cleaner.

I've had my own art shop thread, but I wouldn't really call that one on one.

I'll be enrolling in an art college under game art and design, so I'd like to expand my horizons and gain more experience. I'm almost constantly trying to improve myself, so why not take the opportunity?

That are still alive/ go on gaia still? No, sorry, but if need be I can try to find someone?

I honestly don't know yet, but I have a lot of free time until school starts in October.

Sure! More practice for me!~ c:

Tasinei

I'm usually on every day, the only time I'll be uber sparse is weekends because I work 2 12 hour shifts and the month of my finals. I actually only have two semesters left of school. One this summer and one ending in Dec with a 2 week break in bewteen.

Older -> New
Aug 18, 2011 // Sep 16, 2011 // Oct 16, 2011 // Dec 01, 2011 // Mar 22, 2012 // May 08, 2012 // Current WIP

I can manage small lineart edits, nothing major like hair though. My art is usually lineless so no custom lineart sorry. Yes I can cert.

I do, before I became a colorist I was a manager for a few shops. Most recently SoE who is on Hiatus.

I'm applying as colorist to improve my abilities, my improvement can be seen actually in my art samples xD I am also currently studying 3D and I'd like to become a texture artist which is basically coloring 3D things haha so I need the practice.

The owner of SoE, but I'm not sure if I can even get in touch with her anymore

I think I would alternate, flatsales would always come in the month, but then I would do one month for breedings, another for customs ect. Though in the months I'm busy such as my finals, I probably would only stick to the FS.

Yes, I wouldn't do a whole bunch, but I wouldn't mind doing some.

Devoted Survivor

7,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Devoted Survivor

7,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Devoted Survivor

7,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Devoted Survivor

7,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Devoted Survivor

7,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Hilarious Streaker

9,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tipsy 100

Hilarious Streaker

9,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tipsy 100

Hilarious Streaker

9,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tipsy 100
1. How often do you get on gaia? uhm.. honestly i have been gaia lurking.. i just.. havent posted anywhere in like FOREVER! :3 but i can be on like.. alot biggrin

baby2
fadora boi
music boi
baby 1
baby 3
top hat boi
i edited and colored i just didnt highlight or shade sad
ikaki chook and this little critter i drew colored and such lol i think i have more but ya razz

3. Can you do lineart edits? custom lineart? certing? I have done lineart editing before.. im just not very confident.. i have some in my samples :3

4. Do you have any experience in working with customers one on one? Running flatsales? I work customer service in RL so ya biggrin and i have never ran a flatsale before but i would like to try biggrin

5. Anything you want to add that makes you think you're a good fit for the job? im eager to learn and improve and i just need a good shove in the right direction biggrin

6. Do you have any referances? uhm... i dunno i might if i ask around?

7. What kind of workload do you think you could handle per month, breedings, customs and required flatsale anthros? uhm.. im not sure

8. Would you be willing to color a few anthros for a tiered hiring process without compensation? Sure biggrin

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
Colorist Application

1. How often do you get on gaia? Daily, sadly

2. Samples of work and when it was done?[ x ] Done in Jan 2012 in SAI. [ x ] Done in Jan 2012, also in SAI. (Was the first time working in the program). Please note, these two are NOT my art, they're art drawn by 0o_Daisuke_o0 a artist for Age of Adz. Stricktly shading The time it was done is listed on the cert. Full artwork Done in Photoshop CS5, counting down from most recent to older but still good stuff. Oh god so embarrassing This link appears to be a great deal of everything I colored before I was hired in Adz @-@ Very embarassing

3. Can you do lineart edits? custom lineart? certing? Yeah, all of it. Depending on who's art it is and the detail, pretty fast too

4. Do you have any experience in working with customers one on one? Running flatsales? Yep, all the time

5. Anything you want to add that makes you think you're a good fit for the job? Ruppy says I'm a good person and he wants me working here .o.;

6. Do you have any references? Ruppychan

7. What kind of workload do you think you could handle per month, breedings, customs and required flatsale anthros? Honestly, it depends on my load at actual work. I usually work about 50 hours or more a week, so really its how much they're working me. I can handle usually at least one breeding, custom and required flatsale anthro. Probably more if I can squeak in a two day weekend

8. Would you be willing to color a few anthros for a tiered hiring process without compensation? Sure why not~

Hilarious Streaker

9,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tipsy 100
Yay ruppy! smile
Yay me biggrin <3

and YAY Demi <3

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100