• Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
                      User Image

User Image

•••••• By the cσδє I will sєяvє you ...
                      •••••• ץσυя choices are мץ choices ...
                      --------------------------------

xxFinally managing to wrestle open the packaging for the energy bar Orina took a small lady like nibble from the corner. Her eyebrows pushed together in disappointment at the taste of the bar she had just nibbled on. "This is quite horrible...." Her thoughts echoed her expression as she tried desperately to swallow the stale brick she had just stuck in her mouth. Still she didn't complain openly, it would be unbecoming of a justicar to openly complain about the quality of nourishment. Grabbing her warm mug from the table Orina washed the brick down with a large gulp, the warm liquid rushed over her tongue washing clear any remaining taste and changing the expression on her blue features. "Goddess, this.....um coffee is good." She blurted out in a soft mumble, taking another long drink turning her eyes back to the salarian across from her as he responded to her first statement. "The Amazon must be installed with quantum entanglers to allow easy access across such a great distance." Orina stated trying to logically think it through in her head as she took another sip of the sinfully good liquid. "My experience has generally been on private trading vessels and transport ships. Nothing nearly as grand as the Amazon, most could barely afford to buy decent navigation charts. Orina took another painful bite of the bar in her hand as her stomach rumbled lightly once more reminding her that she hadn't eaten nearly enough to satisfy. The smell rolling into the sitting area from the kitchen didn't seem to help keep her hunger at bay, in fact it smelt divine.

xxThe salarian made a mention that the only news was all about politics. "Politics are something best avoided, in my experience." The asari never really liked politics, too many secrets. Secrets often gave way to darker deeds and dark purposes all in the name of "keeping the people safe". "At least out here I know who my enemies are." Orina couldn't return the smile that pulled at his lips but she appreciated it all the same. When his hand extended to her in a greeting Orina offered her own, lightly clasping her hand around his for a brief moment before shaking it as he formally introduced himself. She figured she might introduce herself again as well, everything was such a mess on Virmire that Orina had only been vaguely aware of over half the crew. "Orina Xanto, it's a pleasure Sergeant." Orina let go of his hand after giving it one more semi friendly shake and a small smile at his concern over her health. "There's no cause for worry Sergeant. Nothing more than a few bruises and cuts left, and the lieutenant was able to set my arm back on Virmire...." Orina stopped her thought process half way through at the mention that they would be receiving another medical officer. Perhaps the lieutenant had been reassigned to another post or perhaps he requested a transfer off the Amazon. "So Lieutenant Korvis......" Orina started to ask if the turian had been reassigned yet Na'al's expression caused the knot in her stomach to tighten. Orina had no knowledge of how she even made it aboard the Amazon, let alone the state of the rest of the original crew. "Goddess guide him... The words came out in a single breath the shock evident in her voice. The asari didn't need anything else said, the look on Na'al's face was enough to know that Korvis didn't make it off Virmire. Korvis had been the first of the crew to offer her more than a few cautious stares."....my condolences. He seemed to be an honorable man." Her eyes moved to the bottom of the mug she was holding staring blankly at the dark liquid. It was her responsibility to assist the Amazon crew on Virmire, in that she had failed miserably. "The Captain?" In Orina's experience most leaders who loose people under their command take their death's personally. She only hoped that the captain didn't go down in a blaze of glory, though from her brief experience with Captain Skipper she doubted that he didn't do anything rash.

•••••• ץσυя morals are мץ morals ...
                      •••••• Your ωιsнєs are my cσδє ...

•••••• ℓσcαтισи: USV Amazon - Mess Hall
                      •••••• ωιтн: Na'al

User Image
            [

Aurora Rosaria's Husband

Omnipresent Lunatic

9,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
User ImageSur’Kesh Le Tazzik Gal Selune Aru Verdan Na’al
Na'alSalarian Engineer

A clack on the table was heard when Na'al set down the datapad on the table, his eyes closed and mouth silent. He or Orina didn't know the turian for more than a few hours, but it was obvious the loss had a deep effect on her. "We all mourn in our different ways. I myself find it hard to adjust, but I have to no choice but to. We are soldiers...Korvis was a soldier after his primary vocation as a medic. There is not a single one here who does not know the risks of what we do, it...it is an occupational hazard." Na'al gave a short speech knowing that it wasn't going to cheer Orina up, but merely remind her of what every able body on the ship signed up for. "I cannot speak for the Captain though, you would have to speak to him yourself." He expected Orina to understand as well since she was a Justicar. Na'al remained silent for a moment to let things sink in.

The Salarian scientist wanted to go back to the other topics they were talking about. He did not wish to depress the Justicar yet it seemed like he was doing a heck of a time doing so anyway. "So...Quantum Entanglers" he started off with a nervous tone. "I'm surprised you how they function. It is nice to see you have a good brain" He said this with a smile and in no means was implicating that he did not expect the Asari to be unintelligent. What interested him more though was her name, it almost sounded familiar until it hit him. Her surname belonged to a Salarian clan. Non that he knew, but he just knew such clan existed. "If I may ask. You don't have to answer if you so wish...Was your father by chance Salarian?" If the answer was yes, then that would delight Na'al. Nothing would please him more than speaking with one of a naturally scientific mind. This was usually why he liked to associate with the Quarians. He never met a species finer at maintaining ships. But of course, Na'al was in the presence of a Justicar. To think of others while being in conversation with her was probably rude, the Salarian had no way of telling. He would be, if given an option, eager to learn of the customs of those who hold such a prominent title.

The phrase "Do not touch" means nothing to me.

Dapper Reveler

7,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
            User Image

x
x
x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxa i ' x i n g n a r i l l i u mxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

════════════════════━━━━

xxxxxFootsteps dragged at Ai's attention, and she had already opened the controls on her omnitool to cloak before she managed to halt the button-press. You're in a safe place...robot zombie things run, they don't walk...Jask is in front of you, so he'll take the shot first...calm down, Ai, she thought to herself in an attempt at calm. Nevertheless, she got as tiny as she could--which was fairly tiny--before a drell's bright face peeked at the duo. His voice turned their names into a relaxed purr, and the little quarian let out a lame, "Oh," before unfurling from her ball.

xxxxxAi hadn't had any chance to speak with Otium Aris since they'd shared a very brief conversation before they reached the Citadel. The drell was one of the more intriguing crew members that she'd met, as was Jask (which was probably why she'd ended up in an incredibly cramped space with a vorcha). Like with Jask, most of her fascination for Otium came from his species. Where vorcha tended to be funny little bundles of violence, drell were fairly mysterious; quarian-shaped, without the creepy similarity that humans had, or the questionable mind powers that asari did. And they were softer than turians (who could be charming through the weird mandible clacking). Drell and quarians also shared a history of homelessness, and for all of her separation from the Flotilla, Ai, as the child of an exile, felt some kinship. She had no more control over her birth on Illium than they did over theirs on Kahje--assuming they'd been born on the hanar homeworld.

xxxxxAs for getting to know this drell, Ai had intended to follow up on their conversation on the Citadel, but had gotten caught up with Jask. Then their leave was cut short, and she never came across him in passing-- But, it didn't matter. There would be plenty of time for them to chat. That he'd stumbled across them in her cubby meant that the Amazon was small enough for random encounters like these. It also meant that she really did need to find a better hiding place. A concern for another time.

xxxxxAi slithered around Jask in a smoothly serpentine motion that brought her before Otium. She didn't miss the morosely contemplative expression on his face, though his features were still largely alien to her. "We've been discovered, Jask. Quick, hide the evidence," she said in a stage whisper, her glowing eyes glued to Otium's. Then she grinned wide enough for her voice to convey her smile, "Noooo, we were not planning on releasing a plague of robot dogs aboard the ship. Whyever would you suspect us of such a thing?" She placed a hand on his upper arm and gave what she hoped was a reassuring squeeze. Sometimes, a little joke and good company were enough to wash away a bad feeling. Ai was already feeling more perky.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx━━━━════════════════════

Dapper Lunatic

1,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
                      User Image

User Image

•••••• By the cσδє I will sєяvє you ...
                      •••••• ץσυя choices are мץ choices ...

xxIt was silly for her to feel slightly depressed about the loss of the medical officer, yet Orina couldn't help but feel a sense of loss at the turian's passing. True she hadn't known him very long, but he seemed honorable enough that she knew the crew had lost a good soldier. Na'al had put it very logically, which wasn't surprising him being salarian, the crew all knew what they signed up for. Justicars often put themselves in situations that would kill your average soldier, even their training had an extremely high causality rate, Orina had prepared herself a long time ago to sacrifice herself for the greater good. "Of course...." Was the only answer Orina managed to come up with as a moment of silence passed between the two. Justicar's were supposed to protect people, she couldn't help but feel a bit of responsibility at the crewman's death. Maybe she could have done something to help.....given the crew a chance to escape while she stayed behind. Of course there was nothing she could do about it now.

xxNa'al's change of subject was welcomed though it did little to ease the knot in her stomach. She let out a small chuckle as he referenced her "good brain", she assumed he was speaking of her intelligence. "Ah...yes." She started slowly as she leaned back in her chair rubbing the back of her neck as she tended to do when she was nervous. "You'd be surprised what you can pick up over a couple centuries." Orina tended to be like a sponge, she was always eager to learn more about how things worked she always figured it in with her father being salarian. Her thirst for knowledge was a double edged sword, as she had learned over the years, often leading her to learn too much. "Despite that I can still find new things." She raised her mug of coffee to illustrate her point. "I've never heard of this drink before....must be a human thing....but whatever it is its good." She added taking another drink before emptying her cup and setting it on the table.

xxOrina shifted lightly at the mention of her father, it wasn't that she wasn't willing to share it was just that she wasn't used to speaking about herself personally. Most people where more interested in her life as a justicar. Not so much in the person she was before she devoted herself to her code. "Its alright." She offered a slight comfort in case her body language made him feel he had offended her. "Actually he was." Orina wasn't sure if that would be a good thing to another salarian, some asari believed that the stuff about asari inheriting the traits of the father species was false. Truthfully Orina believed, or rather hoped, that she had inherited something from her father. "My mother rarely spoke of him, but I believe he was a member of the STG before working as a Spectre for the council." Orina had always thought she would follow in her father's footsteps and become a spectre, yet events in her life had lead her down the path of the justicar. She wasn't sure what it was, but the life had always seemed so glamorous.....she was wrong but she had been a young maiden full of dreams at that time of her life. "Did you recieve your training in STG?" She asked both curious and desperate to get the focus of the topic off herself. The longest conversations she had recently had been interigations of a mercinary that had tried to hijack a freighter she had been traveling on. "I apologize....Its been ages since I spoke so casually with another. You'll have to forgive my conversation skills...or lack thereof."

•••••• ץσυя morals are мץ morals ...
                      •••••• Your ωιsнєs are my cσδє ...

•••••• ℓσcαтισи: USV Amazon - Mess Hall
                      •••••• ωιтн: Na'al Verdan

User Image

Hellsnick's Wife

Friend

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tipsy 100
User Image
User Image

The offer to change the subject was one he didn’t have to dwell on for long, and he almost immediately responded with a nod and stood up from his seat. He had his thoughts on the matter, but he was never one for detective work; and that was pretty much what this whole thing as boiling down to now. Guesses and speculation. What were the Reapers after, and why? What was Duncan’s role in it all? Too many questions, and he was all too happy to leave the guesswork to some of the others. If something needed to be disembowelled however, he’d be more than willing.

Soft footsteps soon sounded throughout the hallway during their momentary silence, and Jask picked up on Ai’s tension. His head tilted towards the opening of their ‘nook’ to try and get a better idea of who it was. Though he didn’t think they had to worry about getting attacked just yet. His hunch was proved correct as a calm voice cut through the silence and addressed both of them. Aris, he realized, and nodded to him in a greeting. He always had liked the drell, despite their lack of really getting to know each other yet. Despite all that had happened, he still associated him with free chocolate. That had definitely been a good first impression.

Jask’s attention was then called to Ai, as she walked passed him to greet Aris herself. He quickly caught on to Ai’s joking tone and felt his mischievous side return, instantly hissing with laughter at her ‘joke’. It felt good to joke around amongst all the stress they had to deal with otherwise. “Definitely have not been plotting since we were on the Citadel. Stop asking us questions.” He told the drell with mock-defensiveness, snickering the whole time.

█ █ HUMANS ARE CRAZY

Partying Fatcat

8,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Brandisher 100
User Image
╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
User Image
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
"Hey, what the hell are you doing?" asked a puzzled Aris. With a nervous chuckle, the Drell darted his line of sight towards the sides of this cramped little spot Ai and Jask clung onto. Although he began to chuckle, he still couldn't help BUT feel uneasy at the current turn of events...Why exactly was she squeezing his arm?

Although he hadn't known Ai for very long, he was fairly certain that Jask was normally a very down-to-earth, normally quiet individual. Whatever she was thinking, she was obviously entertained enough to make things suddenly go awkward.

"If this is about my vids...uh--they're too private! And expensive to share..yeah that, its," grumbled the Drell in confusion.
╔══════════════╗
- location -
Amazon
- with -
ask and Ai (small 'ol spot in Engineering)

╚══════════════╝

707sTYPO's Husbando

Garbage Kitten

11,925 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
x x ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀x x ↘ ↘ q u a r i a n E N G I N E E R
( ) xxx Karii'Lianah vas Amazon

( ) xxx USV Amazon; MedBay.

▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬

User Image
                          Karii wasn't sure how she felt about not being able to remember much. The last thing she did recall was seeing Precursor. Even then, she wasn't sure if that was a bird flying by the sun or just figment of her imagination. She was hoping for the earlier of the two. She wasn't ready to come to the grips of actually seeing one of those massive creatures face to face. She wanted to ask Nali why she felt it was better off not to remember, but that might have been touching a soft spot for the woman. Who knew what might have happened to her that would force such an opinion onto her.

She watched the Asari closely. It was hard not to notice her quick glances at the door in which Skipper was now behind. Nali's attempt to answer the question was almost laughable. Almost. A brow perked as she went on about scrapes and bruises. Again, her attention turned to the door. "That's not what I meant," she said rather plainly before shuddering forward with another cough. She shook her head, "You seem distracted."

Nali's attention was once again reeled in from the doors, and she immediately felt a tint of embarrassment for having been called out on it.  The first thing she needed to respond to was the cough and shudder, however, so the asari moved aside and quickly grabbed another blanket from another bed.  Though she worked closely with one in the past, she wasn't exactly sure of how quarians worked.  She just knew that when she was sick and coughing and everything, keeping warm always seemed to help her.  Warmth promotes blood flow, blood flow promotes healing.  Or something like that.

"Uh.  Yeah.  Sorry, I guess I am," the maiden admitteåd, holding the blanket out for Karii to take.  A moment before, she'd kind of pondered lying about it, but even as distracted as she was, she was aware of how obvious she was being.  Nali lifted herself to sit up on the bed Skipper had previously been occupying, letting herself think about why she couldn't focus on the sick quarian before her, in spite of the fact that they were engaged in conversation.

Well, that was easy.  She was jealous.  Just like she had been when she saw Skipper and the Justicar talking in the cell.  "He's just so shameless when it comes to women," Nali answered, looking down to watch her feet swing back and forth and trying to make it sound like it wasn't about her at all.  She was probably failing.  Miserably.  "I just hope she managed to put him under before he started talking.  Otherwise, he might never get that hand attached."

The Quarian gave a nod in thanks as another blanket was handed to her. She already had two on the bed upon her lap, but what was a third. It couldn't hurt in the least. She slowly wrapped herself in it, wincing in the slightest bit of pain as she extended her left arm. Even with the surgery, her body still ached to the core with the motion. Stupid bullet wound. She'd have to remember to keep low next time someone was taking pot shots with a sniper rifle. You know, common sense things.

Her head tilted to rest against the headboard for the bed as she listened to the Asari speak. Had Karii been in a better frame of mind, she might have been a bit more tactful with her line of questions. She might have even been able to catch the woman's flow without being so blunt about it. "Why does it bother you now?" she asked. It wasn't like the young Quarian had been around for very long in comparison to some of the others on the ship, but it was hard to miss the glances he snuck or the words he hucked at the women on the crew. These antics weren't new for their Captain. Now that she thought about it, Skipper had never been that way towards her. At least not to her face that she could recall. She should probably consider that a blessing.. or an insult. Whichever. "Hasn't he always been that way?" she asked with a quirked brow.

ooc;;
                          Notes: Guilt for killing husks; Justicar code?; Told ya so, Paldoren!; Security console shock!

Aurora Rosaria's Husband

Omnipresent Lunatic

9,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
User ImageSur’Kesh Le Tazzik Gal Selune Aru Verdan Na’al
Na'alSalarian Engineer

Na'al gave a subtle nod as he crossed his arms as he listened to Orina speak. He could almost feel the sorrowful tension in the air around them begin to dissipate, which was good. He made the right call in changing subjects on the Justicar. With a slight chuckle beforehand, Na'al began to speak again. "Ah...I can't imagine how much knowledge one could procure in such time. I do sometimes dare to dream of the possibilities." He mused knowing full well of his species' average lifespan. This did not bother him at all however as he felt that the research he devoted his life to would not be in vain someday. Should his work go unfinished, Na'al would hope there would be another to continue or even improve upon whatever it is he did. When Orina rose her mug and questioned the beverage, Na'al found it easy to identify it. "Ah yes...Coffee. A drink usually created by filtering hot water through ground coffee beans and sometimes other assorted ingredients are added to the mixture. One of the more prominent ingredients is Caffeine, the legal drug which is used as a stimulant to humans and other species alike...I personally try to stay away from caffeine. My brain is already as stimulated as it needs to be." Na'al spoke. He later regretted his little outburst of knowledge as he did not mean to ramble on like that.

When Orina confirmed the Salarian's suspicions, he would have admitted that it was a little delightful to at least talk to someone with someone who he could relate to in some way. He was curious about her line of work, but before he would inquire about that, Na'al wished to learn what led up to her choice into that particular profession. He did notice Orina's slight movements and could not help but wonder if he hit a sore area of thought. He realized that she most likely really did not know her father because of a Salarian's short lifespan compared to an Asari's millennial spanning life. "STG and a spectre? I'm not surprised then that your surname sounded familiar. The man held titles of great honor." He spoke and sat up more straight in his chair. Orina's lineage was very impressive. Na'al almost started laughing when the Justicar asked if he had any experience in working for the STG. "I'm afraid not. My military allegiance lies with the first fleet. The STG may be able to end wars before they even begin, but when they fail, it is the fleet's directive to finish the job. I would tell you more about it, but that information is classified." Na'al responded. He felt more relaxed just talking to another in a quiet atmosphere. His other conversations took place on a much more busy and loud setting that it was difficult to enjoy the small talk. "You are forgiven, but we are one and the same in that manner. Before being assigned to this vessel, my time were almost always spent in a lab working all hours of day and night save for one single hour to regain my energy and get back to work. Of course I sometimes have the aid of a research team, but even then we were always hard at work." Na'al explained with thoughts of fond memories in his head. This Salarian was happiest when working. Of course there were some couple minute breaks in between his work when with his team, but there was no need to mention that. Nothing gets done when doing nothing.

The phrase "Do not touch" means nothing to me.

l nono l's Prince

Adorable Pumpkin

10,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
User ImageUser Image

[mmdatass]...

[mmdatass]Damn, Karii was being brutal today. Or maybe she just wasn't beating around the bush because she wasn't feeling well. In hindsight, it was probably a good thing, but at the moment, it kind of made Nali feel like crap for having to drop everything on a sick quarian when she was the one who was supposed to be taking care of everyone. Not the other way around.

[mmdatass]"Yeah, he has..." she spoke in slight resignation. On one hand, his blatant flirting was the only way she figured he might have been interested. On the other hand, it also made her wonder if he would've done the same thing had it been another lady to accompany him around the ship. ...and it bothered her that the answer she came up with was probably. Nali knew he was attracted to her, and sure,they were friends, but it wasn't like his behavior had ever been directed exclusively at her. The maiden was pretty sure he wasn't going to sleep around on her, but she didn't like how the more she thought about it, the more she realized they only likely slept together because he was horny and she was available.

[mmdatass]The asari sighed airily as if the breath was being pressed out of her lungs as she rolled her shoulders forward (ow) and rested her elbows just above her knees. "After some...recent developments, I was...kind of hoping he would only be like that towards me."

WITH
          kariiUser Image
        ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz: _ , ( )

en route to the amazon captain`s quarters cargo bay cic elevator medical mess hall deck shuttle omega afterlife nos astra illium office presidium apollo`s cafe engine room virmire cell facility

fire team, no one, people, shore party, ai, jask, karii, maxine, na`al, orina, otium, skipper, veronica, matriarch asta, council, dark moons, duncan, eralynn, faust, hackett, lerax, lyrana, mungo, sergeant tom freedom, vikenti, yolan terris,

and ing sans other inhabitants
User ImageUser Image

Dapper Reveler

7,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
            User Image

x
x
x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxa i ' x i n g n a r i l l i u mxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

════════════════════━━━━

xxxxxOooookay, so not quite the response she'd expected. Ai actually had to chomp down on her lip to keep from laughing out loud, recalling the conversation she and Otium had shared a few days before. Dropping her hand from his arm, she nodded in what she hoped would be perceived as solemn agreement, and nudged Jask conspiratorially, "No worries, Otium. We didn't send the robot dogs to steal your vids, and we havent programmed them to play during dinner. There are no robot dogs, after all." It was a weak joke and a weaker threat, but his overreaction made her concerned that a more serious statement might actually scare the poor guy. Whatever the case, she seemed to have succeeded in distracting him from whatever had been bothering him. She told herself that it was probably better if she didn't overindulge in her curiosity concerning his viewing habits, especially if his secrecy turned out to be completely reasonable.

xxxxxTo better facilitate the change in atmosphere, Ai broke into motion. Like she had done with Jask, she smoothly danced around the drell, placing herself between him and Engineering's exit. Ai twiddled her fingers in a carefree good-bye, leaning toward her company as she took backward steps toward the exit. "Gentlemen," she said cheerfully, "I'm gonna go see what sorts of vittles this here ship can cook up for a quarian!" In her statement was an unspoken invitation, and her waving hand flipped over, morphing into a beckoning motion. What vorcha could say no to food?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx━━━━════════════════════
          Ivan Aleksandrov
          with: Veronica + Na'al + Orina + Other Crew Members

when i woke my back was broke from lyin' on the floor
                  sunlight poured through all the cracks in my front door
                  wake up you've got a lot of things to do
                  wake up the sun is rising without you

User Image
One of Ivan's favorite things was laughing. That's why he never tried to stifle it. Nope! When he laughed, it was a full-blown guffaw. It echoed from his barrel of a chest and burst out with volume that was occasionally known to shake walls. It was one of the single most positive things he could think of, and he was doing it a lot around Veronica! If the rest of the crew was as friendly as her, then Ivan could really see himself enjoying life on the Amazon. (Of course, the sudden reminder of mortality from Virmire screamed at him not to make emotional connections to people. He couldn't help it.)

"Eh, uhhh, I am sorry," Ivan said, blinking and focusing back up at her. "Biotic headache. Careful of your head! Very unpleasant." He covered up his private despair with a laugh and a quick change of subject. Veronica had her secrets. So did he. Hopefully he was more subtle about 'em. "Of course we are hitting it off! Is hard not to hit off with pretty lady with nice smile. My friends would be so jealous, yes?" Ivan nudged her with his elbow conspiratorially.

"Unfortunately, I play baseball." He stopped. That didn't quite sound right. What was the most un-awkward way for him to talk about being gay? "I play for a team?" His face screwed up. He knew that he was getting something wrong. "Augh! Forget it. I kiss beards!" he said, chuckling at his own expense. "Our love story on the Amazon. Doomed!" Ivan held a fist to the sky, like he was cursing the gods.

Grinning ear to ear, Ivan eyed the pot and slid over to it, whipping out a spoon. He turned and offered Veronica a smoking spoonful of broth and meat. "Come, taste!"

willie was shot once in his mind
                  and his cry out saved his own life
                  the second time was through the heart
                  the doctors pulled the bullet from inside
                  he had a job to do he said
                  that's his way of life

Dapper Fatcat

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

[Pants!]Well if something wrong with Ivan he was doing a good job of hiding with some joyous laughter that wasn't suspicious in any way. Still, Veronica was a lady and it would be rude to pry into his private life before he was ready for it. His laughter eventually died down and it had left Veronica staring at him with a puzzled look on her face, it was one thing to be cheerful but to just burst laughing out of no where like that was certainly odd. Ivan was quick to blame it on his biotic headache which didn't seem to have been a problem earlier but regardless he still warned her of the dangers of head injuries.

[Pants!]Another small bout of laughter escaped his lips, dear lord the man was cheerful. He certainly knew how to compliment a woman though, Veronica's grin grew wider. "Ivan, are you trying to seduce me?" If he was he'd be quite disappointed to hear that Veronica would only be into him if he turned into a leggy brunette in a corset, and maybe in thigh highs. But alas his seduction was only a ruse. Ivan was in fact a baseball player and played for some kind of team! Veronica chuckled to herself at his new found nervousness, "Well, yeah. I can't imagine playing without a-" He was gay, what else could he mean by kissing beards? Aside from a weird childhood hobby.

[Pants!]"So do I! Well, not beards, that'd be- I'd be worried if my girl had a beard." Well the truth was out and they both knew about each others sexuality! Not a bad start to this budding friendship. The food was just about done and the first they had to do before serving was taste it. Veronica examined the spoon closely before slowly wrapping her mouth around it. Her eyes widened and she recoiled in pain, the soup was very bloody hot! There was more heat than flavor but the small amounts she could taste were pretty fantastic. She seized Ivan's water and downed the entire thing and began fanning her mouth with her hand in a comical fashion. "It's hot. Very hot. But tastes pretty good, I think everyone else'll love it."

with
                          Ivan, Orina and Na'al

Partying Fatcat

8,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Brandisher 100
User Image
╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
User Image
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
If this were some sort of twisted joke, then Aris was giving her something truly hilarious.
Immediately leaving the Drell and Vorcha amongst themselves, all Aris could do at the moment was shake his head. Ai was certainly a...cheeful individual. But given the kind of crap they'd see on a regualr basis, a few laughs and smiles would help preserve their sanity.

Turning to face the Vorcha before turning his to Ai, all Aris response was a confused groan as she left. To say that she was 'interesting' was an understatement of the year. Though she did have a point-what cuisine did they have for Quarians and Turians? Better yet, what was on the menu, period? Considering what they just went though, Perhaps some good food would help.

"Come on Jask, let's see what's on the menu," Aris cooed.
╔══════════════╗
- location -
Amazon
- with -
Jask and Ai (small 'ol spot in Engineering)

╚══════════════╝

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces