Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you are not invited, and you join, I will smite you with a sparkly Spork.

Storyline

The time of Creatures is upon the world. Humans are few and far between, and living in fear of their animalistic counterparts. Creatures thought to be myth in the present day roam free throughout the world, claiming forests, hills, and vast areas of open land for themselves. The small settlements of humans are set far from the habitats of the more dangerous creatures, such as dragons.

A small town, of no more than 100 people rests somwhere near the ocean, quiet and tranquil. Until, the hunters of the town set out and killed a small dragon for food. To say the least, the rest of the clan weren't very pleased about this arrangment. Almost the whole town was bulldozed during the rampage, no more than 20 individuals surviving. Anger rose amongst them, the will for revenge increasing with every passing day that they tried to rebuild their lives from the rubble that was left of their homes.

A clan of Phoenix's seem to be the only creatures that are willing to help the inhabitants of the once-was town. They sing in the trees, to inject hopes into the hearts of the lost, and heal any wounds that have been aquired with thier peral tears. They trail after our following adventurers, helping them in any danger they get themselves caught up in.

Fed up with sitting around and doing nothing, a select few of the survivers set off to start anew elsewhere, braving the perilous(sp?) journey to find their dream. A new life, away from the skeleton of their past ones. They will travel the highest mountains, search the lowest valley, trying their best to stay alive with what they have. It will be difficult, but they have the athletic, and mental ability to survive. They hope...

Character Profile

Full name: Jasmaine Froste
Race: Human, obviously.
Description: Short, crudely cut dirty-blonde, with longer bangs sits upon her head, hanging down over her eyes slightly at the front in spikes. Her eyes are dark, and haunted, once an innocent powder blue, dimmed by the things she has seen in life, to a mystic ocean blue. She is a tall woman, usually dressed in baggy clothing, that compliment her figure in no way whatsoever. Usually, a rough-woven pair of black trousers, a similar t-shirt type top, and dragon-hide boots, weapons concealed here, there, and everywhere. All home-made weapons, mind you. She wears a light grass-woven cloak over her shoulders, to fight off snow and cold, and also to act as a good, quick camouflage from creatures around her. A staff, to aid her in climbing, is always held in her right hand.
Weapons: Bow and arrow. Hand-made short sword. Poison darts/simple antidotes. Various daggers, made from copper.
Other: Prefers the night to the day, not only because of the cover it offers, but because of the changes that occur. Enjoys to play a small wooden flute she carries in her pocket.

I don't think I need to put rules here... do you? ^_^
Full name: Alice Meidu
Race: Human
Description: Alice wears rather baggy pants, and a baggy shirt. Both black. They are very worn and tattered, but he doesn't care. The only bit of clothing he wears that is not worn to the bone is a collar, Solid leather, and no decorations. Held together in the front by a worked metal ring. As far as his personality goes, he's more spur of the moment, both in learning about things, and telling people. It has been known that if he knows about something ahaid of time, he tries to rush it along to happen quickly, so he is usualy the last to know things.
Weapons: Alice has a morbid facination with cat like animals. So of the weapons he's made himself, he only uses a pair of claws that attach to the wrists. They've been designed to attach and detach quickly, from a holster type thing he's made and fassioned to the belt of his pants.
Other: He's a skilled (As skilled as someone who has to work with limited metals, mainly stone and bone) weaponsmith. He can repair or craft things out of materials he's familiar with. He made a small set of tools that are suitable for transportation, and a small bag to hold them in. They go everywhere with him. He prefers this over a set house or shop, because his spontanious nature makes him want to move around alot.

((I think that should cover it..))
Jasmaine mumbled to herself slightly, pulling her cloak over her shoulders quickly, fastening the small metal clasps at the collar. Laid out of the ground of her make-shift home, was a selection of items she would be taking with her on her journey to find a more suitable area to stay in. Thankfully, her family were few and far between, with no siblings, and both parents somewhere on the other side of the country, she had no one to answer to, or leave behind other than her friends, who knew of her flight. They had wished her luck the night before. But the older of the survivers would be sure to try and stop her. She didn't want that.

Sliding her weapons into their sheaths, hoisting her quiver onto her back, and picking up her staff, she glanced around about her, chewing on the inside of her bottom lip. From the few things she had left, she had much of it packed away into her pockets. In the way of food, she had a small pouch attached to her waist, holding bread, water, and a few pieces of dried meat. She would find more along the way.

"Well, that is everything..."

Pushing past the thin material flap she had that served as a door, she stepped into the early morning light. Many were still sleeping uneasily, no snores renting the air as they usually did. Many were probably dreaming badly, and waking up every couple of hours. She felt a pang of guilt, and sympathy for them, leaving them whilst she went to find a better life. Shaking her vision free of her bangs, she took a further few steps forward, and felt in her pocket. Yes, it was there. Her most treasured posession, a small wooden flute that never left her side, was nestled deep within the fabric of her trousers.

With a heavy heart, she watched the sun rise further above the horizon, wanting to spend as much time in her old town as possible. She may not have had any family here, but it held much sentimental value to the young woman. She couldn't wait long, however, she had to get going before people began awaking. It would be more difficult then.
Alice awoke early as well. He stumbled out of his sleeping area, and to his tools. He began cleaning them, and sorting them into their travel bag. Sparce had there been a time when his tools were not by his side. After they were in their home, he took one of them out, and re-sharpened his claws, putting them at his sides as they were finished.

After everything was situated, he mostly sat around his house for a few minutes, getting some food in his stomache, and drinking some of the fresh water he had. He waited for the daily chores from the Leader of their little "Tribe", which was mainly sharpen these weapons, make this for this person, and whatnot. Chores were not what he looked foreward to, but not being as skilled of a hunter as the rest, he dealt with it. It kept him fed.
She sighed, rubbing her eyes softly with the heels of her hands before turning to exit in the direction of a distant forest, only the tips of the pines visable on the horizon. The sound of shuffling in a nearby 'home' made her swivel her head around to it. Alice? Humming a gentle, theatrical tune, she walked toward it, and pulled back the thin material most other people had chosen to act as doors and peered inside.

"Hello ..."

She slid inside, sinking onto her knees by the 'door' and clasping her hands on her knees. She glanced around his housing area. As she had suspected, his was mostly full of weapons, crafted by his own hand. Daggers, arrowheads, bows, short swords. You name it, he made it. Some of it was crude, because of the limited supply of materials, because people were busy rebuilding, but otherwise, it was good craftsmanship. Jas (as I will refer to her herewith) glanced to him, speaking quietly as to not wake those around them.

"You are awake early... It has just passed dawn."
Alice looked to her as she entered. Nodded to her greeting, and looked about.

"Yeah, i know it's early. I figured i'd wake up a little earlier today so when [the leader] (don't have a name) Comes in to tell me what needs to be done, he's not interupting my eating as he usually does. So i got that out of the way, fixed up my claws, and here i sit."

After a moment of thought, he then spoke again to her.

"What about you? You're not usually up this early are you? You're a hunter, if i remember correctly, and forgive me if i don't. But even being a hunter this is still early. Something on your mind?"

He relaxed his seating from sitting on his legs, to stretching them out, and sitting normally. He didn't seem to be concerned much any more about when the leader will come in, and more on what Jas wanted to talk about.
Jas laughed slightly, not a humored laugh, simply a laugh to fill a space of silence, and nodded. She knew how he felt. Usually, she was awoken to be sent for food with the other few hunters they had left. It was really annoying, when you were finally getting sleep you had craved for so long.

"Yes, it can be irritating..."

She spoke softly, and quite detatched from the conversation as though he mind was elsewhere. She looked at him fully as he spoke again, and rubbed the back of her neck. She hadn't told him yet, she didn't want to have to say goodbye to him like everyone else. Taking a deep breath, she nodded.

"Yes, something is on my mind. This stupid situation we all find ourselves in. I was thinking - no, i'm going to leave this morning. I was hoping to go before everyone woke up, but I don't have much time before that happy event..."

She said sarcastically, her breath shaking slightly as she exhaled. She was not having fun at this moment in time. Not in the slightest. Picking at the twine that held the seams of her clothing together, she looked up to his face through a thin curtain of blonde curls.
"What?" He asked her. Shock came over him. "Where will you go? How are you going to survive out there without everyone else? You know the creatures that inhabit the forest. You should know them better than anyone, you hunt them."

He was hoping she wasn't serious. And that these thoughts would leave her as the morning would progress, though probably not.

"Does anyone else know about this?" He asked her.
She flinched at the sudden shock that crossed his facial features and sighed, looking toward the wall of his home. She couldn't look at his face anymore, he was scared for her, she could tell it easily in his voice. The soft quavering that sounded through his words, hidden almost expertly under his normal, strong speech.

"I'll go where my feet take me. It is the only thing I can do. I do not want to remain here and waste the rest of my life away living a dream that I know will never happen. We will not build this town again. I do know the creatures of the forest, and I also know how to kill them, which gives me an added advantage... Alice, I have to go."

She turned toward him again, with a quivering breath of her own and watched him, her good friend, stare at her in surprise. What he was going to say next was impossible to tell, but she was beginning to wonder whether or not she should just of left, without a backward glance.

"A few people, who guessed know."

She nodded, keeping her eyes on his face, her eyes dancing over his facial features.
Seeing that she did not think this through, and not bringing anyone. It was now that he decided to go with her. Her words had an impact on him. Yes, he saw that they were not going to rebuild their vialge to what it once was. This quickly he became fed up as well. Almost to the point that he wanted to lave before [The Leader] came in.

With this decision, he gathered some food and water, and having all his tools and his claws with him already, he was set. He looked to her after quickly gathering them, and spoke to her as if he told her his plans and thoughts already.

"Okay, Jas. I'm set. We'll leave now."
Jas watched him with a raised eyebrow, rather surprised with the sudden swift movements he was making around his housing area, collecting this, and pocketing that. It was strange to watch. When he had finished, she stood up, drawing herself to full height easily without bending her head forward and took a deep breath.

"Well, it does not seem as though I have much of a choice but to allow you to come along. Just... Be quiet..."

She warned, before turning and peeking out from the makeshift door, scanning the motionless camp around them. She pushed the door aside and walked out into the golden, crisp morning, a slight chill settling in the air. She let him walk out beside her and began carefully toward the trees in the distance again, Alice close behind.

She didn't look back this time, and didn't speak, her hands pushed into her pockets. She kept playing with the flute between her fingers, and glanced over her shoulder to her friend, throwing him a gentle smile. They were almost out of clear hearing distance of the camp now.
He kept behind her, and smiled to her as well. He walked through the camp silently and quickly. As they got to the edge of the town, he realized this was one of the first times he had left the town's safety. He kept his hands near his sides, and ready to put the claws on and defend himself against whatever would lurk around.

"Do you know where you're going to go?"

He wondered to himslef where it would be that she wanted to go, but even if she answered, he wouldn't know where it was. He was just trying to calm his fears.
"Past the forest, there is a town that my parents used to tell me about as a child, before they left for safety. It wont be our last stop, but from there, we can stock on supplies and get directions to any other towns nearby..."

She nodded and stepped over a large rock that had once served as a border wall, and placed her hide-covered feet in the soft, dust and dew ridden grass, away from the safety of their homeland. Taking a deep breath of the sunlight-scented air, she looked at him.

"Ready to brave the big, wide world that our families and friends have so far stopped us from venturing into with myths?"

She raised an eyebrow at him. She had been in the forest many times, at day and night, and she had never seen a ghost, a ghoul or any other spiritual creatures she had been terrified of as a small girl. Wolves, bears, dragons, yes. Anything else, very unlikely.

"Don't be so worried... It will be fine..."
"Well.. I feel alot better with you here. I honestly can't think of anyone else i'd rather be out here with. So yes. I am ready."

He looked about for dangers. Ever ready to see what he can do with the claws he's made and practiced with. He then thought to himself what the other towns would yeild. Would they be traveling forever? What is their Goal?

He decided to keep his questions to himself and just wait to see. She probably knew what she was doing.
A smile crept upon pale lips and she nodded, beginning without hesitation toward the forest that would begin their journey. When they met a town with battlements, highwalls, guards, and weapons, there they would settle. Safe from the wrath of mysterious creatures. Placing a hand on the strap of her quiver, she fingered the long wooden staff in her other hand, using it to test any piece of ground she wasn't sure of. Rain had been scarce, but many puddles still remained in the grass.

"The forest holds many surprises, good and bad. There are areas of settlement, for hunters who have lost their way, but they are only safe for one night. We will have to travel quite far each day, but we will rest..."

She nodded, not sure who she was trying to convince. Him, or herself. The trees loomed closer with every step, seeming more intimidating that ever before. The other hunters would be awaking soon, and they would be missed very soon. They had to get to the trees, and seek the security of shadows and misty glade.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff