Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think of this service?

It's a great idea! 0.375 37.5% [ 6 ]
I don't care, I just want the gold! 0.3125 31.2% [ 5 ]
I will never need your help, just my own brain and spell checker. 0.3125 31.2% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 16 ]
1 2 >

Assimilated Gekko

Tired of the red corrections on your work? Want to know how to better your work?
This is where I help you with your literary shortcomings. Essays, short stories, novels, articles - I'll read them all*. What I do is check for spelling errors and basic grammar, include why I made any changes, and then anything else you might want. All you have to do is ask. If I think it's necessary, I'll even include a couple of comments of my own free of charge.

A word of warning: I don't guarantee that you're returned work is of A+ standard. I have a morals which tell me not to drastically change someone else's work so
1) They don't understand why what they wrote is wrong,
2) They don't learn from their mistake(s),
3) The work isn't recognisable as their own.

Instead, I only improve on what I am given to the best of my ability. I don't want to change people's personal writing style, and you are free to reject my changes if you don't agree with them (and get a refund!).

It may seem to be a lousy moral to some, but if you wanted someone to rewrite your whole work for you, I don't think you would have come here in the first place.

*I won't edit/proofread poems or any lyrical works because I don't trust my own judgement for them, unless it's only spell checking.

Rules

Abide by the Gaia TOS.
No flaming - in here or in response to what I give you.
If you want a refund, you'll have to PM me your reasons, and I'll refund in full if I think they're valid.

Prices:
Spelling and grammar check:
1g per word (of the pre-edited work, including words less than 3 letters long)
More than 1000 words:
200g per extra page (in size 12 Times New Roman font)
Other:
I can't think of anything that could pop into this category... so it's free.

A 300g charge applies if you need it within 7 days - I'll normally try to get it back before the weekend, or the next day if I'm not busy with anything else.

I will not give back your work unless you have at least started the trade for the payment (to fend of scammers etc). If you don't have enough gold, I'm willing to negotiate the price, but you have to PM me or post your request here.

Form

Type of work: (persuasive/argumentative/other essay, news article, story)
Due date: (leave this blank if you don't mind when it gets back)
What you want done:
Australian or American spelling?: (I live in australia, for the curious)
Email address: (where you want me to send it back to - unless you want it back via PMs neutral or you want me to find you IRL)
Word count: (so you know how much you'll be paying)

PM this, post it here, or email it to be4getful@hotmail.com. If the thread gets crowded I won't guarantee I'll see it, but otherwise any way should be fine. Whichever way you send your work, write "To be worked on [PC or MAC]" in the subject line.
I'd prefer it if the work was in Microsoft Word PC version format, since that's what I usually use, but anything else is fine. Just make sure you mention the type of computer so I won't reformat your work by accident.

Assimilated Gekko

Works in progress/due dates:

Waiting list (and I hope this won't get too full)/ due dates:

exclaim Urgent

Previous customers:

If, by any chance, I can't finish or haven't started working on your work before it's due, I'll return it 48 hours before it's due. Also, I don't appreciate PM's asking me to hurry unless you want to pay the extra fee.

Assimilated Gekko

*Throws confetti everywhere*

Officially open!
That's original. Honestly, I'm in need of someone else to proof-read my stories, but they're probably a few hundred pages long. crying My previous beta reader is on hiatus now.

Assimilated Gekko

A few hundred pages? How long did that take you to write?

I confess, part of the reason I set this up was to read other people's stories. I can't seem to find anything decent in my local library that I haven't read yet.
It has been ongoing for about a year now. (I'm such a procastinator...) sweatdrop

Assimilated Gekko

Well, a couple of hundred pages in a year is still good - around 1 page a day. If you ever finish it, I'd love to see and read it.

Assimilated Gekko

Assimilated Gekko

Bump heart

Assimilated Gekko

Assimilated Gekko

3nodding bump

Assimilated Gekko

... I 'm beginning to think that there are way too many people who finish work less than a week before it's due...

Assimilated Gekko

Assimilated Gekko

Assimilated Gekko

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out