Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Shoujo

User ImageUser Image

User Image

• When atomic fire consumed the earth, those who survived did so in great, underground vaults. When they opened, their inhabitants set out across ruins of the old world to build new societies, establish new villages, form new tribes. As decades passed, what had been the American southwest united beneath the flag of the New California Republic, dedicated to old world values, democracy and the rule of law.

As the Republic grew, so did its needs. Scouts spread east, seeking territory and wealth, in the dry and merciless expanse of the Mojave Desert. They returned with tales of a city untouched by the warheads that had scorched the rest of the world and a great wall spanning the Colorado River.

The NCR mobilized its army and set it east to occupy the Hoover Dam and restore it to working condition. But across the Colorado, another society had arisen under a different flag. A vast army of slaves, forged in the conquest of 86 tribes: Caesar's Legion.

Four years have passed since the Republic held the Dam, just barely, against the Legion's onslaught. The Legion did not retreat. Across the River, they gathered strength. Campfires burned, training drums beat. Through it all, the New Vegas Strip has stayed open for business under the control of its mysterious overseer, Mr. House and his army of rehabilitated Tribals and police robots.

You are a character in this story. Whether you're good, bad, or downright nasty is up to you. Maybe you're a ghoul. Maybe you're a dancer at Gomorrah. Maybe you've found yourself in the middle of some greater scheme, or maybe you're just trying to make a living for you and your companion pup. In the wasteland, you make the rules - and you tell the story.

XXXXXXXXXUser ImageXUser ImageX

Tipsy Shoujo

User ImageUser Image

User Image
                                      WELCOME TO THE MOJAVE DESERT.

It's hot as hell, dry as a radscorp's behind, and ready to kill you at any given moment. Really, though, that's what makes it awesome.

This roleplay, in a nutshell, is an open world post-apocalyptic romp with a situational focus on the well known video game Fallout: New Vegas. You are free to play whatever type of character with whatever type of goal or intention that you'd like. Please note that we are ALWAYS accepting new members.

This world is a big one so it's likely you'll have to do some plotting and planning with other roleplayers to help create the stories you want to tell - but that's part of the fun, isn't it? I'll always be here to throw some wrenches into the mechanics if things need help moving along, but in the end, you're the author of your very own story - or your very own demise. Who knows! The Mojave is a fickle mistress.

I'm your friendly host, roleplay creator, and admin, Ille. Any questions or concerns you have can be directed my way. I'll be happy to help you find your little slice of paradise in the wastes.

Can't wait to see what you do out there, chiiiiiiiiildren.

REMEMBER...

User Image

Tipsy Shoujo

User ImageUser Image

User Image
                                      GENERAL

I. Follow the Gaia ToS. This means keeping things PG-13. What does PG-13 mean? Sex can happen, but it can't be explicit - say something flirty, then cut to black. Swearing is okay, but it can't be excessive. Violence is acceptable, but try not to be disgusting. It's not too hard to figure out.

II. Be respectful to each other. If you have an issue with someone else, PM me about it. We'll twerk things out.

III. Have fun. Don't take anything too seriously, including yourself.

POSTING

I. This roleplay is lazy-lit. Try and post at least three paragraphs per post. Going beyond that is definitely welcome and preferred but the focus will be to move posts and action along quickly more so than having novel-length posts every two weeks.

II. Activity is important. At least one post per week is required, but it's way preferable that you're posting in the main thread every other day. Posting in the OOC also is not required but is definitely preferred - a positive OOC presence helps build a positive IC presence.

III. Plain text posts aren't cool - they're boring. You don't have to go all out, but some sort of color scheme and posting layout is required. If coding those things is outside of your typical wheelhouse, message me and I'll help you with them.

CHARACTERS

I. All player characters should be OC's. You can reference existing New Vegas characters as NPC's, but that's it.

II. You are allowed to have up to three separate characters in this roleplay. You will not be able to reserve a new one until the profile and introductory post for the previous character(s) are completed. This isn't required, but is available for those who want to play characters of different genders or races in this landscape.

III. When filling out a reserve and profile, please use anime or otherwise not-real images for your face claims. No real life models or celebrities, please

IV. Make sure to read the "How to Join" post for information on reserves and profiles. If you don't, I'll make you drink from the toilet until you die from radiation poisoning.

V. Remember that not everyone in the wasteland is NOT a vault dweller or a treasure hunter - there's a whole world out there. If your character idea seems too generic, don't take offense if I bring up concerns. I promise if there are things I'm worried about, I'll work with you to fix them.

Tipsy Shoujo

User ImageUser Image

User Image
                                      A STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO JOINING THIS ROLEPLAY

Don't worry, it's pretty damn easy.

I. Go to the Profiles thread and take a look at all the existing characters in the roleplay to make sure your idea doesn't resemble someone else's too closely.

II. Fill out a reserve for your character and PM it to me with the subject being "YOUR CHARACTER NAME - FALLOUT RESERVE". I promise to either approve your character or PM you with questions within 24 hours (considering how often I'm online, it will likely be a lot less time than this, but I want to give myself a buffer just in case) of any reserve postings.

III. Once your reserve has been accepted, you will have ONE WEEK to finish your character profile completely. Once it's done, PM it to me for review. I'll respond within 48 hours letting you know if there are any problems and once it's approved, will post it in the Profiles thread for others to see. Boom, simple. Profiles won't be too in depth so I don't expect this to be a problem for anyone and am more than willing to be understanding if you message me asking for an extension for one reason or another.

IV. Reserve accepted? Profile complete? Get posting, ya dingbat.

CHARACTER RESERVE

[align=right][imgright]http://i.imgur.com/bupzJHF.jpg[/imgright][list][list][list][align=right][align=left]
                                      [list][list][list][list][size=10.5][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/06bSCxK.jpg[/IMG]

[COLOR=#A45036][U]USERNAME:[/U][/COLOR] Your username here.
                                      [COLOR=#A45036][U]NICKNAME:[/U][/COLOR] If there's a different name you'd like us to call you OOC, please let us know here.
                                      [COLOR=#A45036][U]TIME ZONE:[/U][/COLOR] What time zone will you be posting from?
                                      [COLOR=#A45036][U]AVAILABILITY:[/U][/COLOR] How often do you plan on being able to post? Are there any consistent obligations we should know about?
                                      [COLOR=#A45036][U]ROLEPLAY SAMPLES:[/U][/COLOR] Please link to at least one recent roleplay sample here so I can have an idea of the way you write.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ysgJG88.jpg[/IMG]

[COLOR=#A45036][U]FULL NAME:[/U][/COLOR] Pretty self explanatory.
                                      [COLOR=#A45036][U]AGE:[/U][/COLOR] Pretty self explanatory.
                                      [COLOR=#A45036][U]SPECIES:[/U][/COLOR] I'm sure most of you will be humans, but if you'd like to do something offbeat like an intelligent deathclaw, smart robot dog, ghoul, et cetera., you're welcome to.
                                      [COLOR=#A45036][U]GENDER:[/U][/COLOR] Pretty self explanatory.
                                      [COLOR=#A45036][U]APPEARANCE:[/U][/COLOR] Please link to at least one image you plan on using as a character reference here.
                                      [COLOR=#A45036][U]PERSONALITY:[/U][/COLOR] You don't have to write a lot - just a few positive and a few negative personality traits here.
                                      [COLOR=#A45036][U]STORY:[/U][/COLOR] Once again, you don't have to type a lot - just give me an idea of the sort of character you're hoping to create using a paragraph or two of text.
                                      [/size]
                                      [SPOILER]Put any addition questions or concerns regarding the roleplay or your character here.[/SPOILER]

PROFILE SKELETON

[imgright]http://i.imgur.com/DYqZV5H.png[/imgright][imgright]http://i.imgur.com/DYqZV5H.png[/imgright][align=right][align=left]
                                      [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][imgleft]http://i.imgur.com/6zn9QSl.jpg[/imgleft][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [size=21][b][color=COLOR1]FIRST MIDDLE LAST[/color][/size][/b]
                                      [color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][size=14] THREE WORD DESCRIPTION
                                      [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][imgleft]http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i368/cieratzogas/line.jpg[/imgleft][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][size=10][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]
                                      [img]http://i.imgur.com/0ItNzCK.jpg[/img]

[color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]NICKNAME[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] NICKNAME
                                      [color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]GENDER[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] GENDER
                                      [color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]SPECIES[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] SPECIES
                                      [color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]AGE[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] AGE
                                      [color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]PROFESSION[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] HOW DO YOU MAKE CAPS?

[color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]WEIGHT[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] IN LBS.
                                      [color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]HEIGHT[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] IN FT./IN.
                                      [color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]BUILD[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] BODY TYPE
                                      [color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]SKIN TONE[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] DESCRIBE
                                      [color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]HAIR[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] COLOR
                                      [color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]EYES[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] COLOR

[color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]TATTOOS[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] LINK TO IMAGE(S) OR NONE
                                      [color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]PIERCINGS[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] DESCRIBE
                                      [color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]PRIZED POSSESSIONS[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] LINK TO IMAGE(S) OR BRIEFLY DESCRIBE
                                      [color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]WEAPONRY[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] LINK TO IMAGE(S) OR BRIEFLY DESCRIBE
                                      [color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]WARDROBE[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] LINK TO IMAGE(S) OR BRIEFLY DESCRIBE

[img]http://i.imgur.com/L7JuDqa.jpg[/img]
                                      [size=11]
                                      Tell us your character's story here. Be as vague or detailed as you'd like, but try and write at least two decent paragraphs. Tell us your character's story here. Be as vague or detailed as you'd like, but try and write at least two decent paragraphs. Tell us your character's story here. Be as vague or detailed as you'd like, but try and write at least two decent paragraphs. Tell us your character's story here. Be as vague or detailed as you'd like, but try and write at least two decent paragraphs. Tell us your character's story here. Be as vague or detailed as you'd like, but try and write at least two decent paragraphs. Tell us your character's story here. Be as vague or detailed as you'd like, but try and write at least two decent paragraphs. Tell us your character's story here. Be as vague or detailed as you'd like, but try and write at least two decent paragraphs. Tell us your character's story here. Be as vague or detailed as you'd like, but try and write at least two decent paragraphs. [/size]

[size=10][img]http://i.imgur.com/0ooL4wh.jpg[/img]

[color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]POSITIVE TRAIT HERE[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] BRIEFLY DESCRIBE
                                      [color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]POSITIVE TRAIT HERE[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] BRIEFLY DESCRIBE

[color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]NEGATIVE TRAIT HERE[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] BRIEFLY DESCRIBE
                                      [color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]NEGATIVE TRAIT HERE[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] BRIEFLY DESCRIBE

[img]http://i.imgur.com/zIIqSft.jpg[/img]

[color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]SEXUALITY[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] SELF-EXPLANATORY
                                      [color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]INTEREST IN ROMANCE[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] CAN YOUR CHARACTER BE WOOED?

[color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]LIKES[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] LIST AT LEAST FIVE LIKED THINGS
                                      [color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]DISLIKES[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] LIST AT LEAST FIVE DISLIKED THINGS

[color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]FEARS[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] LIST AND BRIEFLY DESCRIBE AT LEAST TWO FEARS
                                      [color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]GOALS[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] LIST AND BRIEFLY DESCRIBE AT LEAST TWO GOALS/ASPIRATIONS

[color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]THEME SONG[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] YOUTUBE LINK HERE
                                      [color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]VOICE[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] YOUTUBE LINK TO CHARACTER VOICE CLAIM HERE

[color=COLOR1] [color=COLOR2]▇[/color] [b]AND SO ON...[/b][/color][color=white]xx[/color] ADD ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION YOU'D LIKE US TO KNOW HERE

[/size]
                                      [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=9][b]USERNAME[/b][/size]

If you want to make any small stylistic changes to the character profile skeleton, feel free. Just try not to change it completely and make sure it includes the same required information.

Tipsy Shoujo

User ImageUser Image

User Image
                                      Find links to all existing profiles for characters involved in this roleplay.

If an image does not have a clickable link, then that character is currently reserved without a complete profile.

MALE

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

FEMALE

ETC.

Tipsy Shoujo

User ImageUser Image

User Image
                                      This roleplay is based on the Fallout: New Vegas installation of the Fallout franchise. Because of that, any information on potential weaponry, items, or similar items can be found in the existing Fallout wikipedia. We won't be too harsh with details so if you want your character to use weaponry from a previous game, that's fine - but all locations and factions will be New Vegas specific.

MAP

Click on the image below for a much larger version of the New Vegas map for reference.

User Image

LOYALTIES

Here are some quick links to where your characters loyalties could lie. This is the apocalypse, however, so having a character loyal to any single person or group isn't necessary.

Caesar's Legion
                                      New California Republic
                                      Mr. House
                                      Boomers
                                      Brotherhood of Steel
                                      Followers of the Apocalypse
                                      The Great Khans
                                      Gun Runners
                                      Van Graffs
                                      The Kings
                                      Powder Gangers

...and a few others, as well.

MONEY

You pay with things using bottle caps or barter. For sake of simplicity, we'll pretend that NCR dollars as well as Legion and Pre-War money don't exist.

If anyone messages me with questions about specific details we may or may not be paying attention to within this roleplay, I will update this section with relevant information for any newcomers.

Tipsy Shoujo

User ImageUser Image

User Image
                                      1/24 - Working on stuff, yo.

1/28 - Open and accepting applications. First posts will go up by 1/5.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff