1 100.0% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 3 ]
< 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 15 >

Forlorn Toaster's Husbando

Nuclear Powerhouse

User Image

A R T H U R . A L L A N A C H

( the.grizzled.professor )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - K N O W . W H E R E . Y O U . T R E A D

tooth&clawArthur paused, just briefly, to make sure she'd heard him. When the engine shut off, he breathed a small sigh of relief - but just barely, now that the biters had switched their attention to him. The air was eerily quiet now, devoid of any sound except for the shuffles and groaning of approaching biters. He had no idea how many more would come here, but might as well get rid of those that did - it meant less biters in the entirety of the town anyhow. Arthur didn't bother waiting for the biters to get within striking distance; he leapt from biter to biter as quickly as he was confident in doing so, slashing and jabbing at their heads.

tooth&clawThe rotting flesh and brittle bone gave way somewhat easily, but most of the biters needed more than one hit to kill - he was slashing sideways with the scythe rather than bringing it straight down to avoid any chance of the weapon becoming stuck in a biter's head, which meant that most of his slashes took out a chunk of flesh rather than going directly into the brain. Arthur could only fight for so long, and a group of biters as large as this would overwhelm him at some point. The tip of an arrow bursting through the eye socket of a biter reminded him that he wasn't fighting alone - evidently the girl had been able to get out from under the motorcycle, and was shooting any biters getting too close to him. Nice shot, He thought idly, but she's only got so many arrows...and ye can't keep this up forever.

tooth&clawThe herd was starting to thin out, but only just slightly. Any others that had been attracted to the sound of the engine either chased after the other stragglers that had also been near the university, or had lost track of the sound and wandered back into town. It was probably a good idea to get out of here; there was only a small chance he could fight off all of these without getting bitten, and he had no intention of taking it. Arthur raised his arms above his head and ran full tilt through the herd, bent over slightly so that, hopefully, he wasn't at the jaw level of most of the biters. With sheer dumb luck, he cleared the herd somehow unscathed, though covered in more blood and bits of flesh than he would've ever liked to have been. He was glad for the welding gloves he wore - his hands would be bleeding from scratches otherwise.

tooth&claw"Are ye alright? Can ye stand?" He skidded to a stop near the fallen motorcycle, transferring his knife so he could offer a hand to the girl.

L E S T . Y O U .S T R A Y . O F F . T H E . P A T H - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

wнeʀenear the university x wιтнnicole; an uncomfortable number of biters
ιɴveɴтoʀʏkusarigama (x1), hunting knife (x1),
clothes (turtleneck sweater, cargo pants, combat boots, welding gloves)
canned food (x2), box of nails (x1), screwdriver (x1), chocolate bar (x1)

oocperfect!
also, hope that wasn't too godmode-y, can't fight those biters forever

Nuclear Powerhouse

User Image

C R O W E L L . S E B E R

( the.lone.wolf )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - I . M I G H T . T E A R . M Y S E L F . A P A R T

unburdenthyselfCrowell pretty much ransacked his apartment, quickly stashing the food that was still usable. It wasn't too much; some had spoiled, and others had been bitten or opened. He wasn't sure if it was the presence of the biters inside his apartment that had caused them to spoil, but either way, he didn't trust them. In the end, he ended up with just enough to make his backpack a lot heavier than he would've liked, but it was better than attempting to comb through the supermarket for what was left. Crowell hefted the backpack over his shoulder, pausing once to snag the picture of himself and Robin that he'd also meant to get from an old, shattered picture frame on the floor.

unburdenthyselfHe was about to return to the bookstore before he remembered the biter he'd found on the second floor, and the voices he'd heard. Carefully stepping into the darkened hallway, he tried to remember where they'd come from - left, for sure, but he wasn't sure exactly which one. Despite the lack of voices, he could still hear movements in the quiet space - not the shuffling, clumsy ones of biters, but small, deliberate ones from people. Using that, he pinpointed the apartment - #208, the rusted door number said - though with some difficulty. Crowell did hesitate in getting near; he certainly didn't want anyone to panic and come out with a loaded shotgun and a twitchy trigger finger, but had no other choice but to risk it. Carefully, he knocked on the door, keeping his voice low in case any biters had followed the one that was currently lying on the floor around the corner.

unburdenthyself"Is anyone there?"

W I T H . T H I S . T U M U L T . I N S I D E . O F . M E - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

wнeʀeapartment complex; outside #208 x wιтнno one
ιɴveɴтoʀʏsledgehammer (x1), kitchen knife (x1),
clothes (jeans, combat boots, t-shirt, light jacket, leather gloves, overcoat),
books (x2), lighter (x1), canned food (x6), bag of chips (x2),
batteries (x2), picture (x1)

Tipsy Tipper

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
jαdα xxxx míltσn

And it's so sad to see the world agree
That they'd rather see their faces fill with flies
All when I'd want to keep white roses in their eyes.

xxxBefore Blair could respond to Jada's question, a soft knock sounded on their door. She tensed, head whipping in the direction of the noise. It was soon followed by a muffled voice from the hallway, too low for her to quite make out. ❝Did you hear that?❞ She asked Blair, voice lowered to a whisper. ❝Didn't sound like a biter.❞ Quietly leaving her chair, Jada grabbed the handle of her frying pan and crept away from the kitchenette. The cookware wasn't her only weapon--she did have a sizeable knife that she'd wielded while clearing her small apartment--but even against the biters she preferred less violent defenses. Shattering a skull with a blunt object was much easier to stomach than jamming her knife through an eye socket and getting sprayed with diseased blood.

xxx When Blair appeared behind her, Jada swallowed hard and peered through the peephole. The fisheyed glass showed a slightly gnarled, scarred profile; the man was keeping watch down the hallway. Another survivor? Already? She marveled, mouth slightly agape. It had been mere minutes since her first encounter in weeks. Maybe they heard me calling out to him, or the door slamming... Turning back to Blair, she had to fight to keep her voice down. ❝It's a man,❞ she reported in a hush, stepping away from the small class circle in case Blair wanted a glimpse. ❝Can't tell if he's been bit or not, none of his wounds look fresh. Do you know him? What should we do?❞ She brought her thumb to her lips and chewed the nail anxiously, looking to her company for a decision.

Location:apartment 208//Company:Blair, (Crowell - outside)//Mood: curious, excited, a little nervous

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
☰ ☰ ☰ ☰ ☰

But now we must pick up every piece
Of the life we used to love
Just to keep ourselves
At least enough to carry on

☰ ☰ ☰ ☰ ☰

ooc; writing this on my break at work so I don't have much time, sorry it's not the best just trying to get things movin'~
also I now realize I've been referring to Crowell as Crowley and for that I apologize lol

Bre-chan101's Partner

Super Sleuth

User Image
BLAIR JACKOBY CAMPBELL

officer, 'ɹǝɔıɟɟo
x x x x x x x x x xx x x x x tell me the truth«x x «x x «x x «
x x x x xHow manyTIMES can I
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x Get in t r o u b l e with you . . .

████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████ ████████████████████████████

Blair took in his surroundings casually, pulling one of his last cigarettes from his pocket and placing it between his lips before realizing that this was someone's home. It had been far too long since he had been in the company of others, so his manners were lacking severely. He pocketed the lighter he had withdrawn, but the cigarette remained between his lips as he stared at the young woman for a moment, thinking about what she had just asked him. He never really stayed anywhere particularly long. Resources ran out, and permanent dwellings tended to attract unwanted attention from the zombies. Blair opened his mouth to tell her this, but they were interrupted by a knock at the door. "What the ********] he mumbled to himself more than to the woman beside him, his deep southern drawl accompanied by confusion.

The young man watched as Jada approached the door, glancing through the peephole at the person on the other side. She relayed what she had seen and he glanced at her, shrugging as he drew the crowbar from his bag with one hand, motioning for her to get behind him. Blair approached the door slowly, trying not to make any noise on the decrepit floorboards below him. He too looked through the peephole. It was no one he had seen before, but the girl was right. None of his wounds look fresh. Without really consulting her, he opened the door swiftly and silently, gesturing to the man into the narrow front hallway of the apartment, weapon still drawn in case he had been bitten in a spot they had failed to observe.

"Well isn't this a happy, happy day" he sneered at the newcomer, glancing over his shoulder at Jada before mouthing "Cockblock" at the older man who was now in the apartment. "I don't suppose you've been bitten and you're seeking your first meal on human flesh?" he asked casually looking the man up and down suspiciously, before rolling his eyes and taking a mock swing at the man. "Psyche" he laughed before putting the weapon down. "But how rude of me." he touched his heart mockingly while introducing himself "I'm Blair, welcome to Chez Jada" he motioned into the house and towards where the temporary tennant was standing, shooting her a side glance and cocking an eyebrow at the woman.

Out of Context: Your supernatural fandom membership is showing? ;P Sorry this is crap and rushed. Lmk if there's anything I need to fix.
                                              Equipment: The usual, everything I own.
                                              Company: Jada, Crowell - But we don't know his name yet.

. . . before they lock me up x x x x x
                                              »x x » x x » x x » for all the bad things that I do?x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
                                              BUT YOU DON'Tx x x x x
                                              that's why this feels like x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
                                              [ d é j à x v u ] x x x x x

Codger

User Image

╍╍╍╍╍ ⋉ nicole m claughlan ⋊ ╍╍╍╍╍

flying on your motorcycle, watching all the ground beneath you drop
..............you'd kill yourself for recognition, kill yourself to never ever stop

The old man was crazy. But lucky...very lucky. Nicole was baffled that a guy of his age would even think of pulling such a Hail Mary move like that, and yet, he made it through in one piece. Something about him suggested that he wasn't always a man of dumb luck. When he came running up all covered in entrails, the urge to make a sarcastic comment sat on her tongue. She bit it back after deciding it might not be the best introduction.

When he asked if she could stand, Nicole took his hand and quickly replied, "Yeah, I'll be fine." But just as she tried to lift to her feet, her ankle went weak and she dropped to her knee, refusing to fall completely. It hurt, bad. Her foot felt like pins and needles, crawling and stabbing her all over. Pull it together or you'll be walker bait, she urged herself through the pain, trying to mask it in short, rapid breaths. With the old man's helping hand, she tried again, wobbling her way onto both feet.

"I think it's just asleep," she reckoned, stamping her foot into the concrete and hissing through her gritted teeth, "...or....maybe not." She tried to put her weight into her uninjured leg.
          They didn't have time to sit around and find out for sure. The biters were splitting up now, wandering in various directions, but more than a few were still interested in them. Nicole threw her bow around her chest and consolidated her quiver into her backpack, tucking her black helmet under her arm. She hesitated, looking down at her fallen Triumph with remorse. Regardless of the dangers it could bring, it was her one true companion.

She looked up at the old man, grimacing in what was now emotional pain. Her free hand grasped at a small, bronze anatomical heart hanging against her chest, turning it over in her fingers.

"I ain't leavin' it....I'm sorry."

you broke another mirror,
you're turning into something you are not

User Image

ooc: short one, but hopefully enough to keep things movin'
with: a s**t ton of walkers and some old dude
things of importance: outfit & belongings || triumph bonneville t-100

Inquisitive Gatekeeper

User Image
-----------Aʟɪᴄɪᴀ Gᴡᴇɴ Nᴏʀʀɪs
The Smiling Schoolgirl.

"You should smile more Calvin. We're still alive, right?"

I'm here: The Streets Feeling pretty: Scared Hanging with: Nanuk
                                                                                ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Alicia was still tucked tucked on Nanuk's back, her arms wrapped tightly around his neck. The elder man had carefully crossed the parking lot but there wasn't much movement other than the wind pushing leaves. Still, they were both looking out for biters. Allie tried to steady her breathing again when Nanuk pushed aside one of the sliding doors and peered into the darkness. "M-maybe I should stay here. My breathing is too loud..." she whispered in a scared, whiny voice. She didn't want to be left outside but she also didn't want to hider him. Nanuk glanced over his shoulder at her in contemplation then should his head. It wasn't like it had been outside the hospital; there was no where for her to safely hide.

"It's okay. Just try to keep as quiet as you can, alright?" he replied. Allie gave him a slow nod and buried her face into his back to try and muffle her breathing. Nanuk crept into the supermarket, his ears already straining to hear any other noise. He slowly moved down an aisle keeping his eyes pealed for movement when they both heard the telltale sounds of the biters. Nanuk nearly bolted but upon inspection, he realized he could get them both around the stranglers that were creeping along the other side. It was a painstakingly slow and careful process but after many close calls and careful foot placement, Nanuk reached the pharmacy. He reached up and took Allie off his back and gently placed her on the counter. "Can you see anything?" he whispered.

Alicia crawled forward on the counter and looked through the room as best as she could despite the darkness. She shook her head then slowly crawled down on the other side. Nanuk glanced over his shoulder then followed her over, hopping the counter. Quickly he traversed the shelves looking for some salbutamol and after a hurried search, he finally found what he was looking for. "Thank God," he sighed, reaching for his backpack. That's when he heard a groan from within the room and Alicia moved closer to him, her eyes widening in fear. "Oh s**t..." Nanuk grabbed as many of the small boxes as he could and pushed them all into his bag, stopping only to grab a few other labels he may have recognized. Most of the basic things were gone but some of what was left behind could prove useful.

Quickly, Nanuk grabbed up his bag and then lifted up Allie, setting her on the counter again. He was going to follow when the biter grabbed hold of his bag. In a panic, Nanuk turned and shoved the creature back letting it hit the shelves and fall. It was dressed in the pharmacists uniform so he figured it came out of the office room in the back. Without thinking, he smashed his foot down on the head, a sickening crack reverberating off the walls. "For ******** sake," he hissed before leaping over the counter. As expected, the other undead heard the sound and were coming their way so Nanuk simply grabbed Alicia up, placing her on his back and took off. They burst out of the supermarket into the parking lot and he made a mad dash for the street, spending all his energy. Allie hung on tightly trying not to hyperventilate as they rounded a corner and looked for a place to hide.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

║▌▌║▌▌║▌██████████████ ║▌▌║▌▌║

User Image--User Image--User Image
Optimism is a happiness magnet
If you stay positive
Good things and good people
Will be drawn to you

Nuclear Powerhouse

User Image

( the.lone.wolf )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - I . M I G H T . T E A R . M Y S E L F . A P A R T

unburdenthyselfCrowell shifted his weight from one foot to the other as he waited, getting antsier by the second. He could hear voices from behind the door - likely discussing whether to let him in. He was well aware that his grizzled appearance made him look like a freshly turned biter, though his appearance made no difference to the biters themselves; and it was why he'd avoided everyone else until now. Crowell was starting to reconsider his choice until the door opened, where he was greeted by a wonderfully sarcastic comment and a mock swing with a crowbar. He barely suppressed a growl of annoyance, gaze darting away from the speaker for a moment. I lied. I prefer the shotgun and the trigger finger.

unburdenthyselfThe kid introduced himself as Blair, and the girl behind him as Jada, who was definitely more nervous about the situation than he was. Her presence there would definitely not be making Crowell any less comfortable than he already was, given his condition, but he'd just have to deal with it. These two were technically the hosts, in a way, and he the guest. He surveyed the inside of the apartment quickly before answering - same basic layout as his own, though definitely less trashed seeing as the majority of the herd had followed him to the third floor. "Think I'd know if I was bitten." He said, eyes narrowing slightly, choosing to answer Blair's question seriously. "Crowell." He introduced himself, cutting out every other unnecessary word. "Not too many people come through this town. Guess I'm technically the welcoming committee."

W I T H . T H I S . T U M U L T . I N S I D E . O F . M E - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

wнeʀeapartment complex; #208 x wιтнjada, blair

oocno worries, technically it's his second name anyhow xD
also, sorry for being AWOL for a while, my own RP was having problems,
so I got pulled away from this one for a little

Nuclear Powerhouse

User Image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - K N O W . W H E R E . Y O U . T R E A D

tooth&clawArthur grimaced as the girl shakily made her way to a standing position. Hopefully her ankle wasn't sprained or broken, but he wouldn't be able to find out until they were somewhere these biters couldn't get to. "Alright, hope ye can hop pretty fast. If I was younger I could carry ye, but tha's not really an option righ' now." He wasn't too sure about his base camp, seeing as it was on the ground floor, but there was a small passage to the roof just in case, and the door to the lab was heavy, metal, and fireproof. It could likely hold off the biters until they got bored. If worse came to worst and the biters got in, he could always turn on all the gas taps in the lab and throw in a few matches from the roof, though it'd mean he'd have to find another camp.

tooth&clawBut for now he had to deal with these biters. Luckily the herd was coming towards the university, otherwise the path would've been blocked, and using side streets were iffy, since he didn't know how many biters had scattered into them. Arthur was about to make a run for the lab, until the girl glanced at the bike and-

tooth&claw"Are ye insane, girl?! We've got an entire herd o' biters on our arses an' ye-"

tooth&clawHis tirade stopped abruptly; he knew that look in her eyes. She'd lost someone, and that bike was a memory she wasn't willing to leave behind yet. Arthur gave a tired sigh, expression softening somewhat.

tooth&claw"Tha' bike's not flesh an' blood like us, girl - th' biters'll leave it unless one o' them manages to switch on th' engine, which I doubt. We're not leavin' it for long, jus' until th' streets clear enough. Ye hear me? We'll come back an' get it, I promise, but righ' now we need tae get th' hell outta here!"

L E S T . Y O U .S T R A Y . O F F . T H E . P A T H - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

wнeʀenear the university x wιтнnicole; an uncomfortable number of biters

oocwoohoooo

Bre-chan101's Partner

Super Sleuth

MICHELLE CARMELLA VILLANUEVA

WORK HARD LIKE IT'S YOUR PROFESSION !
                        watch out now I know I sound'cause here it comes I know I sound big beat to blast ya I know I sound no time to quit now
                        I know I sound crazy
                        ►▌▌ just time to put it down
                        PICK x x x x UPx x x x WHATx x x x I'Mx x x x PUTTINGx x x x DOWN
                        you better work b***h !

██████████████████████████████████████████████████

The silence that was engulfing her despite the chaos around the building was slowly becoming too much for her. She could still hear the rumbling of the bike and what sounded like someone else. If they needed her help, Chelle was up for a challenge. Not particularly because she enjoyed helping people, but because something about the feeling of being owed a debt made her feel powerful; feelings of authority were difficult to come by in situations where you were by yourself the majority of the time.

None the less, Chelle's curiosity got the better of her, and she made her way out onto the top balcony of the building. As the doors swung open she was graced with the ambient moans of walkers. The walkers were paying much less attention to herself than she would have even imagined, consumed by the idea of the ground-level prey. The other girl who she had made eye contact with had disappeared into the sea of rotting flesh, and was no where to be seen. Perhaps she had done the smart thing and simply his away inside one of the buildings.., it was the bike, and the yelling that where what they were attracted too, and had she been a walker, the injured girl and the old man would have been who she had gone after as well, assuming that walkers functioned on some sort of logic (which she doubted).

Chelle watched as the old man begged the girl to silence the bike, which was drawing more attention than the stupid girl's yelling ever could have. She watched as the girl used a walker as a shield against the others, as she played pincushions with their pretty little rotting heads. She watched as the old man thinned through the hoard to get to the girl who she doubted he even knew. Humans were a strange race if she had ever seen one, perhaps it was some sort of fatherly instinct driving the man to the young girl. As he reached her, Michelle swung a leg over the bannister of the balcony, sliding down one of the support beams and landing on the front porch with a soft thud. Chelle would have began shooting, but gunshots tended not to be the best way to keep the hoard thin. The attention diverted elsewhere, the limber young woman had her pocketknife/brass knuckle combination in one hand, and Woody in the other. With the hoard thinning, and her silent movement along the side of the streets she could easily take out any walker that ventured within a couple feet of her.

The hoard thickened only slightly as she drew nearer to the duo, and one of the walkers ventured a little too close. She swung the loaded knife into they walker's eye, rupturing the frontal cortex before swinging down back onto it's skull with the blunt side of the instrument. A violent swing of her bat took out two others as she drew nearer. They were talking about the ******** motorbike. Michelle rolled her eyes as she drew closer to the duo from behind, a fake smile plastered on her face as she smashed in a skull, just to clear her path a bit more. It seemed the girl wasn't going anywhere without the bike. The two had also drawn her conveniently close to the apartment where she was staying. The old man was right, the walkers would leave the bike alone, but she doubted the girl with the limp was going to go for it.

Michelle eyed the two before speaking up, still with both their backs turned to her. "I could take her, and you could take the bike" she suggested, being the first words she had spoken out loud to someone else in some time now. The sound of her own voice was strange to her. The proposition the voice was making was even stranger. What could an old man and a girl with a limp possibly do for her? "I'm camped out about three blocks from here. We could put the bike into neutral and as long as we hustle, we'll make it no problem. Between the three of us, we can take out anything that gets to close. We can park the bike outside, you can see it from the balcony or roof of the apartment." she continued, glancing from the bike, to the girl, to the man... then back to the bike. Michelle shrugged. It was her final offer, she wasn't one to repeat herself, and she also wasn't one to wait around. This decision had to be made fast, before she changed her mind about this random act of kindness.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████

OOC || n/a
                                                                  LOCATION || Between home base and the university
                                                                  COMPANY || A bunch of idiots. (Nicole, Arthur, maybe Talia.. who knows, and enough walkers to make me uncomfortable)
                                                                  INVENTORY || clothes etc.

Codger

User Image

╍╍╍╍╍ ⋉ nicole m claughlan ⋊ ╍╍╍╍╍

flying on your motorcycle, watching all the ground beneath you drop
..............you'd kill yourself for recognition, kill yourself to never ever stop

There, in the middle of the street among the droning waves of walker moans, Nicole was seven again, sitting petrified in the corner of her home's basement and desperately clutching her favorite stuffed animal to her chest. The tornado sirens were blaring over her sobs, her childish pleas to let her keep her beloved companion safe from harm. She was seventeen again, crying over her first wrecked car, begging her father to find some way to fix it. She was twenty four, being drug away from her childhood home and everything she had ever known, onto a motorcycle. This motorcycle. And it had carried her, and her world, a very long way.

But Nicole, twenty five, was standing in a street swarming with reanimated, rotting corpses with a hunger for living flesh beside a man who had just risked his life to save hers. It was time to learn how to let go. Swallowing the growing lump in her throat and dropping the fiddling hand from her necklace, she inhaled deeply, working up a response. He was right. The dead had no use for anything with engines. Just as the first traces of a word began to leave her mouth, they got caught. Nicole saw movement out of the corner of her eye, approaching fast. She drew her machete from her backpack without hesitation and turned to swing just as this "walker" spoke. The machete halted in place.

In front of her blade was not a walker, but a girl. And she had just suggested a plan, a plan that included her bike. Nicole eyed her quickly and decided that there wasn't enough time to debate on trustworthiness, although the girl's smile seemed pretty damn fake. The machete Nicole had been pointing at the girl's chest dropped to her side reluctantly. It wasn't a bad plan.

"Alright, I'll bite," she answered, glancing around at gnashing teeth shuffling by, well aware of the pun included, "But the next time you show up out of nowhere, I suggest you don't spook the people with weapons from behind."

Using the machete to shift the pile of skewered biter bodies away from her Triumph, Nicole struggled to rest her weight on one leg. She would never be able to pull the hunk of metal back on its tires like that. She rested the edge of the blade on the side of the seat and looked up to the old man, hoping that he would understand the kind of trust she was placing in him and nodded. A walker suddenly lunged from the other side of the bike, and Nicole's subconscious reaction landed the machete right in its unhinged jaw. It took all of her force to shove it backwards and off the blade with a sickening 'shlunk'.

"S'pose that's our cue to get going."

you broke another mirror,
you're turning into something you are not

User Image

ooc: yee
with: old guy, smiley girl, and an unfortunate amount of walkers
things of importance: outfit & belongings || triumph bonneville t-100

Nuclear Powerhouse

User Image

tooth&clawLuckily the girl didn't mull over too much about his suggestion, because he was really starting to eye the biters that were getting close to the bike. There was a movement to the side, but before he could do much more than bite back a curse the girl had a machete out, pointing at the- no, wait, that actually wasn't a biter, it was another gorl. The girl had noticed just in time, machete inches away from the other girl. The latter's plan involved him taking the bike and all three of them heading to her camp - as good a plan as any, and at this point he welcomed any and all forms of help.

tooth&claw"Sounds good enough t' me."

tooth&clawThe biker girl cleared a few biters from the side of the bike before shooting him a hopeful glance, at which he nodded and took to the bike's other side. Arthur took the liberty of burying his kusarigama into the head of the biter that had approached earlier, bracing his foot against its chest to pull the blade out. He kicked away a few bodies, hoping it would form a stumbling block if any biters got too near. He knelt, braced the bike against his shoulder, and pushed as hard as he could, feeling it rise from the asphalt slowly but surely. With the girl's help, they heaved the bike upright, pausing briefly to get the bike in neutral.

tooth&clawArthur took the bike by the handlebars, carefully keeping it steady. He couldn't afford to drop it again, both because they wouldn't have time to lift it back up, and because he doubted that biker girl would appreciate more scratches to her bike, as important as it was to her. On the other hand, he wouldn't be able to use his weapons while walking it, and he just hoped he could keep up with these girls if they needed to run.

tooth&claw"Alrigh', girl, lead th' way, 'fore these biters are on top o' us." He said, aiming a kick - it was all he could manage - at the nearest biter, bringing it to a knee.

wнeʀenear the university x wιтнnicole; michelle; an uncomfortable number of biters

oocoh dear god my computer got weird and I nearly lost this post not even 30 seconds after I wrote it

Tipsy Tipper

jαdα xxxx míltσn

And it's so sad to see the world agree
That they'd rather see their faces fill with flies
All when I'd want to keep white roses in their eyes.

xxxJada hung behind her houseguest as Blair greeted the second visitor, blushing slightly when he turned back to look at her and silently shaping the word "cockblock." He took a playful swing at the newcomer and she couldn't help but flinch before she saw his crowbar stop short. The older man introduced himself as Crowell in a cool, clipped tone. From the sounds of it, he was a local -- or at least he'd been in the town for a fair chunk of time. Jada took a step forward, standing in line with Blair, and extended a hand. ❝Jada Milton; it's a nice change to meet some others with a pulse.❞ She noticed his eyes flicking around the small apartment and compulsively continued. ❝I found this place about a month back, it was pretty empty compared to some of the other flats.❞ Her gaze wandered to a splatter of discolored blood across the floorboards in the living room. ❝There was only one inside that I had to...put down.❞ The thought of the spray of blood that erupted from the biter's eye when she lunged at it with her knife still made Jada's stomach turn; she preferred to stay away from the haunting stain whenever possible. As soon as she checked the rest of the apartment for threats, she'd dragged the body out into the hallway in front of her door to get rid of the stench and remind herself which home she'd settled in when she left to gather supplies.

❝Do you have a camp? With...others?❞ Even as the questions left her lips, Jada's hopes were at an all time low. It was miraculous that she'd come across two unbitten survivors in such a short period of time, to expect that there was a safehaven somewhere with more of them would be asking far too much. Still, Crowell seemed capable. Even if he was alone, there was a chance that he'd created a better set up than her temporary home. Combining forces with the two men would indubitably increase her own chance of survival, but she wasn't positive what skills she could offer them besides a limited knowledge of of edible plants (which was only thanks to June and the survival encyclopedia from the university in her bag) and a knack for inventing somewhat useless contraptions with what little supplies they could scavenge. There was always strength in numbers; despite knowing very little about Blair or Crowell, she was willing to take a calculated risk with the first humans she'd seen in weeks -- if the other two were at all inclined to partner up. From the looks of Crowell's grimace and Blair's sneer, that might have been optimistic.

Location:apartment 208//Company:Blair, Crowell//Mood: slightly worried
outfit // inventory

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
☰ ☰ ☰ ☰ ☰

But now we must pick up every piece
Of the life we used to love
Just to keep ourselves
At least enough to carry on

☰ ☰ ☰ ☰ ☰

ooc ; end edited slightly

Inquisitive Gatekeeper

User Image
-----------Nᴀɴᴜᴋ Cᴀʟᴠɪɴ Lᴇᴇ
The Self-Important Good-For-Nothing.

"If you're not making mistakes, then you're not trying hard enough"

I'm here: The Bookstore Feeling pretty: Anxious Hanging with: Alicia
                                                                                ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Nanuk tore down the mostly empty streets, not stopping for anything or anyone. Not that he saw anyone but if he had, he probably wouldn't have stopped. He didn't glance back even once or slow down as he weaved the streets to put distance between them and the biters. When he finally felt safe enough to catch his breath, he practically collapsed, the adrenaline wearing off quickly. He set Alicia down on her feet and leaned against a wall raising his arms over his head to take in a little more air. "A-A-Allie...Here," he struggled to get out in between his huffs and puffs. He leaned down and took one of the boxes of salbutamol from his bag and ripped it open, trying to fit the medicine into the pump with shaky hands. Allie reached up and steadied his hands and they exchanged a quick glance before he finally managed to get it into the pump correctly. "Here sweetie," he said, bringing the pump to her mouth.

The girl took the pump and breathed in the cloud of medicine deeply. Nanuk didn't wait for it to take affect for them to start moving again though. He scooped her up into his arms and carried her down the street all the while warily looking over his shoulder. "Calvin?" Allie called up, looking up at him. He glanced down at her and nodded. "Look. It's the bookstore," she commented quietly, pointing across the street. He looked up and over and much to his surprise, she was right; they were right back where they'd started. He slowed to a stop and figured she'd been through enough for the door and a book might help her.

"Let's go see what we can find then," Nanuk replied with a smile before crossing the street. By then, her breathing had calmed so he set her down outside the door. Carefully, he reached out and pushed on the door, slowly so as not to make noise. He looked around then ushered Alicia in. "Stay here by the door okay? I'm gonna go see if anyone is here..." he told her, placing a hand on her shoulder. She nodded and he smiled before venturing further into the bookstore. It was small but dark and books littered the floor making it easy for someone to trip so he carefully stepped over the covers so as to not make any noise. Meanwhile, Alicia stood by the door peering through the darkness and occasionally looking outside to see if any biters were heading their way.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

║▌▌║▌▌║▌██████████████ ║▌▌║▌▌║

User Image--User Image--User Image
True strength isn't avoiding
The problem all together
True strength is getting knocked down
And knowing how to get back up

Nuclear Powerhouse

User Image

( the.lone.wolf )

unburdenthyselfCrowell's expression softened ever so slightly as Jada spoke - thankfully, she sounded more than Blair, though he wasn't just about to place his trust in these two just yet. "Likewise. Used to live one floor up until a herd stormed the place. You must've got here right after most of them cleared out." She seemed largely unsure about killing, even if the said person was already dead. How she'd gotten through the past year, he wasn't sure, but she was probably agile and quiet enough to evade biters rather than bashing their brains in like he'd been doing so far. He assumed Blair had done the same as him, his gaze briefly resting on the former's crowbar one last time before his eyes finally stilled, having completed his scan of the apartment, staring directly at the pair in front of him.

unburdenthyself"I have another camp in town; I only came by to salvage supplies." He gave a shrug, indicating his backpack. "There're some others around, but I'm not sure if they've left town. Never bothered trying to introduce myself. Wouldn't wanna attract a herd of biters to the street." And he supposed his loner personality hopefully went without saying. His visage along with his past made it easier for him to stay that way, knowing that a crowd was purely of biters and not having to watch for others. That was pretty much why he'd stayed in Acadia for so long while most others tried to find refuge elsewhere - along with the fact that he welcomed change as much as a fly welcomed a spider's web. Jada probably wanted otherwise; she looked a little disappointed after she spoke, well aware of the possibly ever-worsening chances of Crowell and Blair being able to stand each other.

wнeʀeapartment complex; #208 x wιтнjada, blair

oocblahhrg it's not great but it's something to reply to
I'll probably go over it tomorrow and fix it up if I have time

edited!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff