Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you believe in magic?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on December 31, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 >

The woman turned, watching Elle with her strange eyes. She nodded her head in greeting before turning to look out the window again. A thought then crossed her mind. This was the thief from earlier, yes? Or at least she smelled the same, she thought, her nose twicthing. She turned back. "Miss?" she spoke up, and beconed her over with a hand. She then lowered her voice. "Do you know a way out of the city? Other than the gates?"

Distinct Hunter

5,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Elle frowned slightly, interrupted from the other morsel she had been about to stuff into her mouth. Looking up, she saw the woman beckoning to her. She approached the stranger, listening to her question.

Elle's face looked thoughtful when she had finished her request. Clearing her throat, she spoke up.

"There are many ways to leave the city without being seen...if being seen is what you want to avoid." She spoke carefully, keeping her thoughts from leaving her head.

I wonder what kind of trouble she must have gotten into?...
The woman nodded. "Yes, that would be very helpful." she said, smiling slightly. If you want to get out of a city unseen, the best person to ask would be a thief of the city. She reached in her cloak and pulled out a small pouch, jingling with coins. "If you can lead me out of here, I'll give you this." she murmured, holding it out.
((Sorry about that... I have to get going. Just my luck when I was about to join in too. Ugh..I'm sorry neutral ))
ooc|Oh, well, c ya around, then.

Distinct Hunter

5,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
At first, Elle was hesitant about revealing her secrets to this woman...secrets were valuable, and she had no reason to help the woman. No one had ever showed her any kindness...

All hesitance melted away at the sight of the bag full of coins. A smile bloomed on Elle's face. After a life of poverty and fending for herself, Elle had learned that money could be everything.

"Very well then," said Elle softly. "If you would like my secrets, then meet me in the alleyway across the street from here an hour from now. I can lead you away from the city, if that is your wish."
The woman nodded, then tipped half of the pouch's contents int a different bag. "Half now, half when we've left the city." she murmured, holding the bag out while pocketing the other. "I will meet you there in an hour, then." she agreed, then slipped from the bakery and back onto the streets.

Distinct Hunter

5,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Elle held her breath as she accepted the bag before slipping away swiftly. She ran to her 'home', a desecrated building a few streets away. There, she got some supplies, shoving them into a bag hurriedly. Glancing around one last time, Elle made sure her knives were in their usual places before checking over the contents in the bag, making sure everything was there.
The woman looked around, then went straight to the alley. No time for lingering. She looked around once more, and froze. Her eyes widened as she caught sight of red leather. Two, no, three of them! And how did they get here so fast? She hurried and ducked into the alley, breathing heavily. She shrucnk into the shadows, just in case on of the women decided to look. And there she waited. While she waited, she called both Fireheart and Narion, instructing the former to wait outside the city and for the latter to meet here here, in the alley.

Distinct Hunter

5,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Her ears pricked at the sound of the distant bell tolling.

The hour is up, Elle thought to herself. She exited the place, making her way towards the alleyway. The dark was creeping up now as the day ended. Elle pulled her cloak closer about her, trying to fend off the shivers. Her green eyes were on the constant lookout for other thieves. An ironic grin came to her face. Imagine that...the thief gets robbed? Elle would have laughed aloud, except that thieves do not draw attention.

Sighing, Elle turned into the alleyway, not expecting anyone to be there just yet.
As soon as she saw the girl, the woman emerged from the shadows, her green eyes on her face. A small, silver dragon sat on her shoulder. His eyes ere crystal seeming and his wing membranes were the color of tarnished gold, as was his talons. He also had black runes down his back. "Hello again." she murmured.

Distinct Hunter

5,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Elle's eyes swept up to look over the strange creature. She hid her surprise with an effort, smiling at the woman.

"Shall we get going?" Instead of waiting for an answer, Elle pulled a thick stick of wood from her bag, lighting it with a match, also produced from the bag. Handing the torch over to the woman, she got another torch for herself.

She walked further towards the alley, knocking on the door of one of the buildings nearby. It was old, and looked as though no one had lived in it for a long time.

A voice came from the other side of the door, wary and questioning.

"Nathaniel, it's me," She whispered, holding the torch aloft. "I have someone who wants to take the passageway..."
The woman took the torch, then frowned. "I have no need to this." she murmured, but kept it anyway. She looked around with interest, then turned her attention to the voice that had emerged from behind the door.

ooc|Sorry, it's short, lol^^;

Distinct Hunter

5,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
((No problem ^_^))
After a few more seconds, the door opened.

"Follow me," Elle whispered cheerfully, entering the building. The inside looked much the same as the outside: old and crumbling. Elle smiled, and started introductions. "This is Nathaniel," said Elle, gesturing towards a young man, who looked just as poor as Elle. "He guards this place from...intruders." The man smiled back vaguely, before looking out the door alertly. Elle beckoned the woman to follow her down into the basement. Dark and dank, the torches offered a dim view of the depressing cellar. The light showed tanks lined along one wall, once filled with wine.

Pushing aside one of the tanks, Elle revealed a tunnel, dark, leading downwards.
The woman nodded at Nathaniel before following the girl. She smiled when she saw the secet passage, and put down her torch. "Before we go in, I'd like you to know my name. I'm called Nyssa. And my dragon is named Narion." she said to Elle.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff