Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divine Genius

User ImageUser Image
                                                          ☢ ↓┆A LAZY LITERATE / ADVANCED LITERATE ROLEPLAY

☢ ↓┆INSPIRED BY THE LAST OF US && DYING LIGTH

☢ ↓┆GRAPHICS by ALEXA THE WHITE ROSE

☢ ↓┆IMAGES from GOOGLE IMAGES and ZEROCHAN

☢ ↓┆STATUS - OPEN / ACCEPTING

☢ ↓┆LINKS:

xxxxxxxxxxOut of Character ( OOC )

xxxxxxxxxxProfiles

xxxxxxxxxxObituaries

Divine Genius

User ImageUser Image

“Men ought not to play God before they learn to be men, and after they learn to be men they will not play God”

In the year 2014, cities all across the East Coast began to experience a sickness that resembled the flu. At first, nobody took it as a serious matter, just another sickness spreading around that would eventually disappear with time and medicine. However, this was not the case. Three weeks passed and it seemed like the illness was getting worse with each passing day. Hospitals and even small clinics were flooded with people complaining of flu-like symptoms such as running fevers over 100oF and severe cases of nausea - among several other symptoms. It came to the point where hospitals had to quarantine patients with the symptoms as they ran numerous blood tests once they ruled out that these people were not sick with bad case of the flu. However it would take time for the results to show - something they didn't have. The patients began to go insane and somehow they managed to break free, attacking anyone in their path - and killing them.

In a matter of hours cities fell to the sick patients and government declared a State of Emergency. The military got involved to shoot down the sick patients who became labeled as "The Infected"; ordered to eliminate them due to their threat to society. Unfortunately they didn't know that those they shot down wouldn't stay down. The Infected continued to move no matter how many bullets the military fired into them...and eventually they too fell. Citizens of the cities out on the East Coast began to panic and tried to flee out west, but the virus spread faster then they could run. Eventually all across the U.S. became sick and infected with no way to escape across the sea. Ships and airlines shut down and any planes or ships that were planning to make return trips to the U.S. were ordered to stay where they were. While many fled in hopes of surviving the virus, some managed to find the strength to fight back. In some cities like Richmond, Virginia, the citizens there were able to fight off the Infected and build quarantine zones to protect themselves. They knew running was no option, so they stayed behind walls and trust nobody.

Thankfully, they did manage to learn some things, such as the fact that the Infected cannot spread their disease unless they bite their victim or their blood gets into an open wound. They also learned that shooting an Infected in the head or burning them would result in instantly killing them.

Our story begins with survivors from New York who were unfortunately left behind during the city's evacuation. Now they have to fight to reach the nearest quarantine zone, which unfortunately for them is in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. They hope that in their journey there, they'll be able to find their families safe and sound...and maybe..some answers as to how their world became a living Hell.

Divine Genius

User ImageUser Image

❶ ┆▎》I'm the owner, that is my job, so if you have questions or anything please message me. I don't bite...much...

❷ ┆▎》This is a Lazy Literate to Advanced Literate roleplay. What this means is that this roleplay is for the people out there who can post more than just one small sentence or paragraph. I expect people to try their hardest and post anywhere between three to five paragraphs. I don't expect novel length written posts (even though that makes it all the more fun to read). I just want everyone to be able to work with other's posts, because the less there is written, the more likely people will suffer brain blocks and have trouble posting. So to avoid this I would appreciate people posting as much as they can. Also, when posting, please no obnoxiously bright colors. There are millions of text color codes out there in the Gaia guides and I'm sure there is a color that won't require one to highlight over just to read it that you can use. So, please be nice about that. I'm also sure I do not need to explain that for this roleplay you bold and color the speech of your character and then use italics for their thoughts.

❸┆▎》Please be kind and respect the other roleplayers of the thread. I cannot strive how important that is. Most of the time I see there being fights between people in the OOC thread because someone is saying something rude to another person. So please, just respect one another so that way we can all work together to keep this roleplay alive.

❹┆▎》No Mary-sues or Gary-sues. There is no such thing as a perfect character. Every character had flaws and bad traits, that is what makes them human and all the more real for the readers and fellow roleplayers. I also don't want a million sugar-high females and a million emo-angst males running around this roleplay. Give your character(s) personality, something that doesn't make them the same as others. I don't care if maybe one, two, maybe even three characters are alike, just don't everyone go copying off each other. With that said, this would be a good time to also inform you guys of creating characters that try and control other characters of the roleplay. So I don't want people thinking that their characters are the bee's knees and everyone should bow down to them. Even the villains of this roleplay have weaknesses and can get their butts kicked, so no going "I'M IMMORTAL AND HAVE THE STRENGTH OF A HUNDRED GODS AND I CAN SQUASH YOU WITH MY PINKIE FINGER!" BC I will, firstly, laugh at you for such behavior before I tell you to edit it. If you have a problem with that, then you can kindly leave and take that crap elsewhere.

❺┆▎》PM me all reserves and profiles, when I have accepted your profile I will post it to the profile thread. IF YOU WANT A ROLE DO NOT POST IN THE OOC THREAD WITHOUT QUOTING ME! I CANNOT STRIVE HOW MANY TIMES PEOPLE POST THERE WANTING A ROLE AND I GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO SENDS ME A PM RESERVE. Please don't freak out with the profile either, it's plain and simple fill in the blanks. I will allow you to take on a second role if you're up to it, but I'm not forcing anyone to do so. Title your reserve "I'll survive! [Role]" and title your profile after your character's name.

❻┆▎》Tired of your character? Well feel free to kill them off. Their profile will be put into the obituaries thread. Now, in the event that a character's death is false, the profile will be removed and put back in the profile thread. If you actually kill off your character, you can go ahead and make a new one to fill their place. I'll be keeping count though of how many guys and girls we have because I don't want everyone killing off the guys to play girl characters. Your new character can be titled anything you want (within reason). I will also most likely add new roles whenever the survivors reach a new state. These new roles will basically be random survivors and also can be titled anything you want ( ex. The Widow, The Butcher, etc.). But feel free to send me reserves and if I like the character I'll accept you ( hence why I put "within reasoning" up on the intro post).

❼┆▎》You do not need to have played The Last of Us or have watched Highschool of the Dead in order to join this rp. I will however be using some of the same zombies from the game in the roleplay (because I'm far too lazy to create my own). I'll throw in a few original stuff on my own, but for those who don't want spoilers from the game then it's probably wise to not join.

❽┆▎》Drama, romance, and action are all welcome in this roleplay. It's a zombie-filled world after all, there is bound to be lots of killing and s**t. Romance is up to you and can be whatever sexuality (its the apocalypse, who gives a s**t right?). Just remember all romance that involves getting kinky in the...room...or wherever one can find a safe place to do that, needs to be taken to the PMs (if you really want to continue it). Otherwise a simple time skip will do.

❾┆▎》Just please follow these rules. It helps avoid people ruining and killing good roleplays because they decide not to follow it. So just to make it easier on me, yourself, and everyone else participating in the roleplay just don't go breaking rules.

❿┆▎》Have fun fun fun! I want everyone to enjoy this roleplay! Plot and stuff in the OOC to build up the excitement!

Divine Genius

User ImageUser Image

☢ ▍ RESERVE:

[size=10]☢ ▍NAME: ( First and Last name, can be English/Japanese/Chinese/etc....you get my drift)

☢ ▍AGE: ( Can be any age but within good reason, I don't want babies handling guns or old men having the strength of superman. Think about this carefully. )

☢ ▍GENDER: (self explanatory...don't think you need help there...maybe the tomboy...)

☢ ▍CHARACTER PICTURE: ( just give me a link to it, no fancy cropping or anything; also be reasonable with the images...if you say your character is 28 I don't want baby faces. Make them look their age! Also, if you're going to have someone with blue hair and yellow eyes, give them a valid excuse for having them [ dyed hair and contact lenses]. This is real life people, we're just using anime pics.)

☢ ▍GOOD TRAITS: ( list me 3 )

☢ ▍BAD TRAITS: ( list me 3 again )

☢ ▍SKILLS: ( put some thought into this. If you're the Musician, you're not going to have military training. You can say he's good at picking up noises better than others. Tennis Captain will run faster than the others. Just one is good to put down here and if you can't think of something, no worries you can ask me. I wont reject you if you leave this blank.)

☢ ▍TEMP? : yes or no question if you plan on making a temporary character profile or not

☢ ▍RANDOM FACT: Just one will do c:

☢ ▍SAMPLES: ( either give me a link to your samples or write me a paragraph with your character )[/size]

☢ ▍ PROFILE:

[LIST][LIST][LIST][LIST][LIST][LIST][LIST][LIST][img]650x275 / 1 Outer border & 5 Inner border[/img]
                                                [color=#50302d][LIST][LIST][size=10]ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɪs ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴍɪss ɪᴛ ɴᴏᴡ[color=white]xxxxxxxxx[/color]ʜᴇʟʟᴏ ʜᴇʟʟᴏ → ᴀɴʏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ? [/size]
                                                [size=18][i]▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇[/i][/size]
                                                [color=white]xxxxxxxxx[/color][size=24]☢}▰▰▰ FIRST LASTNAME █ █ ██ ███ ░ ⇣⇣[/size]
                                                [size=9][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color]NICKNAME[color=white]xx[/color]•[color=white]xx[/color]AGE(WRITTEN OUT)[color=white]xx[/color]•[color=white]xx[/color]GENDER[color=white]xx[/color]•[color=white]xx[/color]SEXUALITY[color=white]xx[/color]•[color=white]xx[/color]ROLE[color=white]xx[/color]•[color=white]xx[/color]USERNAME[/size]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=18]✔ GOOD TRAIT[color=white]xx[/color]•[color=white]xx[/color]✔ GOOD TRAIT[color=white]xx[/color]•[color=white]xx[/color]✔ GOOD TRAIT
                                                /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
                                                ✗ BAD TRAIT[color=white]xx[/color]•[color=white]xx[/color]✗ BAD TRAIT[color=white]xx[/color]•[color=white]xx[/color]✗ BAD TRAIT[/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[i]▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇[/i]
                                                [size=24]☢ ▰▰▰ INFO⇣⇣[/size]

[size=10][color=white]xxxxxx[/color]• HAIR COLOR┆▎》( no crazy colors unless explained that it's dyed. )
                                                [color=white]xxxxxx[/color]• EYE COLOR┆▎》( also no crazy colors unless with valid reason; ex. contact lenses)
                                                [color=white]xxxxxx[/color]• HEIGHT ┆▎》
                                                [color=white]xxxxxx[/color]• WEIGHT┆▎》
                                                [color=white]xxxxxx[/color]• BODY TYPE┆▎》( curvy, muscular, toned, etc.)
                                                [color=white]xxxxxx[/color]• MARKS┆▎》( tattoos, scars, piercings )
                                                [color=white]xxxxxx[/color]• FAMILY┆▎》( list close family members - ex. father, aunt, brother)
                                                [color=white]xxxxxx[/color]• BIRTHDAY┆▎》( season & day *** each season has 30 days)
                                                [/size]

[size=24]☢ ▰▰▰ FACTS⇣⇣[/size]

[color=white]xxxxxx[/color]• LIKES┆▎》
                                                [size=10][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color]౦
                                                [color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color]౦
                                                [color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color]౦[/size]

[color=white]xxxxxx[/color]• DISLIKES┆▎》

[color=white]xxxxxx[/color]• FEARS┆▎》

[color=white]xxxxxx[/color]• SKILLS┆▎》
                                                [size=10][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color]౦ ( remember the reserve? well, this is where you put that skill and one other skill )

[size=24]☢ ▰▰▰ BIOGRAPHY⇣⇣[/size]
                                                [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]
                                                [size=10]Detailed bio here, at least 2 paragraphs
                                                [/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/color]

☢ ▍ T E M P → PROFILE: Only for characters meant to be killed off quickly and not hang around in the rp for long

[LIST][LIST][LIST][LIST][LIST][LIST][LIST][LIST][img]650x275 / 1 outer border / 5 inner border[/img]
                                                [color=#50302d][LIST][LIST][size=10]ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ɪs ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴍɪss ɪᴛ ɴᴏᴡ[color=white]xxxxxxxxx[/color]ʜᴇʟʟᴏ ʜᴇʟʟᴏ → ᴀɴʏʙᴏᴅʏ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ? [/size]
                                                [size=18][i]▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇[/i][/size]
                                                [color=white]xxxxxxxxx[/color][size=24]☢}▰▰▰ NAME HERE█ █ ██ ███ ░ ⇣⇣[/size]
                                                [size=9][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/color]NICKNAME[color=white]xx[/color]•[color=white]xx[/color]AGE[color=white]xx[/color]•[color=white]xx[/color]GENDER[color=white]xx[/color]•[color=white]xx[/color]SEXUALITY[color=white]xx[/color]•[color=white]xx[/color]USERNAME[/size]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=18]✔ GOODTRAIT[color=white]xx[/color]•[color=white]xx[/color]✔ GOODTRAIT[color=white]xx[/color]•[color=white]xx[/color]✔ GOODTRAIT
                                                /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
                                                ✗ BADTRAIT[color=white]xx[/color]•[color=white]xx[/color]✗ BADTRAIT[color=white]xx[/color]•[color=white]xx[/color]✗ BADTRAIT[/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[size=24]☢ ▰▰▰ INFO⇣⇣[/size]

[size=10][color=white]xxxxxx[/color]• HAIR COLOR┆▎》
                                                [color=white]xxxxxx[/color]• EYE COLOR┆▎》
                                                [color=white]xxxxxx[/color]• HEIGHT ┆▎》
                                                [color=white]xxxxxx[/color]• WEIGHT┆▎》
                                                [color=white]xxxxxx[/color]• BODY TYPE┆▎》
                                                [color=white]xxxxxx[/color]• MARKS┆▎》
                                                [/size]

[size=24]☢ ▰▰▰ FACTS⇣⇣[/size]

[color=white]xxxxxx[/color]• LIKES┆▎》
                                                [color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color]౦ [/size]

[color=white]xxxxxx[/color]• DISLIKES┆▎》

[color=white]xxxxxx[/color]• FEARS┆▎》

[color=white]xxxxxx[/color]• MISCELLANEOUS┆▎》
                                                [/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/color]

☢ ▍ NPC SLOT:

☢ ▍ IMAGE:

☢ ▍ NAME:

☢ ▍ AGE:

☢ ▍ OCCUPATION: ( teacher, family member, close friend, etc.)

☢ ▍ STATUS: ( alive / missing / dead )

☢ ▍ DEATH: ( only fill out if the npc is dead. explain how they died or where their corpse was found )

Divine Genius

User ImageUser Image

User ImagexUser ImagexUser ImagexUser ImagexUser Image

☢┆▎》RANDOM FACTS

☢ ▍ The Musician is the older brother to the Singer.

☢ ▍ The Delinquent is the loner and secretly has a criminal record.

☢ ▍ The Chef knows his way around a throwing knives at those outside of the kitchen too.

☢ ▍ The Marine may be just as good at swinging a bat as he is shooting a gun.

☢ ▍ The Martial Artist has only one good eye, apparently that hasn't stopped him from winning fights.

Divine Genius

User ImageUser Image

User ImagexUser ImagexUser ImagexUser ImagexUser ImagexUser Image

☢┆▎》RANDOM FACTS

☢ ▍ The Swimmer was a member of the girl's swim team and she's also the ex-girlfriend to the Playboy. Her former friend was the Tennis Captain.

☢ ▍ The Singer is the younger sister to the Musician.

☢ ▍ The Bookworm was the first in the group to get bitten, only to learn she's immune. She was saved by the Swordsman.

☢ ▍ The Tomboy knows how to hunt from having hunting trips with her family.

☢ ▍ The Track Runner loves to exercise, which is always good when you have to fight against the undead.

☢ ▍ The Bartender is a man-eater who always flirts with men to get what she wants.

Divine Genius

User ImageUser Image

ʟɪsᴛ ᴏғ ᴍᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴᴀʙʟᴇ ɴᴘᴄs.
                      ɪᴍᴀɢᴇs ɪɴ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ᴡᴀs sᴇᴇɴ ᴋɪʟʟᴇᴅ ᴏʀ ғᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ.
                      ᴏɴᴇs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴ ᴍᴀʀᴋ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴍɪssɪɴɢ.
                      ᴀʟʟ ɪɴғᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍɪssɪɴɢ ɴᴘᴄs ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ғᴏᴜɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʙɪᴛᴜᴀʀɪᴇs.
                      ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ɴᴘᴄs ɪɴғᴏ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ғᴏᴜɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴏᴄ.

User ImagexxUser ImagexxUser ImagexxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                  User ImagexxUser ImagexxUser ImagexxUser ImagexxUser ImagexxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                                  User ImagexxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Divine Genius

User ImageUser Image

ᴛʜɪs sᴘᴀᴄᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟɪsᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs ᴏғ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀs ᴡʜᴏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴅɪᴇᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏ.

ɪɴғᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜs ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ғᴏᴜɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʙɪᴛᴜᴀʀɪᴇs.

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀᴇᴅ ɪᴍᴀɢᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ᴏɴ ʜɪᴀᴛᴜs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡɪʟʟ ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴏᴛ ʙᴇ ᴘᴜᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʙɪᴛᴜᴀʀʏ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ғᴜʀᴛʜᴇʀ ɴᴏᴛɪᴄᴇ

User ImagexUser ImagexUser ImagexUser ImagexUser ImagexUser Image
                                                  User Image

Divine Genius

User ImageUser Image

☢┆▎》SYMPTOMS OF A INFECTED

Many are aware of the fact that the virus carried by the "Infected" is not contagious through airborne causes (other than the spores), but physical contact such as bite marks or their rotten blood getting into an open wound. There are not many medical records around, but luckily some information was written down.

XXXXXXX• Stage 1 - Coughing fits and headaches
                                                  XXXXXXX• Stage 2 - Headaches intensify and a fever begins
                                                  XXXXXXX• Stage 3 - Fever worsens and (if bitten) skin around bitten area turns purple (like a deep bruise); vomiting may occur
                                                  XXXXXXX• Stage 4 - Serious mood swings begin as well as coughing blood, eyes almost begin to look bloodshot
                                                  XXXXXXX• Stage 5 - Skin begins to look gray and blotchy, some balding may occur, and eyes look infected
                                                  XXXXXXX• Stage 6 - Body goes into a state of shock and shakes, brain shuts down - instant death
                                                  XXXXXXX• Stage 7 - Reanimation of the body

Depending on the victim's body, the time it takes for the brain to shut down in Stage 6 can range anywhere from instantly to 15 minutes. In Stage 7, time of reanimation is unknown but can range from 20 minutes to three days. Stages of the virus usually progress worse day by day, but remnants of medical records found record that some victims progress through the stages in a matter of hours. Reason behind this is unknown.

☢┆▎》THE INFECTED

✴ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡɪɴɢ ɪɴғᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ʀᴇᴄᴏʀᴅᴇᴅ ʙʏ ғɪᴇʟᴅ ᴀɢᴇɴᴛs, sᴏᴍᴇ ɪɴғᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ɪs ʟɪᴍɪᴛᴇᴅ

xxxxxxUser Image
                                                              Runners are the weakest of the Infected who have recently entered their transformation. Since the eyes are first targeted by the infection after reanimation, runners have poor eyesight, but maintain many human instincts. For example, their moans are still human, just like their overall appearance. A way to tell them apart from normal survivors is their glowing red eyes. Their body language is sluggish while they are passive, suggesting they are resisting the virus's influence. Sometimes they do not attack at all, even when non-infected individuals are right in front of them. These non-aggressive runners will only attack if attacked first or when an object is thrown at or near them, thus losing control. Much like sneezing, the urge to attack after such interactions happens involuntarily and unwillingly by the host. Runners are confirmed to be able to attack in packs flailing their arms trying to trample the survivor.

xxxxxxUser Image
                                                              Trackers, much like Clickers, are blind for the most part. The two are however different, but the still the same level of threat to the human race. While you may not see it on their deformed face, they have slits where their nose one was. They have a sharp sense of smell, especially when it comes to blood. Like sharks, they can smell blood, but only if it is fresh and nearby. Once they get a hold of the scent, it's almost impossible to lose them. There is usually one or two mixed within a horde of Runners.

xxxxxxUser Image
                                                              Clickers are the most distinctly recognized of the Infected. They have strength that significantly surpasses the average human . This makes them deadlier, but at the price of being completely blind due to infection overtaking their face. However, Clickers are able to maneuver through areas by utilizing echolocation, which produces noticeable clicking noises to locate sources of sound. This means, like Trackers who have sharp sense of smell, they have sharp sense of hearing. Clickers also possess what seems like very high intelligence, never leaving an area when they know or have heard food run by them, and will constantly check every available nook and cranny to locate the source of the sound with little regard to give up on the task at hand. When provoked, a Clicker will immediately enter into a "berserk mode," aggressively flailing its arms. At this point, if a survivor has been "spotted" by a Clicker, the Clicker will attack head on and will not flinch when shot unless using high powered rounds.

xxxxxxUser Image
                                                              Bloaters are the most dangerous of the Infected. Bloaters take the longest to develop, making them the rarest of the infected. Their bodies deform into having what looks like fleshy fungus that effectively doubles as armor plate. Due to this protective covering, they can withstand multiple hits from weapons such as the Shotgun and Hunting Rifle, and even hatchets and machetes making them extremely tough to eliminate. Bloaters are extremely aggressive, but are rather slow-moving causing them to be more predictable than other infected. Like Clickers, Bloaters 'see' using echolocation to locate and trap a survivor. Because the virus has completely deformed their face and blinded them, their echolocation is a lot less refined than the Clickers. If a Bloater grabs a survivor, it will forcefully rip their jaw apart through brute strength, or grab the survivor's head and smash it, killing them instantly. There is no way to defend yourself if grabbed - the result is an instant kill unless by some miracle the Bloater looses its grip enough to struggle free. Bloaters, like all Infected, have a weakness to fire. When set ablaze a Bloater will wildly thrash around trying to put out the flames. After being immolated, they will be charred, black, and smoking. Their armor will also be charred and brittle, making them vulnerable to low-powered weapons. Despite this weakness, fire-based weapons such as Flamethrowers or Molotov cocktails still require multiple uses before killing a Bloater.

xxxxxxUser Image
                                                              Stalkers have the vision and speed of Runners and are no longer bound with human conscience, bearing the ferocity of Clickers. The most notable physical traits that define the "Stalkers" is the distinct croaking noises they make, the beginning of virus's growth on the head and face with only one eye left, the development of pseudo echolocation, and their discretion upon spotting a victim at distance - they will strafe and take cover, eventually closing in on the victim, hence the name "Stalker". Up-close, Stalkers are very aggressive and will charge immediately at the victim without hesitation.

☢┆▎》MASKS and SPORES

While many were told that the virus carried by the Infected cannot be contagious from the air, most people refuse to go outside of the Quarantine Zones without having a gas mask on. They are not completely wrong to do so. Sometimes a bitten victim does not always reanimate for unknown reasons, but the infected bodies who do not move after a set period of time tend to affect the plant life around it. Therefore the body mutates into spores which release airborne particles of the virus. Some researchers who have tried studying the spores have learned that they tend to survive longer in dark, moist places. Gas masks are required to be worn in spore-infected areas. Spore particles tend to have an eerie yellow glow to them, which often hints off that a spore is nearby.

Divine Genius

User ImageUser Image

ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ʟɪsᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs ᴀʀʀɪᴠɪɴɢ ɪɴ ɴᴇᴡ ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

┆▎》ɴᴇᴡ ʏᴏʀᴋ ᴄɪᴛʏ
                                                  xxxxxxxxxxxx• ǫᴜᴀʀᴀɴᴛɪɴᴇ ᴢᴏɴᴇ sᴛᴀᴛᴜs : ᴀʙᴀɴᴅᴏɴᴇᴅ
                                                  xxxxxxxxxxxx• ᴄɪᴛʏ ᴍᴀʟʟ : ᴏᴠᴇʀʀᴜɴ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɪɴғᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ & ᴄᴏʀᴘsᴇs

┆▎》ʜᴀʀʀɪsʙᴜʀɢ, ᴘᴀ
                                                  xxxxxxxxxxxx• ǫᴜᴀʀᴀɴᴛɪɴᴇ ᴢᴏɴᴇ sᴛᴀᴛᴜs : ᴀʙᴀɴᴅᴏɴᴇᴅ / ʙᴀɴᴅɪᴛ ɪɴғᴇsᴛᴇᴅ
                                                  xxxxxxxxxxxx• ᴍᴜsᴇᴜᴍ : sᴀғᴇ

┆▎》ʙʀᴇᴍᴇɴ, ᴏʜ
                                                  xxxxxxxxxxxx• ᴅᴜʀʟᴀɴᴅ ғᴀᴍᴇʜᴏᴜsᴇ : sᴀғᴇ (?)

Divine Genius

User ImageUser Image

☢┆▎》TIME

xxxxxxxxxxxx• 9:30 AM

☢┆▎》DATE

xxxxxxxxxxxx• AUTUMN 15

☢┆▎》WEATHER

xxxxxxxxxxxx• LIGHT RAIN / CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS LATER

☢┆▎》EVENT(S)

xxxxxxxxxxxx• AUTUMN 23 - AVERY MARTYN'S BIRTHDAY [ 22 ]
                                                    xxxxxxxxxxxx• AUTUMN 26 - NATALIE WOOD'S BIRTHDAY [ 22 ]

☢┆▎》LOCATION

xxxxxxxxxxxx• BREMEN, OHIO ( FARMHOUSE )

Divine Genius

User ImageUser Image

ᴛʜɪs ᴘᴏʀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ ʙʏ ᴍʏ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ, ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴏᴋᴡᴏʀᴍ. ɪᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴀʟsᴏ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴛʀᴀᴄᴋ ᴏғ ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴsʜɪᴘs ᴀs ᴡᴇʟʟ.

☢┆▎》RELATIONSHIPS

sʏᴍʙᴏʟ ᴋᴇʏ:

◤ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs : ☮
                                                ◤ ʙᴇsᴛ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs : ✪
                                                ◤ ғʀᴇɴᴇᴍɪᴇs : ☯
                                                ◤ ᴄʀᴜsʜ : ♡ ← →
                                                ◤ ʟᴏᴠᴇs : ❤
                                                ◤ ʜᴀᴛᴇs : ☠
                                                ◤ ᴍᴀʀʀɪᴇᴅ : ♚
                                                ◤ ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ : ☆

xxxxxxxxx● ᴇᴛʜᴀɴ ☆ ɴᴀᴛᴀʟɪᴇ
                                                xxxxxxxxx● ᴀᴠᴇʀʏ ☮ ᴏᴡᴇɴ
                                                xxxxxxxxx● ᴇᴛʜᴀɴ ☠ ᴏᴡᴇɴ
                                                xxxxxxxxx● ɴᴀᴛᴀʟɪᴇ ✪ ᴊᴏᴀɴɴᴀ
                                                xxxxxxxxx● ᴊᴜʟɪᴀɴ ☠→ ʟʏᴅɪᴀ

☢┆▎》JOURNAL PAGES

xxxxxxxxxAutumn 2, 2014
                                                xxxxxxxxxAutumn 3, 2014

User Image

Divine Genius

Divine Genius

Divine Genius

User ImageUser Image
                                                  • Her pen scribbled non-stop as she sat there writing down in her notebook, her glasses sitting on the bridge of her nose as she stared intently at the words she was writing. She didn’t care if she was writing on the lines or not, she just wanted to get her thoughts written down as fast as she could – time was a precious thing now a days, something nobody knew how much more they had left. Once she was done she shut the book and stuffed it into her messenger bag, looking around at the others who all seemed to be doing their own thing. Slowly she got to her feet, walking over to the window and looking outside to see that it was overcast and that the streets were pretty much empty with the exception of the scattered empty cars and the few of those…things. It seemed more and more were appearing by the day, which made her all the more scared over how bad it was out there after two weeks. She found it funny how fast the days had gone to where two weeks had already gone by, two weeks since she last saw her parents. Avery could remember the look on their faces as they got into the evacuation copters the government was using to get people out of the city; her mother crying and trying to reach out to her as the soldier held her back. At that moment, her heart sunk and her mind began to panic. Thankfully for her, Demian was able to direct her to safety when they announced there were no more evacuation vehicles available to take them.

Demian Verilis, someone Avery hardly knew, yet this guy came out of nowhere and saved her just when she thought she was going to be eaten alive. Sadly, he came a little bit too late, she had been bitten on her arm. That was the absolute worst, seeing the marks of the teeth in her arm and her skin look as if it was infected around the bite. She had seen numerous wounds before in her medical textbooks, but seeing the real thing was much worse. The others were cautious around her when they learned he had gotten bitten, locking her in her dorm room and just waiting to see if she would turn. There were times she was able to hear them through the door, hearing them talk about what they would do if she turned. One person in the group, Ethan Woods, was especially pushing the idea of killing her, but thankfully the others didn’t seem in a rush to do just that yet. After five days of isolation and still showing no signs of being sick, they were in shock to learn that she was immune. To be honest, Avery herself was surprised as well.

Slowly she left her room, walking down the hall to see the other rooms that looked completely ransacked. The whole entire college looked like a mess; the mental images of the students shoving each other to get out of the classroom and hearing their screams filled Avery’s mind. Her own roommate had been the one to shove Avery when they were trying to get out of the building. She expected the dorms rooms to look like this; no doubt the students who couldn’t get out of the city came back for their stuff before going into hiding. They all stayed on the upper floors of the building, barricading the hallway so they were safe…for now. The only food they managed to get was whatever they were able to raid from the vending machine on the floor; reaching the cafeteria was out of the question since the lower half of the building was infested with those monsters. It would be suicide if they even tried. The situation they were in was putting everyone on edge, especially when everyone realized their supplies were running low. They were barely lucky to reach the infirmary to grab a couple of bandages and pain pills; the nurse had been turned and tried attacking them. Avery had used a roll of bandages to cover her arm, since it wasn’t the prettiest thing to see and it gave her a sense of normality since lately she had been feeling like a freak. Lately the group had discussed about where to go, since they obviously couldn’t stay in the college forever. It seemed like the government wasn’t going to send evacuation teams back here to get them; anyone left behind was basically dead to them. Avery was the one to speak up though in the end, mentioning how she overheard one of the soldiers mention a refugee camp in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The only problem was getting there. After a little debate, mainly Ethan complaining about how they were to get out of the building, they thought of a plan. Jun, another member of the group who Avery didn’t know much about other than the fact he would hang out in the library as well sometimes, was a computer expert. It was an easy task for him to hack into the campus speakers so that it played music to lure the Infect away.

It was a simple escape after that, thankfully nothing went wrong for them to get spotted. However, once they were outside, they realized they had no supplies with them to handle a trip to Harrisburg if they were all to walk there on foot. Sure they could try starting a car, but the noise would likely attract them. Not to mention some cars were either crashed into or stripped of pieces; besides there was the risk of one of those things being inside the car. But they needed to take it one step at a time, which meant getting the stuff they needed for the trip. As cautious as they could, they made their way to the mall that was only a few blocks away. Thankfully as they got to the mall, they looked inside to see that it was clear, for the most part. It seemed like the Infected hadn’t been able to get in here, or maybe they did and already ran off looking for their next meal. Avery merely followed as they headed inside; some of the lights inside the mall completely dead while others flickered above – way to make it feel creepier. As she walked around, she kept her eyes looking everywhere, even up high on the upper floor of the mall. Her eyes widened however as she suddenly felt her foot get caught on something, making her fall backwards and land on her behind. She winced as she rubbed her side before looking to see what it was she tripped on, but when she did look, she wished she didn’t. Laying there on the ground was the mangled corpse of a woman, her once bright blond hair now covered in blood. Her eyes were wide, as if she was literally scared to death, with no trace of life still in them. What made Avery nearly gag was the face the woman’s entire upper torso was ripped open, with traces of her organs hanging out. Her right leg was twists so badly, but Avery’s green eyes eventually noticed that the woman was surrounded by glass, which made her look up to see that the woman most likely fell from the second floor.

She moved to get up, however she felt a slight pinch and winced before looking at her hand, seeing it bleed from a glass shard she was careless to not see. Carefully she got up, ripping a piece of her shirt to cover the cut on the palm of her hand for now. They were in a mall after all; she could find another shirt somewhere. “Let’s just get what we need and get out of here.” She said, trying to act like seeing a half-eaten body did not just scare her, but her shaking hands gave it away that she was indeed frightened. Slowly she made her way to the sporting goods store, knowing that they had backpacks that would work well for what she had in mind. As she walked through the store, she saw clothing racks and mannequins knocked over - no doubt everyone was either in a rush to get out or trying to run away. The place was a mess, but she was able to find the section of the store that had the backpacks. It took her some time, but she eventually found a bag that was light and still big enough to work for her needs. She slung it over on one arm as she turned to headed around the store to find her next item - a proper rain jacket. The weather was getting colder, so she figured getting a coat to shield her from the cold and rain would be best. Again, the section was a mess, but it wasn't as hard as when she was trying to find the right backpack. It was a simple black and grey jacket, which she stuffed into her backpack. Now she only needed to stock up on clothes, food, and any medical supplies she was able to find.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff