Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Alpha Hunter

The Alpha Hunter landed in the mysterious alleyway that he told all the Rare Hunters to come too. It was almost time for the fated meeting. And all the preparation are ready for them. The Alpha Hunter then proceeded to enter the alleyway. He walked until he came to a door. There he opened it and entered into the large room where there was stage for where he would stand and all the rare hunters will be in the audience. And of course the room that he entered into was no ordinary room. The room itself was in a different dimension and only Rare Hunters who wear their black cloaks and mask are able to enter the room. If some outside were to come through those doors, the person will simply enter into a kitchen of a restaurant.

The Alpha Hunter went to the stage where he sat down upon a very comfortable table and watched as the Rare Hunters come into the room.

Devoted Cleric

10,275 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Battle: Level Up 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Elizabeth Alexander

Elizabeth was getting close to the stage, only to see the mist shoot up into the sky, uncovering her mouth as she watched the mist come down onto the stage. When it cleared, the lights turned back on and a cloaked man appeared, knowing that he must be the one who was responsible for the mist and lights. But she was annoyed and a bit angry, hearing that he leads a group who steals rare cards from duelists, claiming that it was a learning experience for the real world as she thought that was total crap. While she can afford new cards, she strategically built this deck herself and would never let someone like him take it from her. Then Elizabeth saw as more of those Rare Hunters showed up behind him, talking about them being part of their hunt and yelling like a psychopath when someone interrupted him. She was surprised to see that it was one of the other first-year students, sounding as if he was familiar with these Rare Hunters, wondering why when the boy was hit by the black mist fired by the man, blasted off the stage into a table with food.

Then he spouted off about hunting that boy's cards and happy hunting before the black mist appeared, him and all those Rare Hunters having quickly disappeared. Great, now she has to worry about those guys coming to possibly steal her cards at any time. While other students were scared, she was more annoyed than anything else right now, and it didn't help when the headmaster started talking as well. He had spoken of how the rules have changed but they are duelists who train to become the best of the best here to stand against those who use Duel Monsters for evil, saying that the buddy system was to be implemented as soon as possible, to duel with their life on the line. Really? They wouldn't have to be dueling for their lives at all if the headmaster actually cared for them enough to close down the school like a reasonable person would, instead forcing them all to fight against an enemy they didn't know about until just now.

Honestly, she was starting to wonder why she even came here as she looked around, seeing duelists all pairing up and dueling each other. Elizabeth sighed as she will need to find a partner too unfortunately, glancing the area for someone who looked like they would have a deck that could work with hers. Eventually she saw a dark skinned girl and decided to approach her, hoping that she had some skill dueling and a deck that could work with hers. "Excuse me. Do you have a Light-based and/or a Fairy-based archetype deck? If so, then duel me." she then said to the other, pulling out her D-pad in case this girl said yes and accepted the duel. But if not, then she will just have to go looking around for any other students who do have the kind of decks she can work with. All of this is very frustrating, forced to partnered up with a random stranger and fight an enemy that the headmaster knew about for two years but yet decided to get them involved in it too.

Beloved119

Fashionable Millionaire

8,875 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

Dueling Network:
Euphoria-Cyran

SYLAR GRIEVOUS
"A shadow cast upon someone is a darkness impossible to escape."

After The Duel

Well, that could have gone a lot smoother. Sylar will admit, for a guy who made his deck today, this Black kid definitely knew how to use it like a pro. He definitely had Sylar up to his neck within the first few turns of the match, with his Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys leaving his field baron and his hand completely empty. Black had much more of an advantage than Sylar had, that was for certain. However, Sylar knew better than to let his guard down. You see, Sylar was always a passive duelist, so he often allowed his opponents to believe that they had an advantage. But Sylar began to take hold of the situation and turn it around on Black. By mid-game, Black was now the one with a baron field, and Sylar had out his Chimeratech Overdragon. The canon-fodder monsters that Sylar had definitely proved to be a good strategy and tactic.

Of course, Sylar's counter plays were, well, counter-played. He spent too long as the passive duelist, playing a game of cat and mouse, destroying whatever monsters came his way, and Black was able to use this as his advantage. All he needed was to bring back one of his previously destroyed monsters, Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos, destroy one of Sylar's weaker monsters and then, something unthinkable. He activated Spiritual Fire Art - Kurenai and sacrificed his monster to finish off Sylar's lifepoints. 500 points over from being an exact defeat. The audience and spectators began to cheer over Black's victory, applauding the mixture of tactics and skills from both duelists. Black had a keen strategy that managed to save him from defeat, and Sylar's sheer power in mere moves was impressive despite his loss. To say the least, it was an impressive duel on both sides.

Sylar, however, was a bit disappointed about his defeat. Yeah, he never was one for competitively playing, but he did like to win. His loss was mostly from the fact that he was outplayed. He was taunted into playing passively by Black's field, his words of 'It's okay to attack.' He probably should have just went for it and won the match as soon as possible. (That, and he probably should have saved his Cyber Kirin instead of also using that as canon-fodder). But oh well. Duel monsters doesn't just take luck. It takes strategy, skill, and one hell of a poker face. Guess he needed to practice more in reading them if he actually wanted to win next time.

"So, I was wrong about you, Black, that's for sure." The Cyber Dragon duelist rubbed the back of his neck as he walked over towards his partner. As he walked, he deactivated his holograms and D-pad duel disk, little tiny pixels shattering behind him before he stood in front of the black-haired duelist again. He held out his hand towards him, hoping to at least shake on a well-played duel (that could have been played better if he wasn't freaked out by the kid's face. But again, oh well). "You do have a scary face. Scared me out of winning the duel." Of course, it was a jest, but Sylar still nodded his head as if to acknowledge the other boy's win. "But at least you're making the partner thing seem like not as bad of an idea. Good game."

Aureus_Vanguard

User Image

Black Aureus

Black could have lost that duel if Syler just took the risk and attack. He kept telling the young man to attack him but despite that he didn't because he was afraid of his face down card. Despite it Black didn't feel like he won that duel. He still needed to train harder. If he got into the position when he is facing off against a Rare Hunter then it could be disastrous. He needs to be smarter and bolder. He needs to train harder.

Black looked up to Syler as he approach him. He said that he can see how good of duelist he is and that he isn't for show. Of course he wasn't for show. Why would he lie about that? It can be seen that Black did not get jokes and therefore does not have such a great sense of humor. He takes everything very seriously. So if someone makes a joking comment he will take it seriously. So when he said he shrugged as if he was proud of having that face. "That's good that I have a scary face. Makes people not mess with me" he told him. "But because I have scary face doesn't mean you should have use it as an excuse. Let me tell you this. I won the duel officially but I lost overall. If you took a chance and actually attack me, I think I would have lost" he told Sylar. "But a win is a win." he said.

Black look down at his hand which rose up to shake his. Black smiled and just shook his hand. "Nice to you have on board partner" said Black. And with that Black has solved his buddy system problem. "Now then if you don't mind I am hungry and all this free food is not going to eat itself. We will worry about the Rare Hunters later. Right now let's focus on school" he said. Yes right now all that Black can do is focus on school. He wouldn't be able to find any Rare Hunters right now well that mostly because he doesn't have any rare card or anything of value that is worth stealing. But he knows just the right place to get the right card. Black eyes fell upon Noxus Night. His company is makes and mass produce cards. His company is bound to have something of good quality that will attract the attention of the Rare Hunters. And Black intends to find it.

DN Username: Gandora91
Password for dueling: Aureus

Euphoria-Cyran
User Image

Dueling Network:
Euphoria-Cyran

SYLAR GRIEVOUS

Fashionable Millionaire

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

Dueling Network:
Euphoria-Cyran

HARPER KENZINGTON
"To have nothing means having the chance to take everything."User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So where was this meeting place, anyways? Harper didn't have the slightest clue. She didn't really get how to travel around the city, and she specifically didn't get how to read her stupid D-pad whatever. This was why she never invested in cell phones or other technologies. Too much of a hassle. Why couldn't the directions to this secret place be neatly written on her letter for her? Take a left here, go right past the deli, something like that? The girl let out a sigh and put her hands on her hips as she walked down the streets, with many of the students at the party already, Harper was able to avoid people quite easily, taking rooftop routes, dodging through alleyways, etc. The only problem was that probably contributed to her lack of general direction towards the Hunters' meeting place.

"This is so stupid...!" She let out a small whine as she looked back and forth from the letter to her GPS on her D-pad. "How the heck is a girl even supposed to understand this writing anyways?"

She let out a sigh and stuffed the letter into her satchel, perching herself at a building's edge as her eyes searched around. If she at least had some idea of where she was going, she should be in the right area. Or at least, maybe she might recognize another hunter somewhere, so she could find the place. Her eyes did manage to find someone though. She pushed her mask over the top of her head as she watched the hooded figure turn sharp and proceed down into the alleyways just below her. Harper grinned at the sight, pulled her mask back over her face, and quickly ran after the figure, trailing behind them as they made their way down alleyways. Soon though, the masked girl jumped down into the alleyway as well, watching behind a dumpster as she watched them disappear into a door at the end of the alley.

"Well, that looks weird..." Harper stood up from her place, walking over the door and looking at it. It didn't seem to be anything fascinating. It just had a small plate saying 'Employee's Only' and below it a logo for 'City Cafe.' Was there supposed to be something ominous there? Cafes didn't seem ominous, at least not to Harper. A sigh came from her as she readjusted her cloak and pushed up her mask before pushing open the door. "Hello? Can I order a caramel frappuccino while I'm here~?"

The joke was meant to be a light-humored one for those that were in the kitchen area, but it seemed to be short lived. To Harper's surprise, the area beyond the door wasn't the kitchen she had expected it to be. Instead, it was a large room, almost like an auditorium for a show that would occur. A few other of these 'Rare Hunters' were present, but before them all was the Alpha Hunter himself, surveying all of his followers like a king upon his subjects. Harper couldn't help but stare in awe at the figure on stage. He looks so regal and menacing at the same time. Was he the one that's been sending her the letters and her mask? She reached into her satchel for one of the letters she had received, walking into the room to join the rest of the Rare Hunters.

"So this is where the hunt begins, huh?" Harper couldn't help but grin as she held the letter in her fingers. This was where all of her problems would be solved. The road to riches and rarities was just around the corner.

Fashionable Millionaire

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

Dueling Network:
Euphoria-Cyran

SYLAR GRIEVOUS

Seriously? First a scary face and now no sense of humor? Sylar couldn't help but rub his temples in slight annoying after shaking hands with Black. Was this kid seriously going to be his partner in dueling for the rest of the year? The guy really needed to socialize more, that was for certain, and he definitely needed to accept the fact that he won. A win's a win, and people should just revel in it and move on. Of course, Black just had to go on a tangent about how Sylar could have won but didn't. Sylar just wasn't about that kind of life. Yeah, his brother and father are professional duelists, but that didn't mean he'd have to be. He didn't need to win to show that he was good. He just needed to do enough to prove his point, and he got that from dueling Black. He could practically envision just how his classmates would react to him the next time he steps into class, and that was satisfying all in its own.

But he supposed he couldn't really change what Black had to think. The guy had to learn on his own how to actually be funny and how to take each win or accept each loss or whatever he needed to learn. Sylar would just be there to make sure he survived school, and probably stopped running head first at a Rare Hunter. And until any of that actually happened, food sounded like a good idea. For once, Black had something that Sylar agreed on. The blue-haired duelist turned back towards his partner, noticing his eyes watching the front podium carefully. The headmaster was up there, but so was their guest speaker, some pro-duelist alumni or something. Sylar arched an eyebrow at him before looking at Black, raising his hand, and placing it firmly on top of the spiky-haired duelist's head.

"Food's to your right." He turned Black's face towards one of the very few undamaged tables of food before pushing him along by the back of his head.
                  "If you want to ask the guy for his autograph, do it later. You need to chill out and stuff your face for at least five minutes."

Aureus_Vanguard

Loyal Gatekeeper

5,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • PvP 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
~Gillian Snow~
"The darkness isn't as scary if you let a little light shine in it."

Gillian walked in front of Chester a pace or two, her hand still gripping at his jacket, and she was pleased to feel him follow her. It felt better to have him there and her Gadgets, or at least the feelings they were giving off seemed to be in agreement. They'd not spoken up, which seemed strange to her, but she would ask them later.

They entered the courtyard fairly quickly and the young mechanic's sky blue eyes scanned the clearing. There were messes here and there and except for a few faces that still looked scared, everyone seemed determined.

Gillian too heard whispers of a 'buddy system', and her first impulse was to look at Chester, but she refrained due to the embarrassment she still felt. These partners were also starting to duel, and something happened that was very unlike her; she got nervous.

However, her mind went blank as she heard the man behind her whisper to her a simple question and she turned to him with a small grin on her face. "Yes, of course...~ I'd love to be partners." she chimed in reply, a little bit of her nervousness fading. Being partners with Chester wouldn't be bad at all. At least she knew him, and perhaps he could give her some pointers.

She glanced around at the duels happening around them once again before looking back at Chester and gesturing to a duel happening near them with a grin. "We missed the announcement, but it looks like we have to duel to be partners?" Gillian pointed out, suddenly remembering the last time they dueled. There weren't any rules to protect her this time.

"Don't let him bully you. We'll kick his butt for you."

"I don't think that's what he's trying to do.~"

"We believe in you, Gillian."

Gillian couldn't help but reply at their sudden outburst. "He's not bullying me.~ Calm down.~" she whispered with a chuckle, but she was sure Chester had heard her and she smiled up at him sheepishly. "Sorry~ Red Gadget thinks you're going to be mean." she explained. She'd never really spoken to her Gadgets with someone right in front of her, and it was kind of strange. "Well..." she began, gently taking Chester's hands into her own and smiling at him brightly after having found her enthusiasm. "I'm ready when you are~ And if I lose I promise to work hard to get a new deck to be a better partner. I wouldn't want you doing all of the work~"

Noxmad

Lonely Phantom

9,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
This Life is a Tough GameUser Image

and I don't want to Play it

I'm Reaching for a hand, Help Me make it.

But it's too much so I give up

Just please don't H̺̜̞̦̺̩ͤ̈̂͘͟a̳͚̰͔̬̦͍̮͗̑͌̈́̍̿̈́͞ţ̛̙̻͈̖̲͔͆̐͌̓̉ͫ̾ͨę̶͔̞͇̺͓̻̺̝̑ͬ͒ͪ me.

Chester Reynolds
The Broken Duelist

----------------------------------------------------------------

Chester looked at her and smiled. Her Duel Spirits talking to her was something to behold. It was an opportunity he did not get often. To see how the world saw him. He put his free hand in his pocket and pulled out a deck. The Malefic Monsters in his hand, heavy with power it seemed. But he chose this deck for a very distinct reason. It kept the focus of Rare Hunters on him at all times. After all, who could resist the almighty power of the Malefic World. And if all greedy eyes were on him, then that means less eyes on Gillian. There may not be much he could do right, but in the case of this, he knew it was the only way to protect her.

"Gillian, do not be frightened by these monsters okay? They are big, they are powerful, but they are extremely fragile. But as long as you trust me and my monsters I promise you today, that no harm will befall you as long as I can help it," Chester spoke to her softly and calmly. He then stepped back from her, taking an old Duel Disk out of his pack. It was large and clunky, and it was the same Duel Disk he had used back then.

((OOC: My accessibility to Gaia will be awkward tomorrow, but I will try to make time for us to Duel at least even if I cannot post my response to the results immediately. PM me some times that will be good for you and I'll see if I can make them work on my end.))
                                      ---------------------------------------------------------------

My Letter's on the Pillow

With a Kiss Goodbye

I'm sorry M̗͇͓̥̃̎̓ͮ͋͜͡͞ͅo̴̼̰͉̲͉͇̮͕ͨ́͒ͩ̀͡m̍̃͑͟͝͏̳̺̬͇̯̟͍

But I promise that I tried.
User Image

Black Aureus

Black turned to Sylar when he mentioned that before getting his autograph he should stuff his face with food. At this statement, it caused Black to raise one of his eyebrow at him. Again Black was taking everything literally and not thinking it was a joke. "Autograph?" he asked Sylar. "Why would I want to get his autograph that is something that fangirl will do. I am don't want his autography. I was thinking about stealing a rare card from him that all" said Black. The way he that Black said his last sentence he stated like it was normal for him to steal from a pro-duelist and not to mention he was the CEO of industrial illusion and was on the board of the dueling committee.

If Black were caught stealing a card from him, both Black and Sylar will probably be banned from all legal tournament and get expel. Of course Black intend on bringing Sylar along for the ride as well so if he gets in trouble so does he. "Oh you are coming to help me" he told Sylar. Again Black commanded Sylar to come with him. He didn't give him a choice to back out again. If Sylar didn't realize it by now, Sylar is going to get into a whole bunch of situations most of which are going to be unpleasant for him. "But before we do that let's get some food." he said as he went over to the table to where the food was. There he began to collect his plate with food and sat down on bench where he began to eat it.

Euphoria-Cyran
User Image

Dueling Network:
Euphoria-Cyran

SYLAR GRIEVOUS

Fashionable Millionaire

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image

Dueling Network:
Euphoria-Cyran

SYLAR GRIEVOUS

"Wait, what?" Sylar practically did a double-take when looking at his partner. Steal a card for that pro-duelist, Noxus Night? He's gotta be kidding. Wait, no. It was Black. He didn't have a single joking bone in his body. Sylar blinked in disbelief, only being able to watch as Black wandered towards the food and promptly sat down with a large plate of it. Why the heck would he want to steal a card from someone as high-profile as Noxus Night? Wasn't he just going on a tangent about those Rare Hunters and how he wanted to 'rip them apart limb from limb?' Black was basically just doing the exact same thing those Rare Hunters were planning on doing! The blue-haired duelist let out a heavy groan of exasperation before going over to Black again, sitting on the bench next to him.

"You...!" Sylar hushed himself, resting his head on his knuckles for a moment as if to think of what to say to the black-haired duelist. "Why the heck would you want to go after one of Noxus Night's cards? I work at a card shop! We can probably find a copy of it there. Hell, bet Ash can call up her friend and get her to make you a rare card. That sounds hell of a lot smarter than trying to take his card and getting expelled because of it!" He let out another groan as he rested his head in his hands. "Why'd you drag me into this... Asher's going to kill me if she finds out."

"Actually, I kinda like the plan." Sylar jolted upright at the sound of the familiar voice, seeing the lanky shop owner standing in front of the two boys, a plate of cake in her hand and a fork hanging from her teeth. She pulled the fork away and shook at the two boys. "Stealing cards sounds like fun. Reminds me of the days I snuck into the library or the academy's card database. Good days~"

"You're actually encouraging this? Why? And how'd you get in here?!"

"The guards let me in. They said that if I tried hopping over the gates again, they'd arrest me like they did in junior year, so they just let me in as long as I don't get caught by the Headmaster." Of course, after she said this, Asher looked over towards the front of the party, waving her hand as if to announce her presence at the party. "Besides, I smelled chocolate mousse cake~" Asher grinned a bit, but her face soon became serious again. She put her hand on her hip, gesturing her arm around as she held onto her cake.

"But I'm encouraging it because it's probably for a good cause. That, and if the Rare Hunters are after these fancy cards, may as well have Black take a few to keep Noxus safe from them, even though he is kind of a jerk. Remember having to duel him a few times in Dueling Strats... Makes me want to help. That way, when I get arrested for co-conspiracy, he'll have to talk to me again, and I can hang his autograph on my cell wall~" She smiled at the thought before looking back at the two boys. "What card are you even after, anyways? If you're that determined to get it from him, the card must be worth it."

Aureus_Vanguard

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,975 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
Hazaki Korogi

Hazaki wanted to do a face palm. Really? Duel? That was all the headmaster had planned. Anyways, he allowed it and watched as quite a few of students had begun to challenge each other, he watched as one of his students, a young woman from the Ra dorm, Elizabeth was her name? The face matched the profile when he looked at all the first years at the Dorm, and she went through with really high scores. Good to have a student like that among them.

His eyes turned to watch as two people from Slifer Red were dueling, but their arch-types was the one the interested him. One was playing with Cyber Dragons, the other with the Fire Kings. The professor had joined the rest of the crowd and assessed the duel about midway through. The Machine user was pulling his own. but with how their life points were going the other students was doing great counters. Of course being in Slifer they did make a few mistakes. Like when Overdragon destroyed High King Garunix, they forgot to use Garunix's effect to summon another Fire King. It was little slip ups here and there, but he didn't want to ruin the their fun.

In the end the Fire Kid won, in a whooping 7900 to 0, not really a close match, but Hazaki shrugged and watched as the both of them went to get food and was joined by another woman. He turned to see if any of his Ra students were doing any interesting duels. Which there were non of. So he decided to congratulate the victor. As he approached the three of them he extended his hand to the kid with black hair. "Congrats on the victory. It was quite a match between the both of you." he spoke with a small smile.

Aureus_Vanguard
Euphoria-Cyran
User Image

Black Aureus

Black just ate his food calmly enjoying every taste of this 5 star food while Sylar went off into tantrum reminding him of the moral of stealing and whatnot. What was he? His good angel shoulder person? And why was he getting so nervous and scared about stealing a card from a pro-duelist. It's not a big deal. It just 1 card. He has many more but then again if they were caught they would get expel so that wouldn't be a good thing at all.

Black just continue to eat his food when Sylar began talking about other options to get a rare card. Black sighed and look at Sylar. "Well who would want that? The Rare Hunter will soon or later target Noxus because of his rare cards. So if we steal that card it will just make us easier bait for them. And thats when we throw down and beat them to a pulp with cards of course" said Black. Black then turned when he heard Asher saying that she encourage the stealing of this card. Black nodded. "See your boss knows what up. Stop being a scary cat and be a man" told Black.

When the question was posed on what card they should steal, Black was about to answer when a professor from the school came over to congratulate Black on his win causing Black to withhold his tongue. He didn't want to cause any more suspicion upon himself. Black quickly collected his thoughts and got up to face professor. Turning on his formal and respective student mode, he address the professor. "Hello professor. And I thank you for congratulating me even though today was the first time I am using this deck" he told the Professor. "Oh yes my name is Black Aureus. I am sorry but who are you?" asked Black.

Euphoria-Cyran
User Image

Dueling Network:
Euphoria-Cyran

SYLAR GRIEVOUS

IAreTehSpeechTeen
User Image
Hazaki Korogi

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,975 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
Hazaki Korogi

A decent duelist and polite, this boy is already on Hazaki's good side. Black Aureus was his name, and it was the first time he has used the fire Kings, quite interesting indeed. It was then that the student asked for the professors name. "Oh forgive me for my terrible manners. I am Hazaki Korogi, the Head professor of the Ra Dorm and History. And first time using a deck like that eh? The way you cycled through your Kings would almost convince me you were a pro. Let's just hope your testing is just as good. " He then paused for a moment at looked at the other slifer student.

"I wonder why the both of you are in such a low dorm with such good decks." he chimed to himself holding his chin. "Must be the testing." he then turned to the trio. "Well i hope for a good and safe year for us all."

Aureus_Vanguard
Euphoria-Cyran

Fashionable Millionaire

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
Dueling Network:
Euphoria-Cyran

ASHER PHERIAN
&
SYLAR GRIEVOUS
The Darklord Duelist & The Cyber Dragon King

So who exactly was the blond-haired man that came up towards the trio? Asher sure as heck didn't know, but Sylar did. Hazaki Korogi, head guy for the Ra ranked duelists who probably started teaching at the academy within the last two years. He didn't really talk to him all too much to know. Though the times that he did see him, he was often swarmed with girls who found him attractive or students who were complaining about his never-ending spree of pop-quizzes. He seemed like a popular enough guy, but equally conceited as most Ra duelists were. After all, when Professor Korogi did appear before the group, he immediately focused his attention on Black, congratulating him on the victory. Good for him. Didn't really need to over-emphasize the victory, especially when Black admitted that it wasn't his game. But again, Sylar didn't care. A win was a win (even though he was still beating himself up over it all). And when the professor mentioned the fact that the two could have had a higher rank at the academy, Sylar couldn't help but roll his eyes.

To be honest, Sylar was a rather impeccable duelist. He handled his deck extremely well, and was able to take whatever was given to him and keep on dueling. He tested extremely well on his exams, receiving data that would have landed him as a Ra student or potentially even an Obelisk. There was one particular issue that prevented him from becoming either one of those, however. During the academy's preliminary trials during his first year, a friend of Sylar's wanted to rank higher among the dueling scale to impress his childhood sweetheart. He begged Sylar for a cooler deck to use. And Sylar, being the type of guy to just roll along with it, just shrugged and traded his deck with his friend. Of course, little did Sylar know that his friend was terrible at deck building, and had built a deck just because they had 'hot chicks' in it. Needless to say, Sylar ended up losing all of his preliminary trials because of it. Even worse? His friend got into Obelisk and forever abandoned him.

Oh how Sylar wished his (ex)friend would burn in Hell for that...

Sylar shook his head, refraining from either explaining his situation to the teacher or straight-up saying something snappy. That would only get him on the teacher's bad side. But just before he was able to say anything at all, Asher immediately interjected into the conversation. "You should rephrase your statement, Mr. Korogi." The black-haired woman put her plate down onto a nearby table, crossing her arms as she turned to face the professor. "The kids have alot to learn, yeah. But if you give a bad duelist a good deck, that doesn't mean that they're going to be a pro. So what you should say is 'Why aren't you guys in higher ranks? You guys are skilled duelists.' And your answer will probably be because the testing here is a load of crap."

"Boss... What are you doing?"

"Just speaking my mind, kid. Especially to a teacher at this school. You can probably tell that I have some beef with them." Asher glanced out over the mass of students, tapping her slender fingers on her bicep as she spoke. "The kids here should be inspired to duel, not pitted against each other for rank and recognition. Even before Duel Academy had these stupid ranks, there was already enough bullying over skill or decks. Didn't matter if the duelist had a hard or the brains to stand up to their opponent. If you couldn't beat them in a duel, then you weren't worth anything. And that pissed me off. Even if you fought for it, it didn't matter because you always had a bad reputation, and these 'ranks' just make it worse.

"And now, with these Rare Hunters preying on people with rare cards, you really think that people are going to help out Slifers who get robbed? Or Obelisks who deserved it? No. Probably not. They probably 'had it coming,' and that's the crappy thing about it all. So, blondie, you shouldn't be asking why they're not in a higher rank, because it doesn't matter. What matters is if they're good enough to take on the Rare Hunters and good enough to be happy with themselves."
                  She sighed and turned turned away from Hazaki and huffed. "Besides, I'll admit it too, I don't like this guy. The last blond-haired pretty boy I trusted ditched me in a ruin and tried to destroy the world with my best friend's deck."

Sylar couldn't help but facepalm the instant Asher finished her speech. So that was why she was getting assertive. She had trust issues... "God I hate my life..."

Aureus_Vanguard

IAreTehSpeechTeen

[ OOC:: Yay for hybrid posting! ]

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,975 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
Hazaki Korogi

Hazaki was quite shocked when Asher went off on him. Talking about how the tests are a load of crap, which he would have to agree upon, as much as he loves the card game and it's lore, it is very easily broken and get boring when people use the same decks and xyz's all the time, even bringing up how duelist were bullied because they could not win which went back to his younger days when he would build decks from packs of cards but had never amounted to anything because it was not meta, and that is exactly what Hazaki was here to teach. Her last statement hurt Hazaki, but he was going to let it slide. No reason to defend himself.

"First i must say that i agree with these tests, and that the duelist should make the deck, not the other way around. So i will admit that my statement was wrong on that point. Why do you think i am here? I could not care to much about this broken game, nearly everyone uses the same cards or anything that is meta." he pulled out his two deck pouches. " i will never touch anything that is meta, the lower archetypes needs attention as well. Plus." he stated placing the pouches back at his side. "Sending students into harms way is not appropriate and i do not agree with this buddy system or the headmaster, why we do not use the law enforcement instead of playing the terrorists at their own game baffles me. But alas, there is nothing i can do but teach the students to build stronger minds, not decks. That and protect them, Slifer, Ra, or Obelisk. They are students and i am a teacher." he frowned. He didn't not want to start a fight not with Asher, not with a duelist who he studied and respected when he got back into the game a few years ago.

Aureus_Vanguard
Euphoria-Cyran

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas