Welcome to Gaia! ::

Look at this! I brought this dusty old thread out of my guilds so it could actually get started!

This is a Phantom of the Opera RP. Basically. Except it's not exactly the same... It's different, it's new, it's SpectralFantasy.

The rules:
1. ToS. Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...
2. Follow the story; this is one RP that is NOT an improvised plot. See the "story" paragraph for more details.
3. Don't advance the story without waiting for someone to post something important.
4. OOC talk is allowed, but please make it distinguishable from the RP talk. I like to do that with colors.
5. Frequent frequent frequent frequent!!! I don't know how many times I can say this. If you don't post for three days or more in one of your necessary parts, you lose your role. Either I will take over, or I will find someone else. Tell me if you are going to leave the RP for good.
6. Alterations of events and details. I need to set the scene. Do not advance the story without waiting for me to set the scene.

The story? Almost exactly the same as PotO, but the setting and the characters are different. This will be more like the musical/movie than the books. IMPORTANT: I HAVE ADDED SOME EVENTS AND DETAILS TO THE STORY. I WILL ANNOUNCE THESE DURING THE ROLEPLAY WHEN THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN.

The setting: Donum, Indiana. My own fictional town. Usually taking place in the MAC (Musical Arts Center).

The characters:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.CHLOE MARIA DAVIS -- Christine replica. She's a senior at Donum High, but she takes music and dance at the college. She and Megan are captains of the Donum High Dance Troupe (although Chloe later moves to being the star of the musicals). Her parents have told her that she has the spirit of music itself in her. Although her parents are still alive (unlike Christine), she has moved to an apartment near the MAC.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.THE SPECTER -- Erik replica. He was born horribly deformed (like Erik); he looked like a cross between a tortured figure and a ghost. The nurses in the hospital knew no cure for his case. Unable to bear the burden, his parents left him in a place where he could not be discovered and they were sure he would not survive. They had forgotten to name him. However, he did survive and wandered from town to town until a group of magician-type people put him in their show, telling people that he was a specter they had created. It was then that he earned the title "The Specter". He also discovered then by himself that he was capable of doing extraordinary things, like magic and music and architecture (sound familiar?). After some time, The Specter told them about his extraordinary talents. Seeing that talents like this couldn't be wasted, they let him display the talents, but first they made him a costume: a black robe with a hood, a full white mask with only two eye holes, black leather gloves. Over time, the group gained more and more crowd, but then the rest of group noticed that all the crowd was after The Specter and not them. They also noticed that The Specter was getting way too independent. They decided that they couldn't keep him unless he did at least most of what they wanted. They went to him and expressed what they wanted: that he either stay with them and follow orders or that he teach them what he did and he leave. But then he just said, "I am no one's servant," and ran away. He then hid away and worked on developing another major talent: music. He submitted his compositions to several performances, all of them accepting. But it still caused problems because no one knew who he was. Years later, he settled down in Donum, in the deep cellar of the MAC. He dressed up the cellar to fit his own needs and built several passages to different parts of the building so he could see what was going on. One of these passages was to Chloe's dressing room. He is her "Spirit of Music".
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.RANDALL CONNOR -- Raoul replica. Also a senior at Donum High. He is basically the guy who all the girls flock around. He's nice and really handsome. His family and Chloe's family have known each other for a long time and he seems to be Chloe's boyfriend.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.MEGAN GRAY -- Meg replica. Also a senior at Donum High. She is Chloe's best friend and captain of the Donum High Dance Troupe with Chloe. She loves chatting with the other dancers.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.MRS. GRAY -- Mme. Giry replica. She is Megan's mother and the guest director of the Donum High Dance Troupe. She had seen The Specter when he was working with the magicians and is therefore one of the few who knows about him. Chloe tells her about her experiences with The Specter because she understands.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.CELITA MALVAGITA -- Carlotta replica. The snob of them all. She is unpopular because she is very rude, but she is also very melodramatic so everyone does what she wants in fear of her acting up. She's always smoking though it's against the rules; in fact, she basically never follows the rules at all. She's usually the lead role in all the DHS performances.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.MARIO MALVAGITA -- Piangi replica. Celita's brother. He's not as rude as she is but often acts like her follower. He usually gets the lead role opposite Celita.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.THE DIRECTOR -- "Manager duo" replica. He runs things in the DHS performances (except, of course, when Celita runs things) and is nervous a lot right before opening night. He is simply addressed as "Mr. Director", in part because I haven't come up for a name for him yet. He sometimes gets messages from The Specter...

Tell me if I left any important characters out.

CAST LIST!!!
Chloe: Elanchana (can be changed if absolutely necessary)
The Specter: Eriks Love and Protector
Randall: catnipp2
Megan: {casting}
Mrs. Gray: {casting}
Celita: {casting}
Mario: {casting}
Director: {casting}

Extraaaas!
The SpectralFantasy THEMESONG is on my music site!
Bump. Again.
((Oh! Can I be Randall?
You know how I just love my Raoul characters. ^^))
Right-o, Catnipp!
Bumpkins
Someone please join?
CAN SOMEONE JOIN BESIDES CATNIPP?! WE NEEEEEED CHARACTERS!
Thanks Cat.
no problem, ela
We neeeeed people!!!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out