Welcome to Gaia! ::

((All right. Ayame and Suzume it is. Welcome aboard.))

At least this one's polite... Megumi mused, her thoughts trailing back to the stubborn, former fighter-for-hire that was no doubt filling himself with food. And if she knew him, he would probably disappear soon after, too, completely disregarding the wood. Well...let him try. A mischievous gleam lighted her dark eyes for a moment before she subdued it and returned her complete attention to her patient.

"Your arm, then?" she repeated, taking the boy's arm and looking over the gash. It appeared to have been from a sword or dagger wound, which was not unusual in the least, considering the times. j

"You're lucky," she said, looking it over, "the blade cut cleanly, and you've missed both the tendon and the major blood vessel. Come on over here and I'll clean and stitch it." She turned away from him to set some things out and gather her various salves and antiseptics, as well as the little case that contained her stitching materials.

"I'll be right back, " she said after a moment, "I have to get water from the well." She disappeared out the door, returning a few moments later with a bowl of fresh water.

"Now then," she said, "Let's see that arm."

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Yoko kept still and emotionless during the examination, thinking to herself. If only this doctor knew that it was recieved during an assassination of mine... No wonder no one uses the Jijin style anymore; you take out your opponent at the cost of your own health. She held out her arm for the doctor to tend to, hoping the glint of her tanto didn't catch the doctor's eye.

Patting his stomach in relief, Sanosuke glanced at the door, smirking when he didn't see the female doctor come out. It was time for him to make his escape, as he was known to do to shirk any chores that people tried to get him to do.
(( *makes a dramatic entrance* Sky has arrived! ))
((My Sky-chan! *posting shortly*))

Even if it had, Megumi would have had no intention of saying anything. In her experience, if in fact the boy was dangerous, commenting on the tanto would have been one of the worst things she could have done. But not having seen it, she continued to clean the boy's wound, applying antiseptic and numbing salve before starting to stitch it. When she had finished, she tied it off and looked back at 'him'.

"That should heal over the next few weeks. Do you need something to eat?"

She held up a finger and moved to the door in time to spot Sanosuke edging away.

"Don't you dare think of leaving, Sagara Sanosuke, or you will be fending for yourself on meals for the next week!"

(( *clings* My post will come when I have enough energy. ))
(( You just feel better, darlin'. ))
(( *nod* As soon as I get an idea to get Aoshi in and stuff.. I'll post. ))
((All right. Just whenever))

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Yoko gave a hesitant smile at the lady doctor, mentally laughing at what she'd said to the tall man. In her profession, no one had to be nice to Yoko without getting something out of it. Well, before the Meiji Revolution, there was her older brother, but those days were over. She blinked when her stomache suddenly growled. She hadn't eaten in over 48 hours, it seemed. She blushed and scratched her cheek. "If you wouldn't mind sparing a bowl or two, Miss Doctor," she asked the female doctor.

Tripping on his own feet, about to leave, Sanosuke glanced at Megumi and sighed. Almost, he'd almost escaped. Too bad she'd had to finish up with the boy at that precise moment. "Geez, you're a mean one when you can be, Fox lady," he complained. "How am I supposed to fend for myself when I lost all my money last night?"
(( I'm gonna just post now, since I probably won't be able to post later.. then I'm gonna go make some soup ))

Aoshi enjoyed the warm summer days. They normally let him forget the troubles that befell him. He tried to get his life back on track from the events in Kyoto, by remaining isolated. Yet he still had trouble holding conversations with others, because of his stoic demeanor. He hopped to change that by going to visit Kenshin and the dojo.

When he had arrived in Tokyo, the tall swordsman decided to visit the clinic where he assumed Megumi would be. He wasn't quite ready to see Kenshin and Kaoru yet. He wandered into the clinic and looked around for Megumi. Upon laying his gaze on the lady-doctor, he almost felt relieved.

Megumi nodded and smiled over at Yoko, turning her head from the doorway for a moment to look him over. There was an almost palpable distance coming over him briefly, she sensed. Something that she was well familiar with from personal experience... intelligent dark eyes studied him for a moment, before she allowed her expression to shift into a friendly one.

"Come on. Eat what you like, we have plenty."

As she stepped out into the hall, she stared Sanosuke down, hearing his rebuttal and responding with an annoyed huff. Her hand went to her hip and she glared at him with fiery brown eyes.

"I'm the mean one? I could have just left you to the tanuki's cooking. Or, heaven forbid, your own." A sly smirk lifted her lips as she removed her hand from her hip to cross beneath her breasts.

"And it's certainly not my fault that you waste your money on gambling. You'd think by now you'd have learned...but then again, I'm probably giving you too much credit." Though the words were harsh, the tone was almost playful. Their banter was a common occurance, and though she was often aggravated by him, she found she did enjoy it, so long as he didn't get too much on her nerves.

She looked back over at the boy. "My name's Takani Megumi," she said, by way of introduction. "Are you new to this town?"

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Yoko shook her head immediately, having lived in Tokyo since the war. "I've lived here for about ten years," she offered. "By the way, my name is Matsuo Yoko. Nice to meet you Takani-sama." She bowed her head a little, respectfully. After all, the lady doctor had stitched up her arm.

Sanosuke shuddered to think at his last attempt at cooking anything remotely resembling anything. "That'd be just too cruel, Megumi-san," he said. He then sighed. "Fine... I'll go chop your stupid wood..."

Megumi accepted this information with a friendly nod, lifting a hand to brush some errant strands of dark hair behind an ear. Apparently the boy was older than she had originally thought, which was nothing unusual. After all, she did still care deeply for Ken-san, and there was no denying that that man didn't show his true age.

"Nice to meet you as well, Matsuo-san," she said with a smile. "The food is just over there." She indicated the table where the things were still set out.

"Please, help yourself," she said, glancing over at Sanosuke with a knowing smirk on her mouth upon seeing his expression.

"The ax is in the woodshed," she said cheerily, the same teasing smile on her lips and one could almost see the look of kitsune mischief in the dark brown eyes. Feeling someone watching her, she turned and looked at the door to see a very familiar shape...that she hadn't seen in a long time. She moved to the door and opened it, pushing her curiosity aside.

"Shinomori-san," she said, "Please, come in."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces