1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 >

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
User Image
Banner created by EXTempo.

You have arrived at // Pokemon; Dawn of the Eclipse //

Please make yourself at home, come roleplay with us or if you're not sure, just relax in our OOC until you wish to leave or join us. We don't mind at all

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
User Image
News and Updates

February 25, 2012 Added another set of music to the front page.

February 21, 2012 I've (finally) updated the front page and the profile codes! No more Level System!

November 30, 2011 Our first member has arrived!

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
User Image

Roleplay

xxxxxxxxWelcome to the world of Pokemon; a terrible tale of tragic events. This world is inhabited far and wide by creatures called Pokemon, and I'm afraid that is part of the problem. For some people, pokemon are pets; for others they are loyal companions in battle but, more recently... to most people Pokemon are destructive monsters.

As for myself... I once followed the late Professor Oaks footsteps and studied pokemon, focusing on Pokemon Move Combinations. My name? Professor Maple. A long time ago, Pokemon and people lived together seamlessly in harmony. We sent our young children out on dangerous adventures with them, entrusting that the pokemon would always protect them but, we were wrong to do so. At some point, some kid discovered the mysterious virus named Pokerus. It seemed harmless at the time, but it was very rare. I think it was this that caused it to mutate into the fearsome Eclipse Virus which has made monsters out of our friends.

...Now people know pokemon to be fearsome creatures and in small communities, they even look upon Trainers as harbingers of evil. No one is certain how to combat this new threat... but some trainers still feel they must do something.

Welcome to the world of Pokemon; your very own pokemon legend is about to unfold! And with a little luck, a world of dreams and adventures might just be awaiting around the bend.

User Image

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
User Image
The Rules

• Make sure you Read everything on the first page.
            • Respect everyone; I will not tolerate disrespect of any kind.
            • No Godmodding.
            • Everyone starts as a rookie. If you wish to begin as a seasoned trainer, you have to take it up with the OOC -- Not me.
            • Groups of characters three or more should have some sort of posting order to keep interactions smooth and slick. Trust me, it will reduce confusion.
            • Eclipse Pokemon do not level.
            • PM titled 'Farewell Professor Oak' is necessary for admission.

See? That wasn't so painful, was it?

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
User Image
Profiles

[list][list][list][list][list][list][img]http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt13/LMAOlizz/profileskellie.png[/img][list][list][size=6][b]"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment."[/b][/list][/list][/size]
      [b][size=18]╔══════════════════════════════════════════════╗[/size][/b]
      [list][list][size=14]Please, fill out the form below with your information.[/size][/list][size=18]... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... [/size]
      [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=10][color=color3]»[/color][color=white]---[/color] [b][Name][/b]
      [color=color3]»[/color][color=white]---[/color] [b][Age][/b]
      [color=color3]»[/color][color=white]---[/color] [b][Gender][/b]
      [color=color3]»[/color][color=white]---[/color] [b][Hometown][/b]
      [color=color3]»[/color][color=white]---[/color] [b][Occupation][/b]

[/list][/list][/list][/list]
      [/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
      [list][list][list][list][list]
      [color=color5]»[/color][color=white]---[/color] [b]Character faults
      [/b][list][list]
      ◈ At least
      ◈ Three
      ◈ Faults
      [/list]
      [/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]
      [list][list][list][list][list][b][size=18]╚══════════════════════════════════════════════╝[/size][/b]
      [list][list][size=6][b]"When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find it comes off in his hand,
      and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."[/b][/size][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

[list][list][list][list][list][list][list][size=14]Good, now please; tell us more about yourself.[/size][/list][size=18]... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... [/size]
      [size=10][color=color5]»[/color][color=white]---[/color] [b]Personality[/b]
      [list][list]
      ◈ Tell us about yourself
      [/list][/list]
      [color=color5]»[/color][color=white]---[/color] [b]History[/b]
      [list][list]
      ◈ Tell us your story
      [/list][/list]

[list][list][list][list][list][img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/kioura/PokemonRPPokemon.jpg[/img]
      [size=15][u][b]Species // Nickname[/b][/u][size]

[size=10][u][Ability][/u]
      [size=10][u][Viral? Maple, Eclipse or None][/u]
      [size=12][color=blue]♂[/color][/size]/[size=12][color=red]♀[/color][/size]?

[*] A short blurb about your pokemon.

『 Pokemon's Move 』[/list]
      [/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
User Image
The Journey

To begin your journey, you will fill out the profile skeleton listed above in a test thread. During which you will select the pokemon you wish to start with. There are a few restrictions on this however; you may not select a Starter Pokemon, a Legendary Pokemon or an Evolved pokemon. You will select an unevolved pokemon and it will start with all it's moves up to level five + two egg moves. If you are unsure of what these moves are, both Serebii.net and Bulbapedia both have this information at quite an easy access. Of course, there are always going to be exceptions. If you wish to have several pokemon instead of one, or play a salted trainer with experience, do not come to me asking about it. Ask the OOC. I will pay attention to their decision on that matter.

Learning Moves
              Learning moves is a simple yet challenging endeavor. You will be learning additional moves by consulting other trainers. Trainers can teach any move they have perfected. Here's an example. Lucca's Charmander knows Scratch and Growl. On his journey, he meets a trainer with a Magmar whom, among other techniques, knows the move Flame Thrower. Lucca can then spend some time with the willing Magmar trainer in order to learn Flame Thrower through trial an error. On an alternative path, if Lucca merely sees Flame Thrower he can attempt to teach it to his Charmander but this will be reasonably longer than having a trainer give him specific pointers. In good turn, Lucca could coach the same Magmar trainer in how to use either Scratch or Growl if the Magmar doesn't know how.

If you have access to a figure like Professor Maple, you are fortunate. Trainers like him tend to know many moves.

Move learning isn't limited to how Serebii lists them. If you can conceive, within reason, a way for your pokemon to Eggsecute (/shot) the move, than it can eventually learn it.

Evolution
              Most of you will be starting with young, unevolved Pokemon. One of the core addicting qualities of Pokemon is to allow them to become stronger and change form accordingly. When you wish to evolve a Pokemon, PM me with a notice and why and how. If it's a valid enough reason, I will allow you to evolve your Pokemon to the next stage. I however reserve the right to deny an evolution as well. Evolutions are important events and should be treated as such. Interesting and provocative Evolutions occur when; The Pokemon has shifted it's way of thinking to a more mature state, The Pokemon NEEDS to evolve to protect itself or the things it cares about, A conflict has been resolved, and many many more.

Catching New Pokemon
              To catch a new Pokemon, you need simply have pokeballs which can be obtained various ways depending on the circumstances of the role-play. To encounter the Pokemon, make sure the Pokemon would logically occur in that area and take into account both the game and whether or not it would 'feel right' to have it occur there. Check with me to see if it's acceptable and then feel free to ask me or any other roleplayer to set up a bit where the Pokemon appears.

So you've caught a new pokemon, right? Awesome, but how do you know what moves it has? Well, if you've caught a basic pokemon, that is one that has not evolved or is a baby pokemon, than you can apply the first move it learns as well as two egg moves. If it is evolved, you can pick two moves for each time it evolved. So Ryhorn would get it's first move, plus two moves of your selection from the Egg moves list (as seen on Serebii.net). Rhydon would know two moves from it's Rhyhorn form (of your selection below it's evolutionary level) as well as two moves from it's current form as a Rhydon and finally; Rhyperior would gain two moves from Rhyhorn, two moves from Rhydon and two moves from it's Rhyperior form.

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Banners

User Image
                      [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/series-related-miscellaneous-role-play/pokemon-dawn-of-the-eclipse-a-lit-pokemon-rp-accepting/t.76223445_1/][img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/kioura/DOTEBanner-1-1.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/series-related-miscellaneous-role-play/pokemon-dawn-of-the-eclipse-a-lit-pokemon-rp-accepting/t.76223445/][IMG]http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp298/Kyoya_Otori/PokeBanner.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved

__ Until Further Notice! __

Aged Genius

8,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200