Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Enabler

X_x_x_XUser Image

This isn't just about protecting loved ones...

X_x_x_X_x_x_X_x_x_X_x_x_X_x_x_X_x_x_X_x_xIt never has been.

User Image

"I am not alright. And the truth is I haven't been for some time." Those words, the blunt truth coming out, were like a splash of cold water. He knew that she wasn’t alright, it was clear, but he hadn’t honestly expected her to own to it.

Everything that followed next from her lips was like a rush of horrible revelations and he couldn’t believe his own ears for a moment. Elliot found himself staring, clearly dumbfounded, at Yoko and wondering if he had really been in a dream this entire time and was just now becoming lucid of it. Was there a possibility that this could be real? Her statement about her nightmares replayed in his head and confirmed that yes, this was real. Because he would never dream that she, that the love he thought was lost to him, would be dreaming of him--having nightmares about his safety, about his well-being being at risk or nonexistent.

“I miss you, and I love you. But I am scared.“

"Y-yoko…" He felt as if someone had hit him with a Stupefy spell, as she continued on. Pressing forward in a way that made it obvious that she was exercising so much willpower even to speak. Each word was like a fresh slap in the face and it was all Elliot could do to simply sit there, stupefied, and listen. Trying to process all the information being thrown his way. Then she was apologizing for even telling him, looking as if she felt she had put a burden on him--completely unaware that she was freeing him from something far worse. And before he could get so much as ”It’s ok--” out, she was stating that she had to leave and was gone.

Just like that. She was gone. And Elliot was left sitting, frozen to the spot by pure stupidity and disbelief as he stared at her retreating frame as if time was standing still in his mind. Struggling to process everything that had been spoken to him in such a short time frame. Every word that had taken his world, his entire perspective of his life, and threw it upside down into a tidal wave. And then it hit him again, clicked that Yoko was leaving while he was left sitting there, that he was doing nothing in response.

It was like a jolt to his entire system as everything started crashing back in around him, all the noise and commotion and the bickering of his friends not more than a mere seat down from him. Not even caring that they were in the middle of a conversation, he swiveled to look between Callum and Miles. They could clear it for him, they were voices of reason. Calm, collected, reasonable. Not clouded by wishes or doubts or anything like that. He could ask them calmly and figure out his next step. What really ended up happening was far different than what he had intended, because while Elliot would like to believe otherwise, he was panicking. So his inquiry came out something close to a barely tolerable noise level and nearly indecipherable speed.

”D-did you, was I dreaming? Did you hear that? She--” Here he was already trying to scramble from his seat, tripping over the bench and hitting the ground with a grunt. He barely registered Callum’s arm stretched out a few inches away as she scrambled to his knees and then started to his feet, still bumbling. “Koko, she--Cal, Nils, did you… She said she still loves me! Merlin! She still--I have to go, I have to--Koko!” And then he was off, at least a minute behind the Hufflepuff as he somehow managed to weave directly around everyone in his way and head for the doors of the Great Hall. Items completely forgotten at the table, without a single thought likely to be given to them until well later on in the day.

Somehow, he managed to trace her outside and was almost struck dumb once again by the sight of her directly out of doors. Elliot pressed himself forward, though, calling her name before she could start off again, terrified that she would continue off in whatever direction. ”Wait!” Words failed him in what appeared to be a horrible trend with her, but he didn’t stop this time, instead catching up to her and pulling her around to press their lips together. Because if he couldn’t find words to express how he felt after everything she had just told him, then this one act should, at the very least, make it somewhat clearer. His mind was already clearing up as the seconds passed before he pulled away, still holding tight to her as if terrified she would run away. Vanish.

”I would never let anything happen to myself, I would never allow myself to be lost from you.” He wouldn’t let her end up in a situation like his mother had. The thought was unbearable, and as he spoke it was like a rush of his own, the words toppling out of his mouth before he could think of what he was really saying. ”I love you. You mean more to me than you know, Yoko. I could never… I can’t bear the thought of anything happening to you, anything upsetting you, the thought that I… That you could be tormented by such things... ” His hold tightened slightly, though fully aware of it as to not hurt her and instead pulled her closer to hug her to him. Protectively. Like he had done so many times before, before things had fallen apart with her parents death. Elliot had to take a breath, register that she was there, before continuing. ”I’m the one who should apologize. I never… I should have tried harder to stay with you. To be there for you… ” To stop the nightmares, to protect her, or at least to comfort her. And suddenly he was so very angry at himself. How could he have ever convinced himself the best course of action was to leave her alone in her time of need?

I'm at: Just outside the doors. With: Yoko.

User ImagexXxUser ImagexXxUser Image

Cheery Capitalist

User Image

User Image

Spring! Was almost upon them!

Oh, sure, it was still a fairly cold day out, but that couldn't put a damper on Niko's spirits today.

He had polished off the cake that Jane had promised him (chocolate, moist and fluffy, every bit as decadent as he had dreamed and more. If he didn't think dating was disgusting he might consider marrying her. Years and years later, of course) just yesterday, without having shared a single bite with anyone. Not Rab, who had frowned at him. Not Barty. Not even Reg.

He felt only slightly guilty about that last one. Sliiightly. (He felt no shame at all for being a monstrous glutton.)

It was all right though. Most of the time, Niko freely shared his chocolates and candies with the youngest Black, and vice versa. They had joyfully tried every variety of sweets they had encountered in their short lives together. Had exchanged opinions, warned each other about certain funny colored beans that Bertie Bott recently added to their collection, discussed the pros and cons of Honeydukes' famous chocolate strawberries (the texture was great, the harmony of flavors phenomenal, but why in the world would they put only SIXTEEN berries in one box, max? And have it in only for Valentine's Day? What did strawberries have to do with Valentine's Day in the first place?). That last discussion had gotten surprisingly deep.

.....But that didn't mean there wasn't anything he didn't share with Regulus.

The bright blue box he cradles in his hands was one of them.

Terry's Chocolate Orange was a relatively new favorite of Niko's, but it was definitely at the top of that extensive list. He had first encountered it last September, on the train ride to school, when Miles Craven had introduced him to its spherical perfection as the New Muggle Treat To Try This Year. (The year before that had been Jaffa Cakes.) He had received his latest supply on Wednesday, a whopping sixteen that he was determined to make last til at least next month.

Which was why he was sequestered in a tree by the lake now, half hidden by the new buds on the branches. He was certain no one would find him in here, high up as he was - and with.... something... happening in the middle of the lake at that. He wasn't certain, but he thought he had seen something like a bright yellow duck being dragged under by the squid. He had never seen anything like it before.

...Well. Stranger things had been known to happen in this school.

Putting all thoughts of the duckly-something out of his mind, Niko now took the time to carefully open the box, making sure not to drop it onto the ground fifteen feet below. The gold-wrapped chocolate rolled out onto his hand, and Niko lovingly inspected it, the noon sun catching the wrapper to make it shine like Discord's golden apple; the scent of chocolate, faintly tinged with a hint of citrus, made his mouth water, and his fingers tremble with anticipation.

His. All his.

Carefully he tucked away the box inside his robes (wouldn't do any good to leave evidence lying about), then got a good, firm grip on the orange, prepared to smash it against the trunk-

- and then promptly jumped, almost toppling off the tree, when someone called his name.

x

Currently in: A tree
With: REG WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE THIS ISN'T WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE

The Committee Staff Lionheart

User Image

User Image

Currently: At the Great Hall with Miles, Callum, and Olivia
Behind the Scenes: Hello Night by Zoe Keating

In the midst of Callum and Olivia arguing and Elliot running after Yoko, Theresa spotted Professor McGonagall heading her way. Funny thing was, she just saw her not half an hour ago.

It must be something serious, then.

"Ah, Miss Finley, have you got something to eat yet?" She inquired quietly just so only the two of them could hear one another.

The Hufflepuff smiled and nodded. "Mm... a few bites, Professor, yes."

"Oh, good. Professor Dumbledore is asking for you in his office this instant." Professor McGonagall said before she walked away, not paying attention to the usual bickering between the aforementioned Seventh Years.

Theresa's smile faded as she looked at Olivia and wondered silently what was that about. The latter shrugged and took a sip of her water.

...It could be anything.

"I'm sorry, Miles," she said as she stood up. "Hold the fort for now, will you? Tell me what goes on later so we can be quick to absolve it perhaps."

Afterward, Theresa quietly exited the Great Hall and made her way to the Headmaster's office, just a bit sad that Miles was going to brave the tempest himself for a while.

There was something about the Astronomy Tower that compelled him to go there that day. Robin couldn't remember if he had to meet someone there or if wanted a breather or what. He was going to go, anyway.

Everything was quite a blur and all of a sudden for him, for he couldn't see anyone else's face so clearly. He thought he saw a glimpse of Olivia carrying her books in her arms but he wasn't sure. (Well, he could've looked at another blonde who happened to resemble his sister-in-law but he highly doubted it.) While the rest were somewhat in a hurry to get out of class to go to another one, Robin took his time and made sure everything was with him, including his trusty wand. He lazily slung the strap of his bag on his shoulder and quietly walked out of class, sneaking in a head scratch and a yawn or two.

As soon as he stepped out of the classroom, however, the corridor was already decidedly empty; the only sound he could hear was his breathing in and out, as well as blood rushing through his head.

A headache so soon?

He shrugged and looked out the window for a moment. It was sunny outside and the skies were a nice powder blue, yet cloudless, but no sunlight was peeking in. Still, it didn't change the fact that it was still silent as if he was the only occupant of the entire castle, which here merely shrugged off once more.

Hm.

Oh, right, he thought, he had to go to the Astronomy Tower before anything else. Normally, this would have counted as cutting classes but he could care less that day. He deserved a break from his extra tutoring, and, quite frankly, he was exhausted on top of NEWT exams slowly creeping in. Fresh air was becoming more and more of a staple for Seventh Years these days and no one even dared to deny it.

He trekked up the stairs here and there (and then some). There was a figure on the opposite end, though he couldn't make it out since it was so flipping bright up there. Robin took a few more steps and the figure became none other than one Theresa Finley in her usual school robes. She looked very sullen and exhausted, too, a stark contrast from her usual positive disposition toward people.

"Theresa?" The Ravenclaw asked worriedly. "What are you up to? And why are you here, honestly?" His speech impediment didn't apply to his state of internal panic.

Suicidal and Theresa absolutely did not belong in the same sentence as she was helping herself to stand on the topmost railing. There was no wind to precipitate her fall but Robin still
                  must do what was needed to be done.

"Wait...! Don't do it! There has to be another way...."

It was just that terror never felt so real to him before. He became so afraid of what may happen if he didn't stop her.

"I'm sorry," she sobbed. "I'm so sorry... I just can't."

"Sorry? You can't what?" Robin thought aloud. Suddenly his bag disappeared and he found himself chasing after her now, to maybe prevent her from jumping off the Astronomy Tower. As if there were an invisible force between them, Robin's outstretched arm some feet away still seemingly pushed Theresa off the railing and -

"No! Finley!"

Another odd thing to note was that there was no body on the ground when he leaned a bit forward, neither was there any sign of Theresa anywhere amidst this terrible quietness.

And then he heard a chuckle from somewhere behind him. Robin turned around and a brunette with fair skin and bright red lips stood about ten feet away from him.

"What, cat got your tongue? Can't even fight properly, the stupid Mudblood."

Theresa Apparated from behind him and began to fling offensive spells at the other girl. "You're all talk, y'know?"

Robin stood there and stared at her in disbelief, but...

But.

But... didn't she just...?

- - -

Everything was quite a blur and all of a sudden for him, for he couldn't really focus in his classes as much as he used to. His extra tutoring sessions were taking a toll on him, too. He saw a glimpse of Olivia looking over her notes again to make sure she wrote everything down, if not on the book itself. Robin could only wonder how she can keep that kind of facade with everything else going on in her life in the coming months....

While the rest were somewhat in a hurry to get out of class to go eat at the Great Hall, Robin took his time and made sure everything was with him, including his trusty wand. He lazily slung the strap of his bag on his shoulder and quietly walked out of class, sneaking in a head scratch, plus a yawn or two.

As soon as he stepped out of the classroom, however, the corridor was fairly quickly clearing out of students because it was lunch time; he could hear a buzz from somewhere and a tingling pain coming from the side of his head.

A headache so soon? It was only halfway through the day for Pete's sake.

He shrugged and looked out the window for a moment. It was sunny outside and the skies were a nice powder blue, yet cloudless, but no sunlight was peeking in. Still, it didn't change the fact that it was Friday and he was sure he was going to be swamped with a pile of schoolwork for the next two days. Managing to avoid bumping into a nearly-running Yoko, Elliot running after her, and Theresa being called into the Headmaster's office altogether, Robin walked over to his House table and plopped down on an empty seat with his school bag just right next to him.

"...I thee we're thill mithing a few fellow Theventh Yearth," he said nonchalantly, taking random lunch items onto his plate. Only then did the duo's bickering and Bones' current state register into his mind. "Anyone know what Boneth'th up to? He lookth abtholutely horrible. Poor him."

"Something about tentacle stealing a duck, Olivia piped up, temporarily suspending her argument with Callum until further notice. Personally she would never meddle in something like that, but, to be honest, she didn't pay attention if it was a real duck or not....

"It's a simple enough transfiguration exercise. Why are you two even arguing?"

Robin directed his attention to Miles and nodded. "Y'know, Mileth, it'th okay if they argue. Ath long ath they aren't breaking each other'th neckth and throwing thtuff, we should be alright. It'th not yet the end of the world with verbal argument or anything. Even if we turn the world upthide down, there ith no perfect relationship, I don't think. Otherwithe, we'd all be boring... and nobody wanth that." Then he scratched the side of his head and said to Callum, "Do you have any planth to take a walk? It'th pleathantly thunny outthide and I hear it helpth with the mood loadth." (He also wanted to add, "Or are you too cool for that?" but decided not to. He did get a chuckle out of it, though.)

Then finally to his sister-in-law, "Doeth the thleeping tonic Madam Pomfrey made for you help loadth, really? I might need thome...."

Eloquent Enabler

User Image

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ▇ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ ▂ ▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ ▇ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁

User ImageAldenUser ImageAldenUser Image

Place: Niko's tree People: What are you doing, Niko?

The day had been going by agonizingly slow for Regulus. There was something about the entire week that felt like he was being kicked and stomped down on. Maybe it was the sudden, recent interest of his housemates that started after the Hufflepuff party regarding his own friends in that house. The conversation from that Monday still felt fresh in his mind all week, combined with the full awareness that Marlene still didn't seem to want anything to do with him--she didn't even seem happy to say hello in the mornings despite Regulus' best efforts. Or maybe it was that classwork wasn't challenging enough and even Slughorn's promise of reward to the best potion in class wasn't enough to interest him again--what did he want with an aging draught, anyway? Sure, it might be fun to temporarily be the same age as his brother, or even older, but it was utterly useless. The Wit-Sharpening Potion they were making was probably more helpful in practice than the reward for making it the best. Slughorn seemed to have realized that, though, because he winked at Regulus when he'd 'forgotten' to take an extra vial of the potion after grading his and Niko's brew (leaving the Black heir to bottle it up for himself).

It was odd, however, that Niko had vanished at some point between Herbology ending and Regulus reaching the Great Hall. He'd sat down at their House table and quickly realized that he was down one best friend. Wondering if perhaps Niko's brother had sidetracked him (it was known to happen), Regulus had shrugged it off and quickly wrapped himself up a sandwich from the table to take outside. It was the first day nice enough to go out in a week, and he wanted to take advantage and see if it would be worth it later to go for a fly. After all, it would be nice to be on his broom and not be attacked by rain or wind or anything of that nature. Maybe he could race...

"Niko?" He'd started in surprise on seeing his friend sitting up in a random tree all on his own, the word being muttered under his breath. Because why would Niko be up in a tree, really? Still, as Regulus had edged closer to the tree in an attempt to spy if it really was his friend or if he was just seeing things, his eyesight quality was confirmed and Regulus felt a wave of confusion as he called out, this time loud enough to be heard by his friend. "Niko!" Regulus immediately regretted it as he watched the other fourth year near jump out of his skin, not to mention barely escape toppling from the tree entirely, at his own name. A nagging feeling that the other had been hiding from him went through Regulus' mind but was quickly stomped down as he told himself not to be silly. Maybe he had just wandered off too far naturally and Niko had thought he'd been the one sidetracked. Really, it wasn't uncommon for them to get separated at some point between classes for one reason or another.

Yet, the clear expression of guilt that was turned toward him by his friend as Niko clutched something to himself made Regulus doubt. He frowned slightly, trying to push down the sting of hurt that threatened to well up with the confirmation that yes, his friend really had been hiding from him because why else would Niko look like he'd been caught doing something bad? Not to mention the sudden shout of "this isn't what it looks like!" Which of course, Regulus knew all too well, meant that it probably was what it looked like. "...Why are you hiding all the way out here, Niko?" He had to pretend that he wasn't putting two and two together--of course, he only had one two and needed the other but hopefully Niko would tell him so his stupid head would stop trying to tell him that now even his best friend was tired of him too.

"Wouldn't that be something." He thought, biting on his lip as he turned his eyes down briefly to start unwrapping the stolen sandwich. "First your brother, then Marlene, and now Niko." Of course, Regulus knew it wasn't a fair thought. Sirius had already told him, multiple times that he was one of the reasons that had almost kept him from leaving home. That he wished they hadn't ended as they had, but there was still a part of Regulus that wondered if maybe his brother was just saying that. Besides, he knew that Niko would never just do that. They didn't spend all their time together, it was natural not to, and they didn't have many secrets from each other but there was enough. It really wasn't all that unusual for Niko to wander off with Regulus only to show up later or be stumbled upon in his own little world. What was unusual was the guilty look, though, and it took all the willpower of that Black heir to only let the surprise and curiosity show on his face and stomp down on his insecurities--feelings that had no place when it came to his best friend.

Bashful Prophet

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Things will never be as you imagined, so you're better off not seeing them...

Yoko managed to steady her breathing just as she heard the doors open behind her, and a voice shout out. "Wait!" A look of confusion flashed across her face before she realized he followed her. Why was he out here with her? She tried to turn, to look to him, to see. She couldn't move her feet. They were glued to the spot. But then she felt his hands as they turned her, and next thing she knew, he was there, holding her, kissing her, until after, when he didn't lt her go. Instead, he held her so tightly, it was almost frightening.

”I would never let anything happen to myself, I would never allow myself to be lost from you.” She felt her eyes grow a little large. And she was confused. So very confused. Why would he say such things? Promises like that couldn't be kept. ”I love you. You mean more to me than you know, Yoko. I could never… I can’t bear the thought of anything happening to you, anything upsetting you, the thought that I… That you could be tormented by such things... ” Suddenly he was holding her close to him again as though protecting her, as though all their time apart had never happened. When she finally processed this, what was happening, she found herself burrowing further into her chest. ”I’m the one who should apologize. I never… I should have tried harder to stay with you. To be there for you..."

He shouldn't apologize, and she knew that. If anything, she needed to apologize. She had lied to him for so long. Everything that was happening to her so suddenly was a bit overwhelming. Here she was, where she so badly wanted to be, where it felt so right to be, and suddenly he was dead. It was an image burned into the back of her eyelids. It morphed into how she remembered seeing her father over the summer. His words drifted through her mind like a bad dream. ”It was very nice to meet you but my wife should be coming any minute to pick me up now." What if something happened and Elliot forgot her too? Just looked at her as though he had never seen her, never knew her? Yoko felt her body tense up. Tears threatened to spill over. ”I would never let anything happen to myself, I would never allow myself to be lost from you.”

"Don't...." Yoko barely steadied her breath before she pushed away from him, walking backwards to keep her eyes on him. "Don't tell me that. It's not fair." She thought of all the times she saw her mother leave in the morning, heard, ”I'll be back later tonight.” She thought of when she left the house with her siblings on a night that seemed so long ago. "We'll be back soon!" "I'll be here..." And when she got back all that was left was...well, she didn't want to think about.

"We don't know what will happen by tonight, let alone by tomorrow. I could die! You could....you could die." Her voice dropped to whisper at the end of her sentence, hiding what she had said. Although, it wasn't hard to guess. "You can't give me a false hope that we will both make it out okay! People are disappearing, people are dying. I mean...if you think about it...had I not gone shopping with my sisters, I could be dead or worse right here, right now. I was just...I was just lucky." She had often felt guilty about living after that night, though this was the first she even alluded to such things. "Instead of being here, with me, right now, you might instead be by the lake cutting classes to spend time with the Marlene girl. Not that I'd want that to happen, but...just promise me, you won't make a promise that you can't keep. Just, promise me that. Please?" She smiled wistfully as she looked away from him, eyes on the ground. When she looked up at him, her mind felt clearer.

"And never apologize. You were just doing exactly what I wanted you to. Or at least, what I thought I wanted you to do...at the time. I thought if you loved someone, perhaps you should keep them further away, to see anything that might attack from a distance. It doesn't work that way because..." If you love someone, you keep them close, in order to stop the fatal blow, should it ever come. "Nevermind. Time and a place." She wiped her eyes with the back of her hand and awkwardly shrugged her shoulders. "Sorry, I'm a mess. But I am working on it." Yoko gave a little laugh, a crooked smile appearing on her face. She held out her hand to him, and this time, if he took it, she had no intention of letting him go again, hoping he felt the same.

Eloquent Enabler

X_x_x_XUser Image

This isn't just about protecting loved ones...

X_x_x_X_x_x_X_x_x_X_x_x_X_x_x_X_x_x_X_x_xIt never has been.

User Image

"Don't tell me that. It's not fair." As she pushed him away, Elliot felt confused for a brief moment before her following words smoothed out that confusion. "We don't know what will happen by tonight, let alone by tomorrow. I could die! You could...." His heart clenched at the implied fear, knowing that it was there, because he had the same one for her. The knot twisted as she expressed her thoughts following that statement, and Elliot wanted nothing more than to take her into his arms again but resisted. For the moment, he let them stay apart. To listen. ”Yoko, you...” He didn't want her to think like that, to focus on the way things had happened, the luck of it all. Yes, luck had a lot to do with it, but the survivors guilt that crept in with that kind of thought process was something he definitely wanted to spare her from. Her next words, however, shocked him to the core and Elliot could only stare dumbfounded as they left her lips. "Instead of being here, with me, right now, you might instead be by the lake cutting classes to spend time with the Marlene girl. Not that I'd want that to happen, but...just promise me, you won't make a promise that you can't keep. Just, promise me that. Please?"

”Yoko...” Taking a step forward as she turned her head away, Elliot tried to catch a glimpse of her expression. Him and Mar? His thoughts traveled back to Valentines day. It hadn't been anything serious, the Ravenclaw had set out on a mission to cheer up the fifth year. They had, at the end of it, ended up in bed in such a way that stood true to the nature of the older yet which was surprisingly enacted first by the younger. He thought about the conversation that had inevitably occurred afterward, a mutual agreement that had come out of it. ”Mar is my friend, and I care for her happiness as I would any of my friends, but she isn't a fit for the portion of my heart, my life, which you have filled so perfectly. Nor am I a fit for hers.” Shaking his head incredulously, he placed a hand over his heart and tried to catch her gaze again. "I promise I won't try to promise toward uncertainties like life or death..."

At her telling him not to apologize, Elliot could only shake his head. Even if he was doing what she believed she wanted--what they both believed may have been for the best, it had still wound them up in pain for months. An entire year, thereabout. He could barely stand the thought that, had he been more persistent, more determined to keep her the first time and not let her push him away, they would both be happier. Taking her hand when offered, he finally let himself close the distance again and brought his free hand up to cup her face and brush away the remainder of her tears with his thumb. "It's okay. It'll match mine." He could hardly claim to be all together these days. An obsession with runes and ancient wards and spells on one end, and near-complete insomnia from paranoia on another. Elliot chose not to bring that up, though, instead placing a kiss on her lips and pulling back to look her in the eyes. "I'll keep my promise to not make promises I can't keep, Koko, but I can keep this one: if it's ever in my power to protect you from being hurt, to keep from being separated from you--be it today, tomorrow, weeks, months, or years from now--I'll do it." He wanted to tell her that she meant more to him than anything else, that if it were possible he would rearrange the stars to keep anything from going between them, but less was sometimes more and Elliot knew that. Besides, even by uttering the words he knew that it was in the fine print.

"But promise me something, too..." By this point they had walked away from the doors, silent for a moment in contentment before the thought struck him. Turning as he spoke, Elliot took her other hand and brought them up between them. Here he made sure to meet her gaze, trying to communicate everything he felt with that look, with his words. Elliot knew that Yoko wasn't helpless, that she could handle herself. They were both Order members, and she had already displayed the kind of courage and strong heart that her house was known for. Which made his request all the more real, all the more needed. "Promise that I can be by you, side by side, through the dangers and uncertainties. Don't push me away to try and protect me or try to do it alone--I want to be with you in every aspect. So please, no matter the obstacle--good or bad, harmless or dangerous, clean or messy--let's promise to double team it, all of it, together." He took a deep breath once he was finished saying all of it, feeling a bit like having let some pressure out of his chest, from his shoulders. Before, after another heartbeat, he admitted quietly. "Because there's a war going on, and I don't want to spend another second of it, of my life, without you as my partner."

I'm at: Just outside the doors. With: Yoko.

User ImagexXxUser ImagexXxUser Image

The Committee Staff Lionheart

User Image

User Image

Currently with: Zack and Reed in the Hospital Wing
Behind the scenes: Only the Winds and Happiness Does Not Wait by Ólafur Arnalds

"...I thee we're thill mithing a few fellow Theventh Yearth," Robin said nonchalantly, taking random lunch items onto his plate. Only then did the duo's bickering and Bones' current state register into his mind. "Anyone know what Boneth'th up to? He lookth abtholutely horrible. Poor him."

"Something about tentacle stealing a duck, Olivia piped up, temporarily suspending her argument with Callum until further notice. Personally she would never meddle in something like that, but, to be honest, she didn't pay attention if it was a real duck or not....

"It's a simple enough transfiguration exercise. Why are you two even arguing?"

Robin directed his attention to Miles and nodded. "Y'know, Mileth, it'th okay if they argue. Ath long ath they aren't breaking each other'th neckth and throwing thtuff, we should be alright. It'th not yet the end of the world with verbal argument or anything. Even if we turn the world upthide down, there ith no perfect relationship, I don't think. Otherwithe, we'd all be boring... and nobody wanth that." Then he scratched the side of his head and said to Callum, "Do you have any planth to take a walk? It'th pleathantly thunny outthide and I hear it helpth with the mood loadth." He also wanted to add, "Or are you too cool for that?" but decided not to. He did get a chuckle out of it, though.

Then finally to his sister-in-law, "Doeth the thleeping tonic Madam Pomfrey made for you help loadth, really? I might need thome...."

The blonde wasn't even paying attention to whatever conversation was transpiring anymore, which she did frequently did these days. Instead, her mind drifted off into its deep recesses, as if looking for a specific memory, dream - just about anything, really. She stirred the cup of coffee with a teaspoon and took a few sips, savoring its warmth and aroma and semi-sweet flavor and closed her eyes as she downed every single drop....

Her eyes opened and found herself bedridden and in the girls' dormitories. It was all but quiet, devoid of conversation and life and color. Ashen red and gold curtains were actually ripped in different directions and pulled back, some pieces of the fabric were littered on the floor, but there was no sun outside, either. It seemed that it was going to pour at any second when obsidian skies replaced the previous shade of powder blue. These occurrences made the entire room constantly drop in temperature as well. Olivia could see her breath as she exhaled.

After sitting up, she slowly scanned around to find the rest of the beds in disarray before turning her head to the other side, letting out a small gasp of surprise when she spotted Mrs. Rhineheart donning a black robe and sitting down rather comfortably on a black leather couch roughly a meter away from the bed.

"You do not have many happy memories, do you?" She inquired cooly, not even bothering to look at her daughter.

Olivia frowned and blinked in confusion, quite unsure of where the question was headed. Her peripheral vision focused solely on her mother. Then, realization hit her.

... I don't, do I?

"Pathetic. You are so pathetic."

Her mother stood up, jet black hood covering her entire face now, and gracefully rose from the ground as if someone else were using the Levitation Charm on her. Long, dark locks were receding quickly into her scalp and her face was no more, leaving the mouth of the hood void of anything at all. Evaline Rhineheart had shifted into a Dementor.

Suddenly in a state of hysteria, Olivia searched around for her wand in attempts to deflect the Dark creature out of the dormitories. But she was too late.

She could feel coldness suffocating her as the Dementor drew closer and drained her of her own strength, then whatever sort of "happy" memories she had left in her mind. Everything she saw was simultaneously going in and out of focus and her muscles began to tense. The Dementor was simply too fast, too strong for her to move before she realized... that she could not fight it back.

"Pathetic. You are so pathetic," said the hooded figure before her with a distorted voice.

Olivia...

Olivia....?

Olivia!

"Olivia," repeated Robin worriedly for the nth time, "are you okay?" Certainly it was an unnecessary question since it may open up a whole can of worms right off the bat, but he was going to ask it even if it meant for her to speak up somehow. "Did you hear what I athked? You've been thtaring at your food for a while now."

The blonde blinked as if to return to the present time and looked at Robin. This further emphasized how exhausted she was. "Sorry, what was your question...?" It was deliberate that she ignored his first question.

Robin tried not to dig deeper into whatever she was going through, so he merely asked, "Oh, I wath athking about Madam Pomfrey'th thleeping tonic. Doeth it work for you okay? ...Hi, Thack!"

She nodded almost immediately, not noticing Zack approaching next to her. "Yes, it does. You have to let her make it for you because one more drop of anything, really, even Valerian, can be harmful to you. I try not to take it every night, though it seems like it's a necessity these days. And you said it's sunny outside?"

Side effects included nightmares, insomnia, some degree of forgetfulness, hysteria, loss of memory, and loss of appetite, all of which she was experiencing simultaneously, it seemed.

"Uh-huh, it'th a good day."

"I'm sorry to cut your lunch time, but Reed's in the Hospital Wing. He needs you right now," Zack said in a low voice so only he and Olivia can hear.

Great. Yet another wrench was thrown her way. How could her younger brother possibly be in the Hospital Wing at a time like this? Though it wasn't to say she wasn't concerned whatsoever. He was one of her responsibilities as an older sibling, after all.

Olivia stood up quietly with her belongings and made her way out of the Great Hall without another word to anyone, much less another bite of her lunch. Her mind was screaming for her to run, but her body remained in a much calmer state than that. It was most probably Zack who emanated that calm state in the first place.

"Excuse us," said Zack apologetically to the group and followed suit.

At some point he offered to carry the books for her even, to which the blonde was grateful for because she needed to clear/keep a cool head en route to the Hospital Wing. She temporarily let go of her prior inhibitions just so she could understand what the hell was going on and why now. What remained of her focus shifted to her younger brother's well-being and she hoped that it wasn't extremely distressing; she didn't need extra stress....

Well, she may have that outside walk later that day to cool her head some.

Robin poked at the mashed potatoes irritatingly with his fork. "Thith ith thoooooo laaaaame. It'th not even halfway through lunchtime yet and people are dithappearing like bubbleth! What giveth?!"

Notes
I will be taking a hiatus until there is more evident activity in this RP.

User Image User Image User Image

Demonic Gekko

User Image
User Image

User Image
XXXXXLucas let out a groan as he slowly pushed himself up and out of the chair he’d been using as a bed for the past several months. A never ending workload and a fondness for booze are two of the main reasons why he rarely made it to his own bed nowadays. As uncomfortable as it usually proved to be the following morning it was rather convenient for any students that needed him. Though on this particular morning it wasn’t a student waking him up, it was Dumbledore. The knock at the door that initially woke him up was met with groans and grumbles. Which is not what his visitor wanted to hear based on the second series of knocks which were much more forceful. “Fiiiiiiine, just give me a minute!” Lucas growled, “No one lets a man sleep in peace around here.” A few grunts later Lucas’ very wobbly bowlegs were trying their damnedest to carry him towards the cabinet to the left of his desk where all his extra clothes were stored. “Lucas if you would pleas-“ was all the headmaster could get out before he was cut off, “Headmaster....not to be rude but unless you want to see me in my pjs could you please wait!” Safe to say this was not a conversation he ever thought he’d be having with Dumbledore. But it was either that or they’d be chatting while Lucas was in a pair of ragged sweat pants, slippers, and a robe. Not very dashing or appropriate for this sort of meeting, thankfully he managed to get changed without busting his face on the stone floor.
XXXXXWith a huff Lucas scurried back over to his desk to straighten it up a bit. “Come in” he blurted out while flicking his wrist towards the door to undo the locks. Another flick and the door opened slowly. “I know you don’t want what I’m drinking so how about some tea?” Dumbledore merely shook his head ‘no’ while strolling in. “Very well. So to what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you this morning instead of getting to admire the insides of my eyelids for another hour or so?” The headmaster wasn’t amused, figures. “I told you the other day to stop by my office and you have yet to do so, so I decided to come to you instead. You have been spending a great deal of time in here after all so I knew where you’d be.” Lucas frowned, Minerva had no doubt ratted him out again, honestly, she was like a nosy big sister sometimes. “I must have forgotten, sorry. Won’t happen again.” Dumbledore chuckled, “That’s what you said last time. No matter, I’m sure you are aware this isn’t a social visit. Have you thought any more about what we discussed last time?”
The much younger professor snorted, “Is that not apparent by the empty bottles in the corner and the resignation letter you’ve no doubt spotted on my desk?” His tone practically dripped with sarcasm, “Of course I have, it’s all I can think about. I say no and all previous sacrifices were for nothing. Every death up to this point was for nothing. On the other hand, if I agree I’m sending them out once again like lambs to the slaughter. And before you list off all your damned points again I know them all by heart so don’t waste the energy. I should have never agreed to this s**t in the first place, not that you gave me much of a choice then either. But if I resign then I can be out there doing the missions you would have given them. They can be here learning.... safe, if only for a little while longer.” The headmaster shook his head saying nothing for the moment as he strolled over to the window, but he wasn’t looking outside. He was in fact looking at the picture of Lucas’ father and brother that was hanging beside the window.

XXXXXHe pointed to the pair while turning his head to look back over at Lucas, “What do you think they would do in your position? Do you think they would let innocent people die when allowing these students to help might mean saving them? Your father didn’t hide you and your brother from the world no matter the dangers...” The last of the Broussard line scowled while knocking back the rest of his drink from the night before. “Yes and look where that got them.” He slammed down the glass, forcing himself to let go of it before it could break in his hand from the death grip he’d had on it, “If they were alive we wouldn’t be having this conversation. I’d be out there fighting which is where I should be now instead of here with you debating over the lives of children!” Dumbledore let out a sigh, “You know very well they’re safer with you here, I picked you for this for a reason Lucas. No one would protect them and care as much as you have. Admittedly I never expected the guilt to eat at you quiet this much but emotionally you did take after your mother more than your father. But that’s neither here nor there. Lucas, we have not sent them out there blindly. You have trained them well and they made the decision to join knowing the risks. Just like you and your brother did. So how is it fair for you to take that decision away from them now? I wish we didn’t need them but we do and that is something you cannot deny. You....WE can’t do this alone, not anymore. Not again. If we ever want this war to end we need help, we need people willing to fight along side us and who better than people we teach and trust.” Lucas knew Dumbledore was right which only made the bitter taste in his mouth much worse. The DADA professor said nothing for several minutes instead he just stared down at his desk in silence. Every option was s**t at this point, which was not likely to change no matter how much longer he put it off but that didn’t mean he was willing to give in just yet. For a moment he thought if he just stayed silent Dumbledore would leave but after ten minutes the man hadn’t even flinched so clearly that wasn’t going to work so finally he broke the silence. “I will give you a decision by Monday, deal? If I don’t then you can over rule me and send them out there yourself. But I will say this, there will be absolutely no more solo missions should I agree. Not after what happened with Miles and then the kidnappings. If a mission seems too dangerous I get to go with them personally not just some aurora we send that doesn’t know them. I will have other requirements but those are the two main things for now. Deal?” The headmaster shook his head, slightly amused with how much Lucas suddenly reminded him of his father. “Very well, till Monday. Good day Lucas....” Without another word the headmaster departed and Lucas collapsed into his chair with a sigh of relief that he had a few more days to decide...

....several hours of grading his students’ latest essays later.....

XXXXXLucas dropped his pen onto his desk and let out a wail like an injured animal. Too many essays, there’s just so much a man can take! Grading work, especially essays, is one of the thousand reasons he hadn’t become a teacher in the first place. Defeated by the never-ending pile of parchment Lucas rested his head on his desk, “How the hell does Minerva do this all the time? She really is nuts...I suppose this is one of those moments where I should say I admire her but no way in hell will I ever risk her hearing me say that aloud.” The pair really were friends but terrorizing her was much more fun that praising and stroking that ego of hers. Besides at this point if he started praising her for something she’d think he was up to something. He turned his head to the other side, the parchment tickling his nose. “Nope....this angle doesn’t make that pile look any less daunting. I think I’ll go to lunch. Food will give me energy!” Complete lie, he’d pork out and then want to take a nap which wouldn’t happen because he had a class that afternoon. But hell even a ten-minute nap sounded better than more paper grading. So another groan Lucas straightened up in his seat, taking a moment to pop his back before standing up. “S’pose I should make sure I’m presentable...”, another sigh as he shuffled over to the mirror to make sure he hadn’t forgotten to put on something. Pants? Check. Undershirt and sweater? Check check! Hair? Well....it’s not horrible? A few minutes of debating led to the decision to run a brush through it, “Suppose I’ll have to get it cut at some point, the students are going to think I’m turning into some wild hairy lunatic at this rate. Too bad it wasn’t this long at Halloween..” Lucas chuckled as he slipped into his shoes while grabbing his messenger bag and wand. Once again semi appropriate to be among the public Lucas abandoned his office headed for the Great Hall. ( IF YOU NOTICE THAT LINK.....yes, he currently has Ichabod Crane hair lol )
XXXXXThe walk to lunch was fairly uneventful minus a few of the younger students ogling his hair. Sadly the same can’t be said for once he finally got there. He’d just started to settle into his seat and decide what to eat when Bones appeared. You’ve got to be kidding me!!! He’d just started to pull an apple to his lips but stopped, his gaze going back and forth between the fruit and his distraught student. A few choice words came to mind but Lucas held his tongue as he reluctantly got up to quickly stroll over to the young Hufflepuff. “Bones...what is a Mr. Ducky? Where are your clothes?” The young boy jumped up and down speechless for a moment before grabbing Lucas wrist to start pulling him along. “NO TIME PROFESSOR! HASTE!!! WE MUST MOVE QUICKLY!!!” The DADA professor looked back at the other professors pleadingly but no one moved to help me. Traitors...
“Alright well if we’re running you have to remember I’m old. And you need to explain what exactly happened Bones so I’m not blindly rescuing ducks?” Bones nodded to show he understood and for the next five minutes recalled his latest adventure. Lucas had to repeatedly fight back a chuckle. The kid was hilarious but he was clearly upset so laughing would be far from appropriate and he didn’t want to upset the boy anymore. He liked Bones really; he was just not expecting to have to get wet this early in the morning for the sake of an inflatable duck.

XXXXXOnce they reached the edge of the lake it took a minute or two to figure out where Bones came out of the water. “Right...okay, so I’m going to go investigate. You need to stay right here Bones, okay? If I don’t come up in the next ten minutes or you see red sparks above the water I want you to run as fast as you can back to the castle to get Minerva alright? Do not come in after me and for that matter don’t let anyone else go in, other than a professor. Promise me?” Bones saluted the professor, “Ay captain!” Lucas chuckled, “Good. Now watch this stuff for me while you’re at it. And put this on so you don’t get sick.” Lucas removed his sweater and handed it to Bones who quickly put it on, it was too big for him but it would have to do. Lucas put his undershirt in bag and slipped off his shoes. Obviously the pants had to stay on but at least his shirt would be dry. Bones gave the older male a puzzled look, “Captain did something bite you?” Lucas gave him a confused look before realizing what the boy was talking about. He had a series of claw mark like scars on his ribs and left hip; there was also a set on his right leg but they were hidden. As well as a set of deep huge bite mark scars on his right shoulder and collarbone area. “Oh, uh....that’s a story for another day. But yes, I once had a tussle with a young dragon that thought I looked tasty. Now, back to the matter at hand. Don’t forget what I told you to do. I’ll be back soon.” Without another word Lucas slowly walked into the water, once he was at about chest deep he cast a bubble-head charm so he could breathe. He gave Bones a thumbs up before sinking down into the deep dark freakin cold water. Now if I were a duck where would I be hiding....
Boy oh boy today sure as hell wasn’t turning out how he expected...here’s hoping nothing tries to eat him while he’s down there.

Location: the lake | With: Bones, fish, a monster, and the leftovers of mr. ducky

( ooc: right well I'mma have to edit that monstrosity after work, cause I have to be up in four hours x__X )
User Image

User ImageXXXXXUser ImageXXXXXUser Image

Hallowed Witch

User Image

`R E M U S • J O H N • L U P I N´

at xoxoxxoxox your xoxoxxoxox service xoxoxxoxoxis xoxoxxoxox mister xoxoxxoxox moony
{Ask} a question?

Remus was thankful that lunch had come around so quickly. Transfiguration being cut short was helpful and gave him the opportunity to head back to the dorm and grab a change of clothes. For the last week he had barely been sleeping at night and frequently didn’t get back to the dorm until the rest of the room was already sleeping or until the sun was up. One of the benefits of being a Prefect was that he was rarely questioned for being out late. That and he had offered all week taking Lily’s late night shifts. When he was finally done his rounds he had just headed off to the Shack to sleep the rest of the night off. It wasn’t the most comfortable of places but it was better than sleeping in a room full of tension. The place felt more lonely and cold than usual. Remus had taken to lighting a small fire before he drifted off to sleep despite that he was supposed to keep a low profile when he was at the Shack. Rumors of the place being haunted were gaining traction every year and he didn’t need some cocky third year student checking the place out on a dare.

All of it added to one fact - he knew that he couldn’t last like this for much longer. He had at least three papers that he was behind on and he was struggling to keep awake in class. Lily would start to wonder what he was doing at night if he kept asking to take the late night rounds and he would have to lie to her and make up some lousy excuse. The Shack was a decent crashing spot, but it was never meant for long term stints like this. And all of it for the sake of avoiding Sirius and James and their stupid arguments. He was sick of playing mediator between the two of them and Remus had serious trouble controlling his temper with both of them and their treatment of Lily. But he had been avoiding her just as much as the other two, if not intentionally. Maybe she was just avoiding the whole lot of them to stay sane. He wouldn’t even dream of blaming her.

Something would have to give, eventually. Remus had usually been the voice of reason in the group but he was so very tired of trying to keep everyone level headed. It had become emotionally draining on his end and there was little more he could give to the situation. If this was going to get fixed it would need more than a little tape or the flick of a wand.

With a delicate push, Remus opened the door to their dorm room and sniffed to see if he could catch the scent of anyone actually in there. All clear, it seemed. He let out a deep breath that he didn’t realize he was holding. The place was a mess, even Remus’ area which he usually kept clean (by dorm standards). Robes, shoes, and textbooks were littered left right and centre. Against better judgement, the chances of any of his dorm mates walking in, and his stomach growling for food, Remus started making his bed and putting away his things. It took all of five minutes but oddly enough it was like he had one less thing for his mind to worry about. He quickly changed into a fresh robe and switched out his textbooks for his afternoon classes. A quick glance in the mirror reminded him that he could use a haircut sooner rather than later, he was looking more shabby than usual. Remus tried to make something of it before another groan from his stomach reminded him that lunch was creeping up on him, as was the amount of free time he had left.

Remus closed the door behind him, book bag in tow, and began making his way down the stairs to the common room. There was something else lingering at the back of his mind as well. There was supposed to be another mission tonight. He was unsure if he was even supposed to attend this one as his status as a werewolf had made the upper members nervous. James and Sirius would back him usually, but given their current state who knew. Maybe he would be better off to stay behind and not cause trouble. Here was yet another thing to stress him out.

Barely paying attention has he made his way to the common room, Remus droned through in somewhat of a trance muttering to himself. He started going through a list of what he had to finish for school work by the end of the weekend to distract himself. So distracted in fact that he managed to crash into Ira and drop all of his things on the floor like an idiot. “Ow…” He had managed to stay upright but he’d backed into a bookshelf where a few texts fell on his head. It took him a moment to realize what had happened. “Ira? Oh bollocks, I am so sorry…” he mumbled through the pain. “Are you okay?” He offered his left hand to help her up off the floor.

x x x or are you at a loss for words?
roaming with ▸ ▹ Ira, Gryffindor Common Room

User ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser Image

Eloquent Enabler

User Image

I ʀ ɑ__Ϩ ɑ ʙ ʀ є

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

It had happened quickly. One moment, Ira was walking through the common room with the intent to spend what was left of the lunch period outside. The day was nice enough and Ira knew that this early in the year there were at least a few different kinds of potions ingredients she could harvest. It was more appealing than trying to attend the Gryffindor table for lunch, at least. Usually meals weren't her favorite time of day to begin with, but even less so when so much tension existed around the sections of the table taken up by the sixth years. The result was that Ira much preferred to be outside in whatever kind of weather as opposed to keeping up appearances of eating normally like the others.

Yet here she found herself having crashed into one Remus Lupin. Or, maybe he had crashed into her. Ira didn't know, and in the end she didn't really care. By the time she realized what had happened and how she had ended up on the floor, the poor sixth year had already knocked into one of the bookshelves as well, trying to speak up but not being nearly quick enough to stop what was happening. "Careful--oh." She winced as the book hit him on the head. With his attention thus turned to her, Ira realized she was still on the ground and stared at his hand for a moment before accepting the help up.

"I'm alright, I think it may have been my fault though... Thank you." Once she was standing again, Ira took in the sixth year, frowning slightly in concern. Her hand raised almost of it's own accord to his head, instinctively wanting to look at what was sure to be a nasty bump. Ira stopped herself, however, pulling her hand back and nervously tucking some loose hairs behind her ear. "And you? No, sorry, I think that might have been a stupid question. Those books... Merlin, I'm sorry Remus."

Her gaze moved away from him as a small amount of guilt set in--the sixth year was one of the few people that Ira didn't feel wholly awkward around, and here she had sent him tumbling into a bookshelf. Good job, Sabre. Naturally, she glanced around the empty surroundings almost expecting to see one of the other Marauders before realizing better. Almost as quickly as relief entered her at not having to interact with anyone other than Lupin, she felt bad for forgetting. Looking back to him, she offered a weak smile before looking down and realizing that both of their things had dropped. Bag contents had been haphazardly spilled about in result and her stomach twisted.

"Oh, your things!" Kneeling down, she only took the time to grab the couple of--thankfully unharmed--vials that contained her daily potions and shove them back into her bag before turning to help pick up the rest of the mess. "Here... Are you okay?" Only after she asked did Ira realize she had repeated herself. Yet it was too late to back track again, and she could only mentally curse at her own ineptitude while staring at the books that had dropped from the shelf. "Uh. I can put the bookshelf to rights so you don't have to waste anymore time... I mean, you were probably on your way to lunch, right?" Then again, a quick bit of spellwork could have probably fixed all of it but this was Ira. She was bad enough with charms, and was just too accustomed to cleaning up the hard way to think of her wand.

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Find Me: Gryffindor Common Room Enduring People: Remus

User Image_User Image_User Image

Hallowed Witch

User Image

`R E M U S • J O H N • L U P I N´

at xoxoxxoxox your xoxoxxoxox service xoxoxxoxoxis xoxoxxoxox mister xoxoxxoxox moony
{Ask} a question?

After an awkward pause of a few seconds, Remus helped Ira up off of the common room floor with little effort. Well, if this wasn’t incredibly awkward. He dusted his robes off, as if that would help with the slight bruising he suffered. It was more out of habit than need as he wasn’t covered in much dust if any at all. The books gave him a half decent beating, but nothing he hadn’t taken before. Just more black and blue to add to his current collection, it wasn’t anything special.

Remus casually rubbed the spot on his head where the books had dropped to check for a goose egg. He was in luck, for once, and he just seemed to be a little sore more than anything else. His hair was still a mess but maybe it looked a little less obvious now that he had had an entire bookshelf drop on him. Once he had finished checking himself over he realized that Ira was quickly blaming herself for the mess that he had obviously caused. “No need to be sorry, Ira, it was my fault. I was barely paying attention to where I was going.” She looked relatively unhurt, which was an immediate relief to him. He had probably taken the brunt of the hit by backing into the bookshelf.

He observed the mess that they had managed to create around them, a slightly sour look of disappointment on his face. With a curious glance, he noted that Ira was quickly stuffing a few things back into her bag. Odd, but considering the company he kept, not crazy. Remus was tempted to ask but stopped himself and thought better. No need to ruffle her feathers any more than they already were from this mess.

Speaking of which, this wreck would take much too long to put everything back where it belonged. Manually, at least. “Ira, step back, I’ve got this.” He waited a moment for her to move. “It’s much quicker this way, plus I’m starving.” Remus pulled out his wand from his robes and concentrated on the books in front of him. He barely whispered under his breath and flicked his wand and the books returned to their original spots on the shelf. The remaining few texts that were left on the floor must be the ones that Ira and him have dropped. The spell wasn’t anything fancy by his standards and Remus preferred doing things by hand, but this time he was in a bit of a race against his arguing stomach.

“And don’t be daft, I’m not going to leave you here to clean up the bloody mess I helped create.” Remus flashed a genuine smile, which felt like the first time in weeks. His muscles were almost tickled at the ability to still turn his lips upward and flash his teeth. It felt good to smile, good to interact with other people again and it not feel like staying calm was the ultimate objective. “Were you heading down for lunch?” Remus asked casually. It would be nice to sit with someone. And it had been a while since they had had a chance to talk. “You should join me, I’d love some company that isn’t moody right now.” Remus forced a small laugh, the idea of eating with the rest of the Marauders was painful. He hoped that wasn’t too forward. He honestly just wanted someone who wasn’t going to judge him over a meal.

x x x or are you at a loss for words?
roaming with ▸ ▹ Ira, Gryffindor Common Room

User ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser Image

Eloquent Enabler

User Image

I ʀ ɑ__Ϩ ɑ ʙ ʀ є

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

"Oh, I--uh, right." As soon as he'd advised her to step back for him to clean up the books with some spellwork, Ira had taken herself back a few steps and straightened her robes out. She felt awkward and then slightly envious, watching as the books righted themselves with little effort from the other. Why couldn't she do something like that? It didn't matter, though, as her attention was called back to the other from her thoughts almost as quickly as they had taken form.

Her face colored at his response. She supposed he had a point; it had been rather daft of her to try and shoo him away and leave her to clean it all herself. Another student may have done as much, but this was Remus. He was at least twice as courteous as most others, except perhaps the Hufflepuffs, she supposed. Except he wasn't nearly as annoying as they tended to be (with a few exceptions). His smile lessened her tension, however, and Ira found it in herself to return it with one of her own. Somehow she managed to keep it as his question came, asking if she meant to go to lunch.

"Lunch? I..." No, no she was not. Yet she hesitated with telling him that she had really been meaning to go outside, on her own. His invitation for her to join him at their house table came out so casually from him that Ira couldn't help the surprise the crossed her face. "Really?" Almost immediately she realized how stupid she had sounded at that moment and quickly turned her attention back to the remains of their things on the floor. No one typically gave her the time of day if it wasn't needed or related to classes, or by happy coincidence at least but she supposed she couldn't blame them. Even Ira was wholly aware of her lacking social skills; it was why she usually kept to herself.

"I hadn't really planned on it," She admitted, shrugging as she gathered the rest of the things that had dropped in their collision. With her potions tucked safely away, she hadn't been much concerned with the rest of her things until that moment when it could offer her enough distraction to let her speak. "I don't see any reason not to join you, however, if you're sure you wouldn't mind the company." The thought of trying to actually eat something made her stomach twist, but Remus was a rare friendly face and he genuinely seemed to want company. She imagined how things were for him with Black and Potter's current state of being constantly at each others throats and thought that, were she in that situation, she might feel the same. So, once they both had their things back in their rightful places, she nodded toward the common room door. "Off to the Great Hall, then? ...And you're sure your head is okay?" She asked, brow furrowing a little in worry as she recalled the way they had knocked him over the head before.

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Find Me: Gryffindor Common Room Enduring People: Remus

User Image_User Image_User Image

Sparkly Galaxy

speech color=#59A80F thought color=#D46959
User ImageUser Image
xxxxWith :: Bones

It was a good day.

For the whole of the morning Marlene had felt normal. Days like this one gave her hope that she was getting better. That she could get better. She hadn’t had a proper nightmare in two days. She hadn’t seen Cinna, the sight of whom was a little like an acid pop - terribly sweet but with a burning pain underneath. Even better, she had spent time with Fabian on several occasions over the week since the party. And while she sometimes caught Barty Crouch looking at her from across the Great Hall, he hadn’t done anything untoward. And no one was talking about them, so he hadn’t told. She couldn’t say why, exactly, but she was relieved. Not that she didn’t like him. That wasn’t the problem. She couldn’t like him. She barely even knew him. Down in her room on her side table was a note from him. It had been simple. Sweet really.

Marlene,

Good talking to you this morning. Never knew anyone who knew so much about auras before. Mind teaching me some more? Sounded fascinating.

Keep this note quiet, if you could; if word got out, my mates would be utter arseholes to both of us.

Thanks,

Barty

She had read it three times before committing it to memory. It had been completely absent of any mention of the kissing - only auras. It had come during dinner and she had responded with a nod at him across the hall, but nothing had come from it yet. Marlene had absolutely no idea if he was waiting for her to set a time or if he was simply too busy with his own things to contact her again. But then it had only been a few days. Far stranger was that Lestrange, a boy in her year, was seeming to pay her more attention than he ever had before. Her thoughts flittered back to Fabian telling her she was on lists, and she unconsciously pulled a face.

Marlene shook her head to clear her thoughts. Was she really dwelling on this again? It was lunch, there was sunshine for the first time in days (another factor in her good mood, she was sure) and Marlene was headed out of doors. It had been far, far too long since she had gone on a walk. She had skipped the Great Hall in favour of dumping all of her books and accoutrement on her bed, so she managed to miss Bones’ outburst over lunch. However, as soon as she made it out the front doors she could see him standing by the lakeside, staring intently at the water. Curious, she walked over to him to see what on earth her housemate was up to now.

As she got closer it became clear that he was wearing a sweater that was far too big for him, a single flipper, and did not seem to have on any trousers. That was typical of Bones, really, so Mar did not so much as bat an eyelash. Instead she came to stand beside him, following his gaze towards the surface of the lake.

“What are you looking at?” She asked him, a puzzled expression on her face. She glanced at him, and looked his strange outfit up and down. That was when she noticed his leg. “Oh my God, your leg! What happened? You’re covered in bruises!” Marlene immediately began making a plan to drag him inside to Madame Pomfrey.

p a t i e n c e w i l l a c h i e v e m o r e t h a n f o r c e
                                                      User Image User Image User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff