Welcome to Gaia! ::

l nono l's Prince

Adorable Pumpkin

10,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
                  User Image
                  If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

[kitties!]The blush still hadn't lightened from Nali's face, and she shifted her gaze off to the side. "Can we please stop talking about my sister like this? It's weird," the lady requested, sinking into her chair, one hand coming up and tracing along her scar. She forced her hand back into her lap when she caught herself falling into the habit again. She needed a distraction, and her eyes caught on Skipper's empty glass.

[kitties!]The asari leaned forward and stood up, padding over to the little mini-bar and pouring another half-glass of the dark-honey-colored beverage...and then lifting the bottle a little as if to ask Skipper if he wanted a refill as she took the first sip of "her" own.

(( OoC: Me too. ))
WITH
    skipperUser Image
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz: _ , ( )
en route to the amazon captains quarters cargo bay cic elevator medical mess hall shuttle omega afterlife nos astra illium no one shore party people barat jask krogan otium ryan skipper taelon velorix veronica dark moons eralynn lyrana

Godoriko's Husband

Magnetic Sex Symbol

8,000 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
                  User Image
                                                  "I'm like a freaking dead people factory."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Owyn gestured put his glass forward for Nali to fill and, after he'd gotten his whisky, eyed up the scar that she so bluntly stopped herself from fiddling with. Facial scars were one thing Skipper had never experienced. Sure, he'd had cuts and bruises on his face but nothing that had ever scarred up. His nose had never fully healed from a particularly bad hit, and it was rather prominently crooked but he wouldn't call it a scar... Skipper's curiosity soon got the better of him. "So. Story time. How'd you get that scar?" he asked, gesturing towards the thing -- though it really just looked like he was pointing at Nali- -- with his glass-filled hand.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Where is he? SSV Amazon, Captain's Quarters
                  And who's he with? Nali
                  OoC: There we go.

l nono l's Prince

Adorable Pumpkin

10,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
                  User Image

[kitties!]The lip of the bottle clinked lightly against the rim of Skipper's glass when he accepted the refill. When that was done, Nali put her own glass down for a moment to cap the bottle and return it to its place before picking up her drink again to take another sip as the human asked his question.

[kitties!]"Err," she lowered her glass and sighed a little. Well, at least they weren't talking about Lyrana anymore. "Our good friend Lerax. The b*****d," Nali answered, that second part a simple hiss under her breath. She tilted her head toward the wall a bit as if the little display was necessary for her explanation, "That one night Duncan decided to show his true colors. Before anyone knew what was happening--I'm assuming--Lerax came in and decided to introduce my head to the wall. A few times, actually. He likes to go for the head when he sees me, apparently."

[kitties!]Her free hand came up to scratch at the scar a little bit. She actually did have some make-up to hide it that Lyrana had sent her long ago in hopes of making her more feminine, but the maiden had gotten tired of covering it up. "We were framed just before a new shipment of provisions and medi-gel and medi-everything could come in, so of course we had to save it all for the more serious injuries." The asari stopped and looked down at her drink, swirling it around in her glass. Preserving the supplies for the more serious cases after the attack, and it still wasn't enough to save them all. "I just got out with a little scar. Again," Nali mumbled.

(( OoC: Will join you in a bit. Have to put Stephen to bed. ))
WITH
    skipperUser Image
en route to the amazon captains quarters cargo bay cic elevator medical mess hall shuttle omega afterlife nos astra illium no one shore party people barat jask krogan otium ryan skipper taelon velorix veronica dark moons eralynn lyrana

Partying Fatcat

8,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Brandisher 100
Otium Aris

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Sooooo-lider Man!
Traveling the galaxy,
Looking at all he can seeeee,'

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
[I wond...eh?

It was...motivating to hear such a speech about their future action of trying to take down the leader of a very influential merc band but..Feelings on their current situation were bitter at best, and they were still hunted throughout the galaxy. But at least they were alive--and the day in which a certain former 'comrade'-turned-spectre would be repaid with a lead sandwich was coming....Now, however wasn't the time nor the place to dwell on that.

They'd just left Omega, regained their captain, and he even won 2,000 credits....but his own mind wasn't on those facts.

No,no! Gotta remain positive or some jazz like that, though the drell as he briefly shook his head, ...Yet we've still got no leads on the moons and their activities and...aw, to hell with it, he thought sighing in agitation after rubbing the bridge of his nose. He needed a break from all of this craziness..perhaps he could go talk to one of his crewmembers before he'd go put his assault rifle and pistol up for the time being--it'd help ease his own tension

"Hey everyone I...oh," grumbled the drell flatly. As soon as he'd return, the group for the most part went their separate ways....not that he'd blame them. Perhaps they could be in the armory or at the mess hall....But he'd check those later, considering a walk would be nice.

Perhaps to that cargo bay...Can't say that I spend much time there...I'll probably be nice and silent...most likely. Eh, thought the drell shrugging. All things considered, it wasn't so bad being a fugitive when no was around. Extra quiet when you wanted to be alone....strange noises when he went closer and closer to the cargo bay, strange as that was, but his wish of conversation would be achieved soon enough.

"...Well that's weee...Oh hey Krogan, Veronica. what's new?" asked the Drell, rubbing the back of his head slowly. Hopefully they'd have something they'd want to talk about, but with the former sniffing so much, perhaps there was a strange scent in the air...
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Soolldier man!
Moving as fast as he can be...
Soolllddier m-mnananan....
Soldier man!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Dapper Fatcat

User ImageUser Image

"I reckon we should set a vending machine on fire and toss it out the window! Viva la Resistance!"

Veronica laughed heartily once the nature of the bet was immediatly brought to question. Before she had a chance to fully explain the matter, Nali was summoned to Skipper's quarters for a lengthy chat. Well, there was always later. After Nali had left she began scanning the crew around the Cargobay trying to detirmine who she could shake down for funds, Jask was automatically considered to be a bad, Veronica reasoned that he wouldn't have any credits on him as he'd most likely spend every one on chocolate or any other sweet things that caught his eye, or try to eat them as they sort of looked like candy... from a distance, if you were high. Krogan was the next target, the chance of him having a sizeable amount of credits on him were fairly slim, and asking for them could result in horrific dismemberment and consumption of the remains. That would make an interesting story for a crime thriller! The Mystery of the Missing Lesbian with Detective Owyn Skipper and Dr Nali.

Her thrid potential shakedown target would the Captain him- No definitely not, the sharp pointy end of his knife, and Krogan blood smeared fists provided a very good reason not to try anything. Instead of a shakedown, maybe politly asking was the key?. After a few more seconds of brief consideration a familiar voice made her jump with suprise, as she'd been focusing on other matters. She turned slowly a slightly forced smile on her face. " Otium! My buddy, my compadre, my dearest comrade... My, my BFFLOLOMG! If you're here for your winnings theres a slight issue. I don't... exactly have two thousand credits right now. But I have a plan to get hold of some, involving an old ceiling fan, some slightly expired fruit and thirty singing hanaar! So... gimme a few days... or weeks, maybe a month. Unless there's a different arrangement we could come to?".

Veronica was certainly taking this little personal bet a bit too seriously. What would Otium possibly do if he didn't recieve his money? Send Skipper knocking on her door armed to the teeth with blunt objects and harsh language?

O.G. Winner

8,650 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
┌──────────────────────┐
'K r o g a n'

" Kill, or kill lots.
There is no try.
~ Krogan Shaman

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Was Thinking About: :'C

Krogan turned away as Otium came back and sniffed sharply again, focus back on the empty screen...maybe...maybe this was just a large scene change he forgot about, right? RIGHT?! There was a third sniff and a squeak he squeezed the teddy bear in his arms as Veronica started babbling frantically about money. What was so important about money anyways? He let out a long, loud, and very depressing groan as he rose to his feet and took a step around the three people near him, face focused on anything but them so they didn't see his reddened teary eyes...

krogan don't cry, krogan don't cry, krogan don't cry...

This went through his head as he lumbered from the screen to the stairs to the elevator, and crawled inside. He sat hunched forward on a crate lid, rocking back and forth with Sergeant Snuggles on his head and his arms now around his knees. Yes, no one would be in here, so maybe...the problem with this idea was that krogan were loud enough as is, so really his idea for privacy wasn't exactly good idea...then again neither was underestimating a spectre but- that didn't matter, what was important was that there was currently wailing echoing about the cargo hold.

Currently Thinking About: You don't need to know what he's thinking...seriously you can just HEAR him.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
"Oh...you said incapacitate? I thought you said decap- Errr, I mean- Nothing!"~ Krogan.

Godoriko's Husband

Magnetic Sex Symbol

8,000 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
                  User Image

"Bloody Lerax." Skipper gasped out as he finished off the rest of his drink. Putting the lid back on top of the bottle, Skipper spoke to Nali. "Go get suited up, we'll be hitting Illium soon." he said, dismissing Nali with a flick of the wrist before tapping into the intercom. "This is your Captain speaking. Will the Shore Party please suit up and head to the shuttle bay, thank you." before wheeling himself up and out of his chair, strolling his way towards the elevator. Riding it down to the third floor, the Captain strolled out of it and quickly jogged to the armoury.

Owyn took in a deep breath as he advanced through the room towards his own personal table. How many times had he travelled these halls in the name of the Union? He let out a deep sigh... everything just felt different now. Even as he slipped on his signature N7 armour -- the very armour he'd been wearing since graduating the esteemed academy -- it felt almost... hollow. Skipper had always had the Union at his back, and without them there it almost felt lonely.

But as he held his helmet underarm and double-checked all his weapons, Skipper remembered that he wasn't alone. He had Velorix, Nali, and the rest of the team backing him up, and that brought him immense amounts of comfort as he walked into the shuttle bay and saw the entire team suited up and ready to go. As always, Skipper was the last one to enter the bay. The man smiled and slipped on his helmet, clambering first into the shuttle's pilot's seat. "First one in gets shotgun." he yelled to the team, firing up the engines.

Where is he? SSV Amazon, Shuttle Bay, Shuttle
                  And who's he with? Shore Party
                  OoC:

Hellsnick's Wife

Friend

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tipsy 100
User Image
J A S K--------------------------------

Jask continued to watch the movie screen with intensity, only looking away for a moment when Krogan had pulled out another chocolate bar and had slipped it in between Nali's fingers. The vorcha cast a sideways glance towards the asari for a moment, snorting slightly in jealousy before bringing his attention back to the movie. He didn't know what it was about this silly form of human entertainment, but it was oddly enjoyable...

That is, it was until the screen began to flicker as Nali left and went completely black as the signal from her omni-tool was lost entirely. He sat up straighter and groaned in annoyance. Was that really the end of the movie? That made no sense... He looked around in momentary confusion before turning back and noticing that the asari had left. Also Otium and Veronica had shown up sometime while he was distracted. He growled in irritation and scanned the area for any sign of Nali, but she was already long-gone by that point. Exhaling through his nose, he cast his narrowed eyes back towards the screen.

He looked over suddenly when the krogan next to him began making weird noises... sniffing, and groaning. And he watched him as he squeezed his teddy bear, tilting his head at the odd sight. After Krogan had left and was out of sight, the vorcha stood up himself, briefly looking towards Otium and Veronica before Skipper's voice sounded over the intercom calling them to the shuttle bay.

It didn't take him long to get all his weapons before he arrived along with the rest of the shore party, and he grunted when he caught sight of the asari before Skipper entered the room and spoke up again.

"First one in gets shotgun."

Jask's attention was instantly drawn towards the human, and he looked at him in surprise. Shotgun? He looked towards the others warily before moving forwards and climbing into the shuttle next to the human. It had been a long time since he'd seen Skipper... but from what he remembered, he was a good leader. He trusted him, for the most part.

"Where is the shotgun?" He sniffed slightly as he questioned the human.

O.G. Winner

8,650 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
┌──────────────────────┐
'K r o g a n'

" Kill, or kill lots.
There is no try.
~ Krogan Shaman

Was Thinking About: :'C

Some time of sobbing later. The call for the shore party to head to the shuttle bay was heard, and he straightened up, vision a tad blurry as he banged his head against the steps above him. Right. Murder time. He nodded to himself and grabbed his helmet, slipping it on, then grabbed the metal container he always held on his side, opening it up to reveal a good thirty thermal clips...which would have been impressive if it wasn't for his gun of choice. He grabbed the claymore from his back as he crawled from his hide-y hole, and took an elevator ride up to correct floor, but took a quick detour to The Armory, grabbing one of many M-8 Avengers...good enough fire rate and decent enough clip size, but- he wanted something with MORE BULLETS. With a rifle in one hand and shotgun in the other, he lumbered back the shuttle bay, feet slamming down with a thunderous noise while doing so...usually he kept quieter but. Well, he wasn't exactly in the mood to be discreet.

He came to a slow halt amongst the others, seemingly more focused on the two weapons in hand, as he flicked the switch on his claymore causing a red hologram to appear around and below it, though soon collapsed and returned it to his back. With both hands free he gripped the top of the rifle, examining it for a moment before activating the cryo munitions on it, and soon returned it to it's position on his back around the time Skipper entered. The eye slits on his helmet glowed a brighter blue for a moment before dimming, and clambered in wordlessly a moment after Jask, looking down to his vorcha companion,"I think he means I have the shotgun and to take point when we land...so what are we fighting? More of those mercenaries, or something bigger?" he knew a lot about humanity, but the 'shotgun game' was not one of those things.

Now Thinking About: ...something about thresher steaks...

"Oh...you said incapacitate? I thought you said decap- Errr, I mean- Nothing!"~ Krogan.

l nono l's Prince

Adorable Pumpkin

10,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
                  User Image

[kitties!]Nali looked up from her swirling glass when Skipper either ordered or suggested for her to suit up for Illium. Not that it really mattered which one it was, of course. The asari was eager to get dressed and ready for the asari planet much like a child who'd learned he was going to some theme park with strange, mouse-eared hats all over the place. She'd only forgotten about it when she thought back to that one night, the fulcrum on which everything had turned into well, s**t. She nodded at the instruction and quickly finished her drink, swiftly shaking her head a little as the lady placed her glass with the other used ones.

[kitties!]The captain dismissed her and began speaking into the intercom again as Nali made her way to and out the door. Before it could close behind her, though, she peeked her head through the doorway for a moment, a little grin on her face, "Jokes and punches aside, I really am glad you're back."

[kitties!]When Nali got to the rest of the ship, it didn't ttake her too long to get her things ready: namely the armor tucked under her bed in the crew quarters. She'd actually kind of missed the bunks and the cramped dressers and the...alright, so she was gonna miss all the extra space all to herself, but that was what the cargo bay was for (in her head, at least), and that was where she usually napped anyway. When she got her guns from her little corner, though, she was surprised to see that Jask and Krogan had gone and even turned the movie o--oh, that must've been why they weren't there. She'd forgotten that the movie had been displaying from her omni-tool. Oops.

[kitties!]She soon got up to the shuttle bay to see that most of the others were already there. Skipper soon joined them as well, at Jask was quick to accept the captain's terms, as unknowing as he might've been. Somewhat amused, Nali scooted into the back of the shuttle. Once in, the maiden whipped out her omni-tool and began to type out a quick message to her older sister.

[kitties!]"Actually, if we're lucky, we won't have to do any fighting at all," Nali spoke in response to Krogan's question as she sent the message, "Well. Unless she has a new ex or stalker, but that's only if we're really lucky."

WITH
    shore partyUser Image

Dapper Fatcat

User ImageUser Image

"I reckon we should set a vending machine on fire and toss it out the window! Viva la Resistance!"

There was unfortunately no time to persist in planning to weasal out of a gambling debt, as Skipper had summoned everyone to the shuttle as Illium was in site. Grinning at Otium she beat a hasty retreat into the armoury where she began suiting up for the upcoming Illium landing. While she suited herself up, she thought briefly of the Captain. He'd cleaned himself up fairly well, or maybe that was just in public. Prehaps in private he'd jump straight back to the bottle. Veronica mentally shudderd, the very thought of a drunken angry Skipper going a rampage was quite frankly a scary, scary thought indeed. With everything in order she made her way to the shuttlebay at brisk pace. When she got there she was greeted by the sights of Nali, Krogan and Jask.

To her relief Krogan appeared to have calmed himself down, and was no longer deafening the entire crew with his pitiful wailing. Veronica had never seen a Krogan cry before, so this entire event was a complete shock to her. She face palmed when she overheard Jask and Krogan debating over what Shotgun was. Being a bloodthirsty savage and whatnot, Krogan naturally had the idea that battle would most likely be upon them when they landed. He even asumed he;d be taking point. Nali added that if they lucky there would be no fighting what so ever, Veronica chuckled halfheartedly.

" Nali you should know by now, we're never that lucky. Something will happen, like... erm. Hanar! With lasers! Or a specially trained death squad of doom. Or an ex boyfriend stalker combined into one super powered evil force... ". Veronica shrugged grinning to herself.

Godoriko's Husband

Magnetic Sex Symbol

8,000 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
                  User Image

"There's no shotgun. It just means the passenger seat." Skipper explained dryly to the two aliens who seemed very confused about just what it was he meant. I mean, aliens could construct and deconstruct human weapons left right and centre, but the shotgun game was unknown to them? What was the Galaxy coming to? Krogan then spoke up, something about taking point. Owyn was having none of that. "Hey hey hey." he said without looking around. "Point is my area." he finished authoratively.

(Ugh. Writer's Block.)

Where is he? SSV Amazon, Shuttle Bay, Shuttle
                  And who's he with? Shore Party
                  OoC:

Partying Fatcat

8,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Brandisher 100
Otium Aris

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Sooooo-lider Man!
Traveling the galaxy,
Looking at all he can seeeee,'

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
"Actually, I--" before he would respond, the shore party was summoned by none other than Owyn himself. That just meant they had to go enter a planet underneath the noses of the authorities of that planet...And probably pack better weaponry. But the drell merely ceased his movement for just a brief second, swearing that he'd just heard a word he'd never dream of hearing again.

Landing on Illium. Was it so bad that he didn't even think of his own home planet--to even believe that in his own career, this was to be the last place he'd ever want to see again?

"No, no--The mission will come above all...awkward moments, so I guess I will have to put up. So off I go," he thought muttering under his breath. As Aris returned to the shuttle bay, he rose an brow to Veronica's peculiar statement about jilted exes, chuckling slightly.

"Perhaps it'll shoot rainbows and kill us with hugs! It would at least be a good change of pace."
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Soolldier man!
Moving as fast as he can be...
Soolllddier m-mnananan....
Soldier man!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

O.G. Winner

8,650 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
┌──────────────────────┐
'K r o g a n'

" Kill, or kill lots.
There is no try.
~ Krogan Shaman

Was Thinking About: eating things.

Blah blah talk about ex'es blah blah. Something about rainbows and hugs. His mood was sort of dead at the moment, the eye slits on his helmet dimmed at Skippers comment, but he simply growled and said nothing, instead turning his head back to look towards Veronica and Otium,"If they start something I'll eat them...Always wondered what human sushi tastes like anyways. Wait- those Hanar are like jellyfish, right? Heard Clan Japan makes good sushi..." he made some sort of sound as if he was seriously considering having some Hanar cooked up and served with some seaweed and fried rice...whether he was or not though...perhaps it was best if 'those ones' didn't try and find out. He started to straighten himself up only to lightly bang his helmet on the ceiling. Right. Forgot. With this he leaned forward in his seat and looked to the people next to him, mostly to Nali then to Otium, next the turian and new human then finally Veronica. Out of all the crew something about her still elluded him, even if he'd talked with her a bit more than he had some of the other members (Otium, Skipper, Ryan, and Velorix.)...it must have been the Pink Crest. At least that's what he thought. He wasn't too sure really, he'd bug her about it later. There wasn't much to do in the shuttle anyways, so for the trip he merely looked from person to person and nodded to his thoughts on them...so less than friendly but you couldn't really see the look on his face anyways.

Now Thinking About: eating people.

Amateur Millionaire

User ImageUser Image
-
R ʏ ᴀ ɴ--W ᴀ ʀ ᴅ
─────────────────

noli me vocare, ego te vocabo

[apt]Oh good. They really were going to walk around armed on Ilium. This wasn't going to draw any attention at all. Ryan kept his mouth shut, though behind his helmet he rolled his eyes, silently cursing the Chief Engineer who had stuck him with this instead of something more reasonable like jumping into a singularity. The planet itself was fine. Great place all around. But they were just asking for trouble. And now he was asking with them.

[apt]He checked his pistol despite having done it seconds ago - hey, maybe the shuttle would spontaneously cease to function while he was at it - then climbed into the back. It was very difficult to ignore the conversation about specially-trained ex-boyfriend death squads of rainbow-powered doom being eaten by a krogan, but he tried. He did not need that in his head. And there. It was stuck there anyway.

[apt]Thanks a lot, Amazon.

─────────────────
exitus acta probat

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out