Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sayla-girl's avatar

Desirable Reveler

7,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
Hildr

User Image

Hildr looked at the shield carefully, judging its weight and checking its condition with a critical eye. Dropping her banded iron one, she strapped on the steel and swung it around, testing the weight. Weighed about the same, but some work could probably be done to improve it, and it wasn't as battle tested as her old shield. Still it was something of an upgrade.

"Alright then." She said, accepting the deal and the coins and stowed her old shield, planning to do something with it later. "Now, I have one other thing that you may be interested in." She then produced her old hunting bow and showed it to the Khajit. "Now, this weapon was made in Riverwood, made with wood from that town's well known mill. It is about a straight shooting weapon as you can find and as long as you can pull its string it will put food on the table. I don't recommend it for hunting anything that can fight back, though. I'll let you have it for 65 septims."

Equipment: Ancient Nord Armor Set(legendary), Ancient Nordic Sword (Legendary), Steel Shield, Dwarven Dagger, Imperial Bow, (Fine), Steel Arrows, Amulet of Talos

Backpack: Healing Potions, Lockpicks, Blue Dress, Cuffed Boots, Leather Bracers, Venison, Giant's toe, Bear Claws, 3 Wolf Pelts, Nord Mead, 3 bowls of Mammoth Cheese, Hunting Bow (Fine), Banded Iron Shield (superior)

Crytuf's avatar

Shapeshifter

═━┈ɑɾ'ȵееɾɑ ɑȿɦееȡ┈━═

User Image

Dar'neera took the pelts and rand her hand over the furs, very content with the condition and thickness of them. She had started to roll up the pelts when the woman went on to produce another weapon. A bow this time. Handing the Pelts over to the Breton assistant Dar'neera looked over the wood and condition of the weapon. Dar'neera was by no means a weapon smith, but enough of them had come and gone through her paws that she could tell a good one when they came around. Taking the bow from the woman, Dar'neera ran her ringed fingers over the wood and string, testing it while the woman spoke of it and it's price. Looking back to the woman with her blue eyes, the Khajiit nodded as the Dunmer handed the woman her asked price of sixty five Septims.
"Again fair my friend. It may suit us well."
She said, setting the weapon against the wall of her tent as she spoke. Turning back to the woman, Dar'neera smiled and placed her hands together.
"Is there any other business you wish to have with this one?"
Dar'neera asked, happy for the business but not so much the loss of Septims, a fact that did not even cross her business woman face.
Sayla-girl's avatar

Desirable Reveler

7,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
Hildr

User Image

"Two things, actually." Hildr said as she pocketed the coins. "Firstly, there's a Khajit thief in town, a stripped fellow by the name of Khairjiro. You might want to avoid dealing with him. He's already been caught twice for pitpocketing and if you associate with him, the locals may think you're working together. It could be bad for your business. Secondly, I'm heading out to Whiterun Hold. If you need anything carried out that way, I'd be glad to take it along with me and drop it off for you."

Equipment: Ancient Nord Armor Set(legendary), Ancient Nordic Sword (Legendary), Steel Shield, Dwarven Dagger, Imperial Bow, (Fine), Steel Arrows, Amulet of Talos

Backpack: Healing Potions, Lockpicks, Blue Dress, Cuffed Boots, Leather Bracers, Venison, Giant's toe, Bear Claws, 3 Wolf Pelts, Nord Mead, 3 bowls of Mammoth Cheese, Hunting Bow (Fine), Banded Iron Shield (superior)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Servant to Dragons


User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.


Out of the corner of Drexyl's eye, he saw movement which caused him to reach for the staff on his back but as he waited, he noticed it to simply be a young girl who was now standing over the dragon mound. What was a little girl doing out here in the wilderness all on her own? It took him even longer of a time to recognize her as the girl from the inn that was seen with the man he had mistaken for "just a mage." Was it possible that this girl was something more as well? He pulled his hand away from the staff and approached the girl slowly.

"Excuse me, miss! Mind if I ask what you're doing out here?" he warily approached the girl before stopping several feet away. Unless this girl was extremely lucky, there must have been something unique about her for her to survive out here alone.
Zoids_Emperor's avatar

Eloquent Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image



~ Mordred Fire-Star ~
:: Mage Extraordinaire ::
{ Dark Brotherhood Assassin }


Mordred was preparing to dismiss the boy from his presence so he'd get started on reclaiming his amulet from Fort Dawnguard. They both seemed to notice Juliana at the same time, but unlike his new associate, Mordred stepped back out of sight, not sure of how his little vampire would take such news. Mordred growled slightly, hoping that his new cultist wouldn't go running his mouth about secrets that only they should know for now.

Its not that he didn't trust Juliana or the brotherhood, but he didn't want to risk losing either of them just yet, he could still use them. Then again, if he did tell them, there would be a strong chance they would support him in his goals. He was contemplating each possible outcome that would occur from him telling and not telling the 'family'. "Damn, there are just too many variables to make a decision just yet..." He crouched down and began to sneak around the new cultist and Juliana to try and avoid being seen.



User Image
Ivy_132's avatar

Dangerous Lunatic

9,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Juliana
User Image

I'mxxxn otxxxasxxxinnocentxxxasxxxxxxseem.


User Image

                                      Juliana looked up sharply when someone spoke, having been too occupied with the burial mound to notice the others. How... Careless of her. If one of her brothers or sisters would have been around they would have smacked her upside of her head. She smiled at the thought, knowing she would give them a little bite for that one. She looked at the man wearily before putting on her best innocent face. "I was out for a walk and I saw a dragon." She said, shrugging her shoulders. "I wanted to see where it came from, I didn't know that they were coming alive again." She said, her voice taking on a sound of childish wonder that she could slip oh so easily into.

                                      Of course, with her frame of mind the way it is, she could easily slip into her childish tendencies, happened when you were turned at such an early age. One little part of you stayed the kid, which, in her line of work, worked wonders. No one ever suspected a child after all. She smiled at the thought, before looking back at him. "Did the dragon come from here?" She asked curiously, but the more important question on her mind was, would it come back? She prayed to Sithis it wouldn't.
Crytuf's avatar

Shapeshifter

Sayla-girl
((Sorry for holding you up, got busy.))


═━┈ɑɾ'ȵееɾɑ ɑȿɦееȡ┈━═

User Image

While she listened to the other woman speak, Dar'neera waved her hands to have her two people set out the rest of her wears for the other people of Dawnstar to see if they took interest. However, when the other spoke of another Khajiit, Dar'neera's ears twisted to listen before before her head followed, giving a look to the woman then past her into the town. A Khajiit in town, he must have some high friends. Flashing a quick smile toward the other Dar'neera nodded her head.
"Thank you for the warning friend. Dar'neera will keep her distance until things calm down."
She replied after the other explained about Khairjiro, which only did good to peak her interest about the other Khajiit.

But, the woman went on to offer a service to the cat woman, which was a bit off putting to her. Shaking her head slightly she waved off the comment, her many rings flashing in the morning sun.
"Thank you for the offer, but Dar'neera's and associates can handle the items."
She explained, again motioning to the Breton, Dunmer, and even the brown horse she owned that was still hitched to a nearby tree. The Khajiit then bowed to the woman.
"Glad to have done business with you friend."
Sayla-girl's avatar

Desirable Reveler

7,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
Hildr

User Image

Hildr understood the Khajit's unwillingness to trust her. While she was only being neighborly, the Nord could see where a stranger offering delivery services could be seen as suspicious.
"Fair enough. Stay safe, friend." She said as she turned to face the southern road.

That is when she saw it. A monstrous reptilian form soaring easily through the blue sky. There was no mistake as to what it was.
"Shor's bones..." She muttered quietly. If she let the thing go, there was no telling what it would do or who it would kill. She could not let the beast do as it wished. She had to find it and take it down.

She turned back to look at the town and the Caravan, and the woman realized she needed to take the beast down away from the comparatively defenseless mining town. She gave a brief thought to taking the Khajit's horse to catch up with the beast, but that was not the heroic thing to do. Looks like she was just going to have to hoof it.

Without a further word, the Dovahkiin ran off in pursuit of the dragon, swiftly drawing bow as she ran, her blue eyes on the monster as she dashed off across the wilds.

Equipment: Ancient Nord Armor Set(legendary), Ancient Nordic Sword (Legendary), Steel Shield, Dwarven Dagger, Imperial Bow, (Fine), Steel Arrows, Amulet of Talos

Backpack: Healing Potions, Lockpicks, Blue Dress, Cuffed Boots, Leather Bracers, Venison, Giant's toe, Bear Claws, 3 Wolf Pelts, Nord Mead, 3 bowls of Mammoth Cheese, Hunting Bow (Fine), Banded Iron Shield (superior)

Alba Derosso's avatar

Shy Seeker

The Man

The Fang of Hircine


It was a restless sleep, with Kujo rolling around fitfully. His leg kicked a bit as a growl caught in his throat, the inner beast clawing to get free. For the most part, he could control; sometimes, it controlled him. This would be a moment when the wolf inside broke free of whatever chains he kept it in. The transformation was familiar by now; his entire body was growing, getting long and larger. A tail sprouted from the base of his spine, razor sharp claws growing from his fingers and toes, and his face extending to a muzzle. The pain had faded away as his rage took over, and Kujo howled to the heavens themselves, joined with the pack of wolves he hunted with earlier.

The winds carried the voices of his brethren, their words flowing to him. The new beast was near, west of here and leaving the large settlement of two legs. The werewolf let out a loud roar before tearing off in that direction, the wolf pack spanning out around him and howling every now and then for other wolves to hear; it was a wonderful tactic Kujo developed during his travels. The wolves of Skyrim could theoretically stay connected as long as there were enough wolves placed in specific spots to howl messages.

Tonight would be the first test.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Servant to Dragons


User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.


Drexyl eyed the young girl suspiciously but there was nothing to indicate she was anything other than just a girl that had wandered away from home. He sighed before looking back at the remains of the Dragon's Den. "Yes, me and my coll..." he turned around, looking to where the man he knew as Lord Xiesin was standing but now he was gone. "...well, I - I was doing some research for The College of Winterhold when I saw the Dragon awaken here. It's gone now." The story would check out, on the off-chance this girl wasn't what she seemed. He was in fact a member. "Listen, girl. You should head back to your mother and father, they're probably worried about you. It's dangerous out here." He couldn't think of any towns within walking distance for such a young girl but he supposed there could be a small cabin around somewhere.

He had more pressing matters to deal with, such as impenetrating Dawnguard. He may be able to enlist the aid of some bandits. He was certain there were many valuables worth stealing there. And besides, all he needed was the amulet. If he had to go it alone, he would need a plan.
Ivy_132's avatar

Dangerous Lunatic

9,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Juliana
User Image

I'mxxxn otxxxasxxxinnocentxxxasxxxxxxseem.


User Image

                                      Juliana listened to him, frowning when he trailed off. "Do you know what woke up the dragon?" She asked, letting her voice take up an air of curiosity. "My papa told me stories about when the dragons woke up last time, he said there was another dragon waking them up. Is that dragon back too?" She questioned, looking up at him.

                                      She needed to follow him. She would find out what he was doing here, and where he was going. Perhaps if she tailed him, she would be able to find out what the hell was going on around here. Besides. If another dragon popped up she would get the hell away. Something was bringing the dragons back, and as far as she knew the last Dovakiin had defeated Alduin in Soveinguard. Was he back too? Gods she hoped not.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Servant to Dragons


User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.


Drexyl sighed as the girl followed him as he began working himself away from Shearpoint, "you ask a lot of questions you know that?" he said, not making eye contact with the girl as he looked around for any sign of Xiesin, though there was none. It was only understandable that he not want to make himself known. "I only just saw the dragon coming up from there," he said, motioning to a spot near the bottom of the hill from which one could see the burial mound. "When I got up there, he was gone so I don't know what was waking them up. As for the other dragon that was waking them up... I assume it's possible, though I wouldn't place any bets on it. Alduin was destroyed by the 'Dovahkiin' all those years ago." He said the word Dovahkiin with a faint bite to it. He knew Alduin could never be completely destroyed. He would return and this world would end.

"Now let me ask you something. What town do you live in? It would only be right for me to take you back home with the dragons about." He could have cared less about the girl personally, though he would need to make sure she wasn't too much of a hindrance to his plan.
Ivy_132's avatar

Dangerous Lunatic

9,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Juliana
User Image

I'mxxxn otxxxasxxxinnocentxxxasxxxxxxseem.


User Image

                                      "Ah... Okay." Juliana said, nodding her head. Her mind worked furiously, trying to figure out a possible solution to the new problem that arose. Alduin couldn't be back, she would have heard him, or at least saw him or something. No... Something else was bringing the dragons back, and she wanted to know what.

                                      She blinked when he spoke again, a blank look coming onto her face. "Oh, thats okay." She said with a tiny smile. "I can make it home by myself. I dont live too far from here, bye mister." She said, and giving him a small wave, she disappeared into the trees. She waited a few moments before putting an invisibility spell on herself, and started following him again.
User Image
Eriik Valheir
Whiterun Guard

After a while of looking around the hold and taking a quick sweet roll break in the guard barracks he headed out the gates to have a look around the farms. He looked over at a guard standing by the gates and was surprised to see the one supposed to be on the other side wasn't there. "Where is the other guy?" Eriik asked the guard who slowly turned to him. "He just walked off awhile ago, maybe he saw some commotion... either way it doesn't matter, we've just been telling people coming in interesting things." Eriik sighed and leaned on the stone wall near the hold gates. "I heard that you just came back from Rorikstead." He said to the other guard while gazing up at the sky. "Yes, they kept complaining about not having enough guards to fend off dragons. I tell you, I was there for the longest time... nothing." The guard spoke in a disappointed tone. "Figures... people worry about dragons too much. Something really scary is these damned shopkeepers giving almost nothing for good items." Eriik said while shaking his head.

Location: Whiterun.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Servant to Dragons


User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.


As soon as Drexyl was sure the girl had gone, he turned back towards where his horse was mounted and began riding off towards Riften. Once there, he would keep the horse in the stables, maybe stock up on some supplies and see if he could find some sellswords. If not, then he would have to wage a tactical assault on a group of vampire hunters by himself. He decided to run over what he knew of them in his head. It was the most efficient tactic when it came to warfare - analyze your opponent and determine their weak spots. There were so many factors to determine - the soldiers' morale, their allegiance to the organization, how well armed they were, and the weaker points of the fortress. If they had low morale, they would be easy to frighten away with a big enough attack. If their allegiance was weak, he could persuade them to assist him for a price.

He began going through his skills in his head. He excelled in Destruction, Alteration, and Restoration Spells while completely lacking in Illusion and Conjuration, both of which would come in handy, let alone stealth skills. Sneaking was pretty much out of the question. However, with his armor spells and healing spells he could outlast most soldiers. All he needed was a diversion, he needed some way of drawing the guards to one spot where he could take them out with one powerful spell and the rest would be a piece of cake.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games