Two years have passed since Sailor Moon defeated Chaos and revived all those who had lost their star seeds to Galaxia. Two years of peace, where the senshi of both the inner and outer planets could enjoy normal lives and concentrate on their school work without supernatural distractions. In those two years, Michiru, Haruka and Setsuna graduated high school and are either in college, or have a day job, or both. Hotaru has begun high school in her first year, and Usagi, Minako, Makoto, Rei and Ami have all begun their third, and final, year of high school and are preparing for college. They have enjoyed their two years of peace, thinking that - perhaps - the fighting has finally come to an end. But this was not so.
Recently, the news has reported increased incidences of violent crimes, such as assault, arson, and murder. No one knows why, but those who commit these crimes are said to be normal people who have suddenly gone crazy, killing and destroying everything around them. The victims of these crimes - the ones that survive - end up committing these crimes themselves soon after, and in the same fashion. Worse, every day someone is found on the street unconscious, waking with a headache and no memory of what had happened to them or why, and those are the lucky ones. Some wake up with the mentality of a child. Some wake up as nothing more than a human vegetable. Some don't wake at all. The few witnesses that have found someone lying in the street unconscious report seeing a flash of light some distance away, right where they find the unconscious person, but no one is there but the person themselves.
The senshi have no more clue than anyone else as to what is going on, though the more spiritually sensitive - such as Rei and Michiru - have sensed a darkness in the auras of some people, but they have no idea what it is or where it has come from. Some of those who had a darkness in their aura and woke up with headaches or worse, though, have purity in their auras afterwards. It seems there is a new senshi in town...
This roleplay is based off of my Sailor Moon fanfiction, found here.
|Plot (you are here)|Rules|Guidelines|Skeletons|Updates
1. FOLLOW ToS!
2. ABSOLUTELY NO AUTO-HITTING OR GOD-MODDING! A person's character is their own, and you have no right to control them. Unless it's an NPC, but even an NPC may not god-mode or auto-hit.
3. Romance is allowed, but keep it PG13. That means kissing and whatnot is okay, but getting naked and doing the do is not.
4. Swearing is okay occasionally, but only occasionally. I don't want it every other word.
5. You MUST be at least semi-literate. I don't care how long your post is (so long as it contains at least one paragraph), but I do expect you to have proper grammar, spelling and punctuation in your post.
6. ABSOLUTELY NO "TXT TLK" Or TyPiNg LiKe ThIs. It's annoying. Also, no "leet" speak or "lolcat speak". You are more intelligent than that.
7. ONLY SAILOR MOON HAS HER ETERNAL TRANSFORMATION! The others will gain theirs later, via the new scout. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GIVE YOUR SENSHI IT'S ETERNAL TRANSFORMATION UNLESS I SAY SO! It will happen during a special event that I will set up.
8. Keep it to the anime. Usagi will not fall in love with Seiya, or cheat on Mamoru in anyway. However, if one of the Starlights wants to fall for the other senshi, that is fine. Also, if you are playing a cannon character, please stay in character for them. Do not have them do, feel, or say something they would not normally do, feel or say.
9. ABSOLUTELY NO FLAMING, TROLLING, BULLYING OR ABUSE! Such posts will be reported. If you have a problem with someone, take it o PM land.
10. Keep OOC in the OOC thread!
12. I reserve the right to make rules as necessary.
13. Treat the thread god (me) and everyone else with respect. We are here to have fun, not cause drama outside the storyline.
14. Have fun!
15. You may have up to THREE characters at a time.
16. Any senshi not played by a person will be an NPC until someone is found to play them. You may use NPC's as you like, so long as you stick to their character and do not use them to auto-hit or god-mode.
17. YOU MUST PM ME YOUR PROFILES, AND DO NOT POST UNTIL I'VE APPROVED THEM! Any profiles posted here, or posts made before the profile is complete and approved will be deleted, and you will get a warning. After that, if you repeat your offense, you will be reported.
18. Time skips are okay. Just tell me about them before hand, so I know what is going on. I will also put in updates on the first page from time to time, so keep your eyes open.
19. DO NOT JUST POST AND LEAVE! If you are going to be gone for more than 24 hours, let me know ahead of time so we can plan around it. If you make a post, and don't check back within one week, you forfeit your senshi, and will be black listed, because posting once and never posting again (or even a few times and then never again) is rude.
19b. DO NOT MAKE A RESERVATION OR APPLY FOR A SENSHI AND NEVER POST! You are given four days since making your reservation to submit your profile, or four days since submitting your profile to post. After that, if you have not made your post or you have not submitted your profile, you forfeit your reservation or profile, and you will be blacklisted.
|Plot |Rules(you are here)|Guidelines|Skeletons|Updates
Those affected by the taint are contagious. Whoever they touch will be tainted, and it's been described as 'a slick of rancid oil, seeping into the very soul'. However, the person newly tainted may not go crazy right away. They could harbor it as long as three days before turning. How long it takes depends on the purity of one's soul - the purest are overcome almost immediately, while the least pure can hold it a while - but the longer a person is with the taint, the more it eats away at their soul. Those who are pure can fight off the gradual decay of their soul better than those who are not so pure, but if left long enough even they can lose their soul completely to the taint.
Senshi who are tainted will be overcome more quickly than a civilian, but will be able to fight it longer, too. If overcome by the taint, they can still transform and use their magic, but it will be used to destroy everything around them. If they are left with the taint too long, they can become a vegetable just like anyone else, though it takes longer once overcome by the taint than it would for a normal person.
Those healed from the taint lose consciousness for a time. When they wake - if they wake - their symptoms range from frequent headaches to memory loss for the event at the weaker spectrum. The stronger spectrum includes - but is not limited to - loss of intelligence and rationality, symptoms like that of a frontal lobotomy, and waking as a human vegetable. Those who wake up but are nothing more than a vegetable are those who had the taint so long that their soul was consumed completely, leaving nothing of that person behind. Also, so far even Sailor Moon will not be able to heal one of the tainted - she simply lacks the power at this point. If at least four other senshi join their power with hers, though, she can purify them. Later, she will gain the strength to do it on her own, but not before I say.
Strength of the Taint
The further into the story we go, the stronger the taint will become. Right now, those tainted lack the reasoning power to work together. They will fight and kill each other as often as those not tainted. Their only capability is death and destruction of everything around them. Later in the story, though, they will begin to work together. They will also become stronger, and faster, though those will be a little slower in coming. The longer the senshi wait to cleanse the taint, the stronger it becomes.
Anyone can sense someone who is tainted, to some small degree. A normal person will feel a little uneasy around someone who is tainted, but has not lost control of themselves yet. Those who are spiritually sensitive - Rei and Michiru - will be able to sense darkness in that person's aura. The new senshi, however, can sense not only the taint and those who are tainted, but the purity of the person's soul, and how far it has been eaten away by the taint if that person is tainted, as well as what state they will be in once healed. Rei and Michiru will sense an aura of darkness warring with light around her, both in civilian and senshi form, but the connection will not be made unless she transforms in front of them.
Knowledge of Senshi
Knowing it all will ruin the roleplay, so the senshi of the Sol system (as well as the Starlight senshi), will NOT know the civilian form of the new senshi unless she transforms in front of them. Likewise, the new senshi will NOT know their civilian forms unless they transform in front of her. There can - and likely will - be small clues here and there, but none of them will 'click' until one side or the other reveals themselves.
Example: If the new senshi gains a scratch on her arm, and appears the next day with that scratch, one of the senshi in her class can recognize the scratch, but they won't be able to place where they saw it before. If the new senshi reveals herself to them, though, then they will realize where they saw it before.
|Plot |Rules|Guidelines(you are here)|Skeletons|Updates
11/4/12 - The Starlights have returned to Earth after the destruction of their planet (again). A group of fangirls that had found them and chased them turned out to be tainted, and the new senshi healed them. Usagi and Minako are serving detention, and Rei has come in search of her friends.
11/16/12 - There has been an attack at Hikawa Shrine, where the sailor senshi have met the new senshi, though in their civilian forms. After the new senshi left, the new girl at school came to offer help, but left. Rei and the others are holding a meeting in her room. Michiru and Outai are in a small park chatting.
12/8/12 - Chibiusa's school has been tainted. In distress, she transformed and called her friends. Sailor Mars was tainted, Sailor Saturn managed to avoid the taint, as did Star Healer. Andromeda managed to cleanse the school, but has yet to heal the injured.
2/13/2013 - Since the attack on Chibiusa's school, her school has been closed. A week has passed, and the shrine is now under attack by tainted people, lead by Sailor Saturn, who is now a vessel for the taint. The sailor senshi have discovered that their classmate, Outai, is actually Sailor Andromeda, and she has realized that Usagi and her friends are all senshi, as well. The taint is using Sailor Saturn to turn the others against Andromeda, and plans to use Saturn's power to destroy the world. Andromeda means to kill Saturn to prevent this.
3/06/2012 - Not wanting their friend to die, the other senshi tried to stop Andromeda from killing Saturn. At the suggestion of Artemis, Sailor Moon gave Sailor Andromeda some of her power, thus allowing her to heal Sailor Saturn. Shortly afterward, Mooney appeared and showed them his memories, showing them their world, what happened to it, and showing Outai as she grew up, as well as showing what happened when she realized what she was, back when they first met. After that, Holy took over her body so it could speak with the other senshi, begging for their help in spite of Andromeda's wishes, with the promise of greater power if they will but lend their power to Holy for a moment to achieve it.
3/14/2013 - After giving their assent, the senshi of the Sol system gave Holy their powers. In exchange, they were given an upgrade - Sailor Moon got more power, and everyone else got more power and an upgrade to their Eternal transformations. Tuxedo Mask was given a new power - like everyone else except Sailor Moon - and everyone, even Sailor Moon, had a special seal put on their transformation items that prevents them from being tainted while transformed, and prevents them from transforming if they become tainted while in civilian form.
Three days have passed since then, and Mooney is on the lookout for Outai. She was not at school, and had not been home the night before.
4/910/2013 - Ami, Usagi, and Princess Kakyuu - who recently made an appearance while searching for the Starlights - found Outai and were able to save her from a wave of tainted souls that had depleted her energy and were nigh on killing her. They managed to bring in Mooney, who also helped.
|Plot|Rules|Guidelines|Skeletons|Updates(you are here)
Reserved for those who break the rules, make a reservation without submitting a profile, or submit a profile without posting.
TotemoxKawaii - Made a reservation, but never submitted her profile
Roxy Richter the 4th - made a reservation, but never submitted her profile
Teranina Valek - posted a few times, and has not posted since.
StefBani - Filled out a profile, but never posted.
Eipirej - posted twice, and did not post again.