Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Cat

User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx GRAPHICS¦》 JULIA VERNE
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxPLOT¦》 JULIA VERNE
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx LITERACY¦》 ELITE, 4 + PARAGRAPHS
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx BASED OFF¦》 POKEMON & FAIRY TALES: CROSS-OVER
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx CURRENTLY¦》 UNDER CONSTRUCTION, BUT ACCEPTING

User ImageUser Image

Conservative Cat

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

User Image

The pokemon world, just like our world, has its own share of fairy tales. Names and faces might be slightly different, but their stories are nearly identical... except for a few minors changes. Whether the fictional character you are thinking of is Cinderella or perhaps even Flynn Rider, they have a place in the hearts of every young child in the pokemon world. But what is legend and lore, was once based off of the truth. You see, truth turns to rumor, rumor turns to myth, and myth turns to legend. It all boils down to just a tale that parents tell their kids before bed, details changing slightly with the centuries past. What most don't realize is that Aurora was real, perhaps that wasn't her true name, but she was very real. As was Legolas the wood elf and Gandalf the great and powerful White Wizard. Those times were so far back in the past, that they have been dismissed as fiction. Yet, there was a time when magic that people could use existed. A time where the bonds between pokemon and humans were not created by a poke'ball, but by the connection of the heart and soul. These times were known as The Ages.

To the modern world, not much is known of The Ages, due to the fact that much of the history recorded was lost, some speculate that there is a reason The Ages is unknown. They believe that something happened and that some legendary pokemon covered it up. Those who lived in that time took the history to their graves. But what exactly did they take with them? A reckoning that wiped away all sources of human magic.
                                          Let's back up, just what was the world like during The Ages? It certainly looked nothing like it does currently. The lands formed different patterns and went by different names. Other races, aside from humans, roamed the planet. And, for a while, everything seemed to be at peace. There were squabbles here and there, akin to the stories of Mulan, the lost king, Aragorn, who rose to take the throne, and even Mordor. There were vast lands, each with their own cultures and ways of life. And within each of the kingdoms were wonderful, beautiful pokemon.

But the threat was very real, even more so than Sauron, because the threat was not of just human origin. It was also of pokemon, who had fallen from their path and became ghosts of their former selves. To those who were unfortunate enough to encounter them, they called them: "shadow pokemon". From those who had an understanding of magic, they discovered that the pokemon were cloaked in vile, evil, dark magic. They were monstrosities even among their own kind, because they had gone through this change willingly. Oh yes, it granted them a great amount of power, but at the cost of any mortality or conscious they had once possessed. A pokemon turned Shadow could not be reverted. They were a scourge that was becoming much more frequent in number, which stirred the attention of those with powerful seats in society. People such as Merida, Gimli, Sinbad. The threat was felt across the globe and something needed to be done. Whatever manner of terrible sorcery this was, it needed to be put to an end and the beasts that were no longer pokemon had to be put to the sword.

And so starts the story that has been completely erased from modern history. There was no glory in what these heroes had to do. It was a dark time, a time that was best never spoken of again. Especially, after what it ended up setting into motion. Eight champions there were. Eight champions and their partner pokemon set off on a suicide mission to end the blight. But they would never be remembered for their greatest feat.

Conservative Cat

User Image

GENERAL¦》
                                            Howdy all, this is the section where I tell you the basic rules of Gaia and plus some. This is a PG-13 website, so this will also be a PG-13 roleplay. Make out all you want, but please "fade to black" and if you MUST, take the nasty off the website because "cybering" is against the TOS. This roleplay was created by me and is a cross over of several Disney movies, Lord of the Rings, and most importantly: Pokemon. I know it's a strange concept, but I figured doing something completely out of the norm would be very interesting. This is an elite roleplay that requires a minimum of 4 + paragraphs per post. If you are not capable of doing thing, please do not apply. I hate to decline people, but I will if I feel you do not meet the minimum requirements. Positions are competitive. Since this is not that big of an rp, spots will not be reserved, but instead you can apply for a spot. While doing your profile someone else can also apply, which is what I mean by competitive. This is a long-term roleplay that I don't intend to let die in the beginning of the process. However, since school is starting school, you shall only be required to post at least once a week, which seems rather reasonable if you ask me. If you are going to be hiatus for some time, please let me know so I don't think you abandoned the roleplay and give your position to someone else.

CHARACTERS¦》
                                            Now this is going to be rather complex and there will be posts below that will be more in depth with how they work. Not every disney / LOTR character is available to play. There will be a list to choose from for characters that are suitable to go on this mission. I am afraid that Cinderella would not be too useful in a battle scenario, where as Merida or Flynn Rider might. There are also characters that cannot be played because they hold NPC spots in the world, such as Gandalf and Aragorn. If a character is not on the list, feel free to ask me about them, I might have easily overlooked them. However, do not get your hopes up, because they possibly are not on the list because I purposely excluded them. Don't worry I don't bite, so feel free to ask! As for details about these characters, names can be changed. So your Flynn doesn't have to be named Flynn. But the absolute thing that must stay the same is ethnicity. In the setting section places and blurbs about them will be added. I don't want a Shang who is from a europe-like land. I want a Shang who is from the Asian-esc land. Got me? I shall add on the character list where they hail from if that helps. Their appearances DO NOT have to be the same as the ones in the movies. But please, if you're playing Legolas, find a picture of an elf. Same goes for Gimli or dwarves. Once again, for appearances, keep in mind their ethnicity. I don't want Mulan to have blonde hair and blue eyes. She needs to have dark hair and eyes, kah? Biographies for characters should match up to their movie, which makes sense. Also, relationships, such as lovers can exist, but they don't have to. So Flynn and Rapunzel could totally be in love before the rp starts, but if you want, they could just be friends if you want a more open relationship character. Lastly, all characters will have already met each other in one way or another. We can plot in the ooc thread.

POKEMON¦》
                                            Every champion will be allowed three pokemon. No more, but you can have less if you so choose. Next to every available playable character there will be a pokemon type which they can choose their partners from. For example, Legolas would be able to choose from grass type pokemon. Under no circumstances will legendaries be allowed as partners. I am very iffy about one-of-a-kind pokemon being with people, so convince me. There will be no doubles of any pokemon and I am only allowing one eevee evolution. So first come, first serve. Everyone and their mother can't have one, sorry. There will be a pokemon section where taken / reserved pokemon will be listed so you do not accidentally pick the same as someone else.

APPLYING¦》
                                            Applications will be posted below. Fill 'em out and once I approve you get started. Please post them in the ooc. I prefer not resorting to PMs, but if it is dire I will be fine with reading one. I shall not reserve spots, this is a competitive application process. Once you send in your application and are approved, you have one week to finish your profile; which is way more than enough time. Only two people, at max, can apply for one spot. Also, hang out around the ooc thread. I love to chat!

Conservative Cat

User Image

CHARACTERS¦》
                                            This is the area where the list of characters you can choose to play are. Just remember that when you're making them, maintain that person's personality, fighting style, and background story. If a character is being worked on by someone I shall put a note in this section. For characters that will be taken, they shall be crossed out. Each character is put in a category based on which land they hail from. Refer to the setting post to get more info on those lands. NPCs shall also be listed. Also, some characters might be revived ( if they died in their movies / books ). And yes, villains ARE playable. Know that you can also make your champion slightly older or younger if you wish.
                                            I also know Hiccup is a dream work's character

THE EASTERN KINGDOM
                                            playable

Legolas : grass-type
                                            Frodo : normal-type
                                            Gimli : steel-type
                                            Boromir : ice-type
                                            Eowyn : fire-type

non-playable

Aragorn : King of the Eastern Kingdom
                                            Arwen : Queen of the Eastern Kingdom
                                            Gandalf : The White Wizard

THE CELTLANDS
                                            playable

Merida : flying-type
                                            Mother Gothel : poison-type
                                            Flynn Rider : electric-type being applied for by DisaffectedYouth
                                            Hiccup : dragon-type being applied for by armadillo aria

non-playable

Rapunzel
                                            King Fergus

NEVER ISLAND
                                            playable

Peter Pan : flying-type taken by Desierto De Rosas
                                            Captain Hook : water-type
                                            Kida Nedakh : water-type being applied for by fragile goodbyes
                                            Jack Sparrow : water-type

non-playable

Tinkerbell

FENG - LI
                                            playable

Fa Mulan : fighting-type taken by Julia Verne
                                            Li Shang : dragon-type
                                            Shan Yu : steel-type

THE HARTLANDS
                                            playable

Gaston : rock-type
                                            Esmeralda : psychic-type
                                            Robin Hood : bug-type

non-playable

Belle
                                            Beast
                                            Quasimodo

THE MAD ISLES
                                            playable

Alice : normal-type
                                            The Mad Hatter : ghost-type

non-playable

The Red Queen
                                            The White Queen

QUALI
                                            playable

Aladdin : ground-type
                                            Sinbad : ground-type
                                            Jafar : dark-type

non-playable

Jasmine

CAPRICORN ISLAND
                                            playable

Hercules : fighting-type
                                            Hades : fire-type

Conservative Cat

User Image

User Image
                                          CHAMPION¦》 character alias is here, example: Hercules
                                          GENDER¦》 male
                                          AGE¦》 fill in
                                          STATUS¦》 applying: armadillo aria

User Image
                                          CHAMPION¦》 Fa Mulan
                                          GENDER¦》 female
                                          AGE¦》 twenty-four
                                          PLAYED BY¦》 Julia Verne

User Image
                                          CHAMPION¦》 Peter Pan
                                          GENDER¦》 male
                                          AGE¦》 nineteen
                                          PLAYED BY¦》 Desierto De Rosas

User Image
                                          GENDER¦》 female
                                          AGE¦》 fill in
                                          STATUS¦》 applying: fragile goodbyes

User Image
                                          GENDER¦》 male
                                          AGE¦》 fill in
                                          STATUS¦》 applying: DisaffectedYouth

User Image
                                          GENDER¦》 female
                                          AGE¦》 fill in
                                          STATUS¦》 open

User Image
                                          GENDER¦》 male
                                          AGE¦》 fill in
                                          STATUS¦》 open

User Image
                                          GENDER¦》 female
                                          AGE¦》 fill in
                                          STATUS¦》 open

Conservative Cat

User Image

pokemon that are currently reserved / taken will be listed under champion name.
                                          If there are pokemon in your type that are also have a dual type, feel free to choose it.
                                          Eevee evolution is still up for grabs.

Fa Mulan: Mienshao & Lucario
                                          Peter Pan: Chatot, Emolga, & Fearow

Reserved while people are applying
                                          Dragonite
                                          Milotic
                                          Lumineon
                                          Plusle
                                          Minum
                                          Raichu

Conservative Cat

User Image

xxxxxxUser Image
                                          THE EASTERN KINGDOM
                                            Is a large plot of land situated to the west and not actually the east. This land reflects that of a medieval western Europe. Gondor is the capitol for the humans and the king Aragorn sits on the throne with his elfin wife, Arwen, as queen. The eastern kingdom holds an array of races, consisting primarily of elves, who are rather reclusive, hobbits, who live and around The Shire, and dwarves who dwell in the mountains. Magic, while heard of, does not come in great numbers in the Eastern Kingdom. Gandalf is currently the chief of all magic in the Eastern Kingdom for humans as the White Wizard. His wisdom is hailed throughout the entire world.

xxxxxxUser Image
                                          THE CELTLANDS
                                            The Celtlands are to the north east and consist of mountainous moors, forests, and green valleys. Based off of a medieval Northern England & Scotland, these lands belong to humans only. Magic is more heard of in the Celtlands, known typically as witchcraft. There are many clans within the Celtlands, but the most notoriously there are two royal families who have little problem with splitting the land between each other. There is the more wild King Fergus who prefers the colder land and the royal family which Rapunzel belongs to that owns the southern half of the Celtlands and are a bit more refined.

xxxxxxUser Image
                                          NEVER ISLAND
                                            Never Island is located in the southern waters which are known to be warm year round. It used to be a regular stop for pirates, but too many ships were getting sunk in the treacherous reefs. It was once believed that a great city called Atlantis was once built on a sister island that was next to Never Island. However, the city long sank and became a legend, only pokemon knowing if the city really exists beneath the waves.

xxxxxxUser Image
                                          FENG - LI
                                            Feng-Li is a country and a continent located to the east. It is known as the largest land mass in the entire world and boasts dark haired humans with slanted eyes. Feng-Li had been known to have the most powerful army in the entire world as well. Crossing them would be ill-advised. Since the country is so large it hosts a cacophony of climates and landscapes. The people of these lands have also been known to be very appreciative of balance and everything the world has given them. There have been battles between the different peoples of Feng-Li recently.

xxxxxxUser Image
                                          THE HARTLANDS
                                            The Hartlands is to the south of the Celtlands and the east of The Eastern Kingdom. It has been known as a city-country, made up of commercialized cities, homely villages, and places where people can live peacefully with pokemon. The king on the throne is a bit of a crook, taxing high, but the folk as content with the peace they have been given in exchange. The Hartlands is a forested country and surrounding each city and village is the great Wilds.

xxxxxxUser Image
                                          THE MAD ISLES
                                            The Mad Isles are a chain of islands that have been sugar coated in wild magic. Strange things happen in this place and the people who live there are known to also be affected by the queer magic that seeps out of everything. Normal people don't even consider going to this place, in fear that they will become mutated and go mad just like those who live there. Oddly enough, the Mad Isles is quite a peaceful little hovel... well, aside from when the Red Queen is having a bad day.

xxxxxxUser Image
                                          QUALI
                                            The small, mostly desolate, continent of Quali has been known for the riches they harvest from their spices and exotic jewelry. While most of the land is hot, unforgiving desert, the areas that are springing with the life of an oasis are filled to the brim with people. However, beware: Quali is filled with many raiders, cutthroats, and thieves.

xxxxxxUser Image
                                          CAPRICORN ISLAND
                                            Capricorn Island belongs to a people who desperately cling to the faith in their Gods, which they believe live at the top of Mt. Olympus. They are the only people who revere human Gods, rather than pokemon. And their Gods are very real, however they thrive on the power of belief and without the belief of their humans, they would disappear. They live rather simplistic lives on the warm climate island, working wonderful feats of art.

Conservative Cat

User Image

APPLICATION
                                          [align=center][img]http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l466/iANGST/back.jpg[/img][/align]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][color=color[size=13][color=#005270]█████ ██[/color][color=white]xx[/color][color=#cba75d]♔ ♔[/color][color=white]xx[/color] [b][color=#0e1a1f]P o k e m o n[/color][/b] : [/size] [color=][size=11] Put which ones you would like to reserve[/color][/size]

[size=13][color=#005270]█████ ██[/color][color=white]xx[/color][color=#cba75d]♔ ♔[/color][color=white]xx[/color] [b][color=#0e1a1f]S a m p l e s[/color][/b] : [/size] [color=][size=11] Link to samples[/color][/size]

[size=13][color=#005270]█████ ██[/color][color=white]xx[/color][color=#cba75d]♔ ♔[/color][color=white]xx[/color] [b][color=#0e1a1f]C h a m p i o n[/color][/b] : [/size] [size=11]what character are you applying for ? Shang, Jack, Hiccup, etc ? [/size]

[list][list][color=][size=11] Please throw out your idea for this character here. Describe how you would take a pokemon twist on your champion's tale. [/color][/size]

[spoiler][quote="Julia Verne"][/quote][/spoiler]

please post these in the ooc thread

[center]Graphic here!
                                          [size=23][color=youcolorXXXX]» [color=youcolorXXXX]`[/color] ★[/color][b] [color=youcolorXXXX]【[/color][/b] [color=youcolorXXXX]FIRST MIDDLE LAST[/color] [b][color=youcolorXXXX]】[/color][/b]
                                          [size=29][color=youcolorXXXX]❝[/color][size=17] [color=youcolorXXXX]Quote Quote Quote Quote[/color] [/size][color=youcolorXXXX]❞[/color][/size]
                                          [size=14][color=youcolorXXXX]r o l e h e r e[/color][/size][/center]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=11]A paragraph introducing your character, which should include their
                                          [b][color=youcolorXXXX]Name,
                                          Nicknames,
                                          Age,
                                          Birthday,
                                          Three traits of their personality, ( hint ;; ambitious, confident... rebellious...)
                                          Occupation,
                                          Gender,
                                          Sexuality,
                                          Zodiac[/b][/color] ( animal, or astrology )[/list][/list][/list][/list]
                                          [size=13][color=youcolorXXXX]✖[/color] [color=youcolorXXXX][b] SPEED[/b][/color] [color=youcolorXXXX][/color] [color=youcolorXXXX][size=15]★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆[/size][/color]
                                          [color=youcolorXXXX]✖[/color] [b][color=youcolorXXXX]POWER[/color][/b] [color=youcolorXXXX][/color] [color=youcolorXXXX][size=15]★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆[/size][/color][/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
                                          [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=11]Please give me two of three paragraphs describing what your character looks like, or wears, those such things, try to include the following:
                                          [b][color=youcolorXXXX]Tattoos/piercings?
                                          height,
                                          weight,
                                          Perhaps body type?
                                          And the clothes they may often wear?[/color][/list][/list][/list][/list]
                                          [size=10][color=youcolorXXXX]✖[/color] Words Words [b][color=youcolorXXXX]Weapon, Weapons(s)[/color][/b] Words Word
                                          [color=youcolorXXXX]✖[/color] Words Words [b][color=youcolorXXXX]Power, Power(s)
                                          [color=youcolorXXXX]✖[/color] Words Words [b][color=youcolorXXXX]Attack Style ( ex: boxing, etc.)[/color][/b] Words Word[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[list][list][/list][/list]
                                          [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=15][color=youcolorXXXX]»»»[/color] [color=youcolorXXXX][[/color] You don't know me [color=youcolorXXXX]][/color] [color=youcolorXXXX][/color] [/size]

[size=10]Your characters personality, MAKE IT AS CLOSE AS YOU CAN TO THEIR TRUE CHAMPION.[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=15][color=youcolorXXXX]»»»[/color] [color=youcolorXXXX][[/color] These memories [color=youcolorXXXX]][/color] [color=youcolorXXXX][/color][/size]

[size=10]Well this is the characters biography, so it should be at least two-three paragraphs or so... keep it as on topic as you can[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][color=youcolorXXXX]»»»[/color] [color=youcolorXXXX][[/color] Gimme gimme more [color=youcolorXXXX]][/color] [color=youcolorXXXX][/color] [/size][size=10]

[color=white]--[/color][color=youcolorXXXX]✿ [/color][color=youcolorXXXX]][/color][color=youcolorXXXX]--[/color] [b][color=youcolorXXXX]Item/Person/Place[/color][/b], Reason for liking.
                                          [/size]

[color=youcolorXXXX]»»»[/color] [color=youcolorXXXX][[/color] Ewwwwww! get it away! [color=youcolorXXXX]][/color] [color=youcolorXXXX][/color]

[size=10][color=white]--[/color][color=youcolorXXXX]✿ [/color][color=silver]][/color][color=youcolorXXXX]--[/color] [color=youcolorXXXX][b]Item/Person/Place[/b][/color], Reason for disliking[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

post the profile in a test thread and when it is completed pm it to me or quote me in the ooc thread with a link
                                          feel free to space it out over a few posts if you want

due dates
                                          armadillo aria : August 27th
                                          fragile goodbyes : August 28th
                                          DisaffectedYouth : August 29th

Conservative Cat

Conservative Cat

Conservative Cat

Conservative Cat

Conservative Cat

Conservative Cat

Conservative Cat

Quick Reply