Welcome to Gaia! ::

Profitable Prophet

User Image
▁ ▂ ▅ ▇ нαяυкα ▇ ▅ ▂ ▁
The DWMA's First Greatest Witch

Haruka was all too aware of the individual who had come up behind her, though when she felt her hat being lifted off of her head, it took a great deal of effort not to turn around and try to melt his face off with magic. Someone had the gall to touch Haruka's beloved hat!? This hat was her favorite! Her eyebrow twitched, showing only the slightest hint of the simmering rage underneath her cordial and pleasant façade. "Well first day jitters are to be expected, Andrew. But you've already done a lot by introducing yourself like a proper gentleman... and not stealing a lady's hat right off of her head without so much as a how do you do." Her hand shot back and grabbed the brim of her hat, like a finely manicured talon snatching up it's prey. She then slowly turned her head to face this new individual, she could smell magic on him. The witch yanked the hat out of his grasp and returned it to it's rightful place on her head before examining it for any damage, which there was none. "Really, now. Were you raised in a barn!?" She didn't know who this person was, but if he carried the scent of magic then his odd behavior actually wasn't out of the norm. Though she was loathe to admit it, magic users were by and large weirder and had more unusual behavior quirks than other folk, it was part of the reason that Witches were so easy to ostracize from human society, they were strange by nature.

"Surely you've seen a Witches' hat before, you carry the scent of magic so I can't imagine this is anything terribly new or exciting for you." She was going into full-on lecture mode, she'd given more than a few in her time at the academy. "If you want to function in a society with everyone else you need to understand that there is an unspoken social contract! Respect others! Respect the property of others! Meister, Weapon, and Witch alike!" Her hands were resting on her hips and she was exuding an air of authority. It wasn't as though she had any more authority outside of her seniority to this student, but she was acting like she may as well have been a faculty member. Haruka saw it as her duty to both correct any misconceptions the plebeian masses had about Witches, and to properly instruct magic using folk on the intricacies of mundane society. She was acting as something of a social diplomat, you could say. "Should you live with disregard for the rules of this society, you'll be regarded as a disgraceful boor, not unlike that fellow over there." She pointed a finger in the direction of Shibusen's One-eyed Dragon. Though she held no specific grudge against Darius despite his advances on her, the fact remained that his disregard for the DWMA's code of conduct and rules of engagement were part of the reason that Lord Death had been forced to give up some of his power to this 'Tyrael' fellow. It was a frustrating turn of events, especially since the Reaper had finally set plans in motion to bridge the gap between Shibusen and Witch Society.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Takune Chimaera The Pyromancer Chimera
•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•­.¸¸.••.¸¸.•*´¨`*•­.¸¸.••.¸¸.•*´

►Takune didnt hear a word after she had said something about respect and tilted his head, with a thought of mind coming from it, "People don't respect each other anyway, so why would it matter, and if i lived in a barn i wouldn't be thinking of how much a beauty you are" takunes eyes were sparkling and had shimmered with blue as he looked at her and thought to himself, Jeez.... This lady should hear my siblings some time, and then she would appreciate other people much- WAIT; did i just hear if i should live with disregard for the rules of society! last time i herd that was coming from mabaa "B-" he had coughed clearing his throat as he had said again, "But your hat! it was to puffy, puffier then a normal witches hat, it was simple imperfect!" he said with a serious face looking at her as if she was an impostor witch, he then looked at the poor man; the one eyed dragon, with a brow raised.

► Feels: NormalXXXXXX ►►Thinking: Great another one thinks they can talk to their elders like that...
XX►OutOfCharms:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ►►Waypoint: Dwma entrance
Setsuna42

Timid Gaian

User Image
Ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓔⓦ Ⓕⓔⓡⓡⓐⓡⓐ
ⓂⒺⒾⓈⓉⒺⓇ

As soon as the hat left Haruka's head, Andrew knew someone was in deep trouble. Girls are touchy about their accessories. And what's more, the boy's excuse was that the hat was too "puffy." "Really? That's the best excuse you could come up with?"

((Sorry about this. I'll do better!))

Setsuna42

Interesting Sex Symbol

User Image
SAYAKA ICHIGAWA

位置側、鞘か

Walking out of the dorms, Sayaka yawned and scratched her back. She shouldn't have spent the whole night watching Ryoumaden for the hundredth time. That drama seemed to inspire her to do her best, but watching it till four in the morning? Now that was gutsy and a horrible idea. Her alarm clock wouldn't stop pulsating for minutes until she finally woke up.

Wearing a comfy yukata and some sandals, she dragged her feet against the ground and made her way to the school. As soon as she looked ahead she saw a big commotion and just casually tried to ignore it. Though it did seem kind of interesting and chaos and disorder always interested her.

Walking in on that female witch scolding that male witch, she knew that this was the best place to stir up some mischief. "Did someone invade someone's space??" She generally asked the people around the area as she gave a slight smile. People these days. One minute they say hello, next minute, you never know what they may do. Though if people followed the rules all the time, things would get a little boring and that's no fun. Her thoughts about rules were that rules were created to make people think outside of the box and do things that lightly push and test the boundaries of them.

I gotta be the best I can ever be
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Takune Chimaera The Pyromancer Chimera

►"A hat too puffy is odd looking! What excuse is their..." he had muttered looking at the unique hat, a hat that big and pointy shouldn't be a hat at all its almost like it could be a pillow from how puffy it looked; how disgusting! Takune found those hats to be oddly weird. Almost as if witch hats were meant to be known to the society as something bad. Well they had gotten what they wanted from how they were treated before and still with other society's, takune found witches to be weird and too complicating to understand , "well even if your hats to puffy; to me, witch hats are a remark of how society treated us people and those hats are what got our species almost killed!" he preached out to them dramatically. Takune started to hide behind Sayaka, as he was a bit scared, takune was always a scardy cat but it didnt mean he didn't stick up for what he had said.

► Feels: NormalXXXXXX ►►Thinking: Excuse? mustn't i even complain about what the witch hats had brought our people too?
XX►OutOfCharms: This is fun o3oXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ►►Waypoint: Dwma entrance
Setsuna42

Profitable Prophet

User Image
▁ ▂ ▅ ▇ нαяυкα ▇ ▅ ▂ ▁

Now he'd done it, Haruka got an excuse to get on her soapbox, and she was going to take it. "Our kind was hunted and killed by the Reaper because of pig-headedness and the sins of the few!" She became more animated, sweeping her arms out to the side and projecting her voice outwards. She was passionate about this topic since it was a central issue in her life. "This hat is a badge of honor, I say to the world 'I am a witch' because I am not ashamed of who I am or where I come from! Lunatics like the witch Arache cannot sully the name of our proud heritage unless we let them. Mabaa and Lord Death have seen fit to cast old rivalries aside, I will not fail my sisters by clinging to the fears of the past." She placed her hands on her hips and proudly puffed her chest out, seeming to grow a few inches in stature. "We cannot truly coexist if we are afraid to exist out in the open."

This wasn't the first time Haruka had given a speech like this, she'd had numerous arguments with other witches when she announced her intent to leave the safety of the Witches' realm. Many saw the invitation to attend the DWMA as a trap, and rightly so, but Haruka had faith in Mabaa's judgement, and Lord Death himself had proven to be an honorable and trustworthy man. Though first meeting him was a terrifying experience, Haruka could remember feeling weak in the knees and breaking into a cold sweat... Then that goofy voice of his blew her expectations away. Witches were still hunted by the DWMA, this was true, but Lord Death had agreed to limit the hunt to witches that had been condemned as criminals by the Witches' mass. She then turned to face Ryder. "Mr. Redd, should the day come that you must take the final step in becoming a Death Scythe, know that you are punishing a criminal! Their being a witch is only a matter of happenstance!"

Timid Gaian

User Image
Ⓐⓝⓓⓡⓔⓦ Ⓕⓔⓡⓡⓐⓡⓐ
ⓂⒺⒾⓈⓉⒺⓇ

Andrew kept a little distance when Haruka went into this speech about witches' rights and freedoms. Just to his side, he heard someone ask about an invasion of space. "Yeah. That girl just had her hat swiped," he responded. Andrew did a double take when he saw what the girl by him was wearing: a reddish orange kimono of sorts. At first, he thought it was an odd thing to wear to school, but considering how most of Death City was peppered with Japanese elements, the kimono would fit in perfectly.

Setsuna42

Devil of Peace

Diamond Duck

User Image

-=Darius=- 死武専•の•独眼竜
◄Shibusen's One-Eyed Dragon►
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Did someone say 'disgraceful boor'? My ears are burning."

Darius only offered Jinpachi a half-assed wave as the weapon left the scene. Zaki was an alright dude, his rough and unapproachable personality was kind of a buffer against the obvious hazard of wielding him. It didn't really matter to Darius if the guy wound up becoming a Death Scythe, he didn't know the whole story behind Yamazaki's weird wavelength but he'd heard rumors floating around. And really, if Darius was going to be prying into anyone's affairs, he'd rather it be the affairs of a comely maiden. Speaking of which; he was fairly sure he'd heard one make reference to him.

The blue-coated meister stepped away from the doorway and over to the small group that had formed nearby consisting of Haruka, Ryder, and three other students Darius didn't recognize. One bespectacled, and one partially hiding behind the third- who wasn't too hard on the eyes... er... Eye. "I think being a disgraceful boor is part of my appeal." He came to a stop next to Haruka, grinning crookedly at the witch. "Gives me my roguish charm." It was true that Darius had embarrassed the DWMA a few weeks prior, he'd gotten too caught up in a fight against some crazy shinobi-esque bad guy on a mission in London, wound up ditching his current partner to chase the guy all over the city and face off in very public places. A lot of property damage resulted. But it wasn't like Haruka was entirely guilt free herself. Not that Darius could bring himself to rain on her parade after that rousing speech.

"Personally I'm all for peaceful co-existence, some of my favorite pink-haired people happen to be witches!" He beamed at the young witch. "Speaking of which, I was wondering if one of those favorite people of mine would be interested in helping me out with a small matter. Most of the work falls to me, it's basically just a vacation for you! Head to Japan, take in some sun, hit the beach while I handle some tiny duel-related matters... I bet you'd look pretty good in a swimsuit."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just outside of the Academy doors. -Location

►Takune growled under his breath, "i was looking at it not stealing it..." Takune paused and muttered "stupid." shaking his head and had rolled his eyes as he was getting annoyed by that kid. The witches that would join this school will get annoyed pretty quickly with this annoyance that lied between this piece treaty that mabaa aliened, "But anyways, i'm not sure if the citizens will like this treaty about the coven coming to town." he chuckled a little as he hoped for the covens sake the citizens would let their stay in the dwma be worth a while, or til the city be charging expensive money for the witches to stay... then they'll be having a problem.

► Feels: NormalXXXXXX ►►Thinking: How will this end up with the witches hiding in their covens... they cant stay their forever.
XX►OutOfCharms:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ►►Waypoint: Dwma entrance
Setsuna42

Profitable Prophet

User Image
▁ ▂ ▅ ▇ нαяυкα ▇ ▅ ▂ ▁

Haruka almost visibly wilted when she heard Darius address her. "Ugh.. Good morning, Darius." While it might have seemed like she didn't like Darius, that wasn't an entirely accurate statement. She had nothing against him in any personal way, the way he comported himself wasn't becoming of a representative of the DWMA, the fact that he seemed to know that and yet did nothing to change it made matters worse. "I'm going to assume this is your way of trying to tell me you mean to take up the three-star mission to answer the letter of challenge penned by the demon swordsman, Kojiro. Except instead of utilizing the full team that would be required of such a mission, you face him alone, thus claiming his sword and whatever glory would result from his defeat." She flipped her hair as she turned to lock her eyes onto his, a confident smirk on her face. It was easy to read his intentions. He had a bad habit of giving himself excessively difficult tasks, though if Haruka had to be totally honest, she'd not seen a finer swordsman in her time at the DWMA, his skill was undeniable. Still, a three star mission was quite the undertaking, and there was no doubt that Aria would also be able to discern his intentions, making his efforts an exercise in futility. She decided she'd let him down easy. "As much as I would enjoy a trip to the beach, I'm afraid I can't take a vacation so early in the semester, what would my dear sisters think if they learned I was frolicking in the sand when I should be studying? You should focus on finding a partner before you think to take on someone like Kojiro."

Having refused Darius in what she felt was a satisfactory matter, she turned her attention back to the erstwhile hat thief. "The non-magic folk will make of our presence what we make of it. I intend to show everyone that Witches are no different than they are, people only fear what they don't understand." This was part of why Haruka was always ready to answer questions regarding life as a Witch. She of course couldn't share any secrets regarding the use of magic, as they were closely guarded, but daily functions and customs were more than easy enough to explain, and they were usually so mundane they surprised people. Provided she could continue her efforts in teaching people about Witches and avoid falling prey to the dreaded sway of magic, she felt she'd be able to accomplish her goals easily enough. The sway of magic was troubling, but it was something every Witch had to struggle with. The use of destructive magic had an effect on the psyche of the caster, increasing her bloodlust and malicious intent, there were times when Haruka could feel it taking root during battle, but as long as she kept a clear head she wouldn't let it influence her actions too greatly. Though there were times where it certainly influenced her in battle, and it had lead to some embarrassingly 'evil' behavior, including conjuring a 'firenado' to swallow up one of her foes, while she stood amidst the raging inferno, cackling like a woman possessed. She didn't talk about that if she could help it.

Familiar Flatterer

User ImageUser ImageWhile the former crowd of three ballooned as more students joined in, Ryder could do little more than dart his gaze back and forth between each new arrival. As much as he wanted to get a word in, the conversation flowed too fast for his hero-addled brain to keep up. Each time he thought of speaking up, someone new would appear or someone already there would say something more interesting. If he let the pace go on as it currently was, his status as a hero of justice would be in danger of diminishing. He decided now was the time to be bold and do the one thing he could do: spill whatever stream of consciousness thoughts came to him!

"Justice never charges for its services!," exclaimed Ryder as he pointed his right index finger dramatically to the sky, "Unless it's a lawyer! Or a judge! Or a policeman! ...I have no idea where I'm going with this! Gimme a second!"

Ryder then placed his left hand on his hip and wore an expression of struggling contemplation while vigorously rubbing his right hand through his hair. As soon as he felt like he had grasped onto something feeling more like a rational thought, he opened his eyes wide and resumed his previous skyward pointing. With a big energetic smile, he then continued, "Justice doesn't discriminate between meisters, weapons, or witches! Real justice is what Death Weapon Meister Academy's all about! As long as we're all students at this school, we're all allies fighting for the greater good! So let's all get along, everyone! If we can combine the strengths of our burning souls, we'll wipe out madness and build a bridge to a shining future!"

User ImageUser Image
As soon as Ryder finished talking, the sound of one person slowly clapping immediately followed. The source of the clapping became clear when he approached the impromptu assembly of DWMA students with a smirk on his face. It was none other than the cowboy meister River Pecos, who had taken a break from his scouting of the new female students to throw in his own two cents. Or more likely, it was an excuse to get a better and more satisfying look at Haruka and the girl in the kimono.

"Real inspirin' speech there, buddy! Really, I mean it, I'm touched! I ain't been so choked up since th' last time I saw th' sunset back home! 'Course, all that talk don't amount t' much. Justice is a word kids n' crazy folks like t' wrap 'emselves 'round. End o' th' day, you're either good, bad, or ugly."

River straightened his posture where he stood and held his right arm akimbo as he tilted his head in a smug fashion. Pulling the brim of his hat down with his left hand to form a harsh shadow over his eyes, he then said still grinning, "Me? I'm damn good! Seein' as th' only folks who know who I am is that scarf kid, ol' One Eye here, n' our lovely Miss Haruka, allow me t' introduce myself. Name's River Pecos. I'm a meister, a lover, n' all 'round tough hombre."

Winking once at each female in the group, he added, "I'm available fer any lady in need of a pardner, whether in battle or romance."

Dangerous Datemate

12,275 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Flatterer 200
Zarah Shenouda
✄ --- The Persian Scissors --- ✄

User ImageClimbing the stairs, eating some weird looking potato-things with sausages and eggs, and having to apply for jobs- these things were all entirely new to the young NOT student but they were a welcome change from the usual routines at home. So much to learn, so much to see, and best of all, there were people like Zarah to do the "hanging out" with people her own age. While she had friends back home, they weren't exactly wary of her status as a weapon. With a tray clear of food that were a touch too, to put it kindly, tasteless, dark skinned girl returned her dishes to the kitchen window.

"Let's see, the dorm mother said that I could build some allowance by getting a job by visiting the job boards." And so the journey to find the hidden job boards began; unfortunately for the girl, she had walked right by the thing, but she had the luck of entering the intimidating atmosphere around a certain Demon Weapon that gave her the willies, but seeing as he didn't really react to her, maybe there was nothing to be worried about. Continuing on, away from her intended destination, Zarah was returning towards the entrance, trying to keep from getting lost in the labyrinth of a school. It felt like she was one of those little mice that she had seen put into a maze and work out a strategy to escape and retrieve the bowl of seeds at the end.

Not one to panic, she just returned to the entrance and waited for some kind soul to save her from becoming terribly lost; the girl had a brain! and she was going to use it. Mostly. "I still wonder why I felt weird near that Red Guy (Jinpachi)."

Company:: Some air and a few dust bunnies.
Mood:: A bit lost, honestly
Thoughts:: Where do I find that job board... or was it a receptionist?
ooc::

Interesting Sex Symbol

User Image
SAYAKA ICHIGAWA

位置側、鞘か

As she felt someone move behind her, she turned around and grabbed the back of his shirt to pick him up. "So... You like to touch other peoples' property eh?" She let go of her grip and then gave a devious smile. "As long as you don't do it again, I won't have any problems with letting you off the hook. Next time please ask people before taking their belongings." Giving a sigh and a shoulder roll to loosen her muscles, she realized that she kind of just jumped into an area with people that most definitely didn't know her.

"Er... Hi. I'm Sayaka Ichigawa. I just started to attend here not too long ago... I'm also a weapon." She bowed like how she normally would in Japanese traditions, but then realized that she wasn't a home and quickly stood upright to try and stay in with the norms around here. She adjusted her kimono as she gave the nicest smile she could.

I gotta be the best I can ever be

Dapper Detective

User Image
S I O N x A L E X A N D E R ¥ xxxxxxxxxxxxx

with: Friggin everyone

mood: calm/tired

thoughts: 'This kid doesn't know not to touch others stuff? Or that there's several covens in Death City already? What a moron...'

OOC:Sion is kinda mean at times.

Sion waved Nine off as she pranced of to the mission board. He didn't care what she picked really, it's not like they couldn't handle a two star mission alone. Now normally at this point of the morning Sion would take to looking at the various fine specimens of the opposite sex. The DWMA was quite a gathering place for good looking ladies and Sion was quick to take notice. Sadly he was also tired from the full on sprint he did to get here on time, the hike up the damn stairs didn't help any either. Sion fixed his gun holsters and made sure the safeties in his normal pistols were on before he stood up and took in a deep breath. The scruffy blonde marksman took a good look around and caught sight of the rabble going on literally right next to him. Haruka was putting some kid in his place about touching her hat (which he thought was kinda much but it suited her so hey, hat it up.) and on the matters of witchy equality, and he also caught sight of Shibusen's own Sentai; Ryder Redd and what do you know, he was yuckkin it up with River Pecos. Sion liked both of them, they were good guys and River was the only guy around here with the skill to rival Sion's own skill with a gun.

Making his trademark appearance of not giving any ********, Darius everyone! Sion had never really sat down and talked to the guy, he was a swordsman and Sion was a gunner and a mage at the same time. Not much common ground to meet on really (aside from the womanizing). Hold the phone though, Sayaka had made an appearance as well huh? Sion barked up that tree once, resulted in a cut and a gunfight...a sexy gunfight if you asked him. While Nine was away the gunmage will play right? He didn't realize she was THAT new though...he figured he'd just never noticed her last semester. Having fully recovered by ogling Haruka and Sayaka, he felt good enough to make his presence known (he really wanted to chime in on the whole witch thing, I mean his whole family is a coven of witches.). "Good ta' see everyone is fired up already. How's the little debate goin' over here? Have we established that Haruka's hat is "the symbol of eviiiiillll" yet?" He never saw the pointy hat as a symbol of evil like some, at best it was a decent source of shade and at worst it was a crappy fashion statement. The big hat looked right on Haruka so by all means she should just wear it, not like it would make her any less hot or magical.

xxxxx Don't feel bad fellas...xxxxx
    User Image
    xxxxxx Your lady just has better taste in men these days

xxxx

Grey_Kitsune rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

Dangerous Datemate

12,275 Points
    • The Wolf Within 100
    • Overstocked 200
    • Flatterer 200
    Ӄatherine Ƀeaumont
    ▬▬ The Pistolera ▬▬❥
    +
    Zarah Shenouda
    ✄ --- The Persian Scissors --- ✄

"Friggin' putz." The blonde huffed when out of earshot from her partner, but she would've probably done the same- though there weren't any new faces that she could say were her type. Almost striding past what had to be a rather adorable girl, Nine was stopped, Zarah shivering still as she looked up at the busty teen with big blue eyes.

"Are those rea- Ah, I mean, I need help finding the Mission Boards. The Dorm lady said I should try to ask seniors for help." With balled fists, the nervous green horn gave her best pleading look to the upperclassman, Nine's lips pressed into a line for a moment, but she warmed up quickly; she couldn't say no to that face since it reminded her of Sion when he begged them not to take a mission in Greenland of all places.

"Alright. It's only fair. You're obviously smart enough to not get lost on your first day, so I'll give you props for that." Strolling past Zarah, Nine's hand rose and her fingers wiggled, gesturing for the girl to tag along. Leading Zarah back through the way she had just come from, Nine threw out a conversational topic, "So, you a NOT or an EAT student? And don't tell me you're here for the Ivory League Eyesores."
    "I'm in NOT. I'm not entirely sure how well I'd work out to be a weapon, since I'm.... weird," Zarah paused, Nine not reacting like the silver haired thought, "but I wanted to find what else I could do. I met this woman and she was really amazing. Actually, she looked a lot like you, except that-"

"Don't tell me. She wore a tacky, stuffy penguin suit and spoke like she was some sort of holy apostle- oh and her tits were way smaller?" Nine glanced back at blank stare and open mouthed Zarah confirmed her suspicions, and so she revealed her deduction, "My sister. Glad to know the prude's alive and kicking.

"Well, here we are, Mission Boards. You'll want the ones that're blue." Nine pointed out the plain paper list in a blue section while scrolls, business cards, and other stationary littered the other sections; hell there was even a stone tablet that was probably from the stone age that no one bothered to look over. "You'll be doing stuff like walking little old dogs across the street and picking up droppings at the retirement home.That is, if you don't get here early.

"Thank you so much!" Joy swept over the younger teen though she hid her embarrassment that she had been already along the corridor already. As the Persian read over the job listings, Nine rubbed her chin while she scanned, trying to decided if she wanted to head to Vegas, since it was just a few hours away or gamble big on finding that diamond she was so keen on bringing back. They reached up in unison and pulled off a sheet of paper and tucked it away, Zarah into her pocket, Nine an undisclosed location, probably an ammo pack. "Do you know what this- Bitey- is?"

"I don't." Nine replied in disinterest, Zarah humming in thought. Nine turned heel and started off, stopping to call the girl, "Come on, kid. You're going to need to meet people. You might find a partner if you stick around."

"A-alright!" Zarah piped, scurrying after the pistolera, almost skipping at the thought of getting to meet a meister; Francesca, Nine's sister, didn't need a meister, so she was in the dark on what to expect. "I can't wait!"

The duo returned to the 'party' outside, Nine lingering off to the side, some unseen force stopping her and Zarah, probably a time meter that was keeping them from bending time too much in the RP...

Company:: Goddamn e'rybody!
    Mood:: Pumped-up / A bit overwhelmed
    Thoughts:: It's like an orgy, but with clothes on. / I just wanted to help people.
    ooc::

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces