Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

"It would be such a shame. I do believe ye have got a hard time with those little lasses. They are quite spirited." Edgar had grown to accept something was magical about Poppet. The book and her puppets had made certain of that. He wasn't entirely sure as to what extent, but he was equally delighted to not find out. "A picnic at the lake sounds delightful Miss Poppet! So I suppose the general store would be a grand place to start. Another good choice would be to grab some sandwiches to go from the restaurant. Alas, ye are the leader of this adventure, so you must make the decisions of a captain." Edgar gave a jolly laugh. "I do imagine a grilled cheese is far superior to a hardened sea biscuit though." Rations were the only thing Edgar had always avoided as far as sea voyaging immersion went. Land food was far superior and sailors were always happy to get a good cooked meal on land. Since he as grounded his whole life, he might always lived that bit to the fullest.

"How have ye been otherwise? You whisk away me first mate a good deal and he seems all the more confident every time you do. He's a good kid though. so I don't worry about him too much." Edgar actually worried about Garnos a great deal. It was precisely the reason he was so involved. He worried if the boy was eating well and getting enough sleep. He worried about how he was fitting in. The mayor always worried about how everyone was fitting in though. As time progressed it seemed more and more like the veteran residents of town were out of the loop compared to the newer ones. The town hadn't been the happiest place when he was younger, but it troubled him that he couldn't seem to wipe away those scars.

Pushing it from his mind, he smirked. "Ye best be sure not to spill too many secrets on this here adventure lassie. I've never been quite good at keeping them. Maryn would be delighted if I never so much as spoke of her prowess with martial arts, but I can tell ye she can best many men twice her size. Likewise, ye may believe Miss Rhiannon is a sweet little lady, but she turns into a demon when you ignore her medical opinion. I keep a mental journal of all those little things." He knew a good deal about people's little quirks. Edgar usually found them out in person, but he always heard strange tales by way of stories from his little crew members. Eyra had bumbled something about Swallow flying kites and then rambled on about stars. That was one of the more unusual ones. "Personal tales may not be as interesting as some of Speranza's old legends though."

- Memories_Chained -
                                                  Heads up, all my posts are short and they suck. :c

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[Indent][Indent][Indent][Indent]

LOCATION / / Streets [Indent][Indent]
COMPANY / / Poppet [Indent][Indent]
MOOD / / Happy [Indent][Indent]
THOUGHTS / / I do not keep secrets. [Indent][Indent]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Location / / Town Hall tab tab Company / / Garnos tab tab Mood / / Indifferent tab tab Thoughts / / Is that all?

ɪ ϵɴȷɵү ϻү ȿϻạʟʟ ғʀϵϵĐɵϻȿ.

I am free to rule over the inn however I please.

⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰

He was indeed quite awkward. It was adorable in a way. Very similar to a younger Edgar. "He held many similarities to you. Edgar, after the incident with his parents, was withdrawn. He was skittish around women…understandable of course. I would have said he was in trouble at the time, but he is fine now. A guiding light. Although I believe he works much harder than he lets on. As much as I fault him for his organizational skills, he does his best in other ways." A small sigh escaped her as she took a seat in Edgar's chair once more, leaning her head back. "I suppose it would not hurt to tell you. Edgar suffered two losses within a few years of each other. The first was the murder of his parents by his father's mistress. The second was Leena's paralysis following the misunderstanding I caused. While he feels the blame does not rest on anyone, he lost the opportunity to have a relationship with her. I would very well say that is a fate worse than being rejected."

Maryn waved her hand at Garnos as if to reassure him. "All of these things were years ago, so I would not worry of it too much. They are only the incidents that fueled his fire for making Speranza a happy and conflict free place." There wasn't much else for her to say. The woman fell to silence as she turned her gaze back towards Edgar's desk. A conflict free town. It was a concept she was trampling with ever moment. Her marriage was a lie. As much as she had not a care for whether Garreth found comfort in another woman's arms, she would have to pretend to care if he were to be caught. Her mother would be displeased if she so much as caught scent of the deception Maryn was to carry out. Many parties stood to suffer from the arrangement she caused. Perhaps the worst of it was that she was lying to her oldest friend about her feelings. Despite the twisting in her stomach, her face remained expressionless.

"The principle of it all does not matter entirely." She stood and gave Garnos a slight bow. "Please let Edgar know that I changed my mind on having the ceremony outside. It can be done in the church. That alone should justify my showing up today. Should you ever find yourself in need of a warm meal or an answer to any question you may have, feel free to stop by my inn…no charge." Having the ceremony in the church would appease Marcus's misgivings. Even if he knew full well she was a fraud, he had still wished her to make her false vows there. There was no goddess to judge her for her deceit anyways. Maryn lingered a moment longer in case Garnos had anything else he wished to ask her. The only place she had to go was back to the inn anyways. Her fianceé was out of town and Ylaine had been running the brunt of the errands that were needed. There wasn't much else for her to do.

⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

I am free to leave the inn when it suits me.

вυτ ɪ ωɪʟʟ ɴϵѵϵʀ τʀυʟү вϵ ғʀϵϵ.

The musical Gerudo

User Image / / / / User Image / / / / User Image

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Maryn was clearly a sore subject. She knew she shouldn't have mentioned it. Eyra always felt stupid when she rambled. Instead of revisiting the topic, she decided to give a shot at answering his question. She didn't have to be entirely honest. "It's a huge change. E-everything grows much easier now." She rubbed her left hand with her right nervously. Was it really that bad if Marcus knew. He was supposed to be a spiritual guide of sorts. An emissary of the goddess. She could feel a bead of sweat roll down her next as she gripped the hem of her sleeve. Shutting her eyes tightly and turning her head away a bit, she pulled it up to her shoulder abruptly, revealing dark bruises along the length of her arm. "That hasn't gone very well though when it comes to my episodes. Miss Rhiannon refers to it as bouts of psychosis I think." After a moment she lowered the sleeve again, still not daring to open her eyes. There wasn't anything Marcus could probably tell her either.

Go to the doctor. Pray. She'd done both of those before. The state of the farm seemed to be the only thing that had ever had any influence. Originally she'd though that it was the stress of the crops failing that had triggered them. But with the crops flourishing better than ever things had gotten worse. She knew the trouble with the disconnect in memory she felt she had. There was something she was forgetting. She also knew that she'd come to Speranza specifically to work with a desolate landscape. Neither of those two things were so much as slightly related. "I'm probably just stressed that things are so easy. My lack of sleep might be playing a part in it." She'd stayed up late many nights thinking about if she should just go back home to her family's farm.

"Sorry, it was stupid to spring this on you." Her eyes opened once more and she frowned. The only thing she probably managed to do was cause someone to worry. "The plants are growing a lot better now. The produce is larger and they don't need as much protection from the sunlight anymore. In another season or two Lley probably won't even need my help to manage those fields anymore." She glanced at him for a moment before looking at her feet. "If the grass around the church hasn't started growing in yet I can come lay out some grass seed. It should take really well since you are so close to the lake."

Raeghne

The musical Gerudo

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[Indent][Indent][Indent]

LOCATION / / Town Plaza [Indent][Indent]
COMPANY / / Marcus (Lley) [Indent][Indent]
MOOD / / Sacred [Indent][Indent]
THOUGHTS / / I'm an idiot. [Indent][Indent]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

PV=nRT's Wife

Hygienic Loiterer

Marcus Adlai Shay
Priest

Feeling: Restless Doing: Talking With: Eyra At: Town Square Journal

User Image

Marcus was startled out of his resentful self-loathing when Eyra pushed her sleeve up off her arm. "Psychosis..." he murmured under his breath, as though the word were foreign to him. She continued to speak, answering his questions about the crops and the weather, but Marcus was stuck on the injuries she'd just exposed to him, most likely self-inflicted. He half-listened, but mostly just stared at the sleeve she'd replaced over her arm. "Episodes," she called them, but Marcus didn't really know just what that meant. Eyra had confessed to him, once, that she had been struggling. She had wanted no counseling, so Marcus had offered her none, and he had not pressed the issue further. Instead, he reminded her, eyes set on hers, that for her, to serve the Goddess was to focus on her work. Work, if done correctly, could be meditative and soothing. Furthermore, as a farmer, her work kept the town itself alive. Surely the Goddess would see the work she did for Her and repay her in kind.

Now if only Marcus believed that.

The thought of fresh grass around the church piqued Marcus's interest. Even when he was a child, all of Speranza had been a wasteland. He remembered celebrating the rare patch of something other than weeds with his brother. But that was years ago. No, it was a lifetime ago.

"Miss Eyra." Marcus very tenderly lifted the sleeve of her shirt up again and looked at her arm seriously, then turned his eyes back up to her with a frown. "None of this is my business, and I will not make it mine, either. But I will say this: When you first told me that you were struggling with such things, I did not know that this was the extent it had come to. But if Doctor King is seeing you, I am sure that she is much better capable to help than I. However..." He rolled her sleeve back down her arm as tenderly as when he had exposed it. "If you are not sleeping, I will remind you that the church is open at all hours to everyone. You are always welcome there. My job is to provide counsel to any who need it, at any time of the day. Or if you simply are in need of a place to sleep, there is always a room and a bed available."

He doubted anything he had to say was any help at all, but it still had to be said. Marcus took a deep breath and looked away from Eyra before continuing, and his voice became quiet. "When I was a boy, I spent more nights in the apartment above the church than in my own home. It is a safe place for all, and always has been."

Merlin the Mage
feckin' god awful post sorry

Friendly Friend

User Image

Garnos Sparrow

└─────────────────────┘

To say that someone has been living in a town for half a year makes it seem like they’ve been around long enough to know and understand the town’s residents fairly well, to know where they came from, and to know what they’ve been through and where they’re going. Indeed, it felt like to Garnos that he had been working in the town hall as Edgar’s right-hand man for forever now and that the older man had remained very transparent in every matter with just about everyone. Maryn, however, took that perception and promptly flipped it on its head with the kind of information she was giving him, reminding him with her carefully selected words that there’s still a lot you don’t learn about a person even in six months of working with them. Next to her, the young man felt like he knew nothing about the beloved mayor, and he wondered if he would have ever learned such sensitive information straight from the source itself. Any kind of hardship or losses dealing with family and friends were almost always kept out of the light of daily life with all intentions of (hopefully) forgetting them in the dark… or at least that’s how Garnos dealt with it, and if Edgar was anything like the young man as Maryn claimed, then the case was probably the same with him.

”All of these things were years ago, so I would not worry of it too much. They are only the incidents that fueled his fire for making Speranza a happy and conflict free place.”

Garnos nodded in understanding and smiled weakly at Maryn, but worry continued to turmoil under the surface. To the young man, if Edgar was using those experiences to inspire himself to make Speranza a better place, that most likely meant that he must be thinking about them all the time. Most people would go crazy living in such a way, wouldn’t they? Suddenly, Edgar’s strange fascination with seafaring while being the mayor of a dusty town in the middle of a continent didn’t seem so strange anymore.

”Please let Edgar know that I changed my mind on having the ceremony outside. It can be done in the church. That alone should justify my showing up today. Should you ever find yourself in need of a warm meal or an answer to any question you may have, feel free to stop by my inn… no charge.”

”Yes ma’am, and thank you ma’am.” Garnos was quiet a while, staring at his pen while Maryn began to take her leave. At that moment, all he could think was how irritated Edgar might get when he finds out that he has to scrap all his current plans and start brainstorming for a celebration indoors. When she hesitated by the door, the young man looked up again to her and held out a hand as if to stop her with sheer force of though.

”W-wait! Miss Valji…” He looked apprehensive for a moment, then stood up to project his voice better and more clearly over his desk. ”Am I supposed to know these things about Cap’n Weiss? Will… will he get mad if he finds out that I know?” If there was anything that Garnos knew too well from his experiences in his short life, it was that knowing too much could be dangerous and even harmful in a plethora of ways.

Company: Maryn
    Feeling: Tentative

Merlin the Mage

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
                                  Time erases signs of all wounds
                                      █ ████ █even those of this wasteland.
                              ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

CURRENT DAY
                                              〈 ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ 〉

6TH OF SUMMER
                                                        ⇠┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⇢

/ / Time / /

Friday
                                                            9:00 AM - 3:00 PM

/ / Weather / /

The heat is lessened by the slow rain that has moved in. The ground where it isn't paved has become muddy.

/ / Events / /

Heart Festival: The heart festival is a day for people to express their feeling to those they may view as more than friends. People often give gifts to those they are interested in or go out on dates. Parents also use this holiday to give an extra something to their young ones in way of a small present or a care package to their older children that may be living on their own.
User Image
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like if I'm too kind then you will only change your mind
Take advantage of my heart and I'll go back into the ᴅᴀʀᴋ
ʟᴏᴠᴇ will never be forever, feelings are just like the weather
January to December, do you want to be a member?

Lonely hearts club...
Do you want to be with somebody like me?

Anya sighed lighlty. Yesterday had been boring. Business had been slow. Things had been... she sighed. It had been annoying. Customers got too drunk. She was already tired of them. Anya rolled over in her bed. She had been awake for a while. She managed to swim last night. It felt much better. She felt refreshed. She wondered who she could hook into her. She wondered who would just walk up to her and hang out with her today. Today was a day to confess your friendship feelings right? Right? Maybe that creepy old man would confess something else. He had been annoying. He kept trying to talk to her. Anya remembered when he came in a few nights ago. That old man was so creepy. She shivered a bit. Maybe he had been good looking back in his day but... her mind wandered off. Anya let her mind go as she just rolled in her bed. She let her bed get messy and her pillows fall off her bed. She hadn't gotten any for a while. She was getting a little bit frustrated. Maybe she would find someone today. Maybe not. Adrian didn't seem like to type for a one night stand. Maybe this would be the night she'd give it up to Silver? Probably not.

Anya let out a groan as she rolled out of bed. It was too early to wake up. She glanced over at the clock she was given a few days ago. Too early. Nine am? Maybe swimming had given her too much of a refreshment. She knew it was too early but wasn't tired at all. She glanced over at closet and sat up. She wondered what she should wear today. Nothing? She smiled lightly. Now she'd get taken away for sure. Anya stood up and walked over to the closet. She shuffled through cloths. Too ugly. Not short enough. Not long enough. Too sexy. She pushed cloths to the left until she found a fitting outfit for the day. She brought it with her to the bathroom where she took a shower at and changed. It had to have taken an hour at least. Anya sometimes has trouble showering, especially when her tail showed up out of no where. It was often a messy process. She had to clean up after herself. Silver still didn't know. She dried her hair and brushed it. She curled it. Light make up. Everything needed to look nice today. She'd at least one friendship confession from a random stranger today. It would be nice to know her charms were still there, as well as her powers. Maybe even a different type of confession would be nice. She smiled playfully at the thought.

Anya left the bathroom and went back in her room. She put on shoes to match her outfit. She was hungry. Her stomach felt empty. She wondered if the cafe was open. Probably not. Maybe... Well she could go for a walk first. Anya wondered if she showed up at Adrian's business, would it be open? She left the bar, grabbing an extra pair of shoes and an umbrella before leaving. She glanced around, finding almost no one out. She walked down through the different districts. She walked until she came to the body of water she had swam in just the night before. It looked beautiful. Majestic. Magical. She glanced over to the side. The Zamia District. She was finally familiar with all the district names. Her eyes fell on the church. She wondered... She started to walk again.

"Hello?" Anya raised her voice as she walked into the church. Maybe no one was here? Were they closed too? She let the door behind her close. Anya slowly started to walk in more.

Raeghne

User Image
-----------------------------------------------
ᴛʜᴇᴍᴇ sᴏɴɢ - ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ - ᴏᴜᴛғɪᴛ - ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴀʟ - ʟᴏcᴀᴛɪoɴx::x ᴄʜᴜʀᴄʜ

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Marcus hadn't been helpful per se. She hadn't dared admit that she'd stop seeking treatment from the doctor. No. Instead she'd fibbed just a little. She said treatments were going find and that it'd all come around in due time. She really didn't want the priest to worry too much. They were just bruises and it wasn't as if they were horribly close. She left with a smile and returned back to her small hut, locking it and throwing herself on her bed. It was just her and the silence until the next morning.

She awoke in a great deal more pain that usual. It wasn't her arms though. She couldn't feel those. Instead, the pain emanated from her palms. Thinks seemed to move so slowly. She sat upright, wincing as she went to use her hands to adjust herself When she moved hem to cease contact with her sheets her eyes widened in horror. Left behind was a few strips of blood. Turning her palms towards her she found them cut repeatedly. Swallowing back a shrill shriek, she scanned the surrounded area for what it was she'd used to do it. Clearly she'd had another episode, worse than before. Worse than ever. On the floor by her bedside was he kitchen knife and on the wall behind it was a message written in what was likely her blood. Eyra felt her chest tighten as she read the words.

'farm'

All of her agony had something to do with the farm? Was that really it? As much as she'd dedicated to it, to farm work her whole life, that was the root of the disconnect and episodes she suffered? Her vision spun as she struggled to bandage up her hands. She stumbled across the room and grabbed the first dress she could grab hold of, slipping it on before leaving her home and the farm. Eyra didn't even bother with doing a single chore. The brunette was confused. Almost in tears. She felt somehow betrayed by her own passion. she found herself in front of Swallow's door, soaked through to the skin. Her hair stuck to her neck and shoulders. Her arms were exposed as she'd only bothered to slip on a short sleeved dress, not wanting to think over it. Leftover rain water dripped over the black and blue patches on her arms. The bandages she used had grown heavy and stuck to the still raw cuts that remained on her hands.

Ignoring the pain, she pounded her fist into the door. At first she winced and then she wailed. Her voice came out weak. "This star. It's not guiding anything. Nothing…" Her tears began to mix with the water droplets that rolled down her face from her bangs. Ever since the night Swallow had given her the pendant she'd been so much more aware of her problem. She'd become aware of the inconsistency between the strong emotions she felt during her lapses and the experiences that lay nestled in her memory. That had only made them all the more frequent. She continued to pound on the door with both fists, one at a time. The sting was near unbearable but her misery at her discovery that morning drove her on. "I can't do this anymore. I just want to go back to before. Before this started. I don't want to hurt anymore and I don't want to hate the far. DO YOU HEAR ME!?"

- Memories_Chained -

LOCATION / / Rowhouse [Indent][Indent]
COMPANY / / Swallow? [Indent][Indent]
MOOD / / Miserable [Indent][Indent]
THOUGHTS / / No more, please… [Indent][Indent]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

PV=nRT's Wife

Hygienic Loiterer

Marcus Adlai Shay
Priest

Feeling: Tentatively hopeful Doing: Talking With: Anya At: Church Journal

User Image

Rain.

It was the sound of water hitting the rooftop that awoke Marcus, and somewhat later than he was used to. He’d had no intention of sleeping in, but it seemed that the steady rainfall had kept his mind in the world of sleep.

The world really is changing, isn’t it?

He opened his bedroom window with some sense of wonder on his face. Rain was, of course, rare in the desert. And just after the lake had inexplicably appeared? Marcus had no explanation. Perhaps… perhaps sometimes weather patterns changed rapidly, rather than over time? Marcus found his fingers wrap around the windowsill as the thought passed. He felt desperately opposed to believing it but… it truly seemed he was in the middle of something miraculous. Marcus shook his head back and forth rapidly, as though he could simply shake the thought from his mind. But since the appearance of the lake, something had certainly become awakened in his consciousness, something that had been silent for years.

The priest found he had a bit more energy than usual as he dressed in his vestments, and the morning chores somehow seemed a bit less tedious than usual. Before they were completed, however, he heard someone enter in the next room. ”Who could it be, this early in the morning?” he murmured to himself, but the fact was that he was simply off his normal schedule from waking late.

”Ah, good morning, Miss Anya,” Marcus announced as he entered the sanctuary. Even Marcus could not deny it: Anya was absolutely stunning. She was positively beautiful, of course, but there was more to it than that. There was something in her eyes that was positively magnetic, an allure in her smile that seemed to scream seduction. But from the day they’d met, Marcus had known better than to fall for her charms, and it seemed to him that she almost respected him more because of it. ”What brings you out to Zamia, especially first thing in the morning? I can’t imagine you’ve had much sleep, what with tending the bar so late at night.”

Marcus absently continued his cleaning of the sanctuary even in Anya’s presence. There was always dusting and sweeping, but was that mud that Anya had managed to track in? The thought did not anger him. On the contrary, it astonished him that there had truly been enough rainfall to make it possible. That same place in his mind that had been activated when he first looked at the lake twinged inside him again, and he took a great effort to ignore it.

”Now, Miss Anya, I know you’ve only been in this town for a little while yet, but you must know that today is the Heart Festival?” Marcus had swept the dirt and dust from the room into a small pile, then swept it out the door into the rain. ”They must be lining up to confess their love to you.” The priest smiled at her, but somehow it was more playful and less flirtatious. ”Or maybe it’s you who’ll be making a confession today?”

When he was barely a teenager, before he and his parents had moved away to the city, Marcus had once confessed his love during the Heart Festival. Her name was Elisia, a girl one year younger than him. Marcus had spent all of the day before searching for cactus blooms, and had finally found a single one to give her. Stammering, he asked her to be his girlfriend. Elisa had turned bright red and ran across the entirety of the town to tell her friends. Marcus never heard the end of it.

Despite his teenage horror, Marcus now remembered the incident almost fondly. This year, there indeed was someone that he loved, but it seemed he had missed his chance. And he didn’t know if he had the words to say it, anyway.

Rainbow Comet Condoms

Devoted Lover

User Image
User Image

Xiao-Yànzi〗 〖"Swallow"〗 〖The Shapeshifter〗〖Crossing paths with: Eyra〗 〖My wanderings have led me: To my rooms in the Row House

Rain. What a blessing against the burning sands and wind that normally blew throughout Speranza. Swallow could hear it from inside his room at the Row House, laying back on the mattress and bedding that lay on the floor. He gazed up at the ceiling, listening to the sound of the soft rainfall hitting the roof before half sitting up. There was energy approaching, a mass swirling energy of confusion and pain. What on earth was it? Swallow was already up on his feet by the time the door was hammered against and he froze, reeling back in shock. That energy... it belonged to Eyra. Something had happened to her! He felt his heart drop like lead into his stomach and he immediately shook off his shock and strode forward. As she banged on it again, the ravenette swiftly pulled the door open, listening to her broken words. "Eyra..." His dark eyes were unfathomable as they swept over her form before he reached out and pulled her to him, folding her in his embrace. She was falling prey to the madness and darkness that sometimes ate away at her soul, and her mind. Releasing her, he very gently took her hands in his own, lifting them as he gazed at the bandaging. She'd harmed herself.... He pushed back his own despair. "Come, let's get you warm and cleaned." He murmured softly, guiding the brunette inside. He walked her over to his bedding and sat her down on it before moving away towards the small kitchen area in his rooms.

He remained silent as he worked, grabbing a kettle and mixing some herbs. Within moments there was a sweet and steadying aroma drifting through the room. Leaving the tea to boil, he made his way towards a very old and antique trunk, lifting the lid and rummaging through it. Finding a silk robe, he walked over to her and placed it on the bedside before gathering up a towel and drying her off gently before throwing the robe over her shoulders. He then turned his attention to her hands again. "Stay still." His voice was gentle, but the tone made it a command as he unwound the bandages to reveal the cuts that marred her skin. He had more than enough concoctions to use to help her heal, but his heart constricted at seeing the cuts and knowing that they had to cause her so much pain. Closing his eyes, he held her hands in his own and murmured under his breath. The lilting and melodical sound of his ancient language weaved through the air. Gathering energy from the earth that Eyra so dearly loved, Swallow directed it to her cuts. The wounds slowly began to heal, the skin fusing together again and closing. When he pulled away, the cuts seemed as if they were weeks old, leaving only lingering traces by form of soft silvery scars. It was not often that he used his magic in such a way. But he could not stand by and allow her to be harmed.

The sound of the kettle had swallow up and moving over to it, removing it from the stove and pouring it into a teapot. Taking the pot over, he placed it down on the low table and poured a cup of it before passing it to Eyra. "Drink. It will make you feel better and chase the demons away," he spoke to her in the same soft tone, gently pressing the cup into her newly healed hands. Settling back from her, he sat on his knees on the ground by the table, his gaze flickering over her. "As for your star... Perhaps it's showing you the truth, Eyra. And that's something that you do not wish to see." His brow was furrowed in worry and concern, his care for her showing clearly on his features. "But you can remove it if you so wish. You do not have to wear it. You do not have to keep it." He fell silent again, simply looking over her. Letting his mind shift, he entered the spirit plane, the energy plane. The silvery energy that made up the flow of Eyra's life energy was knotted and in turmoil. With work, he could fix that. But this was something that she had to do on her own. Shifting back to the physical plane, he shook his head lightly. "One can never go back, Eyra. That's something that you know, even if you despise it and wish it not to be true. There is no going back. You can only move forward." Swallow's tone was still soft as he spoke to her, his lilting accent chiming. "I don't want you to hurt, either. And I know how much the farm means to you. But perhaps you should take a break from it. You've done so much, given so much and put your life and energy into it. Perhaps you need to take some time to yourself." She wasn't going to like the suggestion, but maybe that was the best thing for her. Swallow's dark eyes flickered and he was suddenly leaning in towards her, his hand pressed softly against her cheek. His eyes seemed to show his despair and his voice when he spoke was slightly choked. "Please, Eyra... Please. I hate to see you this way..."

Merlin The Mage

User Image

User Image
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like if I'm too kind then you will only change your mind
Take advantage of my heart and I'll go back into the ᴅᴀʀᴋ
ʟᴏᴠᴇ will never be forever, feelings are just like the weather
January to December, do you want to be a member?

Lonely hearts club...
Do you want to be with somebody like me?

"Ah, good morning, Miss Anya"

Anya smiled as her eyes fell on the priest. She was about to take another step when she noticed her boots. She pulled them off of her feet and set them near the door. After all, she couldn't start to track mud in here everywhere, now could she? Marcus might get upset with her. If anything at all, she didn't want Marcus upset with her. He was a stunning man. If she didn't know he was human and was a hundred percent sure, she'd say he was siren too. It was odd for her not to seduce a man like him. She had done it before, but it seemed this one decided to go against her charms. Of course she had been away from water a few good days. Today, Anya was refreshed. Perhaps should she try? She smiled over at him gently as she made up her mind. No. She wouldn't. It would be fine. She liked the way it was. Marcus seemed... solid. She didn't want to shake him up. At least, not yet. Time will only tell...

"What brings you out to Zamia, especially first thing in the morning? I can’t imagine you’ve had much sleep, what with tending the bar so late at night."

Anya moved over to the man and managed to give him an air peck on either cheek. She smiled lightly before parting her lips to speak. "Well for some odd reason, I just woke up. I must of slept really hard last night, huh?" She giggled a little before looking around. She hadn't been here in a while. "So, for your guys, this rain is like a miracle huh? Does your religion have any special meaning for it or is it just rain?" Her eyes glanced over to her mess. "Sorry about the mud. If you give me the supplies, I can clean it."

”Now, Miss Anya, I know you’ve only been in this town for a little while yet, but you must know that today is the Heart Festival? They must be lining up to confess their love to you.... Or maybe it’s you who’ll be making a confession today?”

She glanced over at him. Heart Festival? Was that the name of the festival? The day you confess your friendship love? Wrong. As he continued to speak her ideas and thoughts got shot down. So it was for love love? She wrinkled up her nose as the word of love. She wrinkled up her nose at the thought of it. There is no such thing as love. Just an allusion. Love had done nothing to her. Love had failed her so many times in her life she started keeping count, and after living for as long as she had, Anya believed she had every right to not believe in love. However, confessions were amusing. She glanced over at him with a smile. Love or no love, it would be an amusing day. Perhaps there could still be friendship love confessions?

"Mmm. I gave up confession a lot time ago. Besides, I still have tons of time. I'm not that old you know?" Anya rocked on her feet lightly before bending over slightly just so she could look at him. She had been on his right side before hand. It was easier to see him this way. "I probably have one stranger confess to me. No one of importance. Everyone thinks it's so easy looking like this. Actually it's down right creepy when people follow you into shops." She stood up and more to his front than before. "So I hope I don't get any confessions. I won't be giving any out either." She then eyed him with a devilish smile. "But do you have someone you love? Are you going to confess today? You know, today's the day to do it if you have feelings for someone. Just because I'm weird doesn't mean you shouldn't. You never know what could happen. Plus, you're very handsome, what girl wouldt say no?"

Anya glaced over at the boots. The pitter patter of rain was getting to be a little more heavy. She frowned. What if she got wet? It would take her whole legs to get wet, or the majority of them for her fin to come out. Still... She felt nervousness creep up on her. She wanted to still seem human. People seemed to like her more then. Except Poppet. Poppet was the only one she could trust. Anya let her gaze say on the boots for a while longer. She then glanced over at Marcus with another one of her charm filled smiles. "Do you like the rain?"

Raeghne

User Image
-----------------------------------------------
ᴛʜᴇᴍᴇ sᴏɴɢ - ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ - ᴏᴜᴛғɪᴛ - ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴀʟ - ʟᴏcᴀᴛɪoɴx::x ᴄʜᴜʀᴄʜ

PV=nRT's Wife

Hygienic Loiterer

Marcus Adlai Shay
Priest

Feeling: Tentatively hopeful Doing: Talking With: Anya At: Church Journal

User Image

“This rain is like a miracle, huh?” she said. That was one way of phrasing it. “The rain, it’s…” For once, Marcus struggled to find the right words. “Speranza has been a desert for centuries, you understand. The rainfall is typically limited to a morning shower once or twice a year.” He found himself gazing out the window as he spoke, marveling in the intense grayness of the sky and the sound the drops made as they hit the ground. As for any religious meaning? He couldn’t think of any, at least not discretely. “Ah, don’t worry about the mud. I clean the entire church every morning, a little spot of dirt makes no difference, I’m sure.”

Anya denied that she had anyone special, and instead turned the conversation around to him. Love… Marcus, confess? He bit the inside of his lip and leaned himself against the back of a church pew, still holding on to his broom in one hand. Marcus briefly considered fibbing and insisting that there was no one, that his dedication was to the Goddess alone… but there was no reason to lie to Anya. Besides, he lied enough every day; there was no reason to add to his sins.

Before he could answer right away, he caught Anya’s coy smile. Did he like the rain? If nothing else, it somehow felt unnatural. He had so few memories of rain in Speranza. But one thing was for certain: there was something undeniably pacifying about the very sound of the rain, and in the weight of the air.

However, it didn’t seem that rain was what she was really curious about. “Yes, Miss Anya,” he finally admitted, after a long pause of silence between them. “There is someone that I love. But she… she is already out of my reach now, and soon will be even more so.” Marcus let go of the broom so that it fell against the pew with a clang. He could feel his insides turning just thinking about Maryn and her upcoming wedding. “Telling her that I love her would be selfish at best. No good could possibly come of it.” He had suddenly taken the conversation for a more somber turn than he had intended, so he forced himself to smile at Anya again.

“My apologies. It seems I am better at listening to others’ troubles than to speak of my own. Surely everyone has known how it feels to love someone who will never love them in return.” But what if? What if there was a chance, no matter how slight, that Maryn could still care for him the way that she had when she was younger? Was it worth risking? Or was his desire to tell her how he felt truly a selfish thing, simply a need to get his secret off of his chest?

Still, it was true: he did love Maryn, and at times almost desperately. And seeing her with Garreth the past several months had only made it painfully worse, even if she insisted the marriage itself was fraudulent.

Rainbow Comet Condoms

Risky Risk-Taker

18,825 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Cosmic Repairman 75
  • Planetary Technician 150
User Image

~ Thoughts : "What a nice, rainy day.".
                                                                    ~ Location : "Woodshop -> Tunilla District".
                                                                    ~ With Who : "Nobody".

Ignatius started his day off right. He awoke, showered, shaved and cooked a delicious breakfast for himself. A delicious breakfast of hash browns. While he ate his breakfast he was tweaking a few bits of his prosthetic leg that was laying on the open space on the table in front of him. When he finished both his meal and his leg, he put the leg on and stood gently to test it out. It seemed to be working just fine and no more annoying squeak thanks to the oil he used yesterday. "Is much better," he said to himself with a tone of pride in his voice. He cleaned up his plate and retreated to his workshop on the first floor of his house. The workshop was hidden in the back of the first floor, but it took up the majority of the room. The rest of the lower level was the front end where he had a desk and chair for when he had to take clients orders and such. He rarely sat up there when he could help it because it felt awkward to sit around and do nothing. Ignatius would much rather be working on a project with his hands even if that project was just to waste time.

However, today was Heart Day and he had been dreading it. A bit because he wondered what Anya would do if she learned about the holiday. She was awful entertained by the notion of pestering him everyday he was at the bar to the point he was wondering what was so interesting about him to warrant it. At least she could properly pour a beer without ruining it, so he didn't mind her as much as he would otherwise. So far he was at peace, but that could have been just because she didn't want to bother walking in the rain pouring outside. Ignatius didn't mind the rain so much, but he had to have an umbrella to keep his leg dry. Sure, he had waterproofed it numerous times. That didn't mean that he trusted that waterproofing to work. "Shop is closed, should probably go outside instead," he said to himself as he watched the rain from his kitchen window. He took off the apron he wore while carving and put down his tools. He figured it would be just be better to take a break from working to conserve resources. If he ran out before he got more wood in stock he was screwed.

Ignatius grabbed his umbrella and put on his old military coat that had obviously seen way better days. He left his house and opened his umbrella, looking into the cloudy sky with a small smile on his lips. He vastly enjoyed days like this. It was something he had learned to look forward to when he was still living with his family on their farm. Raining was always good for the land they had lived on. It hadn't been good enough to sustain itself otherwise and no matter how hard they had worked it just never worked out as well as they wished. At least they had sold the place. While he loved the farm when he grew up, he also knew very well how bad they had it there. The rain was just a comforting and familiar feeling now. Ignatius walked through the mud towards the Tunilla district. Why? He figured that with the festival going on most people would be hiding indoors or out searching for somebody to confess to. Not to mention who else would be walking in the rain just to enjoy the weather? "Hopefully Anya does not find me too quickly today," he said to himself as he walked. "Girl does not know when to give up with her pestering. I do not understand her fascination with my leg. Like she has not seen a limbless man before." Maybe she hadn't? She was still only in her twenties and he had no idea where she lived before moving here a few weeks ago. He wasn't entirely that much older than she was, but he had gone through a lot more than her. Ignatius was fairly sure that she hadn't gone through nearly what he did. That was a safe bet.

Ignatius arrived in Tunilla and looked around. The town was looking better all the time since his arrival because of the mayor's efforts. The man was weird. Very weird. But, Ignatius was happy with watching the town improve all the time. The place wasn't so bad that people shouldn't be jumping at the chance to live here. Sure, it was still mostly desert, but that was hiding so much potential. "Perhaps town will be more beautiful than city one day," he mused to himself as he walked along the flower boxes and kept an eye out for other people. Who knows what could happen while he walked around like this? He wasn't the most social creature in the world and yet he enjoyed observing how other people interacted.

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Eyra shut down in his embrace. The tension left her limbs and she followed along as she was guided. Her tears continued to roll steadily down her face and she trembled as she sniffed. Choking out any sort of response was out of the question. Swallow, despite her outburst, was so calm and composed. It was humiliating really. She'd been so rude too, almost ordering to take back the gift he'd given her. The magic he used to heal her hand would have left her amazed and grateful most days. His kindness only served to make her feel worse about the scene she was causing. The stinging subsided, her head managed to clear a bit more and she griped the edges of the robe and pulled it tighter around herself. Her visiting him in the state she was in had been a mistake.

Her hands squeezed around the cup he offered her and she stared into it's murky contents as she listened. The truth…a break from the farm. The thoughts swirled around in her head as her tears ran dry. All of the things he said were so unfathomable. She'd never had a break from the farm. No. That didn't settle right. Had there been a break? The year with the drought had to be it right. After everything dried up and water ran out they couldn't keep farming that year. But they started again after that. No. That didn't settle right either. Her fingers clenched the cup tighter. Her head spun and the brief sinking feeling in her stomach that had contradicted her thoughts vanished with the brief clarity she'd had. She leaned her head into his hand a bit. Swallow's palm felt cool against her skin and it distracted her from the gentle pounding of her head. Being around Swallow the past few seasons had always been a relief.

"If I could be around you always I think it would feel better."

Her grip on the cup loosened a bit again.

"But that is too selfish. You are too wonderful for me who does this to myself."

He was right though. She couldn't go back. Giving back the necklace. Leaving Speranza. None of those things would work. That resounded as true as ever. Perhaps that had been it. Her considering going back since the climate had gotten better might have been the trigger for it all. So it was because of Speranza's farm really.

"No."

That hadn't set right either. The cup slipped through her fingers.

"Not Speranza's. My family's. It's gone…"

The cup rolled around on the floor and her eyes widened. She hunched over and pressed her hands to her cheeks. Her resounding scream filled her ears. She hadn't wanted to say that. It had rolled off her tongue so well. Her stomach didn't flip. It had to be right. The entire disconnect that had caused her to suffer…The family that had caused her to suffer. Her incompetence. For a brief moment it all became so crystal clear. Then she fell back into murkiness. Her scream faded and she settled to jagged breathing. Eyra's head hurt terribly as it always did after one of her lapses.

"Sorry, sorry. I don't know why I screamed." Her hand shook as she reached fro the cup she'd dropped. "I spilled the drink too. I am a real klutz." A small chuckle escaped her before she winced once more. "You are right though, maybe I should take some time off. Maybe the lapses are from stress." Her memory of just a few moments before had faded, beaten away by the splitting headache she had to endure. "I feel bad. You look so sad and worried and I don't even know why this happens to me. I'm sorry. I jsut had one again too…I'm so glad I didn't hurt you."

- Memories_Chained -

LOCATION / / Rowhouse [Indent][Indent]
COMPANY / / Swallow [Indent][Indent]
MOOD / / Pained [Indent][Indent]
THOUGHTS / / I'm happy you are okay. [Indent][Indent]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash