?

visitors++; 1 100.0% [ 43 ]
Total Votes:[ 43 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 33 34 35 > >>

Dapper Phantom

» Welcome

My slots are:

Open | [ Closed ] | Full

This is pretty much closed forever. If you were referred by someone or have an interesting idea, you can still PM me and I'll let you know whether or not it's currently possible for me to do/help out. Tbh I barely care about gold anymore, so bribing isn't really necessary/won't improve your chances, sorry.

What is this?
      This is a profile code shop. Basically, I write your CSS for you.

Why do it?
      I love to code, so it's for entertainment as much as profit.

Contents :: Welcome / Rules / Samples / Pricing / Orders / Slots / Freebies / Tips & Guidelines

Dapper Phantom

» The Rules

1. Make sure you have rights to your images:
      Don't bring me art from someone's DA page or something without their express permission. I'd like to know where you got the images before I use them, please. Note that this means that in all likelihood I cannot make you a profile themed on some sort of TV show or Anime. Gaia images are fair game, though. Reference this sticky for more information.

2. Please be specific:
      I like to think that I have some skills in design, but I'm not a mind reader. This is where you come in. Please provide a (somewhat) detailed explanation of what exactly you want done and what effects (if any) you want, the more descriptive the better. Sketches of what you'd like are really useful. Pre-made layouts that just need code are preferred, but not necessarily required.

3. Don't ask for art:
      I cannot make you custom graphics. If it goes much beyond text and basic line functions, I can't do it from scratch, or it will look really bad. I can do very limited edits (typically to make existing graphics work better with a profile, slightly adjust colors, etc), but cannot significantly alter or add to the image. If you're unsure if what you want counts as art, feel free to ask.

4. Credits:
      I'm pretty open about my code, but I'll probably put some credits in the source and I ask you to not remove them. I am normally ok with referencing and modifying portions of my work, but copying it outright or reselling it is pretty lame, so please don't do it. I will not add my name anywhere on the actual profile or add it to the images.

Dapper Phantom

» Samples

These are some profiles I've done in the past.
    CSS is very flexible, so I can do a lot of other stuff too!

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Dapper Phantom

» Pricing

My pricing is pretty flexible.
      Once we've sorted out what it is you want done, we can agree on a price.
      Most profiles start at about lol inflation, and go up depending on what is required.
      Talk to me about pricing - I don't typically charge a whole lot relative to the current value of gold.

All profiles will be checked for compatibility in the current versions of Chrome, FF, and IE.
      I no longer support IE8 or IE9 unless specifically requested.
      Some special effects may not be supported in all browsers, especially IE.
      If you discover a bug in any of my code, I'll fix it for free.

Dapper Phantom

» Order Form

This is the basic order form.
    We'll probably end up discussing specifics, but this helps give me a rough idea of what you want.
    Please do not request something exactly like a particular sample; I'll probably deny it.

New: You may want to check this post for info on how to best format a pre-made layout.

[quote="Horntastic"][size=24][color=darkred][b]CSS me![/b][/color][/size][/quote]

[b]Profile version:[/b]

Current (v2) / Classic (v1) / Either
    (If you're not sure, I'll pick whichever I think will work best. Choose current if you want to be able to add avis/images using the drag-and-drop editor, or if you want current-only panels like recent visitors, badges, or multiple medias.)

[b]Theme:[/b]

Is there some sort of overall look you're going for?
    This is only really necessary if you don't have a pre-made layout that just needs code.

[b]Boxes:[/b]

Which boxes do you want?
    If you have a pre-made layout, please specify which box goes where here or in a separate image.

[b]Reference images:[/b]

Put links to any pre-made layout images, images you want included, or sketches/drafts of what you want the profile to look like here.

[b]Effects/Other stuff:[/b]

Any effects that you may want. If you're not sure what is possible, just ask!

I can do hover/click stuff, shadows, transitions (ex: fade in/out, grow/shrink, etc), and animations (movement, etc) - these may have limited compatibility on older versions of IE.
    You can also put anything you want me to know that may not have fit above, like media player preference. (Youtube, Hypster, Billy, Grooveshark... I can do most Flash-based players)

Dapper Phantom

» Slots

Limited slots are open - I'll accept a couple orders at a time.
    I may be more or less picky about orders, depending on stuff like how much design work I'd have to do.

Current orders in progress:
      N/A

Current orders in waiting:
      N/A

Dapper Phantom

» Freebies

There's some stuff I'll do for free. This includes but is not necessarily limited to:
      Very simple codes, such as scroll bars, panel color changes, etc.
      Profile debugging. Is it broken? I'll try to fix it.
      Profile rates and advice. Keep in mind that it's all opinion.

Dapper Phantom

» Tips & Guidelines

This post will contain info that you might find useful when thinking about or making/buying your profile design.
Feel free to TL;DR it, but it can be useful. At least read the bolded line.

Tips for pre-made layouts:
This is a work in progress, but hopefully it will help some people when making/requesting pre-made layouts for me to code.

There are two main parts to a layout.

1. The main background
The main background stretches across the entire screen on the profile.
I try to set this up so that it looks ok on various sizes of monitors - from small laptops to huge desktops.
It is usually the simpler background, and can be a stretched or repeated image, a solid color, or some combination of those.

2. The content background/containers
This is the portion most people think about when they think of custom layouts.
It contains artwork, special panel containers/borders, buttons, stylized text, etc.
Because it contains content, it cannot be stretched, so it must have a fixed, unchanging size.

I can sometimes separate the two types of background myself from the image you provide, but not always.
If you are making/commissioning the profile, see if it can be saved in two separate parts - the main bg and the content bg.
PNGs may be your friend here if this portion of the layout has shadows or other semi-transparent aspects that will go on top of but not completely hide the main background beneath it. Good graphics programs should be able to save semi-transparent PNGs.

Other misc. things:
- If you want clickable buttons, the buttons don't have to be separate from the layout but they can.
If you want the buttons to glow, it typically works better to keep the buttons separate from the main layout.
You can give me both glow/non-glow versions, or I can add a very simple glow effect myself.
- Careful when uploading to Photobucket, as it tends to re-size hotlinked images whether you like it or not.
Other image sites may also re-size, reduce quality, or change the file-type of your image, so pay attention to the end result.
- If your images add up to more than a few MB in file-size, it's going to take some people a long time to load your profile.
This isn't a mandatory limit, just something to keep in mind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff