Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Conversationalist

9,300 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Silent words from a bleeding mouth, swallows pride with a swollen tongue. Everything is nothing, life in a shallow grave."

"I'mf forry I'mf lafe!" Haruto said, barging in through the front door of the Kendo Club room, only to find that nobody but Mura was there. Where was their captain, anyway? Was Haruto doomed to be the one in charge for the rest of the club's existence? In retrospect, that may be longer than he had time on this Earth...

Haruto removed the unopened bag of chips from his mouth and quickly opened it, scarfing it down as fast as possible. "Oh, mafn. Phoood atf laft!" Haruto blurted, swallowing heaps of chips before speaking again, a huge grin splattered across his face. "Man, I had so much to do this morning, I had to wake up early to get it done! Didn't even have time for breakfast!" He said, shaking the bag of chips in front of Mura. Something gave him a rush of energy and the need to do as many things as possible before school started. And given how early he woke up, it gave him the opportunity o do so without waiting in line or pushing through too may people in public. Of course, one of those things was dealing with the burn on his face from the tea on the day he threw Momoko in the mirror... Most of it was gone, now, but his face was still decidedly redder than it had been previously, and it didn't seem to be because of cold weather. "... Something on your mind? Haruto asked, approaching Mura while tossing chips into his mouth. "Huh. You look as if you're seen a ghost or something. What's up?" Haruto hadn't once considered that the mirror thing might have become a rumor at this point and spread around the school, nor did he realize that Mura may have actually attempted to give the foggy mirror rumor a shot.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Too ashamed to feel joy, life collecting dust. No more shame no more pity, no more... They rise from the ashes!"
User Image
Haruto ran into the Kendo Club Room!
Haruto greeted Mura.
Haruto asked Mura what was wrong.

Vicious Rogue

3,825 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
User Image

Mood: "Sounds crazy right...?"

((Song of the Moment: Troubled))

═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

User Image

Mura nearly jumped out of his skin, when Haruto made his entrance. However upon realizing it was his friend, the red eyed young man took a breath of relief and continued to reflect on last night. That ghost...was it familiar? He had noticed Haruto's face seemed a little redder than usual but didn't pay that detail any mind. Mura couldn't help but chuckle at Haruto's deduction because...well he was right. "Y-yeah...something like that" Mura chuckled nervously. How would he explain this to his friend without sounding like a crazy person? But it's what he saw, those yellow eyes even now still piercing him with that empty stare. "I...I'll be honest ok? I saw something last night" he said in a hushed whisper as if the ghost were outside listening in.

"There is a rumor going around the school that if you look in the mirror late at night it would fog over and you'd see the face of a ghost." He began his explanation and stopped for a moment taking a breath to calm himself. "I didn't think much of it, so I figured I'd just try it...it worked" he stated plainly fidgeting with his hands. "And now I can't get what I saw out of my head" he muttered as an after thought. "The mirror fogged over just like the rumors and I saw...this girl with yellow eyes. Her stare...I won't ever forget that. It felt...empty almost" he said running his fingers through his hair to clam his nerves. "Then just like that it was gone. I don't know what it means but as you can see it's all I could think about today" Mura concluded and waited to be ridiculed by his friend for being ridiculous.

Timid Conversationalist

9,300 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
SEE --- NO --- EVIL

JΘHN DΘE

User Image
User Image
↪But you can call me Joe.

Speaking with: Yoshi

Carrying: Cane, Dog Whistle, Energy Drink x 3, Medicinal Plaster x 2, Candles x 5, Salt

Health: ██████████ 100%

Time seemed to pass slowly as Joe started to descend toward the abyss. Even though he couldn’t see it, somehow he could tell that the fall below him was infinite. As if the air pushing up from the ground was some sort of indicator of the vastness of the bottomless pit. Just when Joe thought it was the end, he found himself being pulled back onto solid ground. “Woah!” Joe grunted, falling backward and landing on top of Yoshi, though not quite aware of it first because of the shock he had just gone through. He hyperventilated. Yoshi was right, Ojo’s life would have been in far more danger here than it would out there. If that wasn’t proof enough, nothing would be.

Sorry, but do you mind getting off?

Hm? Eep! *Ahem!* Ugh, g-golem-asai! He said, rapidly getting back to his feet, extending a hand to help up his savior. “I, uh… I’ll try to, um… I’ll try to b-be more careful.” He promised as he pulled Yoshi back up. As if it wasn’t embarrassing enough for him to almost kill himself in the first five minutes they were here, he also found himself falling on top of Yoshi. On a bed of flowers. All that was missing was string music and the mood would all be set for something a tad different than rescuing Momoko. Well, they had music, but the sound of trumpets didn’t quite bring out the mood. Good thing, too, in more ways than one; the trumpet music could probably be an indicator for where Momoko was.”Y-Yoshi-senpai, do you hear crumpets?” He asked, wanting to say “trumpets” but missing it by that much. He started to turn and walk toward the sound of trumpets, taking even smaller steps and bringing his cane even further downward to ensure that he doesn’t lose his footing again. “.. I think Momoko-dono… I mean, -senpai, I mean… -san, um… I think she’s this way.” He said, pointing his cane to the sound of the trumpets. But how were they going to get there? Was there even an solid ground leading that way? Maybe if they got the Shadow’s attention somehow...

Yoshi rescues Joe!
Joe falls over Yoshi!
Joe apologizes.
Joe hears the sound of trumpets.
Joe suggests heading towards them to find Momoko.

Close your Eyes
Visualize
As your Mind Spies
Through this World's Disguise

Schizune Weaver

Timid Conversationalist

9,300 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Silent words from a bleeding mouth, swallows pride with a swollen tongue. Everything is nothing, life in a shallow grave."

"Yeah, something like that."

Haruto rose a brow. Does this mean he actually had an encounter with a ghost?

"I... 'll be honest, okay? I saw something last night."

Haruto had to wonder how serious the things he saw must have been to force him to resort to whispering instead of just telling him outright in the empty kendo dojo. He narrowed his eyes, leaning in to hear him better, all the while still taking a bite out of the potato chips, the obnoxious sound of the chips crackling and crunching echoing through the room. Haruto seemed to ruin what was otherwise the perfect mood for a ghost story, but he couldn't help it; he was starving.

Mura told him about a rumor when looking into a foggy mirror through a fog and seeing the face of a ghost. Haruto wasn't originally aware of this rumor, but it didn't even take him a second to put two and two together. This was Seraphim's doing. No... it was Haruto's doing. The girl with the eerily yellow eyes sounds so similar to the time he fell into the Seraphim mirrors and encountered his own shadow self. It was a short-lived encounter, as by the end of it, Haruto had found himself already accepting that he was in denial over what had transpired earlier for him. The girl and the yellow eyes could only be Momoko. His eyes narrowed more, as if in thought.

"Pfft."

Haruto's face tensed, his lips quivering as if trying to hold something in. All of a sudden, he burst into roaring laughter.

"Pffffhahahahaha!" He said, dropping the back of chips and wrapping his arms around his sides, as if to hold his sides in for fear of them falling out from his laughing fit. "Haaaaa... Aw, come on, Mura. This kinda stuff happens on TV all the time!" Haruto said, still chuckling madly as he wiped a tear from his eye. When he finally calmed down, he took a deep breath. "You said it was late at night, right? I mean, after a certain point your mind starts to play tricks on you. Like when I'm cramming for a test I never studied for. I'm pretty sure there's no 'ghost,' just your imagination. I mean, you were looking at that mirror seeing exactly what you expected to see after all, am I right?" He reassured, though he was lying through his teeth. "And what you expected to see was a ghost, so... there you go." He shrugged, walking up to Mura and patting him on the back. "Hey, if push comes to shove and the ghost starts haunting you, you could always go to the Occult Club and ask them to exorcise it for ya. Although, I think they'd expect your soul in return..." He joked, pretending to be in thought as he put his hand up to his chin and snickering, before his snickering abruptly stopped."Wait a minute... I wonder if they actually do take souls?" It never occurred to Haruto that he had no idea what the Occult Club actually does.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Too ashamed to feel joy, life collecting dust. No more shame no more pity, no more... They rise from the ashes!"
User Image
Haruto listens intently to Mura's story.
Haruto bursts into laughter!
Haruto explains to Mura that it was probably just his imagination.

Playful Trader

User Image
User Image Location: Rockband Club Room
Company: Shima
Theme: Sis Puella Magica

Mila frowned again as Shima took a moment to try and explain himself and also answer her question about how long he had been here as well. "Don't you like talking to people?" she asked him. The blonde seemed unsure that she was understanding him, he was talking about things she didn't entirely wrap her head around. She might not have the opportunity often but Mila always liked to talk to people, at least people besides her family anyway, it was hard to enjoy being yelled at. Why Shima wouldn't want to talk to people or help them, or why he wouldn't want anyone to think that he wanted to do those things eluded her. She always thought that if you could help someone you should, it was the right thing to do, not that she was often on the receiving end of that, but she always wanted to help someone if she was able, and since she had started coming to school here quite a few people had helped her too. While she might not always be the most conversational and could sit comfortably in quiet with someone else she also didn't understand not wanting to socialize. Was he shy? He didn't really seem like it. He was helping her, but he didn't want her to say anything about it. All in all Shima was making no more sense to her now than he had been before but she didn't understand a lot of things it seemed, so that was probably no surprise. As they walked on she didn't pester him any further with her confusion on the matter, but his question caught her off guard and she turned her blue eyes on him, wide and startled. "A-ah.. I... I don't really want to talk about that...I'm sorry." she told him as she looked away at the floor. The look on her face seemed almost ashamed. She wasn't doing the best in her classes here, the home schooling her mother had allowed her was quite behind as it turned out, she didn't know a lot of things that everyone else around her seemed to grasp effortlessly. She was starting to struggle as the classes progressed and she didn't have a very good way to study on her own, it was too easy to get distracted and she couldn't use anything but what books the school had lent her to look anything up.

Beyond all of that was the inner conflict of either believing that she really was as stupid as her mother claimed, or accusing her mother in her own mind of being so cruel as to limit her previous education so much and leave her so unprepared for attending school here. Did her mother really think she was so dumb? Was she? She didn't know what she should believe, it was hard for her to think badly of her family as much as she often wanted to, she didn't want to be a disrespectful ingrate as she was often accused of being. Surely they did their best and it was really her at fault... She shook her head and looked back up at Shima as he stopped at the club room, almost walking into him at the doorway. "Oh! I'm sorry." she took a shuffling step back so that she wasn't crowding him in and glanced into the room past him. Indeed it seemed they had missed Yoshi as she wasn't there, watching the young man as he moved to take a seat and rub at his leg she stepped into the room with some small hesitation as though wondering if she was allowed. As he gaze swept over the room slowly she marveled at all of the equipment and instruments lain about and was so distracted that hearing Shima again made her jump a little. "I guess so," she said softly as she looked towards him. "I mean, I don't get to really listen to very much." she confessed, looking a little embarrassed about that. She knew most people listened to music quite a lot, so she was again the odd one out on that. She considered mentioning her secret love of music boxes but glanced off as she decided against it, that was her secret little dream, she wasn't sure she wanted to share such nonsense with anyone. "Sometimes my brother and sister play music in their rooms, usually Hiroshi-sama wears headphones. Mizuki-sama sometimes plays her music too loudly and Mother yells at me, I think she listens to, um Pop?" she sounded unsure of the term. Once again it probably sounded strange for her to be referring to her own siblings in such a manner, and even stranger if Shima had known they were her younger siblings. "What kind of music do you like to listen to?" she asked him. One might assume since he was joining this club that the answer would be Rock or something similar, but Mila didn't think about that and she honestly didn't know much about music genres.

Lonely Phantom

9,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
User ImageUser Image

"Wait. Don't go. One chance. Please stay."

Shima Okazaki

"I'm bent. I'm not broken." ~The Emperor~

Shima sighed as she still did not seem to understand his anti-social tendencies. They were a shield. To protect him from ever getting hurt again. After all, it was the need to be social that ended up taking more from him than just his leg. But he decided to drop the subject. Then he noticed a change in her demeanor when he asked her about home schooling. What was that? Fear? Sadness? Shima couldn't decide, but it would be a subject for another time. If it bugged her that much then it was not his place to bring it up anymore. When she finally got about to answering his question about music, he almost wrote it off until something caught his ear. What was that about her getting yelled at for her sister's music? Clenching a fist, he disguised his disgust with a quick knuckle pop and relaxed his fingers. "Why would someone yell at you for your sister's music?" Shima asked her as he finished massaging his leg. The concept was really unfair. Perhaps... there were people with worse living conditions than his own. Sure he felt like his house was not his own, but hearing this made him think that house was definitely not the place for her.

After waiting a moment he continued, "Pop, huh? I could never get into that stuff to be honest. As for me, I have always been into American Rock music." He hoped that he would not have to explain the difference and nuances of J-Rock to American Rock. Although, he could probably give a pretty satisfactory explanation if he felt like it. But he would hang onto that for a later time. His gaze bounced between her and the piece of equipment next to him. He observed the dials and knobs hoping to gleam some sort of meaning from it all. It appeared the current AMP he was next to was made for the guitar. He would need to find the vocal stuff in the future so he could figure how to work it as soon as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------
~OPTIONS~
»
or
»

What's gonna happen to me now?
Just tell me that.
Nothing else really matters anymore.

Laureli ObsidianFang

Obsessive Loiterer

8,640 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
User Image
User Image
                                                                Yoshi Justice

I will pull myself together Strength umArcana
                                                                Seraphim
                                                                To keep on moving to the end
                                                                Distractions may appear
                                                                Theme Song
                                                                Persona: Hercules
                                                                But waver I will not from my path

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Joe got off, and Yoshi sat up. He extended a hand, and Yoshi gratefully took it. Pulling herself up, she seemed to be oblivious to Joe's discomfort. She dusted away the bits of plants that had fallen on her, and heard more trumpets. "It's alright. Yeah, I do hear trumpets, crumpets can't make a sound, except crunching." She followed Joe, putting a hand in his shoulder.

"Here, I'll lead you. Away from any pitfalls, that is. You can walk normally." Yoshi offered, walking next to him. Her eyes darted to where he was walking towards, and took a deep breath. Momoko could be there. They had better hurry. "Hold on, Joe, we are going to run!" With that, she grabbed Joe by the hand and ran forward, slow enough at first for Joe to start running, before increasing her speed.

As they neared the area, Yoshi felt a chill down her spine. It was close, very close. Another of those things. Yoshi continued to run, hoping that there were none behind them. She still had not gotten the hang of summoning Hercules, but better safe than sorry!

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

aleksa6
                                                                Quote:

Timid Conversationalist

9,300 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
SEE --- NO --- EVIL

JΘHN DΘE

User Image
User Image
↪But you can call me Joe.

Speaking with: Yoshi

Carrying: Cane, Dog Whistle, Energy Drink x 3, Medicinal Plaster x 2, Candles x 5, Salt

Health: ██████████ 100%

POST MOVED HERE

Joe and Yoshi run into a castle.

Close your Eyes
Visualize
As your Mind Spies
Through this World's Disguise

iKokoro
Schizune Weaver

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
Health: 100/100 - Adequate.

Kei blinked calmly as he watched Imogen, staying silent as she speculated that given his reaction she assumed he hadn't quite caught the meaning of her nickname. That actually wasn't the case, but he didn't care to point it out. The fact of the matter was that due to his sense of professionalism he often preferred to refer to someone by name as opposed to any nicknames. Standing with his arms folded he allowed her to muse about her unorthodox name, about ready to leave when all of a sudden the girl he towered over came out with something completely unexpected. Kei visibly recoiled with an utterly astounded expression, forced to take a step back lest he lose his balance. "W-what? My...jawline?" he asked in mild disbelief. The request was simply so random that it had caught him off-guard, the young doctor glancing aside with a soft 'tch' as he pushed his glasses up along the bridge of his nose, attempting to collect himself. Reluctantly, and, perhaps somewhat surprisingly, he accepted and went along with it. "...F-fine. Just...be quick about it." he hurried her, giving in as his shoulders sank a little.

As she took his photo, he didn't bother to smile for it, simply standing there with his stern expression and his arms folded, and despite not actually attempting to be, he was fairly photogenic, despite looking like the dishevelled and irritated loner that he was. Once all was said and done, he gave a faint sigh, and began to turn away. "Now then, if that is all, I should be getting back to my office." he explained to her, starting to take his leave as he walked away. For a moment, he paused, and glanced over his shoulder. He seemed to be deliberating about whether or not to say something. "Keep an eye out for a girl about your age, Mila Himura. She's artistic like you, perhaps you'll find some common ground. Just as clumsy too, with any luck you might just be able to keep each other from suffering any further accidents." he told her, in truth he was more or less looking out for Mila and subtly attempting to find her a new friend as she didn't seem to have many, and he imagined Imogen wouldn't mind a new friend either, so it was a win-win. Of course, he attempted to mask this attempt by making it seem that he was trying to remedy their klutzy nature as though it irritated him. Another pause, and he added something before taking his leave. "...If you find yourself hurt or ill, come and see me." he advised, before continuing his walk back towards the medical office.

Playful Trader

User Image

Mila was relieved that Shima didn't seem to push or pry further about the home school topic, she just wasn't really ready to talk to other people about that sort of stuff just yet. After all, being this social was still something she was trying to adjust to after so long in the company of only her family. His physical reaction to her mention about her sisters music passed her by unnoticed, she wasn't usually the keenest observer of little nuances in someones demeanor most of the time. His question however made her blink a bit, it was admittedly unfair, but she wasn't exactly accustomed to much else at this point, so being asked why seemed almost strange to her. It wasn't that she was unaware of how she should be treated, but after so many years of it, she'd grown so accustomed to it that the idea of it being any other way seemed quite alien to her, making it hard to imagine how other peoples lives really were at times. "I'm her big sister, I'm supposed to make sure that she's always at her best." this seemed almost a mantra, something she'd obviously been told many times. If Mizuki acted badly, it was because Mila was a bad sister, or so her mother told her every time that she was punished for her sisters behavior. The delicate blonde was still standing and leaning on her crutch, but finally her weariness outweighed her wariness and she settled herself into a chair quietly. Leaning her crutch against the desk that held a neat stack of papers she looked over towards Shima again as he announced his opinion on Pop and his preference for American Rock. While she had no idea what the difference was between it and Japanese Rock aside from presumably language she gave a little nod. "I think that I could maybe like anything, you know, if it sounds nice." she said non-committally. Being as unfamiliar with music genres as she was she wasn't really likely to judge music for it's source so much as its sound in the end, but she had no real way of knowing. She was however someone who was comfortable and quite accustomed to submitting to other peoples wishes when it came to things like that, so she would never speak out against someone elses choice in music and would listen to it without complaint.

Turning her gaze she glanced curiously at the neat stack of papers on the desk to scan over the top page. Apparently they were sign up and information sheets, how fortuitous. Shifting she pulled her bag up onto her lap and began to rummage through it, pulling loose her latest embroidery project that she worked on in her out of class hours and setting it aside for a moment while she dug around for her pen. Sometimes Mila was not to the most well organized, she tried to make an effort, but some days it was hard to keep everything sorted and today she was quite exhausted. Finally retrieving the implement she scrawled her name onto the paper to sign up officially for the costume designer position of the club. With that done she slipped the pen into the proper pocket of her bag and decided to pass some time working more on her project. Plucking her hair clip from her blonde locks she retrieved a needle from some little slot inside it and clipped back the disheveled strands again without concern to appearance before she threaded the needle and set back to work adding stitches to the flowers she was making on the blouse she'd been working on previously. She'd managed to salvage the piece after the spill of sauce and followed through with her new ideas to give it a longer tail in the back and removed the sleeves, she wasn't certain yet if she wanted to attach new shorter ones or leave them off. For a quiet moment it would have seemed she might have forgotten that Shima was even there in the room with her, but she glanced back over and seemed to ponder a moment before speaking up. "So do you play an instrument or sing then?" she asked him curiously. If he was applying to join the club she assumed he was skilled at one of the two or both, she couldn't be any real help with that sort of thing, but if they let her then she would certainly love to help make them nice outfits to wear during their performances. As she awaited his answer she returned to her sewing quietly, if he wanted she could sit in silence with him without complaint, she was accustomed enough to people not wanted to talk with her, so she wouldn't have minded, but she was interested to know more if he did want to talk.

Lonely Phantom

9,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
User ImageUser Image
I'm only human, I bleed when I fall down.
Imogen Wolfe
"It's fine. I'm pathetic, too. But... I think if we are together... we can grow stronger." -The Star-

Snapping the picture she gave a satisfied sigh as she looked at it on the small screen. "Nice pout," she commented and giggled. Imogen put her camera off to the side as she then reached into her back to pull out a post-it and a pen. She wrote down his name, the day and time. "You'll be receiving more thanks in the near future. Pulling a small notebook out, she posted it on a gap with another post-it. The pages previous were almost exploding with post-its showing that this was very regular behavior for her. Imogen put the notebook away and looked back to Kei as he began to leave. "I'll be sure to look out for Mila."

His next comment warmed her heart a bit. Despite his cold indifference, Kei actually offered her his future time and care to her. It was not something she would forget. Nor would she let the opportunity to lightly tease him over it. "Aw, you big softy." With a cute and innocent smile she turned away happy that her bag had spilt that day and let her meet Kei. She continued on her way to the art room, large canvas in hand.

-------------------------------------------
Options
»
or
»

--------------------------------------------------------
~We can do whatever you want~
~Just as long as you know that when we leave this room and re-enter the world~
~We're going to do it together~

Kail Tribal

Lonely Phantom

9,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
User ImageUser Image

Shima Okazaki

Shima scoffed at her older sister comment, "Please, it is the 21st century, if she can't handle her own behavior now, she never will get a hold on it." After a moment, his face softened. He looked at Mila with sad eyes, "Sorry, I don't mean to overstep my boundaries." He fell silent as he was consumed by his own thoughts for a little while. Why did he care? He did not know this girl, but she was the type of person he has always felt protective needs to protect. So that might have a bit to it. Yet, he was a social outcast because he wanted to be. If he started publicly taking care of people, there goes his reputation. Yet taking another look at her, maybe that was not such a bad thing anymore. He still had his bad attitude and rough look, and it is not like protecting people changed the fact that he looked like a modern one legged pirate in a school uniform.

Mila then asked him about his musicality, "I was never good with instruments. I grew up on sports so I never got any work with them. So I sing, just for the sake of singing. That is why when my psychiatrist suggested I join a club my last year of High School, I jumped onto the Rock Band Club opportunity." Shima rambled as he explained perhaps a little too much at this point. But talking to her, kept getting easier. So maybe he was changing... maybe a little. Shima finally noticed that she was sewing something, "How long have you been sewing? You seem to be pretty good at it." Shima of course had not way of knowing whether that was true or not, but he hoped it made her happy.

~OPTIONS~
»
or
»

Just tell me that.

Laureli ObsidianFang

Playful Trader

User Image

Mila blinked in surprise over at Shima for his remark about her sisters behavior. This wasn't the first time that someone had said something negative about her little sister since she'd been here, with Minegishi's remark this one was less bold but it stuck with her all the same. He seemed to realize what he'd said after the fact and apologized. "N-no, I'm sorry." she said with a small shake of her head as she looked down. Once again her bad habit of apologizing set in, saying that she was sorry for something that she hadn't even done. It was strange for her to hear someone saying bad things about Mizuki, another of those conflicting situations that she wasn't sure how to handle. On the one hand she couldn't help but agree, her sister got away with so much and it was always her that got into trouble for it, it didn't feel fair. On the other she was not accustomed to anyone getting away with being insulting about the girl, and in spite of having no bond at all with her sister she still felt in some way obligated to defend her somehow. Any ill thoughts about the girl were quickly quashed and she kept quiet, she couldn't be like that, couldn't think and certainly couldn't say such things about her sister, it was rude. The shift of conversation back to music however helped to assuage the growing guilt as it distracted her from the subject again. Mila's blue eyes lifted from the desk to look over at the young man again as she listened to him, head inclined slightly as she absorbed the information quietly with a little nod of acknowledgement. She wondered briefly about his leg at the mention of sports, she couldn't help wondering if he was able to play with it, and from that what had happened to it exactly and when. She didn't feel it was quite her place to ask however and so let her thoughts pass unannounced. "I bet you sound good when you sing, you have a nice sounding voice." she told him with a little smile. What her parameters for the judgement of a nice voice were was anyone's guess really, she just thought that Shima was no unpleasant to listen to speaking, not that she would have told him if he were. Most people of course she thought were nice to listen to, and that didn't often have a lot of bearing on their singing abilities, but she didn't really have much knowledge at all on that sort of subject.

"Probably a lot better than Mizuki-sama." the words had left her lips before she'd even realized that she'd thought them, let alone said them. Though her words had been little more than a mumble Mila's eyes widened and her face reddened, how could she say such a thing? A hand raised to cover her mouth as she stared over at him for a moment and then quickly looked away, obviously shocked that she'd said something so bold and mean about her sister. "I-I mean..." what did she mean? There was no getting around what she'd said, she'd insulted her sisters singing which was admittedly bad sounding even to someone with no real ear for music like Mila, but how could she think and worse say such a thing? Swallowing hard she looked away and busied herself with her sewing pricking herself with the needle a few times in her nervous fumble of activity and wincing, her fingers were still tender from all of the scrubbing she'd had to do the night before, steel wool had bitten them near raw, so the needle jabs were extra unpleasant. This at least distracted her a moment, long enough at least to forget her embarrassment before Shima asked about her sewing and she looked back over at him. For a minute the blonde just stared in an almost dumbfounded manner, "You think so..?" she finally asked, looking back down at her project and then back up at Shima. She'd not heard praise of her work many times in her life and it brought a smile to her face that lit it up brightly much like when Kei had thanked her for the keychain, all awkward remarks forgotten easily. "I, well I guess I've done it almost as long as I can remember. My Step-fathers mother made me learn when I was very little and I've done it ever since." she explained. Sewing was repetitive and even a simpleton could learn it, so she'd been taught how to along with her other chores so that she could be of some use at home. Though the old woman hadn't been a very nice teacher Mila had learned to enjoy the task after she'd picked it up, now it was more hobby than anything else for her when she had some time to herself.

Lonely Phantom

9,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
User ImageUser Image

Shima Okazaki

Shima held back a small laugh. "Well, when we join the Rock Band Club you'll be hearing it a lot and you may or may not change your mind. I don't think I've been complimented like that in a long time since-" Shima paused. One second... two seconds... three seconds... and then he immediately crashed that train of thought into a deep gorge in the back of his mind. "Nevermnd," was all that he managed to get out. Still couldn't talk about. He could never talk about THAT subject. But then she said something else. It was about her sister. He wasn't quite sure but it sounded like she insulted her sister. Shima looked down but a small smile was on his face. That was the kind of strength he hoped she would show. So she was stronger than she showed the world and that was always something worth protecting.

He then listened to her talk about how she learned sewing and it immediately threw up a red flag in his head. Very suddenly, it all started to make too much sense. Mila was in a Cinderella story. He stood up and walked over and sat down next to her. "Hey, Mila... Mizuki isn't your actual sister is she? She's your step sister, right? The daughter of your stepfather?" Shima asked her seriously.

~OPTIONS~
»
or
»

Just tell me that.

Laureli ObsidianFang

Playful Trader

User Image

Shima's trail off into nothing before he dismissed the subject didn't seem to catch Mila's attention too much, the petite blonde letting it pass easily though she had noticed it. Everyone had some things that they didn't want to talk about too much, she'd just done similar about the subject of her home schooling so she wasn't about to push him for details on whatever it was that he'd been about to say. Instead she just offered him a little smile that seemed to be an attempt at encouraging or reassuring and let the subject drop, he'd appreciated her compliment and she managed to resist the urge to apologize unnecessarily to him. Her own embarrassment had interrupted anything further anyway, but she was very grateful when he didn't make any sort of remark about what she'd said, sparing her a bit more guilt. When they'd managed to move away from all of that onto her sewing she was feeling more comfortable, for a moment at least. When the young man rose to move closer to where she was seated she blinked and little at him, surprised by the change of position but no thinking too much of it. His question however made her frown and incline her head a little, her first instinct was to dispute what he'd said, thinking for a moment that he was asking her if her sister was real or made up, after all she was frequently accused of being far too imaginative. Shutting her mouth before she'd said anything stupid she furrowed her brow a little more in consideration once he'd continued his question and she caught on to what he was actually asking her.

"Um... Half sister I think?" it sounded more of a question than an answer. She always just thought of Mizuki and Hiroshi as her siblings so making the distinction didn't really occur to her before though she knew of course they were not her full blooded siblings. "My mother and step father's daughter, I guess my brother is technically my half brother too." she told him, growing a little more confident of her conclusion now that she'd had a moment to think on it. Then a different frown came to her, one of curious confusion, "Why do you ask?" she questioned softly. She didn't realize of course that he'd picked up so quickly on her position at home, not that she would have thought to draw any such comparisons herself, she'd grown to accept her lot in life as much as she feared it would always be that way. His tone seemed so serious, but then she felt like it did most of the time so it was hard to get any sort of idea of where he was going with this, especially as inept as she was at gauging people a lot of the time anyway with clearer signs.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff