< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Dapper Bear

10,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
User Image

_____Let's leave no words unspoken
__ ᴀ ɴ ᴅ xx ꜱ ᴀ ᴠ ᴇ xxʀ ᴇ ɢ ʀ ᴇ ᴛ ꜱ xx ꜰ ᴏ ʀ xx ᴛ ʜ ᴇ xx ʙ ʀ ᴏ ᴋ ᴇ ɴ .xxixxy o uxxs e e
_________Will you even look back when you think of me?
_____ᴀ ʟ ʟxx ɪ xx ᴡ ᴀ ɴ ᴛ xx ɪ ꜱ ᴀ ᴩ ʟ ᴀ ᴄ ᴇ xx ᴛ ᴏ xx
_____________ CALL MY OWN
Where: Wall Rose - Klorva District -> Central Court. Who: Saskia. What: Shopping -> Passing out supplies -> Resting at the Barracks

Rolyn swore, that he would grow old one day and have a farm. A small one, with two cows, a few sheep and a dog. Strong healthy breed that would fetch him a good stick to play with.

These last few days have gone by in a blur for Rolyn. Ever since the titans broke through, activity has skyrocketed. With shepherding through the refugees and keeping the peace, he hardly found the time for a proper nap anymore. Even those of the higher ups were feeling the stress from the walls breaking. If it wasn't for the hassle of making sure everyone was clothed, fed, and sheltered... they were still stressed about the possibility of the titans making a return. He honestly regretted not being their to help his friends... but he just couldn't risk dying like that.

Bags filled with snacks of fruit and day old bread, Rolyn saw the effects of the disaster was having on the citizens. He spent much more than he had wanted to, most of his last pay was drained into feeding those without anyone to care for them. Others of the garrison saw him as weak, thinking him a pushover as well as a lazy bum, but he didn't care really. His father taught him the value of sacrifice. Blood for blood, sweat for tears my boy. Bleed for your family, for your fellow man, and they will cry tears of joy for your hard work. These words stuck with Rolyn, ringing true with every face that smiled at him. Many thanked him in mutters, with puzzled stares or even silence. It was all worth it to try and keep everyone alive and calm. A walk that should have taken him about fifteen minutes ended up being more than an hour. He had hoped his COs didn't think he was slacking off again.

On his way to the barracks, he only had a little over half a dozen apples to pass around. "Anyone around?." He called out to anyone from his sqaud, despite not knowing who was around, while digging into the bag to get himself a crisp green one. "Hmm, these may do well in a pie actually," he mumbled to himself well heading deeper inside. Upon seeing a new face walking off by herself, Rolyn stopped mid chew. He knew the feeling before the graduation, he ended up puking twice before the night rolled around. Swallowing, he smiled at her before walking over to her. "Ah, you must be one of the new recruits from the academy. Name's Rolyn." He thought that he made a good impression, though it was hard to tell from the look in her eye. "Snack to calm your nerves?," he offered while digging into the bag, bringing out another bright green.

________________________ROLYN FARFALLA SAGARO
_____To xx mend xxthe xxhearts xxxxof xx everyone
_______________________________ᴡʜᴏ ꜰᴇᴇʟꜱ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ
__________________You xxknow xxto xxa l l xxt h exx p a y xx keep xx your hopes up high xx
ᴀɴᴅ Yᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʟᴏᴡ .
_______________________________________________________________- - - - - - - - - - -
User ImageUser Image
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

User Image

The death that came from the fall of Wall Maria could only have been expected. Such an unprecedented failure of humanity's defenses so rapidly had caught everyone by surprise, and though the initial panic had faded away no one really had the ability to feel safe anymore. With the way the situation seemed, it was as if everyone was just waiting for when it would happen again; how long did they have until the next wall was overwhelmed, and humanity died with no more than a whimper? Truly, the clock had begun to tick down on humanity's brief existence.

Despite this, Calypso simply never stopped smiling. It seemed that not even the current dire situation was enough to keep the corners of her lips from being turned upwards. It had been ever constant during both times of duty and times of rest, like during the few days between the major evacuation and the mission that was, in simple terms, a trial run today. Whether or not anyone actually took comfort from it was on a case by case basis, because as many who thought it to be friendly just as many probably thought it was dangerous.

It was this smile she wore as she rode her horse along with the rest of the Survey Corps for the mission. While many looked to the Survey Corps with hope, the fear was all too clear in the faces of the civillians as well. What the military would do in the coming days would have a massive impact over the lives of all, though it was yet to be seen if it truly mattered at all. For the sake of what little peace they had, they would have to at least act like they knew it mattered.

One horse ahead of Corporal Lerwick, Calypso looked back over her shoulder to her friend as the much shorter woman spoke to her from her horse. After just a moment of listening, she nodded, making sure to glance back forwards as the Survey Corps continued along the road. Still she smiled as she answered, tilting her head a little as she did so:

"Of course~ I made sure to, this time~ We couldn't let things simply be left as sour as they seemed before~"

Indeed, most of Calypso's free time had been spent with her friend from the days of training. It had been nice to catch up for a little, though the time certainly didn't seem to be nearly enough now that it was all over. She was happy to take what she could, though.

"I'm sure she knows you meant to say goodbye~ She knows we're all busy~"

She turned in her seat a little, even as the continued to go along-

"Today is certainly going to be interesting, I believe~ How do you feel about today, though~?"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬xxx
                                                      I GUESS I'LL NEVER KNOW ニャンニャンニャンhehegreedylittlebastard....
                                                      ニャンxxニャンxxニャンxxニャンxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      SOME THINGS UNDER THE SUN ( )imhere.
                                                      COULD NEVER BE UNDERSTOOD ( )iamherewaiting.
                                                      HOW CAN WE BELIEVE IN ( HEAVEN ) ┊ニャンニャンニャンニャンニャン xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      ▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ xxx
                                                      ニャンxxニャンxxニャンxxニャンxxニャンxxニャンxxxx

Girl-Crazy Gawker

User Image
                                            Don’t give me love, don’t give me f a i t h
                                            xxxxxxxxxWisdom nor pride, give i n n o c e n c e instead

xxxxxxxxxxxxDon’t give me love, I’ve had m y..s h a r e
                                            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxB E A U T Y . N O R . R E S T , G I V E . M E . T R U T H . I N S T E A D . . .
                                            ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                                            Aυɗɾεɣ Hɑɾɾɩεϯ Lεɾϣɩϲӄ
                                            Corporal for the Survey Corps.

Calypso was right- Alexus probably did know she meant to, but as mentioned, they'd been busy. She let out a content sigh and nodded, letting her smile come back in full. She looked up at the wall as they approached and as those in the front ranks halted their horses, Audrey did the same. Once the gate was open, it was time to see just what they were going to be dealing with. On the upside, it probably wasn't as bad as it had been before, outside the walls completely... On the down side, it had been nearly two weeks, and it was hopeful thinking, to assume more titans hadn't gotten in, than those at the Wall Maria incident. Still, that couldn't effect her now. She had to focus if they were to survive out there. She'd gone this long without losing her life, hopefully it would continue.

To Calypso's question, Audrey thought in silence a moment before answering, "I feel.. kind of sick, to be honest. Is this all really worth it..? I understand that they need to investigate the gates... But risking our lives for the sake of one... We're supposed to do this for humanity, right? Then why don't we just go in smaller groups? Groups that wouldn't grab the attention of Titans so quickly..?" she frowned slightly then, scrunching her nose a little, thinking harder about it, "This doesn't make sense... Unless Commander Alvaro has something more planned to get out of this ride? I wonder.. what he's thinking."

Her emerald gaze looked forward focusing on the back of Zachary's head for a moment, her eyes narrowing, nose scrunching a bit more, as though she was trying to read his mind. Her concentration was broken, however, when his hand rose. She sat up straight, and shook her head slightly before turning her attention to him, from her thoughts.

His hand slowly fell from the air, his head tilting back, looking up toward the few Garrison members on the wall. He took a deep breath, and let his voice bellow out over the ranks of his men, "Today... Today is the day, men! We ride between our walls, and yet we still ride through Titan Territory! You are all aware of the formation, and aware of the plan! Stay true to it! To our spotters ahead of me, and all others behind- Godspeed!" The silence that resounded around him after he finished, was nerve wracking. He could only assume that everyone was just as nervous, if not more so, than he was about doing this, but it was what had to be done. They couldn't stay behind Wall Rose forever- they had to retake Maria, dispatch the Titans between, and let the people live in peace once more... Yet still, as he grabbed the reins of his horse, he kept a rather dead-pan expression, leading his men, he knew, to their death... If it could make a difference... even a small one, however... He took another deep breath, looking strait ahead. "Open the gate!"

It was done. Time to ride. Audrey's eyes focused a little more, and as the gate open she felt her heartbeat race. It was different than usual. Usually it would be in excitement, this time in fear- it felt like her first ride, all over again. The same terror, filling her mind as she thought 'how many of us will die this day?'. Orders were orders, though, and she trusted Zachary with her life- she had since she'd met the man, and nothing would change that.

As the others started off, she raced with them through the gate, ducking in close to her horse as she rode, coming up next to Calypso for a moment. "I'll see you when this is all through, Caly. Don't go dyin' now! I don't want to explain to Lexi what happened, if you do! I'm more scared of her, than the titans!" with a wide grin and a quick wink, she pulled her goggles down over her eyes and veered off to the right, taking formation with her small squad of three. If she was remembering correctly, she was between the spotters, and Calypso's squad. It was close enough for comfort, but just far enough away that she was a little uncomfortable. She'd told Calypso not to die... But she was seated closer to the centre ranks than Audrey was. The promise of meeting though, after this was all done and through... the small Corps. member intended on keeping that promise.

Snow white, pitch-black, your life such
          eaveɳϣarɗ, deep d o w ȵ, I'll show you such s i g h t sxxx
          ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅
          B E L I E V E x I T x W E x L I V E x A S x W E x D R E A M . . . W E x L I V E x A S x W E x S C R E A M . . .xxxxxx

L O C A T I O N: Wall Rose - Klorva District. tab tab tab W I T H: The Survey Corps. tab tab tab M O O D: Nervous, questioning a few of the Commander's plans.

Hardcore Hunter

Now the dark begins to risexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxi
S A V E x Y O U R x B R E A T H x I T ' S x F A R x F R O M x O V E R ,x.
User Image
Leave the lost and dead behind.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Now's your chance to run for cover...
xxxxxx

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ Ɍɑɩɀεȴ Ƀσκɑȿɦ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx All is lost again, but I'm not giving in

"B-but! Surely there is someone more qualified! I... I'm just a Squad Leader, why me?!"
                                      The decision wasn't hers to make, but it was hers to accept... Which, of course, she had, though it took a bit of prodding from her superiors. Sergeant Major of the Garrison... It was an honor, a title to be held with pride- but it did come with a lot of responsibility, as it were. Being just a Squad Leader, she had gained the type of leadership skills needed for such a dangerous job, but that was only over a small number of people- now that she carried this high title... She was responsible for the Garrison as a whole. The reason for her promotion, however, still saddened her. Gerik, Commander Romberg, whatever he desired to be called now, had been transferred, though Raizel didn't where. All she knew was that he was gone from the Garrison, and had left her in his place...

That, of course, was days ago. She now oversaw the newest class from the Training Regiment, at least those that would be under her command- not that she knew who that would be, until the new recruits chose where they would be stationed. Honestly, Raizel completely expected her fledglings to be few in number, as most were talking about joining the Survey Corps- not that she blamed them, after the loss of the wall... She could say, given the choice, that she would have joined their ranks as well, but that would have been a lie. Raizel would much rather be in the city, protecting the citizens from the danger of Titans within the walls- now that the threat was real, and realized.

These thoughts clouded her mind as she walked, finding herself near the Wall- as she had been lately. Something out of the corner of her eye caught her attention however- a shock of bright red hair, and a face she recognized, along with a young man she knew. "I wasn't aware you two knew each other. Hello Rolyn, hello Saskia." She greeted the two of them with a voice that matched her expression- tired. "How goes your day, so far?"

I don't want to change the world, I just want to leave it colder
                                      ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
                                      Garrison Sergeant Major

Light the fuse and burn it up, take the path that leads to nowhere

L O C A T I O N: Klorva District tab tab tab W I T H: Saskia, Rolyn. tab tab tab M O O D: Tired...

Girl-Crazy Gawker

User Image
                                            Home inside, but lost for life
                                            xxxxxxxxxHuman heart l o n g i n g for l o v e

xxxxxxxxxxxxS l a v exto the xt o i l , thisxm o r t a lx c o i l
                                            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThe S T R I F E , The S U F F E R I N G , The V O I D . . .
                                            Șɑȿӄɩɑ Νɩӽɩε ѵσɳ ξɩɳȿɩεɗεʃ
                                            Fresh from training - Garrison

Saskia hadn't been seated for very long, before a man of the Garrison unit approached her with a bag. She didn't really pay him much mind at first, but as he began to speak, her icy blue hues shifted to look at him. To his assumption, she nodded and smiled slightly. "Yeah, I am. Kind of nervous about tonight-" That's when he offered her an apple. She turned her head finally to look at the apple, then up to his face. She reached to take the apple and smiled a little more. "Thank you."

She rubbed the surface of the apple on her shirt a little, before lifting it and biting a chunk off. It was good.. crisp and crunchy, how she liked them. She looked back forward, toward the centre of the courtyard and gave a small sigh. "I'm thinking of joining your ranks, ya know..? The Garrison is pretty important. And.. I'm not really good enough to be part of the corps anyway. I'd die... just like-" she stopped herself, and gave a soft chuckle, "Listen to me... Talking to you like this... I appreciate the apple, really." that's when she heard a familiar voice.

She kept her seated position for a moment, looking over to who would be her commander come tomorrow, and with that thought, her eyes widened, and she tossed the apple to her left hand and tossed her arm behind her back, her right coming up in Salute. "Commander Bokash." As she stood there in silent salute after addressing Raizel, the two of them, Raizel and Rolyn, would've seen her adoptive father in her stance. Such a proud salute and clearly from the heart. Her eyes closed slowly and she bowed her head as Raizel asked about their day. She slowly lowered her salute and took her seat again. "Ah, we... we don't really know each other at all. We've just met." she admitted, "My morning has been... uneventful, to say the least. Save meeting Rolyn, here." she gave another small smile.

The smile was complimented with a pale-pink shirt under her jacket, the two together, showing that she was healing. Slowly, she would regain her old self. It started here, in these small actions. She'd been wearing nothing but black shirts with her uniform since the fall of Wall Maria, and her smile was rare, due to the death and destruction she had witnessed. Most knew the situation, that her father and many friends from her class, had died that day. Not to mention the civilians and other soldiers she didn't know. And yet she smiled. Perhaps a mask- though she'd managed to speak to Rolyn, no matter how small a conversation it was, and despite him being the one to initiate their interaction, she found it... comforting, that she would be able to start talking with others again.

Frozen m o m e n t s in t i m e
          Little h i d e a w a y s , the marrow of l i f exxx
          L I T T L E x H I D E A W A Y S x F O R x A x L O N E L Y x H E A R Txxxxxx

L O C A T I O N: Wall Rose - Klorva District. tab tab tab W I T H: Rolyn and Raizel. tab tab tab M O O D: Nervous, yet grateful.

Dapper Bear

10,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
User Image

__ ᴀ ɴ ᴅ xx ꜱ ᴀ ᴠ ᴇ xxʀ ᴇ ɢ ʀ ᴇ ᴛ ꜱ xx ꜰ ᴏ ʀ xx ᴛ ʜ ᴇ xx ʙ ʀ ᴏ ᴋ ᴇ ɴ .xxixxy o uxxs e e
Where:Central Court. Who: Saskia. Raizel. What: Resting at the Barracks

He returned her smile, genuinely pleased by her pretty face. Her eyes were kind of like his own, blue in color, but different in nature. Where as his were sharp, deep pools that shined with much light, her's looked cold and distant. He lifted his smile a bit more, "you're welcome, don't worry bout it," he said in response before he continued to eat his own. He rested his back against a pillar and gazed upon the courtyard with her, taking a bit of apple every so often.

He lifted an eyebrow as she stopped herself mid-sentence. What did she mean, did she plan on dying already?, he pondered briefly before swallowing. "Well, if you join the Garrison, you won't have to worry. We are out little family here. Sure it is an important job, we have to protect the citizens as well as make sure nothing tries to sneak its way in here to mess up the walls." He turned to face her again, smiling and waving her off a bit. "Don't worry about the apple much, we all gotta work out for each other after all," he replied before her saw his Commander approach.

It was still strange to see Raizel in such a light. Afterall, she had been from his graduating class as well. Too have come so far in her career was an accomplishment that they were all proud of her for. He gave the same salute that Saskia did, albeit a lazier half-assed version. "nope, she was alone so I went to see if everything was alright. You know how I have an eye for good teammates, no offense, I did rank higher than you remember?" He joked with her, just like he did in their academy days. He often was wondering what would happen if he actually appealed himself, but at the same time he know what would happen. He wasn't a big fan of becoming titan food. "Saskia here was just telling me how she was thinking about how she was considering to join us with the Garrison, so I thought it would be best to bribe her with snacks and casual small talk." He chuckled at himself, he was always in good humor with his friends around.

He dug out another apple for his Commander, tossing it her way before taking a another bite. "Wha' 'bout ye'se'f?," he paused after already speaking with his mouth full to properly swallow. "What have you been up to since the sun came up? They give youse your new office yet?" He perked up a bit as he thought of something exciting. "Razi! I almost forgot! We gotta celebrate this! The rest of the squad should gather up for some drinks later on, a big dinner as well! ********, we can even have Saskia here come along to celebrate her graduation as well...", he paused and turned to the red head, "that is, if you wanna join us, no?"

There he went again, letting his imagination getting the better of him. He didn't even know if she had plans of her own set up and here he was planning events for her with everyone.

__________________You xxknow xxto xxa l l xxt h exx p a y xx keep xx your hopes up high xx
ᴀɴᴅ Yᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʟᴏᴡ .
_______________________________________________________________- - - - - - - - - - -

Hardcore Hunter

Now the dark begins to risexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxi
S A V E x Y O U R x B R E A T H x I T ' S x F A R x F R O M x O V E R ,x.
User Image
Leave the lost and dead behind.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Now's your chance to run for cover...
xxxxxx

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ Ɍɑɩɀεȴ Ƀσκɑȿɦ ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅ ▅▅▅▅

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx All is lost again, but I'm not giving in

To be completely honest, Raizel had been taken slightly aback by the ferocity of the girl's salute. She was her father's daughter, that much was for sure- Rolyn's half-assed followup was to be expected, and added such a contrast to the scene that the new Commander was sure this was a perfect picture of how others felt about her new role; some loyal to the core, some just seeing a new face in an old job. Nevertheless, Raizel returned the salute they gave her, though quickly dropped the formal stance. She listened to the pair with a small smile, more focused on Saskia's demeanor than her old comrade's. The girl was on the rebound, which was good news for everyone involved. The faster she could put the past behind her, the faster she could be back up to one-hundred percent.

"Well, at least you meet a friendly face- Rolyn's a good seed, always has been." Raizel offered a small smile to the girl before turning towards Rolyn. "Yes, I remember quite well that you ranked higher than me- Not that it matters anymore, I'm the one with the shiny new office." She teased slightly before an eyebrow raised, intrigued. "Thinking of joining the Garrison, and not the Survey Corps? You're one of the few- after the wall was breached, I thought the entire graduating class would be wearing the Wings of Freedom. Those that didn't join the Military Police, that is... Glad to hear we might be getting a new greenhorn." Catching the apple mid-sentence was almost second nature, and a thoughtful expression crossed her face as Rolyn spoke more, offering up plans for the evening, and extending an invitation to the new girl, as well. "I don't see why not. We're gonna need the boost, and I know you never really have trouble finding reasons to celebrate... If you're in Saskia, you're welcome among us, whether you join the Garrison or not." Razi sincerely hoped that she would join them- after her father had died, Commander Romberg had placed her in her care... Though that had only extended to getting her to safety, it felt as if she could protect her more than just that- to have her join the Garrison would mean she could keep a direct eye on her, instead of watching her go to her death via the Survey Corps... She shook that thought from her mind as quickly as it had come. The Survey Corps were damned good at what they did, and losing lives was part of the military as a whole- it just so happened that they lost more, as it was with the front lines...

Another grin crossed her face as she lifted the apple to take a bite. "I've just been scouting out around, seeing where I'll be stationed, you know. I've not officially been given the titular ceremony, but for all intents and purposes, I'm currently the Sergeant Major- I'm not sure how the ceremony works, if Romberg will 'bestow his title' on me or something, but I'm sure we'll find out. Either way... It's a totally new experience..."

I don't want to change the world, I just want to leave it colder
                                      Garrison Sergeant Major

Light the fuse and burn it up, take the path that leads to nowhere

L O C A T I O N: Klorva District tab tab tab W I T H: Saskia, Rolyn. tab tab tab M O O D: Tired...

Girl-Crazy Gawker

User Image
                                            Home inside, but lost for life
                                            xxxxxxxxxHuman heart l o n g i n g for l o v e

xxxxxxxxxxxxS l a v exto the xt o i l , thisxm o r t a lx c o i l
                                            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThe S T R I F E , The S U F F E R I N G , The V O I D . . .
                                            Șɑȿӄɩɑ Νɩӽɩε ѵσɳ ξɩɳȿɩεɗεʃ
                                            Fresh from training - Garrison

- TIME SKIPPEROO~ -

Saskia had spent the rest of the day with Rolyn. His company had managed to keep her calmed down a bit, despite just meeting him that day. The snacks were appreciated, and the friendly conversations had been needed. To anyone that knew her, passing by they'd see that she was really starting to become her old self again. She'd even managed to laugh a few times throughout the day. Though, like everyone else, it was plain to see that she was worried to hear the outcome of the Survey Corps.'s mission outside Wall Rose. The nervousness of her graduation was also on mind, though Rolyn had been a good distraction for that.

They'd talked about many things- Rolyn's life-style, his family, he'd even shared some recipes with her that she promised to try out when she had the chance. She'd told him about her father, mostly, that he'd adopted her and she didn't know her real parents, and that he'd died in the fall of Wall Maria. Not much more about her past though. She kept it lighthearted though. Nothing too depressing, not wanting to ruin his or her own moods. A good time like this was best left unspoiled, especially after her experience at the Wall Maria Incident.

He was a slacker, she'd learned, as well. It was a bit of an endearing trait in him though... It was odd, as she'd always tried so hard and still didn't live up to the potential that others thought she could achieve, and yet he likely had the potential that others pushed her to reach, yet threw it all out the window. If she could have the skill to be able to do that, if she wanted... Which she didn't... Well, she'd be a lot better-off, that was for sure. But her choice was made. She was joining the Garrison regardless. She was a poor fit for the Scouts, and hadn't placed nearly high enough in her class for the Military Police. A small sigh was huffed at the thought, but she kept her smile. The time was now. The time to chose.

As she stood there, feet together, right hand in a fist to her heart, left behind her back in salute. She would replace the emblem on her jacket from the Trainee Squad's swords, to the Garrison's roses.
                                            "Today, you trainee graduates will be given three choices! You can join the Garrison, who protect the towns and reinforcing the walls! The Survey Corps, who risk their lives beyond the walls in Titan territory! Or the Military Police, who serve the king, lead the people and protect internal order! Of course, only the top ten students who's names were just announced can join the Military Police!"

Saskia's eyes shifted to the ten people standing at the front of the class. Two people she knew actually hadn't been intended for the top ten, but those who were supposed to be in that line had died at Wall Maria. The thought was a bit sad- one of the two had been one that helped Saskia with proper use of the 3DMG during their training, and had become a quite good friend to the red-head. After her eyes had lingered a moment, she was caught by a dark-haired man stepping forward. On his jacket, the blue and white emblem. Wings of Freedom. Crest of the Survey Corps.

"The Survey Corps is currently in dire need of members, but we are not for the weak of heart, mind or stomach." he started- it was Commander Zachary Alvaro. She'd seen him before, but had never really paid much mind. He had been out and about, most of the time. Usually preparing for taking the corps beyond the walls.
                                            "If you join us, your friends or even you, yourself, may die. We are currently in the final phase of going beyond Wall Rose to re-take Wall Maria from the Titans. If you believe you have what it takes to face them head-on, as we do, then stay. Those in the top-ten who have decided to join the Military Police or Garrison, and all others who wish to join the Garrison, you are dismissed. All those wishing to join the Survey Corps's ranks and fight back, for a brighter future, remain here. Give us your heart!" he gave a salute of his own as the last four words were said, and after only a moment of people staying in their attention position, returning his salute, it wasn't long that the majority of the students began turning and walking off the parade square.

Saskia was one of them. The Garrison was now her home and family. Rolyn had mentioned a celebration for her... Now she just had to find him in the crowd...

Frozen m o m e n t s in t i m e
          Little h i d e a w a y s , the marrow of l i f exxx
          L I T T L E x H I D E A W A Y S x F O R x A x L O N E L Y x H E A R Txxxxxx

L O C A T I O N: Wall Rose - Klorva District. tab tab tab W I T H: Looking for Rolyn..? tab tab tab M O O D: Calming down, a little happy.

Dapper Bear

10,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
User Image

Where:Central Court. Who: Saskia. Raizel. What: Resting at the Barracks

His attendance wasn't demanded, but he did enjoy seeing what new recruits would possibly come his way. It usually meant that the work load wouldn't be as tough on him from now on. He stood at full salute until his arms grown tired and achy, before switching to a more relaxed pose, and listening to the speech that Commander Zachary Alvaro gave. Most likely drafted by himself, he seemed like a man to take action on his own. 'I swear he almost, ALMOST, got me feeling like I could do anything. He had such a way with words...' Rolyn's thoughts echoed his sense of pride for wearing the uniform around his fragile, squishy body. He had dreams once, of leading the great military. He gave them up however after realizing that a nobody scrub like him would get anywhere fast. Papa couldn't buy him his way up the ladder and his brothers could bully him into better social circles anymore.

He was on his own and he loved it more than anything.

Yawning, he turned as the new recruits made their way to mingle and mill about with their friends and future comrades. However, the first class ******** up discovered a friend of his own. "Hey, Saskia!," he cried out as he waved her down in the crowd before jogging over to her. Ten feet max and he was already out of breath. He needed to lay off his own cooking. He wheezed a bit before regulating himself. "So, hows it feel to be in one of the big three main branches? Hopefully that badge can bring some color back in your face." He gave for a cheeky grin before lightly grabbing her wrist. He leaned in close and dropped his voice to a whisper so only she could be heard really."Follow me. A couple of guys from my squad got some wine to go with our own private little feast." He didn't even ask her what plans she may of had before taking her away.

He quickly ducked away from main celebration into a unused hall where they were greeted with cheers and whistles. "So this is your girlfriend that you were hiding from us all this time, eh butterfly boy!?" "Get'em Rolyn! She looks like a real cutie~" "I knew it, he was hiding someone on the side! He always seemed like the type to have a mistress!" Rolyn could feel his face warm as he blushed but waved away his comrades before gesturing to the guest of honor herself.

"You guys know that I don't swing that way guys! This is Saskia, I told you guys about her earlier. She is going to be joining our squad soon enough. So stop being a bunch of assholes and make her feel comfortable!"

ᴀɴᴅ Yᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʟᴏᴡ .

Fashionable Grabber

10,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
User ImageUser Image

"Talk" Think

Today had been a busy day, what with all of the reports and files that the Major had buried himself in. His attention was completely on this current project, save for when he needed to send Alexus off to find more for him to review. The girl was loyal and didn't complain when given orders; it made her quite valuable. In fact, that particular trait was also shown value, when she kept track of Seth's schedule for him. In this particular case, it was to remind the older male that the graduation ceremony for the new recruits was about to begin. Such ceremonies and public appearances did not suit the Major in the slightest; however, he had to appear - his station demanded it.

So as the sun began to set, the ceremony began. All of those little soldiers standing proud, afraid, sad... a variety of emotions swimming through the air. Seth stood straight and expressionless, his cane grasped firmly as he kept himself standing. He had forgotten to take his medication, between all of his work.. but there would be no signs of weakness from the Major, not to the untrained eye, at least. The newest official soldiers were all sent off without too much of a hassle, save the few that had decided they would join the Survey Corps. Seth took that as his sign to leave. As he would begin taking his leave of the stage, he would beckon the Sergeant to follow suit. In her hands were files that her superior officer had deemed too important to leave in his temporary office; this practice actually quite normal for the girl.

It wouldn't be too long before Seth would show signs of tiring, or at least, a slight wavering in his posture. Too much physical exertion without his medication would begin to cause a great deal of pain, and it seemed as though he would get to that point fairly soon. However, it seemed that his escape from this place would not go unhindered. Seven new 'soldiers' approached the two Military Police officers, all obviously quite eager to serve.

"Major Abramov, sir! We'd be honored to assist you in any way you need! Just tell us what to do!" One of the newest Military Police members said, piping up with equal parts enthusiasm and nervousness.

On top of none of the seven here scoring well enough to impress Major Abramov, it seemed that each of them was eager to serve... too eager. Especially the one who spoke; the one who was only in the top ten through some sort of skewed divine providence. Seth chose not to speak - instead, ignoring the fresh faces for now. Their attempts at flattery were not welcomed; especially not when the man whose a** they desired to kiss at this moment was in pain, and didn't want to be here to begin with. However, the old soldier found himself stopping when he heard that same voice from behind him.

"Here, let me carry those papers for you." The boy reached for the papers in Alexus' hands. "Surely I can at least do that for-" As soon as that boy's hands touched the files, he would feel the Major's cane slam against his cheek. The top-ten-by-default recruit hit the ground, forcing back tears as his cheek swelled, and an expression of shock and fear entering him as he looked up to meet the attacker's glare.

"You can serve me by knowing your place, boy," Major Abramov voiced aloud, glaring down at the fresh recruit. Even with one blind eye, his glare would still strike fear into most; perhaps that simply enhanced it, really. "Sergeant Crossman has earned enough of my trust to care for my things - you have not." His gaze soon turned to the remaining six who stood before him, flinching has his eyes made contact with their own. It was as if he attempted to engrave this memory into their very beings. "I would suggest you all take that into consideration as you make your way to Wall Sina." With that, the shoulders of the new recruits sank. The last the Major would see of them is as they helped up the other and left.

Once he and Alexus were out of sight, Seth grunted audibly. His teeth clenched and he began breaking a sweat, his good arm reach for the left, clutching it tightly. Perhaps... I should have held my temper a bit longer. Major Abramov's body shook as pain began to overwhelm him. It seemed that making an example of that boy put too much stress on his body, and his body began to feel like it was burning. It had always irritated Seth when others treated him like some crippled hero who needed constant attention.. but perhaps he had gone too far this time.

With: Alexus
          OOC: X3

Girl-Crazy Gawker

User Image
                                            Running for her life
                                            xxxxxxxxxThe dark rain from her eyes still falls

xxxxxxxxxxxxB R E A T H T A K I N G x B U T T E R F L Y
                                            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxC H O S E x a x D A R K x D A Y x to x L I V E
                                            Aɭεϰυȿ Șɩεɾɾɑ Ȼɾσȿȿɱɑȵ
                                            Sergeant for the Military Police Brigade.

The day passed just like any other, really. Errands being run for Seth, readying things for when they had to go to the graduation, and making sure everything was prepared enough beforehand. He, on the other hand, was sifting through files, working himself hard with this portion of the investigation. The blonde couldn't help but let out a sigh at some points when he asked her to gather more files for him. It wasn't a sigh of discontentment in helping him, however, and he'd know that much. It was more a sigh of 'perhaps you should take a break'. Yet still she would agree and run off to get them.

Many of the files he'd gone through, and some he hadn't yet, were gathered into Alexus' arms after she'd reminded her superior about the graduation ceremony. He'd made a stack for her that she'd keep with them so no one else could get their hands on them. The sun was down, so at least she would have both hands free for it...

As Seth readied himself to go, she grabbed a few more 'just in case' things, and turned to face him. "Ready to go, Sir." and with that, they were off. It was a slow pace, but luckily it wasn't too far away. The same building, even. Just in the parade square of Klorva's central command. It didn't take long after they'd gotten there for the graduating trainees to file in, take formation and for everyone to get started. Descriptions of each division were given, and her eyes glanced over the top ten. She remembered graduation when she looked upon them, and yet their eyes were much darker, their salutes much more heart-felt, and souls seemingly torn. When the top of the class stayed put to join the Survey Corps. Alexus frowned a bit. Not because she disagreed with the new member to the Scouts, but because she remembered also, when her friends had all stayed, and she had turned to join the Military Police instead.

A soft sigh escaped and she turned to follow Seth off the platform where the commanders and other high-ranking personnel stood. She was glad it was over- and a little surprised at how many of the top ten had joined the Military Police this year. She'd heard rumour that two of the top ten hadn't supposed to be there- so when ninth in the row came over to them, she frowned a bit more, though it was soon taken over with an apathy similar to the Major's own. She simply walked in silence, a few paces back from him, a few ahead of the new recruits. Though when one caught up, she looked to the boy's face. He was ninth, not supposed to be here. She ignored him at first, but as he spoke her eyes shifted over. "No, I don't think-" fingers touched files, and cane hit face.

Alexus stopped for only a moment, looking to the boy now on the ground and his friends who'd gone to help him up. Seth spoke then, and she just stared as he did. The recruit didn't exactly deserve a smack in the face so hard- she likely could've handled it to get him to not take them from her, yet when she turned to follow after Seth again, she couldn't help but smirk slightly, closing her eyes a moment before quickening her steps to take her place at his side, rather than slightly behind.
                                            "Sir, I don't mean to speak against your actions... But perhaps that was a tad unnecessary. A lesson well learned, but... unnecessary."

That's when he appeared weaker... more in pain. Eyes shifted to him and she shifted the files to hold them in one hand, the other hand reaching into her side-pouch, pulling out a small case, holding it over to him. "I had a feeling you hadn't..." she said softly, urging him to take it from her. "So I brought your medicine. Forgive me for going into your drawer, but I saw it as necessary."

Save one breath for me
          S A V E x O N E x death x F O R x M Exxx
          S O M E T I M E S x A x D R E A M x T U R N S x I N T O x A x D R E A Mxxxxxx

L O C A T I O N: Klorva District Central Command. tab tab tab W I T H: Seth - new recruits. tab tab tab M O O D: A tad entertained.

Fashionable Grabber

10,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
User ImageUser Image

"Talk" Think

Usually, Seth didn't forget to take his medication when it was needed. But it seemed that this investigation had numbed his senses to the point that he hadn't the slightest idea how bad the pain was becoming. That is, until now, after exerting himself in that previous matter. His first thought was to somehow return to his temporary office here in Klorva district, though moving was also the furthest thing from his mind. As Alexus spoke up, the older male turned.. his tired and pained gaze finding the small case; his medicine.

Slowly, Major Abramov retrieved the medication, struggling slightly to open the container (though it eventually gave way), and taking the prescribed amount. "There's no need.. to ask for forgiveness.." Seth managed to say between drawn-out breaths. His strength would slowly return to him, but as it stood at this moment, it would take all he had just to stay standing. "You were simply worried about my well-being." This was when, if her Sergeant was observant enough, a rare sight could be noticed. As Seth's body began to relax more, he smiled - ever so slightly - for just a moment.

Though the Major would regain his composure after a moment, the pain slowly starting to fade away with time. In regards to the statement Sergeant Crossman had made before, well.. he felt well enough to answer now. "No, you are right.. I apologize for my rashness." He paused again, his grip finally fully loosened from his left arm. "Perhaps... I'm simply exhausted." It was a strange thing, for Seth to even think such a thing. But their day had been rather eventful, with their arrival to the Klorva district beginning and ending with non-stop work.

This investigation, however, was important enough in Major Abramov's mind to be as thorough as possible with. If anything, one little detail was missed, it could mean that human society would be taken by storm again. This was not something he would allow - Wall Rose could not be lost. Though he was still breathing rather heavily, clearly collecting himself, his gaze would turn to the files Alexus carried. "There's much work to be done. I'm sure you know just as well as I do, how important our work here is." Seth valued the Sergeant for her intelligence as well - he knew she understood his motives with this investigation. Probably better than anyone, save himself.

With: Alexus
          OOC: X3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas