Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Receiver

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Popular Thread 100
User ImageUser Image

ᴀ ʜᴇʀᴏ/ᴠɪʟʟᴀɪɴ ʀᴘ

OWNERS/MODS ::l0kk1 & xx love shine & A is for Angst
                                                                    GRAPHICS :: l0kk1
                                                                    Coding :: l0kk1 & xx love shine & A is for Angst
                                                                    INSPIRATION :: DC comics :: Batman movies :: Gotham the new tv series.
                                                                    LITERACY :: semi-lit - lit / minimum of 3 paragraphs
                                                                    STATUS :: under-construction acceptting

P L O T

Evil. Are people born bad or are they created. Whether which is true one fact remains. Situations can lead a person down the wrong path and even the small things one does during the course of the day can make a person your ally or turn them against you. But even in the darkest depths of despair there can always be hope that one day someone will be strong enough to break the cycle. But sometimes the powers of darkness are just too strong for the flowers of light to grow and prosper.

This is defiantly the case in the large city : Mortisam. Though they don't give it the title because of its weather. Mortisam has the highest crime rate. Gangs, Backward cops, homeless people, runaway children run the street. There is no hope unless you have money.
                                                                All the others feel like they must… they have to resort to the typical actions of the citizens of Mortisam; one of the darkest cities in America. Suicides are frequent and whether anyone would like to admit it the citizens of Mortisam have no hope.

Recently the town has become worse and as technology and science expand certain people have decided to use it to their advantage. People are able to utilize these advances to model themselves into heroes and do good in this city that has for so long lacked kindness. Some create their alter ego for power and revenge while others choose to be a beacon of light. Though whether you believe in destiny or coincidence people have started to fight for their cause. A storm is raging in Mortisam as two powers begin to clash for rule over this dark city. Will people bolster their support for the growing light and cleanse the city of evils which have ensnared it all these years or will the forces of darkness raze them from the face of the city before they can grow?

A T T E N T I O N !
                                                                The main point of this role-play is to grow into your hero and villain. Show how they became a Hero/Villain. All of the "super" characters will start off as humans. You will choose what actions will cause them to get abilities or decide to pick up his/her weapon. Wither it is at the beginning or a couple of pages in its up to you! When feeling out the profile keep this in mind! Make sure to list your abilities and describe what sort of armor or weapon they have if they do not possess abilities. Plotting is important maybe another character caused your character to go off the sep in or.. vice versa… ! Let me know if you have any questions!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Kawaii Receiver

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Popular Thread 100
User Image

G E N E R A L
                                    Let me start off with the one we all know - Follow Gaia's ToS. Now, this is my roleplay. I'll give you the amount of respect you give me, fair enough? If I am ever not available, the other mods are there as well anytime you need assistance. Don't even bother saying "You're not in charge" to any of them, because they are just as much as I am. I expect you to respect them and other members as well. I won't tolerate godmodding, no one is perfect. Real character pictures only. Violence and Romance are encouraged. Keep everything at a PG-16 level. If you must, write a 'time skip'. Absolutely no cybering.

P O S T I N G

This is a semi-literature to literature roleplay. At least three well-written paragraphs please! I understand writer's block, we all get them. Just don't take advantage of it with every post. Long posts are great, but they need to make sense. I don't want to read a whole paragraph detailed about someone tripping over a rock. Remember, quality over quantity! Please be active! Don't slow other members down because they had to wait for your post. If you don't want to be part of the rp anymore, please let me know. I understand we all (or not) have a life outside of gaia. I respect people who don't just vanish out of the blue. If I see you haven't been posting in awhile, I will give you one warning. If I don't get a response within 24 hours, I will have to remove your character. However, if you let me know before hand you will not be posting in awhile, give me an estimate time frame and I'll understand. As for posting layouts, have at least one picture of your character and their name. I love pretty, colorful posts! Just don't use bright colors such as yellow and cyan. I'd like to keep my eyesight, please.

C H A R A C T E R S

The idea for this role-play is based off the movie the comic book town of Gotham City, but you don't need to watch/read any batman flicks/comics to understand the role-play. We just simply used the idea of it! There are three categories of characters: the Citizens, the Heroes, and the Villain. There are five spots for the villain and hero category. The citizen category will be left open - for now. More will be added to the villain and hero category if we see it is needed. For the hero/villain, there are specific rules for their abilities. We will be allowing a few supernatural abilities to 2 - 3 on both of the Hero and Villain categories. The other two or more (if this choice is popular) on both side will be using some sort of advanced technology. Think Batman. There are certain restrictions however. If you decide on giving your character a supernatural ability, it can be anything, as long as its not a god-mode type of power. If you decide to take two-three powers, you cannot take two powerful powers, such as Telekinesis and telepathy together. (you can take one or the other, but not both). That being said if you take three supernatural abilities at least two have to be extremely small minor abilities. Also, no two people should have the same power. Please check what powers are taken to make sure this doesn't happen. The mods and I will be checking in on the powers when you send in your reserves.

A T T E N T I O N !
                                    The main point of this role-play is to grow into your hero and villain. Show how they became a Hero/Villain. All of the "super" characters will start off as humans. You will choose what actions will cause them to get abilities or decide to pick up his/her weapon. Wither it is at the beginning or a couple of pages in its up to you! When feeling out the profile keep this in mind! Make sure to list your abilities and describe what sort of armor or weapon they have if they do not possess abilities. Plotting is important maybe another character caused your character to go off the sep in or.. vice versa… ! Let me know if you have any questions!

P R O F I L E S

Most of you have probably skipped down to here for the reserve and profile titles. I'm not a saint either. (heads up, characters section is very important). You can take up to two characters. There are not many spots to fill, and if we need to open more, I may bump it up to allowing another character. To get a reserve and profile application, please check the Application post. When you send your reserve, we will approve it first, then you can start on your profile. After your reserve has been approved, you will have two days to submit a profile. Send reserves and profiles to me: l0kk1. Title reserves with the name of the role you wish to play (The Hero/Villian/Citizen). and title profiles "LOKKISHEARTSHINE." That was mainly because she let me borrow her rules!

Any more rules will be added in olive
                                    Last but not least, have fun!

Kawaii Receiver

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Popular Thread 100
User Image

R E S E R V E

e x a m p l e
x HERO/CITIZEN/VILLAIN
User Image

FULL NAME: first middle and last name here
                                                  Alias: come up with something unique (if citizen just put n/a)
                                                  ORIENTATION: heterosexual, homosexual, etc.
                                                  USERNAME: username here

Please list and give a small explanation of your characters abilities. Keep in mind that not all Hero/Villian characters will have supernatural abilities. The other option one has is to have advanced technology. Give a short description on how you plan on your character gaining his/her abilities/weaponry. Only 1-2 if powers. 1 power can be anything, if 2 - 3, please make sure the two powers reflect one another, we will be checking on the powers. KEEP IN MIND! the second and third powers must be small. Try to fit them together so that they make sense. If they are opposite powers make sure it fits your character.

*** If citizen just put your occupation. Please give a short job description as well!

[color=white]x[/color][size=16][b][color=COLOR2] HERO/CITIZEN/VILLAIN [/color][/b][/size]
[imgleft]http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy193/lokki_2010/Characters/d1c6d345-e67a-408e-9f73-681849a759b9_zpse36cc852.jpg[/imgleft][size=11][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]

[color=COLOR1]FULL NAME:[/color] first middle and last name here
[color=COLOR1]Alias:[/color] come up with something unique (if citizen just put n/a)
[color=COLOR1]AGE:[/color] written out
[color=COLOR1]GENDER:[/color] male or female
[color=COLOR1]ORIENTATION:[/color] heterosexual, homosexual, etc.
[color=COLOR1]USERNAME:[/color] username here
[list]
Please list and give a small explanation of your characters abilities. Keep in mind that not all Hero/Villian characters will have supernatural abilities. The other option one has is to have advanced technology. Give a short description on how you plan on your character gaining his/her abilities/weaponry. Only 1-2 if powers. 1 power can be anything, if 2 - 3, please make sure the two powers reflect one another, we will be checking on the powers. KEEP IN MIND[i]![/i] the second and third powers must be small. Try to fit them together so that they make sense. If they are opposite powers make sure it fits your character.

*** If citizen just put your occupation. Please give a short job description as well!

[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

P R O F I L E

e x a m p l e
HERO/CITIZEN/VILLAIN
USERNAME HERE

User Image
                                          B A S I C S

FULL NAME: first middle and last name here
                                            NICKNAMES: nicknames here
                                            Alias: come up with something unique (if citizen just put n/a)
                                            ORIENTATION: heterosexual, homosexual, etc.

DE T A I L S

PERSONALITY:

at least one paragraph describing your character's personality

POWERS/ABILITIES:

explain powers/abilities/weaponary here. If your character's alter ego is specific explain it here as well. (N/A - if a Citizen)

B I O G R A P H Y

minimum of 2 good paragraphs. Try to be as detailed as possible!

E X T R A S

anything else about your character you would like to add? tattoos, piercing, ethnicity, etc. Put it here!

[align=center][size=18][color=COLOR2][b] HERO/CITIZEN/VILLAIN [/b][/color][/size]
[size=14][color=COLOR1] USERNAME HERE [/color][/size]
[/align]
[imgleft]http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy193/lokki_2010/Characters/4d30f434-67e6-4aa1-ab8b-180335d500bf_zps41a61c43.jpg[/imgleft]
[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=14][b][color=COLOR2] B A S I C S [/color][/b][/size][size=11]
[list]
[color=COLOR1]FULL NAME:[/color] first middle and last name here
[color=COLOR1]NICKNAMES:[/color] nicknames here
[color=COLOR1]Alias:[/color] come up with something unique (if citizen just put n/a)
[color=COLOR1]AGE:[/color] written out please!
[color=COLOR1]GENDER:[/color] gender here
[color=COLOR1]ORIENTATION:[/color] heterosexual, homosexual, etc.
[/list]
[size=14][b][color=COLOR2] DE T A I L S [/color][/b][/size][size=11]
[list]
[color=COLOR1]PERSONALITY:[/color][list]
at least one paragraph describing your character's personality
[/list]
[color=COLOR1]POWERS/ABILITIES:[/color][list]
explain powers/abilities/weaponary here. If your character's alter ego is specific explain it here as well. (N/A - if a Citizen)
[/list]
[size=14][b][color=COLOR2] B I O G R A P H Y [/color][/b][/size][size=11]
[list]
minimum of 2 good paragraphs. Try to be as detailed as possible!
[/list]

[size=14][b][color=COLOR2] E X T R A S[/color][/b][/size][size=11]
[list]
anything else about your character you would like to add? tattoos, piercing, ethnicity, etc. Put it here!
[/list]

Kawaii Receiver

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Popular Thread 100
User Image

H E R O E S

2 / 5 SPOTS TAKEN
more spots will be added if needed

x HERO
User Image

FULL NAME: Calloway Vincent
                                                  Alias: FAE
                                                  ORIENTATION: homosexual
                                                  USERNAME: l0kk1

Force-Feild Generation :: Calloway is able to create a shield, wall or a field to protect himself, with his mind. These fields are invisible to the eye only rarely is there a shimmer that one is able to see to determine the shape. His force-fields are not impenetrable and can usually be removed by an energy drain or extreme weight. Calloway is able to throw his shields away from himself in order to catch things as well as concentrate them inside an object only to expand the field and eventually cause the object to explode.
                                                    Wing Manifestation :: Calloway slowly grew wings once he was given his abilities. His wings are very translucent almost invisible only their intricate outlines shimmer showing off their brilliance. At glance they seem to be very fragile but in fact they are not. Whilst they are thin, they can withstand a lot and even allow the teen to fly. However even if they don't break easy they are very sensitive and often caused Arc much pain.
                                                    Agelessness :: Starting the day Calloway is first mutated his body will stop to age. He will look the same as he does ten years from now. This also effects his height, bones, organs. Everything is in a suspended state. Still functioning properly the only difference is there is now aging.

x HERO
User Image

FULL NAME: Wilhelm Thomas Bates
                                                  Alias: Grapple
                                                  ORIENTATION: Bisexual
                                                  USERNAME: Silabus Whitelight

Cables/Wires- Wil has come up with a gadget that allows him to shoot wires at high speeds. He adds various attachments to this like hooks, suction cups, magnets, spear heads, and various other things. This allows him to travel quickly, move around at high speeds and with acrobatics he wouldn't otherwise be able to do, and even has offensive capabilities.

Stick Fighting- Sounds pretty useless huh? You would think that but this is a particular hobby of Wil's that's turned into something pretty useful. It started with one particular form of French Combat (Canne de combat) and since then he's become proficient in several other forms of Bōjutsu.

Inventor- In his free time Wil likes to use his knowledge of mechanics and engineering (as well as online shopping) to buy various useful gadgets. Some of these included night vision/ heat vision goggles, a machine that bends light and renders him invisible, a pen that shoots a small high-powered laser beam, a high-powered taser attachment, and plenty of other useful (or at least he thinks so) devices.

C I T I Z E N S

∞ SPOTS TAKEN

x CITIZEN
User Image

FULL NAME: Miles Christopher Ashworth
                                                  Alias: N/A
                                                  ORIENTATION: Polysexual
                                                  USERNAME: Rawr ii es

Miles is a police officer in Mortisam. Corrupted officer, to be exact.

x CITIZEN
User Image

FULL NAME: Alexander Joseph and Benedict Michael Pierce
                                                  Alias: N/A
                                                  ORIENTATION: Pansexual
                                                  USERNAME: A is for Angst

Alex is a paid research assistant under a biology professor at his university. He hopes to save up enough to attend medical school at some point. Ben works at a local electronic store as a repairman and IT technician. He's got a knack for electronics, and as he doesn't exactly know where his future will lead him, he feels that it's a good fit.

V I L L A I N S

3 / 5 SPOTS TAKEN

x VILLAIN
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

FULL NAME: Scarlett Noble
                                                  Alias: Nightmare
                                                  ORIENTATION: Pansexual but with a preference towards other females
                                                  USERNAME: A Forced Metaphor

Nothingness Manipulation: What this really means is that Scarlett can delete things from existence. She can delete objects (like guns when she's doing a heist), injuries, elements (such as earth or water but only depending on how big those things are for instance she can't get rid of an entire ocean or all the oxygen from the world without killing herself) and her own memories or emotions. She can also bring things back after she deletes them.
                                                    Darkness Manipulation: A really simple power. She can make everything dark and manipulate the shadows. No biggie really.
                                                    Enhanced Thievery: Scarlett is really good at stealing things. She can move silently, fit in small places, and take things without getting caught.

xVILLAIN
User Image

FULL NAME: Angelo Venti Fedele
                                                  Alias: Chameleon
                                                  ORIENTATION: Bi-sexual, though he prefers males.
                                                  USERNAME: Little Hitsugaya

Animal Morphing : Angelo can transform into animals, whichever animal he chooses he can use their own abilities and traits that come along with each animal. This comes incredibly handy for stealing or even attacking, he can turn into something as small and unnoticed as a mouse, or as vast and dangerous as an elephant. However, Angelo can only turn into animals that he has come into contact with prior to transforming. He also cannot speak while in animal form and for whatever reason, no matter what animal he morphs into he cannot change the color of his own eyes.
                                                    Heightened Senses : Once he gains this animal morphing, Angelo's normal human senses will pique. Causing his senses to become above average. This is in part to the fact that most animals have higher senses than humans and since he has to rearrange his DNA structure when he morphs, it's only obvious that something like this would happen along side his main power.

x VILLAIN
User Image

FULL NAME: Skye Grace Levine
                                                  Alias: Viper
                                                  ORIENTATION: Pansexual
                                                  USERNAME: xx love shine

While Skye doesn't have any superpowers, she has her abilities:
                                                    Close-range Combat: Skye is really good with fighting, especially hand-to-hand combat. She knows martial arts as well as other different forms of combat.
                                                    Poisoned weapons: Skye uses knives, ropes, arrows, when she fights. She has even poisoned them to cause more pain and damage to the other person. While Skye prefers fighting close range, she took up archery as a form of her longer range fighting. It definitely comes in handy.
                                                    Toxicology: How else does she poison her weapons? Well she spent a lot of time learning how to create the perfect poisons to help her with her fighting. She's pretty much a pro at it now, and it sure shows when her shots take a hit.

Kawaii Receiver

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Popular Thread 100
User Image

sᴜɴi ᴍᴏɴix ᴛᴜᴇiix ᴡᴇᴅix ᴛʜᴜʀxi ғʀɪixi sᴀᴛ
                      xxxi 1xxix 2xxx 3xxxi 4ixxi 5xix 6
                      7xxi 8xxxi 9xxi 10xx 11xi 12ix 13
                      14x 15xx 16xx 17xx 18xi 19xi 20
                      21x 22xx 23xx 24xx 25xi 26ix 27
                      28x 29xx 30

tab tab tab xxx ϟ x
                      tab tab tab Today is August 20th :: sunny, with a chance of thunderstorms tonight.. .
                      tab tab tab tab 69 ° F

Settings will be updated regularly! Let me know if there is something you wish me to add!

Mortisam - street view

City Hall

Subway

City Park

Kawaii Receiver

8,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Popular Thread 100
User Image

Updates & Announcements will go here!

Under-construction ! STILL ACCEPTING ! :: 7/21