Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dear Sweetie's Kouhai

Friendly Detective

10,400 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                                        Where / / Streets tab With / / Samuel tab Feeling / / Indifferent & Nauseous tab OOC / / Sorry! It's a bit bad

Mornings were never his thing. Chilly morning air and the sweet twittering of birds were a nuisance and surrounded him as he sat out on the porch. It was the only way he could wake up properly and become more alert; to get himself ice cold until he couldn't take it anymore. Before a quick smoke would help the whole process but right now he was trying to kick the old habit in the a** and stop. Yet it was harder than it seemed. Having just started a week ago, the lack of nicotine in his system was causing nausea and headaches; leading to an even grumpier Remus if that was even possible. "Will you shut up?" Throwing a pebble at a pair of squawking birds on his lawn, he rolled his eyes as the feathered annoyances flew off. Good riddance too, because if they hadn't his head would have exploded.

As his fingers twitched and his head continued to ache, an irritated sigh left him and finally the librarian owner pushed himself from the porch swing and left the property. It was about time he did something anyways. With Desideria starting school it was up to him man the shop all by himself; he even would have to deal with dim-wits by himself. "Perfect. Just perfect" Muttering under his breath, the man zipped up his coat and was about to place his hand in his pockets when his eye caught sight of a familiar item on the sidewalk, a wallet. One brow raised and patting both pockets; it was clear that it wasn't his. Bending down and grabbing it he casually flipped it open and sighed. The identification was that of a Samuel Andrews, a name and face he recognized easily. From trips to the grocery store or walks around the town, Remus had seen the man but had never really known his name, only the fact that they bought the same brand of laundry detergent. Quickly scanning the area for any sign of him, he saw no hide nor tail of him until the moment he rounded the corner.

"Hey." Raising his voice slightly louder than the norm, Remus was able to force himself into a small jog to catch up with him. "You dropped this by my house," He started, holding out the man's missing wallet with the typical nonchalant expression on his face. In theory yes, he could have kept it for himself. Money wasn't exactly something he had a lot of but one standing factor remained. His mother would have skinned him if he hadn't; even if she wasn't among the living anymore. "Keep a better hold of your things. I assure you, next time you won't be as lucky."" Forming a frown, he stuffed his hands into his pockets finally before continuing on his way. If he was lucky, maybe the guy would just continue on his own way; not start a conversation that he would have to pretend to be moderately interested in.

Toyhe-N-Cosplayer

Conservative Werewolf

10,425 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image
User Image

ALL YOU EVER WANTED WAS A PART OF ME THAT I COULDN'T FAKE
                                          ═════════════════════════════════════
                                          I NEVER MADE IT EASY SHAPE MY HEART BUT IT'S NOT BEATING NOW

There wasn't really any clue as to how long Zara had been sitting in her seat before people began flooding in. It was a slow trickle at first and then the mad dash as student began trying to hurry in so as not to be late. A soft voice came from beside Zara and she looked up to see a girl with beautiful platinum blond hair. Her first instinct was to duck her head or look away but she refrained. New people were great but she wasn't at her best so making a friend here might not go as easily as she'd hope for it to. Nonetheless she put a smile on and looked over at the girl again. "Hello, it's nice to meet you too Desideria. I'm Zara." She paused and looked down at her desk for a moment as she pondered what to say next. Introductions were always the hardest for her because she was never really sure of what to say. What was there to really say?

"So...any classes you're really excited about this year? I'm personally looking forward to my creative writing class after this one," she offered. That probably sounded really stupid. But she couldn't think of very many questions that weren't incredibly intrusive nor could she think of anything other than questions about school. She was going to have to grab some coffee or something after this. There were two more classes and then she had a shift tonight at the diner. None of that was going to happen unless she got a nap or a rather large dose of caffeine.

OOC: God, this is such crap. I can't think very well at the moment though :/

Currently:
                                          Located: Classroom
                                          In The Presence Of: Desideria
                                          Feeling: drained
                                          Looking: New School Year

Conservative Werewolf

10,425 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User ImageUser Image

"Hiccup!" The light that was streaming in through Adrian's window was enough to make him cringe and pull back, one hand covering his eyes while the other reached over to shut the curtains. He sat up and fought back a wave of nausea that felt like the equivalent of the Great Flood. Must've been one hell of a night. I'll have to ask one of the twins what happened, he thought as she slowly slid out of bed and stumbled towards the door. Drinking was probably his favorite past time, if only because it made Adrian forget. So long as he was drinking, he couldn't stop to recall all of the times he'd spent with his beautiful Rose. He couldn't think of the life he might be living now if not for that burglar. And there was the past. Why couldn't it just leave him alone? Why did it always come back and dredge itself up. His eyes burned with unshed tears as he opened the shower curtain and turned on the water. What had he ever done to deserve this kind of pain? This unbearing anguish as he remembered once again just how much he'd lost over his lifetime, short as it was.

Adrian caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror and paused. There were dark circles under his green eyes and his hair was a mess. He knew that the mirror could talk that it would tell him what a trainwreck he was. The smell of alcohol was so overwhelming, even to himself, that he knew he'd probably gone way too far overboard last night. It was probably a miracle that he was alive and not in jail at the moment. Probably all thanks to Mengyao, more than likely. In terms of friends, Adrian didn't really have any unless you accounted for the Shang twins. And while it was nice, he also sometimes wished nobody really cared enough to keep him out of trouble. His mother had given up on his safety a long time ago when he'd lost Rose. Though he had a sneaking suspicion that she'd given up on it long before that. Probably even since the day he was born. After all, she gave birth to him knowing full and well what kind of a monster Captain Barbossa was. And she'd left him alone with the man all those times over all those years, knowing that the man was probably beating the child. As much as he loved his mother, there were days where he didn't think he'd miss her once she passed. It would just be another day to him. Though he'd probably pull another stunt like last night and come home even more drunk than normal. Loss leads to drinking and all that psychologist mumbo jumbo.

After another glance into the mirror, Adrian sighed and got in the shower. It wasn't like the water could wash away the pain or the terrible things he'd done since killing his father. No, he was too far beyond the point of return for something like that to work. But it did wash away the alcohol stench after a bit of washing and that was more than enough for him. Not that it really mattered since he was going right back out to drink some more anyway. But hey, at least he'd start off smelling good! And that would keep the cops off his back for at least a little bit. He grinned as he thought of all the times where he'd pulled a fast one on the cops as they attempted to arrest him. On more than one occasion they had wound up handcuffed to each other by a slight of hand. And he'd lost track of how many times he'd busted himself out. Yet still they tried. Which was perfectly fine by Adrian since it made life interesting.

He got out and dressed himself before heading downstairs. Violetta sat by the fire knitting just as she did every morning. Neither of them said a word to the other as he grabbed his coat and left the house. His first stop was the liquor store to get a bottle of whatever the hell sounded good to him.

Ali The Owl Bear's Significant Otter

User ImageUser Image

Cora’s morning was admittedly rather dull. So dull in fact she almost felt like doing something as insignificant as filing her nails. Maroon lips pursed together in thought as she flipped through the old, annoyingly dusty, book she was reading in the back of her store. She should have brought a bottle of wine with her, a nice glass of Dal Forno to go with this book. Foot tapping in concentration, her focus was eventually broke as the bell on the front door rung out. Closing the heavy book with a thud, she stood up from her seat. Hopefully, it was actually an intellectual customer and not someone surprised to see she didn’t have heads in glass jars. She was far fed up with anyone who assumed her reputation as a villain and a witch meant she went around sacrificing lambs on alters. So fed up she didn’t even bother trying to refute the idiots, she usually just scared them off by speaking of such things. She had to admit, it was amusing to watch them squirm.

Smoothing out her black skirt and checking her simple but elegant top, Cora came out from the back of the store to the front desk. Eyes giving the man a quick glance over, it didn’t take her long to recognize the ship maker. Even though Cora wasn’t exactly the social type she still made sure she was up to date on who all was living in their little town. She’d never actually spoken to him before though. Leaning on the counter, her fingers systematically tapped the polished surface. A single arched eyebrow rose at his question, almost hinting at amusement. In the beginning of the store’s days, she’d had trouble once with people deciding to try and vandalism her property, but swiftly put an end to that and never had trouble sense. Then again, she well built a reputation as not being someone to mess with. The people that weren’t idiots knew she was a woman of business and that she didn’t go around throwing spells like some fable villain. Those were the type of people she wanted to associate herself with, so the ignorant fear and rumors worked for her benefit.

“None of these items would do for such a trivial thing.” She didn’t have to even look to know that. She’d hardly let go of her superior wares for such a minor problem. Her family’s collection was something she took pride in, and not something that came by easily. “But you’re in luck, for I do believe I could help you…I could infuse a vanishing spell with some paint…of course, I need to make sure it doesn’t disappear your entire shop.” Turning around, Cora grabbed a small book out of a locked cabinet, flipping through it for a second before setting it down. “Completely doable, but everything has a price. And I’m hardly interested in money; I have plenty of that from ordinary wares. Nor do I have any use for your future first born.” Her face held the same expression throughout the sentence, making it near impossible to tell she was just joking about the last part. Babies were too much trouble anyway. “You run the boat shop, correct? I’m sure you get in all sort of older ships, ones that might have something of value to me hidden on them.” Putting the book away she turned back around and crossed her arms casually, albeit a bit defensive as well, and quickly glanced behind him to make sure no one else was coming in. "I don't expect you to know what is any good to me. So instead of having you haul a bunch of junk medal back here and waste my time, I'll just go with you and take a look. If you're interested, that is."

COMPANY x x Jerry xxx LOCATION x x Antique Shop xxx JOURNAL x x PLAYLIST

User Image

Akane Yue Valentine

Sparkly Fairy

User Image
User Image
                                            I'D TELL HER TO SPEAK UPxx ↳ ↳ ✖ xxTELL HER TO SHOUT OUT ▇▇▇ ▇ TALK A BIT LOUDER be a bit PROUDER
                                              xxxxxxxYOU CAN BE ❛ && ◜ ♔ ◞ BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL ANYTHING YOU WANNA BE ↲

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Piper Finch was so rudely awoken by a beam of bright morning sunlight hitting her right in the face, and as her eyes barely cracked open, she let out a grunt and rolled back over in an attempt to get back to the wonderful dream she’d been having. Escaping back into her head, where she could fly into clouds made out of cotton candy and fried chicken sounded way better than actually waking up and seeing regular, boring clouds.

Still, despite her strongest efforts to fade back out of consciousness, she just couldn’t get back to sleep. After lying there for a few minutes she decided to just give up, a large yawn escaping her as she sat up and scratched at her head. Her thick, curly blonde hair resembled a tumbleweed, but she paid no mind to the untameable afro. After letting out another grunt of protest, Piper swung her legs over the side of the bed and lifted her arms in a satisfying stretch before shuffling out of her bedroom and into the kitchen.

Since she technically wasn’t living at home, one would think she wouldn’t dare greet her housemates in her current condition; looking like a dandelion in a wrinkled camisole and Winnie the Pooh pajama pants, she certainly wasn’t a dream to look at as she murmured a drowsy greeting to Carter and Finlay. Still, she’d known her incredibly generous housemates since they were all kids, and she knew she’d looked worse before. For a moment she didn’t say anything – she simply made a beeline for the coffee pot on the counter and poured herself a steaming cup of joe before plopping herself down in a kitchen chair.

”Good morning,” Piper said as she added a borderline-disgusting amount of milk and sugar to her coffee and took a sip. Today was the first day of the fall semester at the college that she and Finlay attended, and she would have to head straight to work after her classes were over. Still, she didn’t mind being busy; Piper was the type of girl who positively hated just sitting around, and besides – she got to spend most of her day with Finn. They’d been inseparable for years, and college hadn’t changed their closeness one bit. ”I tried to go back to sleep, but I got hit by a Jesus beam right in my face. At least my first class isn’t until eleven – I think.

Hearing that Carter was planning on running to the grocery store, Piper perked up a little. ”I wish I could go, but I’ve gotta get ready. There’s no way I’m leaving the house with this hair,” She said as she continued to sip at her coffee. Normally Piper enjoyed helping Carter run errands; it was the least she could do for the girl for taking her in, after all. After living such a miserable life with her abusive b***h of a mother, moving in with the Darlings had been a wish come true. Piper tried to let them know how grateful she was on the daily, but today it was looking like she wasn’t going to be of much use. ”I’ll help with dinner tonight. We all know I can make a mean hot pocket.”

A playful smile dancing across her lips, Piper turned to Finlay and reached over to poke his cheek lightly. ”I wish you were coming with me. School without you is booooring,” She groaned, giving him a fake pouty face that he’d seen a million times. The feisty young mechanic often found herself feeling restless whenever she was missing her best friend and partner in crime, but she supposed she would live. It was only until the spring, after all. ”I’ll see you at work – then I’ll tell you all about my first day, and about how I made a bunch of new friends who weren’t dweebs like you.” She gave Finn a playful nudge against his arm as she spoke, her dull green eyes sparkling as she took another swig of coffee.

☆ ⊰ LOCATION ⊱ home ☆ ⊰ COMPANY ⊱ Carter and Finlay ☆ ⊰ MOOD ⊱ drowsy, content
                                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

That Girl Called Suki

sweet water roses

Ali The Owl Bear's Significant Otter

User Image
User Image

With furrowed brow and lips tightened in concentration, Finlay listened as his sister utterly refused the idea of using the money for her own education. If pursuing a higher education would make her happy, he could find a way to do that on his own two feet. But it wasn’t just the fact he wanted his sister to use the gift for her, there was also a part of him that just didn’t want to continue relying on her; some part of him that felt bad doing so, now that he was technically (barely) an adult and all. “You’re as stubborn as a three headed mule.” He finally remarked upon her finishing. Now, Finn had never seen a three headed mule, but he assumed it was far more stubborn than a one headed mule…and the picture seemed to fit his sister perfectly. “You’re saying you don’t want to go to college yourself? You want to work in that diner the rest of your life? You’re full of bullhockey, Sis.” Relaxing the rather puffed posture he’d taken on as she squeezed his hand, Finn released a long sigh. No amount of protesting was going to get him out of this, and it would make her happy if he just accepted it... “Fine, fine, you win. But I’ll get you back for this, mark my words.” Finn said, taking a few bites before waving the fork at his sister in a mock threatening manner. Really, it was all rather affectionate. And while she may just believe him to be joking, he was dead serious. He’d find a way to give her a gift just as meaningful, even if it took him some time to do so. That he was set on.

Shoving the rest of the scrambled eggs into his mouth, his cheeks were out like a chipmunk as he flustered and fidgeted some upon acknowledging defeat of the whole ordeal. “Thanks.” He mumbled with a mouth full, the gratitude coming out hardly audible but the point across. Despite the scowl across his features, he wasn’t upset, just stubborn…oh so terribly stubborn. Coughing and almost choking due to his lack of food-focused manners, Finn gulped down some water and swallowed hard, coughing once more to clear his throat. Leaving his own seat, he dropped the dishes in the sink before stretching his arms. “Why not? Got nothin’ better to do than terrorize unsuspecting shoppers.” He remarked, only half joking. “I should bring that fake blood left over from last Halloween, that’d be a hoot.” He wore a winning grin despite knowing his sister wouldn’t allow such antics giving the poor old ladies at the grocery a heart attack.

Finn’s plans for destruction were interrupted as he heard another pair of footsteps entering the kitchen just as his best friend dragged herself past them for the coffee, looking like she wanted to curse the morning sun. No matter how many times he saw her all disheveled with that tumbleweed hair of hers, he still found her to be the prettiest girl he’d ever laid eyes on. Not that he’d admit that to her— heaven forbid. “Morning, Sunshine.” Finn greeted, using his hands to lean partly on one of the empty chairs, raising an eyebrow as she dumped enough sugar to kill a cat in her coffee. “Want some coffee with your sugar milk?”

Rubbing his cheek that she soon poked, Finn gave her a smile. Despite her playful demeanor his heart tightened in his chest for a split second. He ignored it, as he always did. “You only gotta wait a few months, and then we’ll wreck havoc on all those bloody muppets.” He said lightheartedly, only grinning at her fake pout and remark. “Pfft! Whatever makes you feel better— we all know they’re not as cool as I am.” Finn snorted teasingly, nudging her back. “But if you don’t tame that plant growing from your scalp, it might eat all your new friends.” He teased, messing with her dandelion poof for a moment. He could say such things to her without worrying, knowing she knew he was just joking. There wasn’t a thing about her he didn’t like. Besides, if anyone else said something about her hair—or anything else about her—he’d uppercut them (or put cockroaches in their lunch, depending on his mood). The railing built teen may not look like a tough guy, but he was far too scrappy for his own good. Especially when it came to defending either of the two people he was bonded to…even if he lost fights more often than not.

COMPANY x x Carter & Piper xxx LOCATION x x home xxx JOURNAL x x PLAYLIST

User Image

That Girl Called Suki

primadonut

Dear Sweetie's Kouhai

Friendly Detective

10,400 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
User ImageUser Image

Where / / Enchanted Florist tab With / / Vivi tab Feeling / / Happy tab OOC / / N/A

To say the day had started on a real sour note was just the beginning of it all. Early in the morning when the sun was still sleeping, the small shop with all it's lights off had been peaceful and still; not a thing stirring. The day before had been a successful business day with a big order of gardenias being sent to the neighbouring kingdom. It wasn't often that such an order was made in her shop, in fact it had never happened before. So the prospect of it opening up opportunities put the owner to bed at ease. At ease until a brick went sailing through the shop's front window shattering the glass to pieces and sending her tumbling out of bed. Having not been the first time, all the florist could do is sigh and get to her feet. This wasn't the first time it had happened and judging by the lack of creativity in the vandalism it certainly wouldn't be the last.

Thus was how Camellia Gothel's morning started sour. From 5:02 AM she had been busy sweeping up broken pieces of glass trying her best to keep her bare feet from stepping on the unforgiving sharp material. In theory she could have waved her hand and used her magic instead of doing it the normal way, yet her sleepy eyes and tired body didn't mix well with her hay wire magic. Last thing she needed was to conjure up something worst in her store front.

After her third cup of coffee and a nibble on a piece of toast it finally seemed like Camellia was ready to go. It was 7:00 AM on the dot and with her tiredness at bay maybe now she could finally go about fixing the blasted window. "I'm getting way too old for this." With a yawn and a lazy wave of both hands, a soft pink glow emitted from them as a new window slowly began to form in front of her. Magic spells usually weren't successful with her. Her magic was an unbalanced mix of light and dark and it caused it to be finicky and stubborn with new spells, but this wasn't a new one. It was a spell the woman unfortunately went from using once a month to almost four times a week now. A crying shame it was that it had to be used for this and not something actually important.

The rest of the morning was spent tending to her flowers. A few customers stopped by for a flower here and there (One man bought a bouquet; either new love or an angry love) but other than that it was quiet without Vivienne around. The princess had a way of brightening up the shop just by being within a foot of the front doors and her voice was always welcomed, but unlike Camellia who was content with just running her shop Vivi had school and today was her first day back so the likely hood of seeing her today was rather slim. Her hands rather bored and with nothing to do began to mindlessly play with a pot of Gerberas. With a flick their red petals turned powder blue and another flick made them bright pink. All the colours of the rainbow she would turn these with nothing but her own creativity being the limit. It was only when they were light purple with white frosted tips did the bell on the door chime and an all too familiar voice filled the shop.

"Whooa now--" Bracing herself as arms were thrown around her, Camellia laughed and welcomed the hug by wrapping one of her arms around the younger woman and using the other to ruffle her hair. "And here I thought you'd be off to school leaving little ol' me to my flowers." Pressing her lips to her friend's forehead she grinned and leaned back against the counter behind her when she had free use of her body. "You talk as if this is something we do on occasion and not every other day! But I suppose if you're free tomorrow after you classes I could possibly squeeze you into my schedule." Right after she met the queen and married the duke of course. That was always the thing about her. While others would be rushing about trying to finish their list of things to do in the day, Camellia only had the shop to worry about which was hardly a worry. She was a free bird and the bar certainly knew how free spirited she could be.

Plucking the Gerberas she had been playing with prior, her eyes squinted as she looked for something else to add to her friend's little surprise. "What are you taking this term, Vivi? I don't think you've quite gotten around to telling me yet." Walking across the room to a planter filled with Baby's Breath, she only took what she needed before her hands got to work weaving. "You also need to tell me all about your weird professors and class mates. I love those stories." Biting down on her tongue as fingers expertly weaved, it took her all but five minutes to finish the flower crown in her hands. "There. A crown fit for a queen, m'lady." Giving a curtsy (A sloppy one really. She never did quite learn proper etiquette and all) gingerly she reached up and placed it on her best friends head of brown locks with a satisfied grin. "Perfect. You'll be the belle of the ball!"

Akane Yue Valentine

Dear Sweetie's Kouhai

Friendly Detective

10,400 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
User ImageUser Image

User Image

speaking color

It took Carter years to keep from flinching at comments like those. The diner and it's owners had been too kind to her; hiring her when she was only fourteen and understanding when she had to run off to a Finn Emergency. Everyone who worked there was like family and she loved them all, but Finn was right. Her parents weren't the only dreamers in the family and many nights when she was young she used to dream of going far away and bettering not just her own life but Finn's as well. Yet as the years went by, realization hit that two dreams were not possible. One would have to be sacrificed for the other and so Carter chose her own. Did she regret it? No, not one bit. Eleven years at the diner was well worth it since it led to this day. So be it that she was a three headed mule, at least she was one that had tried her best. "One day you'll thank this three headed mule. Maybe when I'm eighty and in my rocking chair, but it'll happen. Oh it will." Whether he actually would 'get her back' was beyond her. It was a sweet thing to say but all it caused was a ghost of a smile and a roll of her eyes.

A most welcomed nest of hair wandered into the kitchen after Finn agreed on their venture to the store. Piper hadn't been living with them too long, but it was an utter blessing to have her under their roof. In fact it was Piper that made it so that their roof was still there. As well as the door, a few windows and a little mishap with a few of the floorboards in the living room. Everything in this house was slowly being fixed by the girl that was like family. Was family. If it wasn't it was slathered in duct tape until the busy bee could get to it.

Snorting at the sarcastic remark Finn made towards Piper, it was a wonder the girl had any teeth at all what with her daily concoction of liquid sugar. Having tried it out of curiosity once herself the only satisfaction she got was when she chased it down with black coffee. Carter didn't touch sweets for a whole week after that mistake. "I'll keep you to your promise there, Rainbow." Giving a wink while leaning against the counter, a small glance at the clock told her all she needed to know. It was unnerving not doing something at every minute of the day. Like she was doing something wrong by not working. Yet as she watched the two lights of her life banter playfully a full smile reached her lips. Shopping could wait for just a moment, the shelves at the grocer wouldn't deplete themselves out of spite.

"I'm almost starting to regret allowing you two to be at the same school. I can already hear it-- 'Miss Darling please for the love of all that is good, control those two rapscallions!'" Lowering her voice in a poor imitation of a scolding old man, laughter quickly followed as she pushed off the counter and headed towards the door. "Early bird catches the worm, Finn. Let's leave Rainbow to her mane and get started terrorizing the town." Pushing the door open and strolling out, Carter knew if Finn was set on coming he'd either follow suit now or meet up with her later. "Have a good day at class, Piper!" Waving as she went, one beat up sneaker stepped in front of the other as a day of errands began.

Cleaning, groceries, and a few chores around the house was the entire plan for the day; meaning it was comfortable clothes all day. Jeans with the pants rolled up mid calve, a simple pink t-shirt, and those beat up sneakers she had since senior year that required duct tape on the bottom to keep them from falling apart. One of these days she would buy a new pair. One of these days.

User Image

W H E R E x / / x Darling-Finch home > Walking xxx W I T H x / / x Piper & Finn > Finn? xxx F E E L I N G x / / x Content

sweet water roses

primadonut

Omnipresent Fairy

__________________________________________________________

Jo sat with one leg crossed over the other on a small retaining wall outside of the library. In her lap rested a rather thick book that had obviously been around for quite some time as the corners of the cover were slightly frayed from so much use. Still, it was one of her favorite books and even though she’d read it a million times, a million and one didn’t make it any less special to her. Thick glasses covering the majority of her porcelain face, her eyes skimmed the lines of the pages she’d read so many times before. As the chapter came to an end, she let out a long, quiet sigh as her eyes, still fixed on the page, blurred until she was staring at nothing in particular and her mind began to wander, as it often did.

It was odd to her, really, that somehow she’d ended up being where she was. She wasn’t particularly social and she wasn’t the type of person to have a lot of friends, or even a single friend for more than a few weeks before that person found something better to do. She supposed that’s partially why she was feeling so flighty. It didn’t help that her utter infatuation with her newly self-proclaimed boyfriend was stronger than any she’d felt before; that just made her more apprehensive. Still, she was doing her best to push her negative thoughts aside and be a little more optimistic about things. She hoped that he meant what he said when he declared that he wanted to be exclusive with her. She didn’t know how she’d take it if things fell apart this time. She had somewhat of a bad track record with falling apart along with the relationships she’d had in the past, and her recovery time was absolutely horrible.

It didn’t really help that she was at risk into turning into a human ice sculpture if she didn’t wear specially-enchanted sweaters to keep her warm. That was a big secret of hers, one that she hadn’t really cared to share the details of with Xavier yet, either. No matter how warm it was outside, she was always wearing some sort of quirky cardigan with kittens or lightsabers stitched into it, and she’d just played it off that she really loved sweaters. She didn’t want him to worry about her freezing over and dying over night or something. That, alone, had cost her a few friendships in the past and she was oh so terrified of scaring the feral man off.

Reaching into the pocket of her cardigan, Jo pulled out a tube of vanilla chapstick and let it glide across her full lips before rubbing them together and letting out another sigh as she turned to close her book and replace it in her large leather owl-shaped messenger bag. She needed to stop dwelling on the cons and focus more on the cons—like the fact that she had a smokin’ hot boyfriend and that he really loved to cuddle. The mere thought of it put a faint smirk on her face causing a small silent chortle to rise in her throat. Sometimes all she could do was laugh at herself. Even for being as introverted as she was, she realized every once in a while that she was just as much of a sensitive, loving female as any other.

“Mm… I think I could go for tacos right now,” she abruptly mused to herself as she looked thoughtfully up at the sky.

YOU CAN FIND ME - outside the library
                                                                      ALONGSIDE - no one right now
                                                                      FEELING A BIT - contemplative and hungry

primadonut

Omnipresent Fairy

Greta couldn’t believe she was late for the first day of school! Okay, that was a lie; Greta could totally believe that she was late. That was just like her, and after all, it was the first day back and he schedule was all kinds of messed up because of break. Still, ten in the morning was almost half of the school day! How many classes had she missed so far? Not to mention, it was her senior year. Maybe they’d be lenient on her because she was a senior now. Everyone thought upper classmen got special privileges, anyway. Sleeping in should be one of them!

At this point, the ginger-headed young girl was kicking herself, but not because she was running late. She was kicking herself due to the fact that it was a brick autumn morning and she’d decided to wear shorts to school like a genius and that breeze felt just wonderful on her exposed legs. As she quickly walked down the sidewalk towards her school, her shoulders shrugged up around her cheeks while her hands burrowed into the pockets of her windbreaker jacket, desperate for some warmth.

When she finally arrived at school, her cheeks were rosy from the sharp breeze on her long walk and it appeared that classes were still in session. “Ugh, if I go in now, I’ll get caught for being late and get detention,” she huffed, her thin lips pouting as she leaned against the brick wall. “I might as well just hang out here until the bell rings, and then I can slip into my next class—unless it’s lunch. Man, I hope it’s lunch,” she cooed to herself. She wasn’t even at school yet and she was already dreaming about taking a break!

That was just how Greta worked, though. She’d rather be anywhere else but school. She wanted to go out on a daring adventure in the forest, not sit in a boring old class learning about adventures. Mostly, she just had a hard time focusing. Still, school was the best place for her to try and make more friends, and she could definitely use a few more of those with her snobby sisters looming about. Luckily, they were all graduated, so she finally would have a safe place from them at school this year…

YOU CAN FIND ME - lurking on the school grounds
                                                            ALONGSIDE - no one in particular
                                                            FEELING A BIT - lazy and tired; ready for lunch!

sweet water roses

Sparkly Fairy

User ImageUser Image

LOCATION: college campus xxxxxxx COMPANY: Beatrice xxxxxxx MOOD: content-ish
                                                                          ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
                                                                          Cecelia couldn't help but emit a halfhearted snort at Beatrice's awful pun and her failed attempt at winking. "You're so awkward," She said with a small smile to show that she was joking. When she did have a sense of humor, most of the time it was so brash that people couldn't tell if she was being serious or not. Though she and Bea had known each other for years and knew pretty much everything about each other, she showed that she was kidding simply out of force of habit.

"I would've been here earlier if the line at Starbucks hadn't been so chaotic," She complained, taking a slightly disgruntled sip of the coffee in her hand. "I forgot how obsessed college students are with coffee -- me included. This s**t is so much better than your smoothie." The tip of her tongue flicked out of the side of her mouth to lap up a stray glob of whipped cream on her top lip, and as Beatrice exploded into a fit of hiccups, Cecelia nonchalantly used her free hand to give her best friend a hard pat on the back that would hopefully shake her of the spasms.

As Beatrice spoke up about defending her against the judgements of their fellow classmates, Cece simply gave a small "humph" of acknowledgement. "Eh, whatever. I'm past the point of caring what people think about me; it's not like I'm interested in being friends with anyone besides you, anyway," She admitted, a bit of genuineness leaking past her bored tone. She'd never needed anyone's approval before, and Bea's was the only that she actually cared about. Cece was confident enough in herself that she knew that she didn't need to have a ton of friends to be happy.

Cecelia let a laugh escape once Beatrice had spoken, her bright green eyes twinkling a little as she finished off the last of her coffee and tossed it into the trash. "Losers, every one of them. Clearly they don't know talent when they see it," She said, her voice dripping with lighthearted sarcasm. Her hand automatically reached up to find Bea's wrist when her best friend put her arm around her. She wasn't like this with anyone else; only Bea knew how Cece really was, and if anyone tried to be this chummy with Cecelia they were quickly shot down.

"Because I'm just soooo busy looking at boys all day long," She said with a dramatic fake sigh. "None of these guys are worth our time. Now, the day a fine-looking man comes through here with a nice suit, a winning smile and a bank account bigger than his d**k allegedly is, you know I'll be all over that."
                                                                          It was a widely-known fact that Cecelia Briar was most definitely not interested in dating; most people knew that, but the guys who didn't know and were brave enough to actually approach her were promptly ignored. She couldn't even remember the last time she'd had a petty crush on a boy, but romance wasn't something she predicted would be in her near or distant future.

"Ugh, we should probably start walking to class. Figures it's practically on the other side of the damn campus," Cecelia groaned as she stood and dragged her best friend to her feet as well. Grabbing her purse and her stack of books, she flipped a few silky black curls over her shoulder and began leading the way, her free hand finding Bea's again out of habit. Though there were plenty of new, young faces that passed by as they walked, Cecelia wasn't really interested in any of them. She was simply here to get an education and spend time with Beatrice. "I want more coffee...do you see a stand anywhere?" Even though it was already almost 10:30, Cecelia had never really been much of a morning person.

User Image

That Girl Called Suki

Omnipresent Hunter

11,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
User ImageUser Image

Most of his morning had been spent working, Rye had gotten up at nearly four in the morning and prepared for the day, donned his uniform and clocked in. Rosegate was a nice little community, but there were certainly some people that felt the need to… sully it. Rye was very much aware of the “heroes” that were tormenting the “villains” and the “villains” that just wanted to get on with their lives regardless of who their parents were. That didn’t mean he went out of his way to stop it however. He knew what was happening, but he had to be there when it happened to really be able to do anything about it. So when he heard about the brick that had been thrown through the florist’s window, he frowned. There was nothing he could do. It was bad enough that the police generally avoided the bad side of town to begin with, only venturing in when they absolutely had to or when they thought they were protecting an “upstanding citizen.” So Rye had long since made it his job to patrol everywhere.

That was how he came across what looked like a teenager sitting on a curb with his head in his hands. Rye blinked once, but it was clear that the kid didn’t really belong on the side of the street and he looked stressed. Fortunately for the kid, Rye wasn’t the type to turn a blind eye and made his way over. "You alright, kid?” He looked down at the kid and quirked an eyebrow, waiting for a response though it was fairly easy to see that no, this kid was not alright. His eyes looked red and he seemed a bit exhausted. "You lost? I can help you out.” Just looking at the tiredness on the boy’s face was enough to make the office crave some coffee and he wasn’t too big a fan of pick-me-ups.

It only took a moment for the kid to look up and nod, eyes wide with what Rye thought to be relief. "If you know where you’ve got to go, I can get you there. Is there any reason you’re out here and lost?” It wasn’t too terribly often that people got lost. Rye, at least, wasn’t the one stumbling across them. In this case though, he was glad that the poor kid was just lost and he didn’t have to call in asking about any missing persons. Lost kids were never a good thing. It hardly took more than a few moments and a glance at the address for Rye to shake his head once and feel completely sorry for the poor kid. He was looking for a house in one of those in between areas, not really good or bad. The only problem was that Rye was pretty sure the only occupant of that address in particular was a drunk and in no position to be taking care of a teenager. While that wasn’t his call, it looked like the kid had already had one hell of a day, so it was the least the officer could do to try and brighten it up a bit. "I’m about to go on a break, how about you come with me and I get you something to eat before we get you over to Sunny Meadows Road?”

Where : Town
                                                  With : Noah
                                                  Mood : Concerned yet hungry

That Girl Called Suki

Omnipresent Hunter

11,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
User ImageUser Image

Whatever she had thought would happen after introducing herself to the young woman, it certainly wasn’t a conversation, but it turned out to be just that and an awkward one. Desideria stared at Zara for a moment, wondering just how she was supposed to respond. A few more people trickled into the classroom a bit late and most of the room had begun speaking with their neighbors. A dull roar surrounded the two women, far too much noise for Desideria, she much preferred the quiet of the library. Fortunately though, Zara asked about classes that Desi was particularly looking forward too and the younger woman chewed on her lower lip thoughtfully for a brief moment before responding with a small shake of her head.

"Not this semester. I’ve only just started college.” All her classes were the requirements to get through. She had not signed up for a single class that she could consider fun, at least not yet. It would take a few semesters before she could get all the boring classes out of the way and get started on the ones that would actually hold her interest for a short period of time. "Creative writing? I didn’t know that was offered here.” That did sound interesting, but Desi much preferred reading to writing and was certain that she didn’t have the emotional capacity to create believable characters or the plot twists that made most things interesting.

She paused for a few more seconds, trying to think of a way to continue their conversation, if only to be polite, but nothing was coming to mind. She could have said that she preferred working to being at school, but most people would have stared at her with pity or laughed at her. Working in the library was lovely, even her boss didn’t seem to mind her less than adequate customer service, but school meant being surrounded by people that expected her to make some sort of expression on her face or develop some sort of attachment to the other people present. Desideria was not ready for such a commitment. Fortunately though, something did eventually come to mind. "What type of stories do you like to write?” At the very least she could speak of something that seemed to interest the both of them, even if it was very awkward.

((OOC: Sorry it took me so long to respond! School and work were taking over my life for a while there. Hope this post is okay.))

Muzik_Freek

Omnipresent Hunter

11,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Popular Thread 100
User ImageUser Image

He lifted a brow at the woman as she spoke and resisted the urge to shake his head at her. They were both considered villains because of their parents, but Jerry hardly thought that actually mattered. Not when there were children of heroes out there acting like little pricks and vandalizing shops because they couldn’t come to their own conclusions about people. Perhaps he was a bit bitter about the reputation that had been placed upon his shoulders, but he didn’t want to bother going through the trouble of proving people wrong, they would never believe it anyway, so he continued to pretend he was the biggest a*****e around, at some point, it became less pretend and more actuality. "Do you appraise all your antiques here?” The only question he bothered to ask. It only took a moment for the woman to give him a brief and almost offended looking nod. "Good. I don’t take amateurs on antique ships. Idiots would break something.”

Whether people believed it or not, Jerry took his work very seriously. He might not have been a professional antique appraiser or anything of the sort, but he knew his ships and he wouldn’t let anyone with less than exceptional talent touch anything on them. This woman was taking care of her own shop and he didn’t need to realize the full value of everything up front to know that she was doing quite well on her own. That and she had her own reputation as a witch, the reason he came to her looking for magic paint. He nodded once signifying that he was indeed interested and headed for the door. "I’ve got a couple antiques in the boathouse right now, you can come take a look after you’ve locked up.” He called it a boathouse but it was really a large shack overlooking part of the docks, big enough to house three full ships. He’d acquired it after a long time of saving and done a lot of the work on the building himself. Jerry didn’t give a damn about what the outside looked like, but he’d kept the place locked up tight and made sure no one could get inside and mess up the old ships. He wasn’t particularly short tempered but messing with antique ships would quickly blow through his fuse.

They were down at the boathouse fairly quickly and he unlocked the door, let her in and locked it back up. The place was too big for him to know if someone walked in after they were on one of the ships looking at some of the antiques. "This one’s about a hundred and fifty years old, but if you’re lookin’ for something exceptional, we should start on the last one I got in. It’s not as old, but the previous owner was a fairly famous pirate, he kept all sorts of expensive junk on board, couldn’t bear to part with it. Anything magical and worth your time will be on that one.” He walked her past the first two ships and motioned to the third as it came in sight. It was a beautiful old ship, painted to look nearly blood red with gold railings and beautiful mermaid figurehead.

sweet water roses

Sparkly Fairy

User ImageUser Image
                                                                          LOCATION: outside the library xxxxxxx COMPANY: Jo xxxxxxx MOOD: content/lazy xxxxxxx
                                                                          ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
                                                                          "s**t...shitshitshit..."

Although Xavier was perhaps the laziest person in town according to most, the soles of his shoes pounded against the ground as he ran toward the college campus at full speed. After waking up with barely enough time to get dressed and get to school and dealing with his piece-of-s**t car that refused to start, he'd been forced to wing it and take off running in the hopes that he'd be able to catch Jo before she had to head off to class. She probably wouldn't be happy that he was late; when the two were put side by side, she was definitely the more "responsible" one, but he at least had a bit of a consolation gift. The muffins he'd tried to bake the night before had been hurriedly stuffed into his backpack, and all he could do was hope that they wouldn't get squished beyond recognition by all of the other s**t in there.

Xavier despised running, for sure -- or anything related to exercise, for that matter -- but he was quickly learning that he was a pretty fast runner. It didn't take him long at all to sprint to school, and once he realized that he'd made it there with a bit of time to spare, he set off toward the library where he was sure Jo would be waiting like she always did. Though they'd been officially dating for about a month, the artist still found it to be a bit strange that he was in a committed relationship with someone. Jo hadn't seemed like the type who would be interested in a guy like him at first, but she'd quickly proven him wrong and even now, continued to surprise him with all of her little unexpected quirks and interests.

It had been a long time since Xavier had been in any sort of relationship, let alone one that went well. At best, over the past few years he'd done no more than have a drunken one-night stand here and there, no strings attached. Looking back on when he'd met Jo, he supposed he hadn't been expecting much; she was simply another friend with benefits, and they would eventually get tired of each other and move on with their lives. He hadn't at all expected to fall entirely head over heels for the quirky writer that did everything with such a quiet grace, he could've watched her all day long and never gotten bored.

Of course...he hadn't really figured out how to express that to her yet, though. Xavier had never really been good with words; he never minced them, and most definitely wasn't seen as much of a romantic type. Somewhere deep inside of him, there was some nagging fear that he'd tell Jo that he loved her and she would be like, offended by how disingenuous he sounded. He never dwelled on anything if he could help it, but there was just...something different about Jo.

As Xavier rounded a corner and made a beeline for the library, he caught sight of his girlfriend sitting outside, kind of just staring out into space as she often did. A devious smile creeping onto his lips, the artist skirted the edge of the building and came up quietly behind Jo, his footsteps silent like a prowler's. He closed the distance between them and gave her a surprise peck on the cheek, the coy smile spreading into a full-fledged grin as he moved around the edge of the bench and sat down next to her.

"Good morning," He purred, stretching his arms over his head and letting one of them drape affectionately over Jo's shoulders as he let his body relax a little. "Tacos, eh? I have the next best thing -- muffins. Want one? They're strawberry cheesecake." Reaching into his backpack, he pulled out the two muffins that were wrapped in saran wrap and, surprisingly enough, relatively unharmed. He handed one to her and unwrapped the other one for himself, sinking his teeth into it and giving a nod of satisfaction. "Mm. s**t, I suck at baking but these are pretty good."

"I know I'm late," Xavier said simply, not really bothering to offer much of an explanation. As he ate his muffin, he let his hazel eyes wander around and up to the sky. It was a nice day; one that he would've spent napping in the autumn sun or sketching, if he didn't have school. He was honestly surprised that he even cared about school enough to show up, but that was mostly thanks to being able to see Jo more often. "Meh...can we just nap on this bench together? I don't wanna move anymore." As he spoke, he rested his head against Jo's shoulder and pretended to nod off, though as he did, he actually felt himself getting a bit sleepy. Shaking his head to wake himself up, he fixed his half-open eyes on Jo's face and gave her a crooked smile.

Emmaleth

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff