Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Lover

User Image
User Image

Xiao-Yànzi〗 〖"Swallow"〗 〖The Shapeshifter〗〖Crossing paths with: Eyra〗 〖My wanderings have led me: To my rooms in the Row House

It never ceased to amaze him how far he had come in his relationship with Eyra. When he had first met the girl, she had been demure and withdrawn. Something inside of her terribly shattered. Whereas she once would have fled his sight and clammed up, she now seemed more or less at ease as she sat upon his bed and let him dote over her. The ravenette gave a smile as he glanced at his beautiful fiance, before hurrying to explain to her why Ethne knowing wasn't her fault. When he was finished speaking, he looked like a puppy, eyes wide and just waiting to be yelled at. "It is your place. As my future wife, any and all of my secrets will also be yours. I may hide things from the world, but never shall I hide them from you. Still, do not worry so much about them getting out. Things are beginning to change around this land, and if others learn that I am something more than human, I do not believe it will be so terrible as it would have before." He stroked her hair once more, before giving a small chuckle as she spoke. Relief flashed across his face, though he shook his head. "You did not upset me. At least not intentionally. The only thing that upsets me is seeing you so devastated. I never want to see you that way again, least of all because of something foolish on my behalf." He spoke gently, a frown tugging down at his pale lips.

A chuckle escaped from him though, and his eyes lightened as he gently trailed the back of his hand down her cheek. "You are from from a giant oaf, my love. Perhaps a flighty sprite may be a better term for you." Xiao chuckled once more before his gaze lowered as she lifted a hand. He frowned upon seeing the blood, before going to pick up her hand. "I take it that your new position as carpenter is more difficult than first believed." His hand gently held her own, nodding absently at her words. "Yes, that is true. Perhaps you should look into wearing some thick gloves while you work to protect your hands. For the meantime, I can at least remove these horrid slivers of wood." Xiao pressed her hand between both of his. A light and unnatural wind seemed to ruffle his hair and he soon pulled his hand away, leaving Eyra's without any of the splinters that had pained her. The slivers of wood were in the palm of his hand and he blew on them, making them vanish. Her next words caused him to look up, the light in his eyes bright. It wasn't often that he heard those words come from her mouth, and every time that he did, his expression was one of pure joy.

"I love you, as well." He said softly, leaning down to capture her mouth with his own. He kept the kiss light and sweet before pulling back. "Now, how about some of that tea? It is just the thing to steady your nerves after crying up a storm." He poured her a cup, handing it to her before he poured one for himself as well. He waved a hand, a chair on the other side of the room sliding across the floor to him so that he could sit in it and gaze at Eyra. "You know... I have been thinking. Now that the invasion has been dealt with and life has returned to a semblance of normality... Now would be the perfect time for us to get married." He paused, before his fair face lit up. He was blushing. Actually blushing. "Only if you would like to, of course. I know there is much to be done in regard for the ceremony, but perhaps we could begin planning?" The lilt at the end of his words made it a question as he looked across to her.

Merlin The Mage

User Image

Devoted Lover

User Image
User Image

Theodore Russell Gryffith "Teddy" Teacher Bare your soul for the world to see: Amused Hello, can I help you?: Spitfyre ll Cleo ll Estelle ll Harvest God Add this to the map: Schoolhouse

It was good to see life blossoming in the desert town. Especially after all that had occurred with the invasion. Theodore had been a part of the group that had managed to flee town and head out to find reinforcements, coming back to aid in the freeing of the place he'd come to call home. To be perfectly honest, the blonde had thought about packing up his bags and leaving, but... something kept him rooted in this town. Perhaps it was the children, who he'd grown use to seeing everyday. Or perhaps it was the fact that he was just so tired. So tired of wandering and constantly moving, never having a place to actually sit and settle. At the age of thirty-one, he was far from old, but he was old enough that he wanted a little break from his travels. The teacher was lost in thought as he absently held Spitfyre's reigns in hand, the stallion staying still and behaving perfectly as the kids brushed his gleaming coat and fawned over him. Theodore had decided to give his small class a break, going off track from his usual lessons to bring his horse round and teach them what it was like to care for such an animal and all the work it entailed.

The sudden materialization of the Harvest God has Spitfyre giving a snort and shifting his weight. The creature didn't spook or shy away, which was odd in and of itself. It just proved that he, like his master, had seen plenty of strange things in their time and their travels all about the lands. "So you must be the new Harvest God everyone's been talkin' about." Teddy exclaimed, looking up at the floating ravenette. He gave an easy going grin before bowing slightly. "Never expected to see you out this way." The giant blonde man chuckled lightly. "This is my companion and friend, Spitfyre." He reached out to stroke the horse's nose, the creature moving to nudge Teddy's head and nibble at his hair, causing him to laugh and gently push Spitfyre aside. "He just stays at the ranch because that's the place he'll be most comfortable and looked after. I don't have stables by my home." Theodore explained before he chuckled upon hearing the god's next words. "This is one of the kids that I teach. This is Estelle." He gestured to her before ruffling her hair affectionately.

"Estelle, this is the new Harvest God. Say hello." He straightened up then and held out his hand to the magical deity. "The name's Theodore Russell Gryffith. But that is a dang mouthful, so Teddy will do." The blonde gave a wink, seeming completely at ease and not the least bit in awe of the Harvest God. Just what had he seen in his life to make him so easy going around such a powerful deity...?

Merlin The Mage

Kathryn Anon

Mistress Orion

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Eyra couldn't say for certain that being a carpenter was more difficult. It was different. Definitely different. She couldn't accept makeshift as a success anymore and the attention to detail was much more pertinent than it had been when she threw stuff together for the farm. It was rewarding in it's own way though. Watching as he cast his magic, her cheeks became tinged with a faint pink, eyes wide with the same childlike interest as the first time she'd seen him among the stars. His magic would never cease to amaze her. The nights she spent at home digging splinters from her own hands suddenly seemed like a petty waste of time. "Gloves would probably be a darn good idea, but it's already tough to work with all the weird tools at that workshop. I feel like I'd go n' get even more clumsy with all that stuff if I had gloves on." From her experiences, gloves took away a certain familiarity with her own hands. The added weight and size were the most disorienting.

She rubbed her freshly restored palms for a moment before being taken aback by his kiss. She returned it in earnest. Even so, she wondered if he had to hold back every time he kissed her. He was always so gentle and brief. It wasn't exactly the throes of passion she'd heard about as a young woman. Eyra chuckled at the thought, deciding Swallow was far to much a gentleman for her rugged countryside love knowledge. Taking the cup of tea he brought, she held it between both hands, shifting so she faced him directly. What he said next made her face burn as brightly as his.

The idea of almost any action past their engagement had been absent from her mind. There had been other things to focus on and even then she couldn't remember the couple actually planning much of anything back in her hometown. They informed the town of their intent to marry and the villagers did the rest. She wasn't as home anymore though. Her ma wouldn't make her a dress and her pa wouldn't walk her down a small path of flower petals. The villagers wouldn't prepare a pot luck either. Her hands trembled as she rose the tea cup to her lips, taking a small sip. The only thing the couple actually did was prepare wedding gifts, the one thing she had actually been doing. "I don't think there'd be any harm in it. I guess, it hadn't really crossed my mind at all. My hometown did things all weird I guess." She gave a nervous laugh.

She was clumsy though. Her progress on her wedding gift wasn't as quick as she'd have liked. Lowering the tea cup, she seemed to thing long and hard. If she really set to it she could probably have it done in a week. Maybe sooner if she simplified the design. She also had to keep in mind that she was awful at keeping secrets, especially from Swallow. When she finished she'd be hard pressed to actually keep quiet. "The season is good and all. We could probably have the ceremony in a week?" It wasn't as though she hadn't readied herself to actually be married. She'd been gathering her few belongings together to move in. She'd been patching up her more damaged clothes and practicing her sleeping habits.

Eyra took a deep breath. "I'm used to really simple stuff... So I dunno what sort o' thing you might o' had in mind. I've never been all too good at sewing fancy stuff either, but I think I saved up enough to buy a decent dress." There was a seamstress in town. If Eyra put in the order that afternoon the dress would probably be done in time. Hopefully Xiao would have more ideas about the actual ceremony than she did. Raising one hand from her cup, she smiled at him and reach out. Her index finger and thumb were held so that they were half of the shape of a heart.

“- MEMORIES_CHAINED -”

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[Indent][Indent][Indent]

LOCATION / / Row House [Indent][Indent]
COMPANY / / Swallow [Indent][Indent]
MOOD / / Hopeful [Indent][Indent]
THOUGHTS / / ... [Indent][Indent]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Member 100
The musical Gerudo

User Image
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx⇣* there are so many ❶ ❷ ❸ xxxxreasons
      xxxxxxxxx • ━━━━I'M NEVER GOING ✕✕ TO GET ENOUGH
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIF xxx YOU xxx SHOULD xxx LEAVE xxx THIS xxx COUNTRY xxx xxx YOU xxxKNOW xxx I'LL xxx COME xxx TO xxx YOU
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxIF xxx YOU xxx SHOULD xxx LEAVE xxx THIS xxx COUNTRY xxx xxx YOU xxxKNOW xxx I'LL xxx COME xxx TO xxx YOU
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx░░░░░ Because you always `❤》xx ( love me )

xxxJOURNAL xxxxxxx OUTFIT xxxxxxx TOWN HALL (CEREUS) xxxxxxx GARNOS
                                    User Image

Life wasn’t easy for the ex-mailman-now-secretary. He couldn’t apologize enough for what he’d done during the occupation. He’d been trying to protect Cleo and Estelle, but no matter what he said… no matter what they said… he could see it in their eyes. Maryn, Garnos, even Cleo — the dead look, where there had once been fondness… the silence, the coldness, where there had once been warmth… the home he’d finally been able to build for himself in Speranza had been ripped away, along with the life of a dear friend. Hell, he hadn’t even been able to properly mourn the mayor he’d loved as a brother due to the guilt seeded by those that he had left. Or, at least, those he had thought he had left.

It was hard to tell when the daughter he treasured more than his own life wouldn’t even look at him — let alone talk to him — anymore.

He’d thought he could somehow… ‘make it up’ wasn’t the right phrase, but he felt compelled to prove to his one-time friends that he had never stopped loving the desert village. That he wanted to help, that he wanted to make amends, that… that he was still himself, even if he’d panicked and taken the easy way out in what he perceived to be the safest route for his daughter and niece. Would things have been different if he’d been conscious when Edgar had been killed? If he’d seen, as Garnos and Cleo had? It wasn’t as if he hadn’t been beyond outraged by the soldiers — he’d wanted to take their guns, to turn on them, to ruin them just as much as the next person! But he had something to worry about that the rest didn’t. Something that the rest couldn’t even begin to understand.

How all of the resident children of Speranza had wound up under his young, inexperienced, and far from ‘best’ guardianship was a question Anthony asked himself every morning. Why him? Half the time he had no idea what he was doing and only pretending ‘okay’ for the sake of Cleo and Estelle — the other half of the time he knew he had to be doing something wrong, and the only thing stopping him from breaking down or breaking something was the knowledge that they were upstairs, or just a room over, and that they were relying on him to have a level head.

He wasn’t allowed to cry — daddies don’t cry. It’s a daddy’s job to be the strong one, so that they could cry without a worry in the world.

In all honesty, the secretary’s condition wasn’t far better than the new residing mayor’s; between Cleo’s ‘sleep walking’ and nightmares, and his own dark dreams, Anthony had been getting far less sleep than was probably healthy. His appetite had plummeted, and it was far to easy to cover the fact that he wasn’t eating with Cleo’s suddenly even more finicky behaviour. After all, what parent let their child go hungry? Obviously his meal time was better spent trying to coerce his youngest to eat at least some of her food.

He tried to distract himself with work. He watched Garnos quickly and, though every desperate plea offer to help was rapidly dismissed, had more or less grasped the majority of what the job should have entailed. With Garnos serving as an apparent medium for the wrath of the gods — who obviously had no intentions of giving the young father any relief from his guilt, be it through work or play — Anthony found himself desperate for work. He’d begun making jobs for himself, be it cleaning as if he were suddenly obsessive compulsive or reorganizing the few papers he’d been actually allowed to handle for the zillionth time. And, while he didn’t overlook Garnos’ ragged disposition, what could he possibly do? He did all that he could, sliding water or coffee onto the desk when he was sure the Mayor wasn’t aware, attempting to do at least the smallest things to ease some of his old friend’s strain. But would could he say?

The cold looks and frustrated bitterness stung at Anthony’s already wounded heart — while everybody else was able to at least begin to move on, the occupation hadn’t left Speranza for Anthony Cyr. But instead of strange faces mocking him, ordering him about, insulting the desperate resolve he had to protect his little girls — little girls ‘who had more fight than him’, it was the familiar and the treasured pushing him away, shoving him aside, making it clear he was not welcomed where he had once belonged. It was enough that, more than once, he’d considered leaving the town. Nobody had directly told him to go — no, it might’ve been easier than the almost passive aggressive displacement he was experiencing — but it was so tempting… after all, from experience he knew how easy it was.

It would be just like when he came to Speranza with little baby Cleo to escape [colonaribbr=#b76259]her (even if [colonaribbr=#b76259]she that had been the one to give him his greatest treasure). Overnight he could pack up Cleo and Estelle, and their belongings, vacate the house, and catch the next night train. He couldn’t go North, lest he run into [colonaribbr=#b76259]her, but if he went far enough South he could probably dodge the residual conflict… Hell, he could even use the ‘loyalty’ he was being ostracized now for, in case he ran into any problems… but could he do that to Cleo now, when her life had already been so badly shaken? She took comfort in the people of the town, and would it be another grave mistake to take that away from her, when he couldn’t seem to fill that hole?

The secretary sighed quietly, pushing aside the papers he’d completed what felt like forever ago. Maybe he should have just stuck to the mail route. His mind wandered far too much, and far too quickly with Garnos hogging all the work to himself. Perhaps it was only ‘natural’ that (after the initial jump and tension when he heard his friend’s boss’ head thump against the desk) Anthony found himself creeping towards the desk. He stared down, an expression of grave regret sewn into his face. Carefully he slipped off his jacket, draping it down over the other man’s back, before taking a pile of papers from the desk.

He worked quickly and efficiently and, within an hour, much of the backlog had vanished into a neat pile on the far side of Garnos’ inherited desk. Anthony seemed to lose track of himself, working away steadily and only stopping every time it seemed like the mayor might stir. The last thing he wanted was confrontation… so as time wore on the piles he grabbed grew smaller and smaller so that he could move it back with greater speed and less ‘suspicion’. Though, as a father of a young, light sleeper, he’d mastered the art of moving quickly and quietly, and did everything in his power to let the new Mayor sleep as long as possible.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♛!◟___________the secretary²

Friendly Friend

User ImageUser Image[indent]Location : Bakery (CEREUS)[indent]Company : Odette[indent]

"He doesn't usually visit down here unless there are kids around."

’A creature with a preference towards children...’ Ethne allowed her gaze to wander over to the pair of pets curled up on the couch. That explained why Ethne had not seen the dog until today, though she would not pretend to understand for a moment why it would prefer the company of noisy and handsy youngsters. There was no love lost between the ravenette and the younger generation; despite how refreshing their curious and inquisitive natures were, more often than not children proved to be more of a nuisance and detriment than an asset to Ethne and her studies.

Whenever the school teacher Theodore decided to bring his class to the library to pick out a book for the week Ethne shadowed them aggressively -- she could not trust the kids for a minute without her supervision. They had an uncanny knack of tearing, dirtying, and just generally damaging anything they touched. Books made for easy prey, and Ethne was determined to drive home into the students that the book they checked out should be handled with the utmost care. It was appalling the lack of respect they could have for scholarly articles and documents! Allowing her gaze to return to Odette, she pulled out some billfolds and coins to pay the blonde with as the baker rang up her order. Ethne’s diligent efforts to protect the town’s texts seemed fruitful so far -- all the books checked out came back in pristine condition, a relieving and comforting result, but she was not one to so easily let down her guard.

”You are fortunate that your pets are so well-behaved. It seems the only issue you would have to contend with is any customer allergic to them,” Ethne remarked as she took the proffered sandwiches, an underlying tone hinting at how impressed she was with Odette. Running an eatery with such a particular setup could not be as easy as the blonde was making it look. ”I’m sure you have a system set up for that situation as well.” As she was rather reluctant to return to the sweltering outdoors so soon, Ethne did not immediately move away from the register once the transaction was complete. The sandwich packaging crinkled in her hands as she distractedly toyed with it for a moment, seemingly at a temporary loss of words.

”Do they make for good companions? Your dog and your kitten?” she asked suddenly, nodding towards them slightly. ”I know quite a few residents in town here have horses, and while I can’t ever imagine taking care of one myself they certainly do have their practical purposes.” A strange look suddenly crossed her face, and she stared over at the two fuzzballs on the couch, tapping a finger to her chin thoughtfully as she mumbled something that sounded like ‘a dog that can cook’.

Luthien Tinvuiel

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image
                                                                    I am doomed to become ɪĐʟϵ until I am needed once again.

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

The events after were a blur. She'd talked tough and retrieved her dagger, but had made a quick exit. The graze to her side had been more jarring than she thought. During her recovery from surgery and while being monitored in the hospital, her mind had been elsewhere. Reflecting on her life. She had so desperately not wanted to lose anyone else precious. For that she needed them to stay away from her, or so she'd thought. She'd never said it was okay to leave town. The one time she'd been vague it had come back and bitten her.

By the time she reached Temperance's flower shop, her fingertips pressed against her side. It ached. She had been powerless. Too weak to even fight honestly. Stumbling inside, she cursed under her breath. A quick scan of the room revealed no Rando. Her brother was the last person she could hassle. The very last person that hadn't abandoned her. The truth of that thought stuck like a death sentence. Coupled with the weight of her limbs and the pulsating pain in her abdomen, she sat down shakily on a nearby stool.

She worn through her initial anger. Looking back, that had been Rando's intent. He knew she wouldn't pursue anything rash when she cooled down. She released her side and dug her fingers through her hair, fighting back another shriek. He too wasn't really with her. Even though she'd gotten a free pass, no one in the town really liked her, did they? Adrianne was only keeping an eye on her. The others were only at ease because the god assured no one else could die. It was no different than the unending fear and hatred she'd garnered with the mafia.

And her only lifeline? She'd wasted it. She'd burned it to save the people that so distanced themselves for her. Unlike Rando she had never had the power to rally people. Only to drive them away. For once, she was truly and utterly defeated. Warm tears rolled down her face and she pressed her forehead to her knees. Maybe it was a good thing Rando wasn't there. He'd just patronize her further. The entire time she paid Temperance no mind. She didn't have the energy to care anymore.

Voice shaky, she whispered. "Why'd I have to live?"

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Kathryn Anon

ζocation Flower Shop[Indent]
Ҁompany Temperance[Indent]
ɱood Defeated[Indent]
ϯhoughts Why?[Indent]

Devoted Lover

User Image
User Image

Xiao-Yànzi〗 〖"Swallow"〗 〖The Shapeshifter〗〖Crossing paths with: Eyra〗 〖My wanderings have led me: To my rooms in the Row House

He understood why she wanted to work with nothing in the way of her hands, but he hated to see her with any sort of thing that pained her. "Perhaps I can come up with something that will keep you from getting splinters and still allow you to work as you wish." Xiao stated thoughtfully, his mind already coming up with six or seven different ways he would be able to do such a thing. His mind quickly turned away from it though as he kissed her, and the kiss was returned in earnest. It took everything within his will power not to passionately kiss her as he wished, and to keep it light. It took everything he had to pull away from her. The last thing he wanted to do was frighten her, though from the way she had returned his kiss, he was beginning to doubt that would happen at all. Xiao smiled as he gave her her tea, his mind still lingering on the taste of her mouth and warmth of her lips. The ravenette sat down in the seat that had slid across the room to him, looking at Eyra as he hesitantly and shyly mentioned their wedding.

Xiao seemed tense and nervous, waiting for her response. The ravenette's fingers drummed on his leg, the other hand holding his tea cup steady. Dark eyes were focused solely on the woman seated across from him, and he could feel his heart pounding in his chest, harder and harder with every moment that slipped by. When Eyra finally answered, he breathed out a breath of relief he hadn't even known he'd been holding. "I doubt the traditions of your hometown could be any more odd than mine had been." He chuckled lightly, relaxed now as he leaned back into his seat. Eyra didn't mind beginning to plan their upcoming wedding. Finally, it would stop being a fantasy and become reality. Xiao was worried, however, but he made sure to never let it show. He was worried, because he was immortal. And Eyra... her life was gone so quickly, like a shooting star. So bright and brilliant and beautiful. So fleeting. But he refused to dwell on such thoughts and instead allow himself to live in the moment with her. He was pulled from her thoughts when her voice reached him, causing him to blink in surprise. "A-A week?" He stammered out, looking at her wide eyed. Would that give them enough time? Of course he could easily make whatever preparations necessary with his magic, but he did want the town to be involved. After all, this was where they were going to be settling down.

"There will be a lot of preparations to see through, but I do not mind working on them." He gave her a bright smile, his entire face lit up with excitement. Finally, he could truly call Eyra his, and vice versa. Hearing his love, Xiao focused on her once more before shaking his head. "Nothing fancy. Perhaps just a ceremony out by the lake, at night. We can bring about the stars together." He offered, giving her a small smile. "We can throw a small reception outdoors, and have the place lit with lanterns. I can ask the restaurant to cater us. As for your dress... You will be the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, no matter what you decide to wear." He smiled and leaned forward, a hand going to brush her hair back and secure it behind her ear. "You already are." His gaze flickered to her hand as she reached out, taking note of what she was doing. He immediately lifted his own hand, his index finger and thumb forming the other half of the heart. Xiao gave a laugh, before he moved to lace their fingers together and lean forward so that his forehead rested against hers. "I love you, Eyra." He stated softly, giving her a gentle smile and another swift kiss before pulling back. "I can hardly believe it. I never thought I would marry. But I suppose I was just waiting all this time for the one who held my heart."

Merlin The Mage

User Image

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Her interest piqued at the mention of his hometown. It wasn't something Xiao normally spoke of. She hadn't been daring enough to ask much either. She hesitated a moment before the question slipped out. "What was it like in your home town?" She held her tea cup with one hand on the bottom and the other on the side without the handle. She'd never understood the point of the handle. It seemed far too delicate to use, as if it would snap off if the cup was held by handle alone. Plus it was just so small. She could hardly fit two fingers through. In all of her life experiences cups with handles were supposed to be held by the full hand. Mugs were practical. They made sense. Her gaze flicked over to how Xiao held his cup. Surely it was dainty and fancy as were more of his mannerisms.

Where as his worries stemmed from her lifespan, Eyra had never given it any thought. Her greatest fear was someone opposing their marriage because she'd be the obvious pauper beside the prince. Alone she was able to revel in each of his movements, but when they were together among other people she'd be bogged down by embarrassment about how clumsy she looked in comparison. While she pondered the impending contrast, Xiao seemed thoroughly shocked at the proposition of holding the wedding in just a week.

She chuckled lightly as he breathlessly explained his plans. "That sounds amazing." She couldn't hold back a grin. "If it is that much to do though we could wait a bit more. I might o' gone and underestimated the amount of work and I wouldn't want you to be all worn out. If it's only a week I wouldn't be able to help all that much. I'm workin' on something." Removing her hand from the side of her cup briefly, she pulled her hair over her shoulder to get it off the back of her neck. It had taken a while to set in, but anticipation and mild nervousness has raised her temperature a small bit.

Xiao soon moved in and commented on her beauty in any dress. His pale fingers adjusted her hair and she could feel her face burn. Eyra wasn't used to such compliments. "I'd say you're prettier than I am." He had quickly met her extended hand to finish her half heart. The former farm girl beamed, glad he indulged her silly game. A small laugh past her lips and she felt her shoulders relax when his forehead pressed to hers. His fingers slipped between hers and she gave his hand a firm squeeze. Eyra remained intensely aware of the cup in her free hand. Even if she wished it wasn't there, she couldn't very well pretend it wasn't and spill the remaining tea all over her lap.

A solid admittance of feeling and another quick kiss and he pulled away. She stubbornly refused to let go of his hand as he continued to speak. She shivered at his confession. "I wish I coulda gone and said something that fancy. I just figured I'd get married eventually but I didn't go and give it any serious thinkin' until I met ya." She paused and let his hand go, trying to find some place to set her tea aside. Finding none, she resigned to the small defeat. "I don't really think I woudla been happy with anyone else though. Your the only one who I've ever met that loves plants as much as I do..." It felt dirty to say after she had abandoned the farm, but she was working to fix that. Sort of. She still loved the farm, but she had mixed feelings of it too.

"Ah!" Her eyes shot open wide for a moment and she resisted the urge to wave her arms excitedly. "I almost went and forgot. I mailed out a letter to my mama. I don't know if it'll get to her and all, but I figured it was probably the right thing to do since I'll be getting married and stuff." She shifted nervously. "Actually...I guess that wasn't really important right now. I just went and ruined the good mood." Eyra rested the cup in her lap and slouched forward. Her brunette locks brushed against the top of her thighs. Her hair had grown out a fair deal again. She usually trimmed it when it reached her waist but she'd forgotten all about keeping it out of the dirt as of late.

Heaving a sigh, she regretted bringing up the letter. She'd been wanting to set the tea cup aside to make herself more open, but now it fit snugly on her lap as if it belonged there anyways. "My timing is so awful." She grumbled, downing the rest of her tea and falling backwards so she was half laying on the bed, knees still bent over the side. "What were your parents like?" The people who raised an amazing magician that could call down the stars had to be pretty impressive themselves. She'd told Xiao a lot about her own parents when she went through unopened letters with him. She'd talked about how her mom was a great cook and her dad was as big as an ox since he worked so hard. Stories about her sneaking out of lessons to go work in the fields with her dad and being punished by practicing embroidery hadn't been passed over either. As much as she told him though, she could probably tell twice as many silly stories.

“- MEMORIES_CHAINED -”

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[Indent][Indent][Indent]

LOCATION / / Row House [Indent][Indent]
COMPANY / / Xiao[Indent][Indent]
MOOD / / Regretful [Indent][Indent]
THOUGHTS / / ... [Indent][Indent]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash