Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Noob

User ImageKEEP THIS AT THE TOP OF YOUR POST. IF YOU DON'T, I WILL SLAP THE EVERLOVING s**t OUT OF YOU.

Hyatt felt confused and a little hurt over his row Evan.

‘The kid is usually so laid back…’

‘No, wait. Not a kid…Evan made that clear.’ Hyatt could see why Evan would be upset about being referred to as a child, he really could sympathize, but at the same time it was frustrating because what they had just walked into was the darkest part of humanity, and no one, especially someone so pure should be involved with it in any capacity. Even if the danger wasn’t real (which it was) at the very least it would destroy whoever gazed upon it's faith in humanity.

‘I can’t be responsible for that. I can’t be responsible for another life like that.’

Hyatt could not understand Evan’s objection to being left somewhere safe. They just saw a SHADOW FALL lab for Arceus sake! They had fallen into a relic of the war and dealt with an abomination of humanity. It made Hyatt feel dirty and if he could, Hyatt would run far far away and never look back.

‘I can’t though, can I Rowan?’ Hyatt thought, allowing himself to revel in the memory of his lost friend. ‘ I made you a promise there on that cliff….’

The ghost of Rowan, had long since disappeared, but if Hyatt had been blessed with Evan’s power of sight he would have seen a flicker of his presence.

Hyatt sighed and rubbed his face. Today was not going to be a good day.

Evan had ended the argument insisting that he at least had to go to Vermilion. He made a great point that his Pokémon needed to be healed and Hyatt was in no position to deny him, so he relented, saying, "Fine. I'll take you to Vermilion City and we'll go from there," And thinking that perhaps on the way he could convince Evan of the merits of going home.

Of course on the walk over no such words were exchanged. The long walk stretched in the silence, there were no nice Francesca’s to help break up the monotony. Hyatt did not let any of his Pokémon out except for December, but even the hyperactive dog like Pokémon seemed subdued.

When they arrived at the city limits did Hyatt realize that Evan had named the monstrous Feraligatr. Something in his heart twitched. He opened his mouth to say something but there were no words.

It was only later when they had entered the LB office, a hulk of a building that Hyatt finally spoke.

“My friend Erika works in this Light Brigade office.” Hyatt felt himself explain, “If anyone can get something done she can. She was the best boss I ever had.”

The two boys wandered further in, a tall man with a smirk and hazel eyes bumped into Hyatt but did not apologize. He simply gave both lads an appraising look, lingering on Evan, then left. Hyatt watched him go with an odd look, He did not comment on the stranger however, because at that moment Hyatt spotted his ex-co worker. He went over to her desk, and got so caught up with chatting with her that he didn’t see Evan or December slip out.

“Oi! Tyson! Aren’t you a sight for sore eyes!” Erika fist bumped Hyatt, who reeled only slightly before slipping back into his old persona.

She was busy packing together some bright green boxes. Her ordinarily immaculate desk was a mess.

Oh, yes. Illegal immigrant, right.’

“Hey Erika,” Hyatt returned warmly. He genuinely liked the women. She was from Orre and was one of the only LB members who were actually good at her job. She had been this city’s chief officer since the end of the war and has been the only commander not to outright fire Hyatt for fighting (It was the one city he had legitimately been transferred from. Though, that isn't to say that there had been zero face punching...)

“Who was that guy with green eyes? I haven’t seen him before ever.” Hyatt asked.

“Oh Joseph Jeckeln… Yeah, he’s new. He’s okay I guess, a bit cold.” Erika said casually, miming the shivers.

The two of them chatted amicably for a few seconds before Hyatt told her the real reason he had stopped by, “I need to file a report about a class A war relic. There is a lab in Lavender Tower exposed to the public and-“ Hyatt leaned in, “Evidence of illegal experimentation.”

“Really!” Erika’s eyes widened. “That’s wow. That’s crazy. I wish… I wish I could go investigate.” She bit her lower lip in frustration.

“Huh? Why can’t you be put on the case?” Hyatt wanted to know. “I mean I know why I can’t, but you-“ Suddenly the boxes and messy desk suddenly made sense.

“You were fired weren't you?”

“Well… Y’know with the creeping withdrawal, there isn’t much use for so many staff members.” Erika shrugged.

“Y-Yeah…but- They just hired that guy didn’t they?” Hyatt felt sick; Erika always did rave the loudest about head office reform. If this was really part of the withdrawal then they wouldn't be adding new members would they? Hyatt remembered new recruits in Celadon as well.

“Huh? Oh I guess they did. He’s part of something else though, another sub-committee or something…”

“When did this happen?”

“Oh, yesterday actually. It was all very sudden. They are supposed to give two weeks, but they paid off the rest of my contract and back pay in full and then just ordered me out. But, don’t worry about it! It was going to happen sooner or later.” Erika hummed, “Anyway listen, I’m not in charge anymore but I can probably still get you the proper forms to send to head office.”

“What? Why can’t I just report to who is in charge now? I mean I know I am a disgrace but this is a real issue I should probably talk to someone... It's our job. ”

Erika bit her lip again, “Well… Joseph is the new leader.”

“Is someone speaking about me?” The man from earlier appeared eyes flashing, “Good afternoon Erika, who might this, be?” His voice had an almost cat like purring quality to it.

“Speak of the devil.” Erika smiled, then nudged Hyatt and whispered, “Don’t let my bitterness stop you from making a report. Y’now it’s the right thing to do.”

Hyatt bristled; he had not felt the other man’s presence and that unnerved him. Never the less, Erika was right. People needed to know about the Shadow Pokémon lab. Hyatt could think of no bigger affront to the peace effort. So, for the first time in a long time, Hyatt swallowed his pride, stood at attention, and made a formal report.

---

The man, Joseph, just nodded lazily, “You say there was a Pokémon in the lab?” he questioned after the story.

“I don’t think that was the key point to take away from the story, sir, but yes.”

“Where is this Pokemon, now? If what you say is true it could be a danger.”

It was in this instance Hyatt was aware that Evan was gone, “Um… We, me and my friend put it down sir, there is-was no danger,” Hyatt lied. There was no reason to do so, but something about Joseph was pinging Hyatt’s danger radar. Joseph didn't seem convinced of Hyatt's hasty back pedaling. Hyatt was a terrible spy.

“Anyway- As I can see it now, you have had a bit of a scare, what did you say your name was?”

“I didn’t.” Hyatt huffed, when he made no move to introduce himself Joseph continued.

“Well, anyway, Private, you need not worry, I already have the best men on the job. The Tower is being looked at as we speak.”

‘That fast!’ Hyatt blinked.

“As you can see a report has already been filed and is being seen to. Good job on the field work, but, as I made clear, It was not needed.”

“Oh, there ya go Ty. Everything’s all looked after.” Erika elbowed Hyatt. Joseph smirked and excused himself.

Hyatt watched him go, alarm bells sounding in his head but with no definitive reason why.

---

Later, Hyatt found himself at the local Pokemart, trying to find a peace offering for Evan.

‘Maybe if Evan sees I mean well he will see reason about going somewhere safe…’ Hyatt thought his mind still stuck on his encounter with Joseph and Erika. Something was not right, the clean up happened to fast, the cover up to extensive.

‘I suppose it is a national monument…. Hyatt hummed, maybe it was just that important that they had maintenance crews ready to go. It fits, it’s fine. I’m just paranoid. After all it’s a war memorial, they probably have to-‘

Hyatt froze.

War memorial. Lavender Tower was built to honour the dead AFTER the war.

‘So why is there a lab there…’

Hyatt could feel himself spyraling, his breathing becoming labored.

An angry shout pierced the air, when Hyatt heard it he went tearing off in the direction of the hospital- His body running on pure instinct and nerves. There was a mantra of LIES LIES LIES running through his head.

----

While Hyatt was shopping, a man with hazel eyes and a self assured smile walked into the hospital. Rowan, who had wandered off with Evan growled, sending a shower of ghostly sparks raining down around him.

User ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser Image

Tipsy Lover

User Image

K E E P I T S H U T , I H A T E I T
W H E N Y O U H I S S A N D P R E A C H
A B O U T Y O U R N E W M E S S I A H
' C A U S E Y O U R T H E O R I E S C A T C H F I R E

“No clue.”

Michael reached down and felt the damp ground. Wynelle mentioned a historical site, but Michael didn’t know what she was talking about. As his hands reached out, stroking the blades of grass, his fingertips found the rough stones that made up the well. He groped at the structure until he found the top, and stuck his arm into the empty hole that made the well. Kanye had crawled up Michael’s leg and back, and clung to the blind man’s shoulder as he peered down the abyss.

He shuffled his feet, and kicked at the dirt. He heard a small stone tap the shaft of the well and reached his hand down once more to pick it up. He held it over the well and dropped it. The light clatter that hit the bottom was faint, but took only a matter of seconds to reverberate back up the walls of the well.

Michael grinned as he threw one leg over the edge of the well. Kanye chirped angrily in resistance to what he knew Michael was going to do next.

“I’m gonna check out what’s down there. You’re free to tag along if you ain’t chickenshit.”

Throwing his other leg over, he jumped down into the hole. His feet slammed into the ground as he made impact and tried to steady himself. Kanye fell off Michael’s back with a faint chirp.

“s**t,” he cussed under his breath.

Falling was a sensation that Michael particularly enjoyed, but he was rarely able to brace himself properly for the ground below and it often left him disoriented for a few moments. He swayed a bit from side to side, before Kanye got back up and helped steady his partner.

Kanye was ready to unleash a fury of agitated clicks when he froze in spot. Michael had stopped to. What the two heard were chilling and breathy whimpers of pain that whispered through the well walls.

What the ********]
                                                            User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas