Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Spotter

((Actually for what I had planned Pilan you could probably have them show up anyway.))
((It's fine if they show up, just don't have them respond too quickly. If there were no survivors among the Inquisitors in Mercor, there would be nobody to alert the Circle. And it's only been one day. If you assume that one of the Inquisitors in Mercor was reporting back to a higher-up every day (which to me sounds a tad excessive), they'd just now be realizing something's wrong.))

Dapper Spotter

The Hearkened One
((It's fine if they show up, just don't have them respond too quickly. If there were no survivors among the Inquisitors in Mercor, there would be nobody to alert the Circle. And it's only been one day. If you assume that one of the Inquisitors in Mercor was reporting back to a higher-up every day (which to me sounds a tad excessive), they'd just now be realizing something's wrong.))

((Well actually the Inquisitors all carry those pocket watches that stop when they die. The watches are enchanted to be connected to the Inquisitors' life force so that the Circle can keep up with their agents. If they saw a group of them die all at one it would probably tip them off as to something being wrong, but no worries I won't have them show up too soon.))
((which would probably explain why the inquisition responded so quickly at the death of three scouts earlier in the RP, when everyone was still in Arula. and the Celius siblings heading that way would get out of the circle's way only because they were told to by their father. of course, what father doesn't know won't hurt him, right? XD))
((Oh, yeah, I forgot about those watches. sweatdrop Okay, then, anytime you want is fine. If they don't already know Jack's men were behind it, you can have them try and find out.))
((Just to get things started again biggrin ))

"But how are we goin' to do that?" Burnie asked, shrugging. "It's not like it's a short journey, I believe, and then there's the problem with the locals and their trust issues. How are we going to play this?"
Alexander paced a bit. He didn't know very much about the natives, just basic cultural things and the like. "This is going to be very tricky." He said. "But the first order of business is leaving town. I think we should be out before the end of the day. Better not take any chances with the Circle. We can figure out a way to deal with the natives once we take off. Establishing a...well, a friendly contact is going to be difficult but not impossible."

Talei tried to be quick. She wanted to get to the guild as quickly as possible. The mystery was thickening and she wanted to learn more. She made her polite goodbyes and was on the way to the guild in less than an hour. Along the way her mind worked like a well oiled clock. Lily had made her way here to Natum, obviously with the help of the guild or at least it's one member. That implied some kind of connection especially if she was asked to procure something for them. Easier to do when you have little memory and no remembered ties to one's family. According to other overheard conversations the guild was in slightly troubled waters right now with the Circle. It always had been of course but lately the waters became more and more...disturbed. That implied that something was going on within the guild that the Circle was nervous about. Their reputation, perhaps? But Lily let on nothing about a connection with the guild, saying that the guild still intended to remain anonymous, a third party hence the need for secrecy...so how was this connected to the tinkerers? Was Lily friends with them? The guild seemed to be the common link...She looked up at the nearing Guild building...maybe she could ask this Nathan...
Tirellian inspected the sea chart. "Well, knowing the way to Finibus is one thing. What are the chances of getting a boat this late in the day?"

Dapper Spotter

It didn't seem as if anyone had really paid attention to what Dr. Gideon had said about Fontaine being a Sprocket sympathizer, or perhaps they didn't care. Giving a sigh, Dr. Gideon approached the map and poked a few spots with his cane.
"The port's here. We should walk down and at least talk to someone. I doubt there will be any boats leaving tonight, however, most captains bring their haul into port around this time. We might be able to negotiate with someone about an early morning departure." Dr. Gideon said. After he was done, he nodded and headed for the door.
"Well we best be off then. It makes no more sense to stand around talking here." Dr. Gideon said as he moved out the door.
Alexander fidgeted a bit as he also moved toward the door after the good doctor, as suddenly something occurred to him and he caught up with the other man. "You said Fontaine was a Sprocket sympathizer...right?" He said with a small frown as his brain mulled over the information. The fact that they couldn't probably get a boat until morning disturbed him. As excited as one small part of him might be over the very VERY small chance of seeing Maria again, the rest of him quickly told that part of him that the prospect was an idea that was not really worth considering further, what with their status as wanted people. "Which means of course miss Nemo is someone that could be very close to him...that could cause a lot of problems."

Dapper Spotter

"That's the conundrum really. He may not be a Sprocket sympathizer, or he may be. The question at hand is whether or not his trust of Captain Nemo is due to their familial ties or due to connections with the organization. When we find him, we should approach him with caution when talking about the Guild's project." Dr. Gideon explained to Alex. What he meant was; if they told the wrong people about the Guild project, word would get out as to what the Guild was trying to do and that would spell doom on New Unity.

Soon after leaving the lighthouse, the group would find themselves at the port. Sure enough, it was starting to get dark and most ship captains had already pulled in their haul for the day.
((Hearkened gave me permission to use my sea captain character as an NPC, let me know if I'm doing anything wrong cos I've never run an NPC before!))

"Looks like we won't be able to find a ship very easily... They look like fishin' boats to me," Burnie said skeptically. She cast her eye around the darkening harbour, and tugged Gideon's sleeve slightly before pointing to a ship moored a few feet away. "Does that ship look like a fishing boat? ...'Cos it doesn't to me."

"Tha's because it isn't, lassy," came a lilting Highland accent from behind them. A young woman, her chesnut hair trying to escape the battered captain's hat it was forced under, looked at them with a suspicious yet friendly smile on her face. "Wha' be you all doin' here?" she asked, placing a hand on her belt, resting on the hilt of a cutlass. "Y'look a wee bit different from the normal crowd we ge' in fer the fish and whatnot."
((Okay, here's the thing. I'm having a rough time, and this RP is the last thing on my mind. I gave you people the freaking 2-day rule so you wouldn't have to sit around on your hands when I'm not here, and still you sit around all worried about "messing up someone's plan." Well, guess what. If anybody even HAS a plan, tough tits for them not enacting it by now. It's no fair for everyone else to wait around indefinitely just because one person may or may not have a certain way they want to do things later on. If that person made you wait, THAT person should be the one to adapt and change their plan. In tabletop gaming, forcing the story to progress a certain way and giving the party no flexibility is called "railroading," and is a sign of a bad DM. For the love of God, stop worrying about whether or not someone else "has something planned," and take some initiative.
I gave Anzu permission to advance the plot in my absence, but if you absolutely, positively must see someone else post before you can move on, here you go. Just fill in the blanks in your head, and refill them for any later situation that calls for it.))

After [previous thing] happened, Tirellian [verb] the [noun].
Alexander mulled over Gideon's words. Were they right in seeking out Fontaine for this project? If he was at least a Sprocket sympathizer, was there any guarantee he would help them? Or would he inform other Sprockets of what they had planned? That would be horrible for the guild. "Maybe we could try to talk to the good captain..." He trailed off as a young woman appeared behind them, inquiring about their purpose. He smiled cheerfully. "Oh, just visiting. Actually, we were planning on leaving soon." He looked over at the boat that was anchored out. "That's your boat, you said? Captain...would you be interested in taking aboard a few passengers?"
The captain shrugged. "Aye, tha's the Queen Aseasee. And I might be able ter take you, depends where yer goin', laddy." She cast an eye over the group. "Y'seem like a motley bunch, don'tcha? Where y'all heading off to in such a bustle?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff