Total Votes:[ 28 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Aged Loiterer

6,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Pokémon: Downfall Of Serenity

It all happened in a moment of notice when Team Rocket seized control over a portion of the Kanto region. It had been calm times for the past few years, maybe even a decade of two, as a result, a thriving economy came into being. Everyone went about their usual business as the world let itself sink into the habituation of serenity. Apart from the occasional burglar or biker hindrance, the officers had little to do and grew accustomed to the peace just like any other person did.

During these times, however, a promising recruit had arisen through the ranks of Team Rocket and claimed the position of leader as his own. Due to his developed ability to manipulate people and his very good sense of 'business' he had been able to slowly but surely corrupt a multitude of positions of power; ranging from the local officer to the mayor of a city. Some even whisper that a part of the Pokémon League had succumbed to the offers of the devious leader.
In a time where money equals influence, increasingly larger parts of the worldwide community start to give in to the temptations of rich promises. Saffron City had been the first to fall from grace, having offered Silph Co. as the main base of operations in trade for a promising business contract. Not too long after, Team Rocket's influence crept towards Cerulean City and Celadon City, corrupting official for official. Not just the officials gave in to the corruption, some corporations, the local Mart, even some gyms, leaders included, are rumored to have abandoned their sense of dignity.

Chaos rules within those places where Team Rocket holds the power. Children and their Pokémon are no longer safe on the streets and have been rumored to be taken by people donning black suits, their well-being as well as their ending unknown. Wild Pokémon are everything but save either, and are as such decreasingly seen around the cities. Normally, of course, this wouldn't be tolerated. But as a result of the current situation the officials turn a blind eye towards these events; afraid of losing their wealth gained due to the contracts and possible other things. Even the (possibly still uncorrupted) officials of other cities and regions aren't making an attempt to help, either underestimating (or unaware) of the threat, or pretending as if it isn't present at all.

Despite all of this, in all times as dark as these exists a beacon of light. There are still those who dare to oppose the growing threat of Team Rocket, uncaring about their false promises of riches and success. Trainers, gym leaders and others from differing regions have come to Kanto in an attempt to drive Team Rocket back to where they came from. Whether they succeed in their attempt or succumb to the darkness, just like the vast majority of the population, will soon be decided.

Aged Loiterer

6,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Rules section

- Link to the OoC thread; used for derping, asking questions, discussing events/plot, storage for characters.

- Follow the Gaia ToS.

- You may have as many characters as you want until either I close recruitment or notice one of your characters is left in Limbo.

- A maximum of 6 Pokémon may be carried at a time.

- I do not want to put a limit on the amount of moves a Pokémon has, but don’t go overboard. Personally, I think 6 is a good amount.

- Romance 'n violence allowed/encouraged, but keep it PG-13

- NO legendaries, see no legends, hear no legends, do no legends; 'cept when I bring them into play.

- You can have a maximum of 1 shiny Pokémon per character.

- No godmodding, flaming, powerplaying, cybering etc.

- This is a semi-literate rp. With this I mean that I expect you to write at understandable English, and at least 7 sentences, this may be bumped up once I know everyone's limits.

- Drink milk, seriously, it’s delicious.

- When making a post, I want you to use the past tense and describe your actions/doing instead of *opens door*

- If you’re going to be absent or want to leave for a while, I’d like to be notified.

- If you’re inactive for more than a week and haven’t notified me, I’ll remove your characters from the rp. You’ll have to send in your form(s) again if you’d like to continue.

- NO, I repeat; NO meta-gaming. Seriously. I'll tell you what I mean by meta-gaming in a sec.

- No controlling another person’s character without their permission.

- No killing someone else’s character or Pokémon without permission.

- PM me the profiles if you want to get accepted, no password needed, I assume you read the rules. If you didn't then you'll probably face some consequences sooner or later.

- I reserve the right to change, add, or remove rules as I see fit.

More on meta-gaming. Meta-gaming is what I call 'using OoC knowledge IC. With this I mean you let your character use or be aware of knowledge -you- (as person) know. For example; guy A has made a Team Rocket character and is herping around, doing nothing villainous or whatever. Guy B (having never met, heard or whatever of guy B’s character before) is passing by and is like; "ermehgerhd, Team Rocket!", "I'm getting bad vibes from him", or "I don't trust him even though he hasn't done anything to wrong me". I'm sure you can come up with some examples yourself. Point is; this is really, REALLY fudging annoying. As such: don't do it. Simple as that. This doesn't mean you can't have a first impression or some -gained- legitimate knowledge though, but make it so that it actually makes sense, not based on someone else's character (of which your character doesn't know crap about). If I notice you're meta-gaming... I know where you live.. Apart from that, I can be a very nice guy.

Aged Loiterer

6,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Character Form: You’ll be allowed to play as a trainer, Team Rocket member (grunt, executive, admin, but not the Team Rocket leader), gym leader, or anything along those lines. So if you want to be an researcher or some special strike force member of Team Rocket, that’s fine by me.

Username:
Character Name:
Age: (no younger than 16 for trainer, 20 for gym leader/ Team Rocket admin/executive)
Background: (make it as abstract or detailed as you want, but make sure it contains something)
Appearance: (description or picture)
Pokémon in possession: (max 6, include name, nickname (if it has one), gender)

Aged Loiterer

6,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
~ This post will provide you with some miscellaneous information on varying subjects. These are not of major importance, but meant for the ‘little things’. I may add more things later on.

Small notes on the map: The radio tower actually still is the Pokémon Tower. Cinnabar Island is pre-eruption, so it's still some sort of beach resort. Bill's House is non-existent in this rp, but the cape itself is still there.~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

“Every trainer who has registered him/herself as an official trainer at the Pokémon League will have been provided with the latest Pokégear model which includes just about everything a trainer will need. Its features are (among others): an inbuilt Pokédex, a watch, updates on the current weather, the current date and time, information about upcoming League Championships, a map of Kanto, a calling function (possibility to add other trainers with a Pokégear as a contact/friend included), a banking system, furthermore, you will receive the latest issue of the Kanto Times the moment it is released. There’s even a radio card inserted in each Pokégear, so tune in and listen to your favourite show!

Important note: do not lose your Pokégear as it contains your own individual Trainer Code, which is required for you to enter the League Championships (next to possessing the 8 badges of the corresponding region), your name, picture, age, date of issue and date of expiration.”

Weather:
Route 1: Cloudy
Route 2: Moderate Rain
Route 3: Clear
Route 4: Clear
Route 5: Clear
Route 6: Clear
Route 7: Clear
Route 8: Cloudy
Route 9: Light Snow
Route 10: Light Snow
Route 11: Moderate Rain
Route 12: Moderate Rain
Route 13: Light Rain
Route 14: Light Rain
Route 15: Cloudy
Route 16: Cloudy
Route 17: Windy
Route 18: Windy
Route 19: Moderate Rain
Route 20: Light Rain
Route 21: Light Rain
Route 22: Cloudy
Route 23: Clear
Route 24: Light Rain
Route 25: Light Rain
Route 26: Moderate Rain
Route 27: Heavy Rain
Route 28: Heavy Rain

Pallet Town: Cloudy
Viridian City: Light Rain
Pewter City: Clear
Cerulean City: Cloudy
Saffron City: Clear
Vermillion City: Light Rain
Celadon City: Cloudy
Lavender Town: Light Snow
Fuchsia City: Light Rain
Cinnabar Island: Clear

Viridian Forest: Heavy Rain
Mt. Moon: Clear
Pokémon Tower: Clear
Seafoam Islands: Moderate Rain
Mt. Silver: Heavy Rain

Temperature: 3 degrees celcius

Aged Loiterer

6,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Pokémon League Championship

“There currently is no information available on the upcoming League Championships. We’ll keep you up to date when more is known.”

Aged Loiterer

6,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
~This post will keep you up to date with the latest articles of interest from the Kanto Times, all the issues are sent to your Pokégear and can be checked at any time.~

Kanto Times: Issue 32, 02-01-13

Wriggling Weedle ‘n friends
Everyone here in Kanto knows how the weather here has been, and with that, how awful it is. But not everything in this world seems affected in a negative way by this semi-constant rain. In Viridian Forest, for example, it is teeming with Bug Pokémon at this very moment. In order to clarify a thing or two about the situation, I’ve approached a self-claimed expert on the subject of Bug Pokémon, Wade the Bug Maniac. So Wade, how come that with this weather the Bug Pokémon are actually becoming active around this season? I asked of him. “Well, as everyone knows, Viridian Forest is filled with gorgeous Bug Pokémon, and as such the perfect place for a new trainer to train their Fire Pokémon. My guess is that due to the somewhat larger amount of Fire Pokémon spouting their flames around here, the Bug Pokémon become active again due to the increase in temperature, thereby melting the snow and increasing moisture.” There you have it folks, whether this information is true or not, one thing is certain; for those of you who are looking for a particular Bug Pokémon should take a look in Viridian Forest. You’ll be sure to find the one you’re looking for! Especially if that happens to be a Weedle..

Written by yours truly,
Carole Morreaux

Aged Loiterer

6,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Recruitment status: Recruiting

Aged Loiterer

6,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
RP Open 'nd accepting, feel free to post and stuff.

Aged Loiterer

6,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
*Reserved*

Aged Loiterer

6,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
*Reserved*

Aged Loiterer

6,800 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Carole Dominique Laetitia Morreaux

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Hey, what's happening there..?" small groups of people had gathered in a wide circle around some kind of event. In the middle of it all, two figures stood in the center of attention; a rather attractive young woman, and a younger boy, apparently a trainer. Between the two of them was another pair of figures, dancing around the plaza in a wide field as each was commanded by its respective trainer. Stating the obvious; a Pokémon battle was fought out by a duo at a plaza in Celadon City.

Both Pokémon were of canine build, and seemingly evenly match. There was one which had a shiny grey fur, with equally well-groomed manes and glinstering scarlet eyes. The other of slightly larger and stronger build, and pretty blonde manes which accompanied it's black-striped orange fur. Even though a Mightyena was normally outclassed by the stronger Arcanine, this one managed to hold its ground very well, it was evident that this Mightyena had been trained very well.

The Arcanine had neatly dodged an incoming Return attack from the wolf-like Pokémon before it was commanded to retaliate with one of its own tricks. In a mere fraction of a second, the Arcanine blinked from sight, and to re-appeared somewhere in the same amount of time, only to repeat its course of action in hope of confusing its foe. "Nadia, make sure to dodge that attack by using Double Team." a warm voice called out to the Mightyena, which obeyed exactly as ordered and created about a dozen of copies of itself.

Even though it didn't take her opponent that long to dispatch the copies, it had bought the duo enough time to be able to anticipate where the actual attack would come from. A command had sounded to make a leftward leap to dodge the incoming charge. As fur bristled against fur and the Pokémon exchanged a few hairs with each other, Nadia landed on all fours, lowered its body and gave a deep, threatening growl. Thereby revealing two rows wickedly pointed fangs before she rose her head and let out a chilling howl.

"Good gírl, Nadia. Let's show them a Shadow Ball, shall we..?" Carole smirked, she was obviously liking this battle. The Mightyena lowered her head until it almost reached the ground and let out a few low growls followed by some small orb of dark looking energy materializing from the Pokémons mouth. The moment the orb had gained enough energy, Nadia raised her head into the sky and blasted the Shadow Ball in the direction of her opponent. This boy showed some potential, even during the interview itself had he given some interesting answers to her questions. Not only that, it appeared that he could battle as well.

Place to be: Celadon City
Company: Nathan
What's in the bag: Some brushes and other stuff for grooming, cash, two Pokéballs
Sandova

"So, we have a deal then?"

The other man nodded.

"You'll guard my warehouse from outside influences and I'll pay you in the morning."

Sandova smile was hidden behind his mask, so he chuckled for good measure.

"No worries my friend, I'll make sure no one else enters your warehouse tonight. You have some powerful enemies Mr.Jameson"

Jameson nodded again and left Sandova to his silent vigil, not believing his luck for finding such a cheap nightwatch. Team Rocket wouldn't dare send powerful troops to handle something trivial as a store owner not paying his dues, and no grunt would get past Asphyxious.

Sandova waited until he was sure Jameson had left before calling Night over.

"Have you located the goods?"

The haunter nodded and smiled.

"Heh, good job. I'll treat you later ok?"

Night nodded hapliy before Sandova handed a pakage to him.

"Place this behind them, Jameson will soon regret not paying his rightful dues. A contract is a contract after all."

As the Haunter left Sandova Got his other Pokemon out.

"Ninja and Sting, you'll guard the west side, Bane takes north and Cyra takes east. Ill stay at the entrance and wait for Night to return. I'll follow the contract to the letter, no outside source will bring harm to Jameson's precious Pokedolls. A shame that hired guards are no outside force."
~
The next morning Jameson inspected his warehouse and found nothing wrong with it, so Sandova could leave with his pockets full.

"Now where could that creepy old coot be? Meh, I'm sure he'll find me when Jameson decides to pay his dues after all."

Sandova had already put the mask away when the sound of an explosion reverberated through the streets of Saffron City.

"Heh, I love my job."

Geo780's Waifu

Shy Friend

32,425 Points
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Married 100
◇ ❖ ◇Mai Ibu◇ ❖ ◇

User Image
◇ ❖ ◇
User Image User Image User Image User Image
◇ ❖ ◇

"Oooh man I thought I'd never get off that boat..." Mai groaned, leaning over a trashcan, her face slightly green, just behind her was the S.S. Aqua that had just transported her from Olivine City in Johto to Vermillion City in Kanto, "I thought it was bad enough that the current was choppy but all those trainers coming into my room to challenge me to pokemon battles...i find it amazing I was even able to sleep..."
"Lady is that a plushie or a real pokemon?" a small voice asked and Mai straightened up staring at an amazed father and daughter as she tightened her grip on a silver furred Eevee held protectively in her arms and Mai nodded slowly, "Wow! Daddy! I want a pokemon like that!" the girl cried tugging her father's sleeve as he smiled down at her.
"Of course, daddy will go find you a shiny Eevee as soon as possible." he said but the girl shook her head.
"No! I want that one! I want the one she has!" she shrieked as he sighed and turned to her.
"How much are you willing to sell that for?" he asked.
"I'm sorry but I've had Keii-chan since she was an egg. She is not for sale." she said slightly insulted as the girl shrieked.
"But I want it!!!" and her father pulled ot a pokeball.
"I'm sorry but I will not take no for an answer! I choose you! Nidoking!" he yelled releasing his pokemon as Mai frowned and began to think to herself, thinking back to her studies.
'Nidoking...a ground poison type...known as the Drill Pokemon...' she thought eyeing the pokemon itself warily as she began to tap the pokeballs attached to her belt lightly, 'Who should I choose...because its a ground type...electric pokemon will have no effect on it...fire will damage it but there is one pokemon that can take it out!' she thought grinning as she drew her own pokeball, 'This guy messed with the wrong girl!'
"Come on out Mii-chan!" she shouted releasing her own pokemon, a Vaporeon, "This match is as good as mine!"

◇ ❖ ◇
Where am I: Vermillion City Harbor
Who am I with: no one
What am I holding: Keii-chan and my backpack
◇ ❖ ◇

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items