Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Spotter

"You're a person that can get around unseen. If I choose to, so can I. The problem is that I'm no longer responsible solely for myself it would seem." Dr. Gideon said.
"I need a way to throw Duquaine off my tail. I was just wondering if you had any ideas." Dr. Gideon said.
Alexander thought about what Nathan said about their situation. "I guess it all depends on if we can rent a coach or horses...but I'll admit I don't have that much money on me and I highly doubt that trick we did on the ferry is going to work again. Plus, you'll understand if I'm not too keen on putting myself out there. I am definitely starting to learn the value of keeping low." He said with a small smile. He waved to Tirellian as he left to see the wildlife. Gideon was out somewhere and he wasn't sure where John was either. "So...I guess that means walking."
GrayFox7
"You're a person that can get around unseen. If I choose to, so can I. The problem is that I'm no longer responsible solely for myself it would seem." Dr. Gideon said.
"I need a way to throw Duquaine off my tail. I was just wondering if you had any ideas." Dr. Gideon said.
"That, I have plenty...and as a show of no hard feelings for takin' you for a Sprocket, I may just share." She crossed her arms and leaned against an awning post. "Gettin' around unseen is just hidin' in plain sight. Bein' the tower that you are, Mr. Gideon, I'm afraid you stand to get picked out of a crowd, Sir."
Easily a head shorter than him, she craned her neck to look him up and down.
"But there are ways you can draw less attention. You can make yourself look less remarkable...or you can keep the company of someone more remarkable than you."
Lily blinked and looked to the side when she heard another voice, seeing as Burnie approached. "...huh? Oh... it... was okay I guess..." she replies. "...had too much on my mind to really take it in, I guess. What about you?"
Burnie shrugged. "It was ok, but after a few years it gets a bit old!" She gave a slightly awkward laugh. "Say, you ok?" Her eyebrows knotted over her green eyes. "You look like you got somethin' on your mind."

Dapper Spotter

"Well changing my own appearance is out of the question I'm afraid, but I must ask how making someone else in my group look more remarkable will draw less attention to us?" Dr. Gideon asked, not entirely sure what she was meaning yet.
Lily was quiet for a few moments after Burnie asked if she was okay. She was a little reluctant, as she only met Burnie shortly after arriving in Salin; though the girl did know that Lily had lost her memory "One of my friends ended up in trouble, and I ended up helping him out. In the process.... I thought I remembered something about myself; but I can't hold the memory long enough to remember anything from it..." There wasn't any point in mentioning that the memory might have some connection with a skill she might have had.

Dapper Spotter

((You can poop in Skyward Sword.

Best Zelda game ever.

That is all.)
((I guess the friend whose birthday you went to got that game after all? razz ))

Dapper Spotter

((No they were out when we went to go get hers. I did a trade in deal today in my town so I got it for about 20 bucks.

I haven't played it very long, so I can't really form an opinion just yet. One thing that stands out is that you start with 6 hearts and not 3 this time. Also you have a Dash with a Stamina meter which seems to be used for just about everything.

But yeah. You can poop.

You can also be snarky! Gah this is great.))
GrayFox7
"Well changing my own appearance is out of the question I'm afraid, but I must ask how making someone else in my group look more remarkable will draw less attention to us?" Dr. Gideon asked, not entirely sure what she was meaning yet.
"Ever seen the Xion Legion Traveling Circus?" she asked. "In a given show, you get your contortionist, some jugglers, a fire-eater, maybe an exotic animal tamer...and if all goes well, some little kid twirling a baton around. Out of the five, which one are you most likely to overlook?" she posed. "You find someone who makes a living standing out. By standing next to him, you won't."

((Pardon the callback. wink ))

Dapper Spotter

((A circus? Someone is turning over in their demon graves right now. razz ))

"I see..." Dr. Gideon said. The sound of a ferry's bell took his attention away from the conversation. The thought of another boat coming in worried him, it meant that it could be the Circle coming to Salin to investigate or it could be nothing at all. All the same, he wasn't in much of a position to really take chances here.
"Well I thank you for this delightful chat and that advice, but it would seem that it is time for me to go. I hope your journey is well and you resolve this business you have with the Sprockets and that Adrian Cox fellow." Dr. Gideon said.
((Not sure how to do a "callback" box thingy, so let's assume Burnie's talking to Lily still!))

Burnie looked down for moment. "Maybe there's a reason you forgot about your life?" she said slowly, musing out loud. She glanced up and saw Lily staring at her. "Not that you're a bad person!" She smiled and gave a nervous laugh, pulling the back of her red hair, as was her habit. "I guess you'll be heading out of Salin now, huh?" she asked, changing the subject so rapidly she could practically see skid marks in the air.
((Anzu, by "callback," I actually meant my using the name "Xion Legion." They were villains in a previous RP of ours. razz But if you want to use the quotation box, just find the post you want to quote (ex: the last thing Lily said), click the "Quote" button, then just type your response below the code that appears.))

She courtesied. "Right obliged. Next we meet, Sir, may there be a table, a deck and a stack of chips 'twixt us." She flashed her teeth and turned around. "Oh. One more thing," she added over her shoulder. "You're bound for Natum, you say? Should you run into a Jhonen and Gildea Morgan up there, give 'em my regards. You might even count on 'em for a favor yourself." With that she sashayed on down the boardwalk.

Dapper Spotter

Dr. Gideon gave a tip of his hat and started to move away as well, all before he stopped and called after her again.
"Also, I forgot to mention. It's Dr. Gideon. Make no mistake about that." Dr. Gideon said with a chuckle before he made his way back to the inn. He kept a casual step for a good few yards before he picked up the pace a bit.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff